October 19, 2012
Welcome David Boze
KTTH 770 - TheTruth has announced that David Boze will take the helm next January of the morning 6AM to 9AM drive time show replacing national talk show host Glen Beck. Boze currently has limited airtime with an hour-long afternoon show on KTTH plus fill-in spots on sister station KIRO FM and for Michael Medved nationally. He is an experienced local talent with a lively and entertaining personality that has been underutilized for too long. It puts him head to head with well-known talker John Carlson who recently moved to the early morning drive slot on KVI 570. Having returned to its former conservative talk format, KVI joins KTTH and KLFE - Freedom 1590 on the right side of political radio; not bad for a bright blue city in a blue state.
Posted by warrenpeterson at October 19, 2012
05:45 PM | Email This
You are right about David Boze - he is a bRIGHT lad with a a bRIGHT future, but I hate seeing him up against John. Maybe its a generational thing, but John, Kirby, Rush and Michael Medved on KVI got me into Republican politics, so my listening loyalty is probably always with them.
You are dead wrong, however, about "a bright blue city in a blue state". Seattle is a giant blue sink hole in a red state.
2. So, Glenn Beck has been thrown under the bus by KTTH.
3. Would you rather pay the fee for Boze or Beck? Pretty simple to see that it was a financial move.
4. Boze is great, best wishes to his new show. I see the old KIRO FM dumped it's morning drive host in favor of John Curley. Could Dave Ross be next? One can only hope. They tried to soften his three hour liberal whine fest with Burbank..it hasn't worked.
5. As a remote listener to KTTH (Seaside, Oregon)I have to congratulate Mr. Boze!
I really think Beck has jumped the shark. There are still lucid times but I don't listen to Beck on way in.
Who's Carlson? Is he the talker who denigrated conservatism by 'blending' in with Schrambo? Or, is he the one who said he wasn't going to run for governor on Tuesday and then on Wednesday, he sealed the deal against a Republican governor like Foreman?
Hope Boze does well.
7. Good point. Carlson is OK on the radio and has become better over the years. However, he should never run for public office again. His run for Gov. was lightweight, like another checked-pants Republican - that is a perennial loser in this seasick blue state.
8. Best of luck, David. Beck I will miss. The two cackling nitwits with him need to get a job with an overnight show. They would surely keep the truckers awake.
9. YAY! Congrats Dave! So happy I will listen to the station again in the morning.
10. YAY! Congrats Dave! So happy I will listen to the station again in the morning.
11. David Boze having a longer show - good. Another local show - good. Putting it opposite another strong local show - stupid, and worse - wasteful.
12. Congrats, David! So glad you have a longer show. Always enjoy listening!