March 06, 2009
Dear President Obama: In case you're wondering what The Marine Corps thinks of you... and what they thought of Dubya...

Here's a couple of minutes that should make it clear where you stand, Mr. President.

Posted by Hinton at March 06, 2009 02:54 PM | Email This
Comments
1. Video as a link

Posted by: Shanghai Dan on March 6, 2009 04:07 PM
2. Most of my fellow marines loathe this pretender of a president. He is POTUS (Pretender of the United States). Oh we'll do our duty and not reenlist. We are volunteer warriors, a professional fighting force that has options other than the abuse this new gang of Marxists has heaped upon us.

Posted by: ThisMarine on March 6, 2009 11:53 PM
3. Interesting comment "ThisMarine" - you take an oath to defend your country. Your fellow citizens elect a new president. You don't like their choice so you chose to cut and run.

The Marines will be better off without you.

Posted by: BA on March 8, 2009 07:52 PM
4. @2: You're a pathetic disgrace. So much for the honor of the Marine Corps.

Posted by: demo kid on March 9, 2009 11:53 PM
5. Trolls, sounds like #2 is going to do his duty and then retire. Mad because thousands like him are not going to reenlist?

You'll get your "draft" alright.

#2 will change his tune once Obama proves something to him. Throughout history, the American soldier has always questioned, "why". It is up to the Commander to prove he is up to the challenge. Bush passed that bar; Obama has yet to do it.

To be honest, I got an honorable discharge from the service, but I had a hard time biting my lip with "lousy" officers. For me, the officers had to earn my respect. I still followed orders but I never was loyal to the "lousy" officers that would be fragged if they were in 'Nam. Bush has/had the respect of 95 or more percent of the enlisted.

Obama's should be about 50%.

I have two nephews today that are thinking of enlisting. I tell them no, but their dad asks, "so what will Obama do to affect them if they are in support services?" So, they may go in.

Posted by: swatter on March 10, 2009 07:36 AM
6. Lord, I miss that man. What a man he is! Don't mean Barry.

Posted by: pbird on March 10, 2009 08:24 AM
7. @5: Bush passed that bar; Obama has yet to do it.

Bush did nothing to earn that. I'm entirely amused that you have that opinion when Bush grossly mismanaged the war. Only a fool would see that and believe that the fool thinks of the troops as anything more than a prop.

Posted by: demo kid on March 10, 2009 09:31 PM