June 28, 2011
A Quiz

For our liberal friends.

Can you guess who came up with this marvelous, well-meaning program?

We ask that the government undertake the obligation above all of providing citizens with adequate opportunity for employment and earning a living. The activities of the individual must not be allowed to clash with the interests of the community, but must take place within its confines and be for the good of all. Therefore, we demand:... an end to the power of the financial interests. We demand profit sharing in big business. We demand a broad extension of care for the aged. We demand... the greatest possible consideration of small business in the purchases of national, state, and municipal governments. In order to make possible to every capable and industrious [citizen] the attainment of higher education and thus the achievement of a post of leadership, the government must provide an all-around enlargement of our entire system of public education... We demand the education at government expense of gifted children of poor parents... The government must undertake the improvement of public health--by protecting mother and child, by prohibiting child labor... by the greatest possible support for all clubs concerned with the physical education of youth. We combat the... materialistic spirit within and without us, and are convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only proceed from within on the foundation of the common good before the individual good.
Posted by RagnarDanneskold at June 28, 2011 10:18 AM | Email This
Comments
1. Oh please. Baseless and pointless ad hominem attacks? I could certain dust off some great Goebbels quotes that could have been read verbatim at Republican conventions... just switch "Poland" with "Iran"!

But then again, I guess this means that you're strongly in favor of:

* Wide-scale unemployment;
* Gay marriage;
* Businesses that are unaccountable in courts of law;
* A slow lingering death for the elderly;
* Illiteracy and shoddy education;
* A lack of any opportunity for the poor;
* Children working in sweatshops;
* Childhood obesity; and
* A complete lack of obligation to the community.

Posted by: demo kid on June 29, 2011 06:53 PM
2. Are you going to answer the question or simply continue to prove your own attack?

* Wide-scale unemployment; Grown under Obama
* Gay marriage; Grown under Obama
* Businesses that are unaccountable in courts of law; Grown under Obama
* A slow lingering death for the elderly; See latest reports out of that bastion of conservatism, The Netherlands
* Illiteracy and shoddy education; Grown under Obama, Carter and union thug rule
* A lack of any opportunity for the poor; Oh Please. Everyone has equal opportunity; what you want is equal OUTCOME - yep class envy grown under Obama
* Children working in sweatshops; Supported and grown by Obama debt to China
* Childhood obesity; LOL! Force feeding them sushi instead of chocolate milk as MANDATED by California and pushed by the fry-aholic Michelle? Perhaps if lefties didn't ruin childhood fun by banning games that include EXERCISE...
* A complete lack of obligation to the community. See, there's the difference between conservatives and lefties: you DEMAND 'voluntary' compassion via taxes, we give iunbidden charity - and in far greater amounts than liberals - look up the stats.

There's your problem dimkid - you don't read outside your Koolaid stand. FACTS refute every single whine you made.

Grow the hell up.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on June 30, 2011 11:20 AM
3. * A lack of any opportunity for the poor;

Gallup: Obama Hits All-Time Low Among Poor; Approval Comparatively Highest Among Rich

HA! I love to throw your foolish, willingly misinformed Koolaid talking points back at you.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on June 30, 2011 11:44 AM
4. So therefore, since you're for employment, accountability, education, opportunities for the poor, and against child labor and gay marriage, that must mean that you're a firm supporter of the National Socialist party, right?

I'd recommend that you grow the hell up yourself. Truth is that if more people like you cared about these problems than whined incessantly about them, they be much closer to being fixed.

Posted by: demo kid on July 1, 2011 10:45 AM
5. So therefore, since you're for employment, accountability, education, opportunities for the poor, and against child labor and gay marriage, that must mean that you're a firm supporter of the National Socialist party, right?

What reality - or drug induced stupor could possible allow a 'kid' who attempts to present himself as rational to come to that illogical conclusion?

Check your premise, parrot.

We all know the trick liberals like to use, the one of accusing their enemies of that which they themselves are guilty.

Wipe the Koolaid from your eyes, erase the talking points from your parrot puppet pull string and grow the hell up.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on July 1, 2011 11:43 AM
6. Check your premise, parrot.

I could say exactly the same thing to you. Your assertion that believing that certain things are important equates one to a Nazi is false, and laughably obtuse.

Posted by: demo kid on July 1, 2011 12:24 PM

Except of course when it's convenient for a liberal to trot it out, eh?

I guess you've forgotten the liberal accusations/talking points when Obamacare was shoved down our throats, eh?

I guess you've forgotten the liberal accusations/talking points against a previous president.

I guess you've forgotten the liberal accusations/talking points against a governor of a certain state.

I guess you've forgotten that a DEMOCRAT senator called US troops Nazi's.

I guess you've forgotten that another DEMOCRAT senator calls US servicemen terrorists.

I love the way you proudly preen in your own hypocrisy.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on July 1, 2011 02:42 PM
8. Again, I'll ask... if, as suggested by your use of the quote above, thinking full employment or support of the elderly is "Nazism", and you've essentially said that you believe that things like that are important, aren't you saying that you're a Nazi?

