...I thought I'd make you wet your pants and put the fear of God in you with a simple quotation of the 10 planks of Karl Marx's, The Communist Manifesto (courtesy of www.marxists.org):
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents
of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means
of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport
in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by
the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and
the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of
industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries;
gradual abolition of the distinction between town and
country, by a more equable distribution of the population
over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools.
Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form.
Combination of education with industrial production, &c., &c.
And here's the 2001 Chicago public radio interview bit with Obama again:
You may now go and change your pants.
Cross-posted at Artful Politics.Posted by Cydney at October 30, 2008 11:43 PM | Email This