Posted by: demo kid on July 1, 2011 09:36 PM
9. I don't 'think' anything.

It;s From the political program of the Nazi Party, adopted in Munich, February 24, 1920

Now let's discuss how this MATCHES the party line of your liberalism:

-->Nationalization of business: GENERAL MOTORS

-->abolition of all income not earned directly from work: TAX THE RICH, HIGH CAPITAL GAINS/INHERITANCE TAXES

-->the state shall provide a "livelihood for its citizens": PUBLIC SERVICE UNIONS, INCREASED NUMBERS OF GOVERNMENT SERVICE WORKERS/HIGH PRIVATE UNEMPLOYMENT

-->We demand a broad extension of care for the aged: OBAMACARE

-->The government must provide an all-around enlargement of our entire system of public education: 'PUBLIC SERVICE' UNIONS FIGHTING VOUCHERS AND CHARTERS

-->The activities of the individual must not be allowed to clash with the interests of the community, but must take place within its confines and be for the good of all: 'SHARED SACRIFICE', 'SPREAD THE WEALTH'

The left wing parties of TODAY condemn individual achievement at every turn. Their aim is to remove every reason for individuals to excel in this society, and to create a class of dependent people subservient to the almighty state. They justify economic oppression in the name of "social justice" or the promoting "common good." Much like the Nazis, they support extreme infringements on personal liberties. Like the Nazis, they favor MASSIVE taxation, massive regulation, and often support government takeover of entire industries.

The modern left and the left of Hitler's day are in agreement on the need to drastically curtail economic liberty and discourage individual achievement. They both support centralized planning and large infringements on economic liberty. The average American will work 25 YEARS of his life for the STATE. The modern left justifies (and tries to EXPAND) this type of slavery.

"We are socialists, we are enemies of today's capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions." --Adolf Hitler (Speech of May 1, 1927. Quoted by Toland, 1976, p. 306)

Squawk, squawk demo-parrot.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on July 1, 2011 11:09 PM
10. So, we've been having this conversation for about 60 hours now.

From the quote, you've extolled, touted and danced with glee over full employment, the care for the elderly, educational benefits, opportunity for the poor, the protection of children, children's health and obligation TO the community.

Hmm, the one little ugly FACT you forgot to mention from this utopian society you clearly admire and whose virtues you sing... that the Nazis murdered from 15,003,000 to 31,595,000 people, most likely 20,946,000 men, women, handicapped, aged, sick, prisoners of war, forced laborers, camp inmates, critics, homosexuals, Jews, Slavs, Serbs, Germans, Czechs, Italians, Poles, French, Ukrainians, and many others. Among them 1,000,000 were children under eighteen years of age. And none of these monstrous figures even include civilian and military combat or war-deaths.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten the leaders of this utopian society you clearly admire and whose virtues you sing were "were absolute racists".

You are clearly willing to over look heinous behavior for your belief in/desire for a 'great society'. And it's no different than the fact that you are willing to overlook the murder of 53,310,843 children, including 13 MILLION black children, since 1973 for your vague feel-good idea of 'choice'.

It's past the time to look yourself in the eye and ask what you are willing to defend, WHO you are willing to sacrifice for your idea of utopia and 'the greater good' pablum you serve up.

Learn a lesson here kid; Facts should INFORM your beliefs, rather than, as you liberals are wont to do and YOU particularly do so well, have your beliefs dictate your choice of facts.

Squawk, squawk, demo-parrot.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on July 2, 2011 10:12 AM
11. Hmm, the one little ugly FACT you forgot to mention from this utopian society you clearly admire and whose virtues you sing

My argument -- which you haven't been able to refute, by the way -- is that the quote that you've put up there could apply to any reasonable person. Do you actually think that anyone would be AGAINST care for the elderly? A few minor tweaks to the quote above, and you can get ANY political platform for ANY party in the world.

But to compare people that enact policies that you simply don't like with a political movement that was responsible for genocide? That just goes beyond all good taste. I'm so sorry that someone thinks that teachers and firefighters should actually make a good living, but to compare them to gassing the Jews? Seriously?

I mean, I have to ask: are you mentally ill?

Posted by: demo kid on July 3, 2011 11:38 AM
12. Nice try. It's not a comparison it's an actual quote. I made no commentary on it whatsoever.
I merely asked from whom/where it came.

YOU jumped in with your back up.
YOU subscribed it to a particular ideology.
YOU made the comparison then attempted to defend the message.
YOU then attempted to criticize me for your assumption. Glaringly that says more about your beliefs than mine.

Certainly you do recognize the 'crazy person on the street corner' as the knee jerk dupe in your mirror.

People in the middle? The mushy can't make up their minds and stand for nothing 'independents'? What do you imagine you are "independent" from?

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on July 3, 2011 02:21 PM
13. YOU subscribed it to a particular ideology.

No, I'm sorry... what did you say right at the top?

Can you guess who came up with this marvelous, well-meaning program?

I'm done debating a lying mental patient that simply spews out talking points without doing any critical thinking. And yes, the fact that you just post links to random conservative websites instead of actually making your own points means that you're far more of a "parrot" here.

See ya. Have fun with your victim mentality.

Posted by: demo kid on July 3, 2011 10:51 PM
14. Excuse me. How the hell can you LOGICALLY say that my "Can you guess who came up with this marvelous, well-meaning program?" in ANY way subscribes it to anything?

No, my little parrot, you made an ASSumption based on what you think you know about me.

"Can you guess who came up with this marvelous, well-meaning program?" are simple innocuous words.

YOU saw who posted it and (with typical knee-jerk) made a false determination of the intent.

The problem is YOU see every single thought, comment or question by a conservative as some kind of attack on your failed ideology.

Let's face a FACT here, little boy...
I lined the primrose path with an innocuous question.
YOU took the bait.
YOU ran headfirst down that path - RIGHT into a brick wall of your own making.

And now, as you and liberals are wont to do, YOU resort to invective, cowardice and assigning traits to those with whom they disagree that they see in themselves.

I really enjoy the laughs YOU witlessly provide for me. Thanks!

Squawk, squawk, demo-parrot.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on July 4, 2011 12:12 PM
15. So I'm done. Rant and spew bile all you like. Compare progressives to Nazis or Stalin or Pol Pot or whomever. Be that crazy person yelling on the street corner about conspiracies. -Posted by demo kid at July 3, 2011 11:38 AM

I'm done debating a lying mental patient that simply spews out talking points without doing any critical thinking. - Posted by demo kid at July 3, 2011 10:51 PM

And truly, I love your self-restraint.

Posted by: RagnarDanneskold on July 4, 2011 12:16 PM
16. >> Do you actually think that anyone would be AGAINST care for the elderly?

Yo.

But, let's make sure we clarify that. Am I against the elderly getting treatment and care? No.

Am I against being forced (either via tax or otherwise# to care for people I don't know and I don't care about? Yes.

Am I against charity for the elderly? No.

Am I against forced charity for the elderly? Yes.

Am I against personally caring for my aging parents and/or other loved ones? No.

Am I against personally caring about YOUR aging parents and/or other loves ones. YES.

Why? Because they are NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY. I did not elect to care for them, and they are not my problem. If you believe otherwise, then by all means - I will be happy to point you towards many #often religious# charitable institutions that will serve that goal. But it is NOT MY JOB, nor your job, to "care for the elderly." That's their own job, or the job of anyone that consents to doing so.

>> But to compare people that enact policies that you simply don't like with a political movement that was responsible for genocide? That just goes beyond all good taste.

You know, I'm curious. Why do liberals hate being compared to nazis? It can't be the genocide thing. I mean, they're all FOR that.

Agree or disagree: From a progressive standpoint, it was a mistake to get involved in another culture/nation's lifestyle and beliefs back during WWII. We should have just totally let those nice, peaceful, tolerant, beautifully-cultured Germans just, y'know, do what they felt was right. But thank god we learned from our mistakes and aren't butting in now that Palestine is trying the exact same thing. We can actually pat ourselves on the back these days, y'know, for helping them. Isn't it wonderful to be part of the generation that's helping the Muslims do what the Nazi's were prevented from doing?

>> I'm so sorry that someone thinks that teachers and firefighters should actually make a good living

Define "good living."

Because I'll come out right here and now and say that "teachers and firefighters" should be paid NO MORE than the value of the work they perform.

And I'll tell you a little secret, DK, any idiot can be a teacher. #As for the firefighters, well, maybe that takes a little more physical ability - but any joker can point a hose.#

What you don't understand, DK, is that the value of what they do ISN'T WORTH MUCH. It's harsh to say, and an even harsher reality to face - but it's a fact. What they do isn't particularly valuable - in an economic sense.

So, the question remains: why should they #or anyone# get paid more than what they're worth? This is, in fact, why you see SO many American companies outsourcing these days. Because they KNOW that the regulations jackbooted on their necks aren't worth the "benefit" of doing business in America. So, they go elsewhere, where they can find fair market value for the work they need done.

It's Economics 101 man. Why pay for something that isn't worth its cost?

>> I, for one, will be doing my part to try to show the people in the middle that folks like you are crazy, and shouldn't be let anywhere close to power in this country.

And even at this you fail. Instead, you reveal yourself as nothing more than ignorant of... well, pretty much everything. You basically cry "Godwin's Law!" and hope that it'll somehow validate your position.

It doesn't.

But you KNOW that it doesn't, hence why you coward away from substantiating anything you have to say. It's actually got a little nested argumentum ad populum in there too - because that's what you're relying on to base your position. Common sentiment.

Problem with that is, you're appealing to a "common sentiment" that is wrong. Not that you care, mind you - because you are clearly of the position #both ideologically and practically, I imagine# that "might makes right."

Question is: can you rely on that tactic when a heavyweight like myself comes into the ring to slap you around?

Posted by: AT on July 4, 2011 12:48 PM