June 13, 2012
So much for "safe, legal and rare"
Joel Connelly has a follow-up to his earlier dispatch about Darcy Burner at Nutroots Nation. Burner:
"If you are a woman in this room, and statistically this is true for about one third of the women in this room, if you're a woman in this room who has had an abortion and is willing to come out about it, PLEASE STAND UP," Burner said in a voice that could open a wall safe.
A moment later, as some women in the Providence, R.I., Netroots Nation audience rose, Burner doubled down with a second message: Give 'em a cheer.
"Now, if you are willing to stand with every woman who is willing to come out about having had an abortion, please stand up," she told Netroots Nation. The result was a loud ovation with a few staying seated with quiet misgivings.
Ironically, there might have been even more women in the audience cheering Darcy on, but for the "Roe effect
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at June 13, 2012
02:12 PM | Email This
1. Ironically, there would certainly be less women in the room if they had been forced into back alleys instead of having the ability to seek out safe medical help when they needed it.
2. Then there's the "Darcy Effect" wherein normal Democrats who hear Darcy's shrill Nutroots screams and learn about her self-inflated resume become less likely to vote Democrat.
3. Ha ha! "Noted economist" Darcy Burner sharing the podium with Fauxcahontas. Both complete phoneys.
4. Oh, come off it, Lionel! There is no irony here. You know full well that the whole point to this and most any discussion of abortion is that conservatives do not feel the taxpayers should pay for it. Women have not had to have abortions in back alleys for probably more years than you or I can remember. They just don't like paying for them on their own!
Gee. Burnout needs to run for Congress...
... in Rhode Island.
Yep. Having had an abortion is sure something to be proud of. I wonder if Darcy has any problem with the apparently increasing popularity of GENDER-SELECTION abortion?
There's no limit to the depravity and evil of the left. Oops...was that out loud?
7. The pro-borts of today will be looked upon in history much like we, today, look upon those who favored slavery back in the 1800's. We can only hope that they too will evolve one day.
Leaving aside where I stand on abortion .. a stance that might surprise some here .. I did find Darcy's math more than a bit bizarre.
There is no way that 30% of all women have has an abortion. This was NOT a smart thing to say.
Amen to comments #6 and #7. Infanticide has no place in a civilized society. For the sake of humanity stop running like dogs* and control your hormone-driven lusts or take advantage of all the free birth control out there.
*Dogs run free...why can't we?
Why shouldn't the NutKooks be proud of their baby-killing prowess? They could post a body count!
(Baby-killing is Darwinism in action ... I feel sorry for the babies but it is probably best for society as a whole.)
This hatefull and hate filled hypocrisy, this degenerate disgusting opinion of life, this celebration of a total lack of morality and values is what you get when you are a sop to pro-bort money.
I wonder how you look at yorselves in the mirror.
I wonder how you look to you children.... the ones not aborted... if there are any.
Yes, you pro-borts disgust me.
12. Is There a Woman's Right to Be Born?
... In order to camouflage this stark, staring reality from the view of civilized, sentient beings made in the image of God, advocates fudge abortion's homicidal nature by emphasizing instead that it's first and foremost a solution to a problem.
... No argument for the abortion license has been more inflexible than that a woman's choice to terminate her unwanted child must remain shielded from all evaluation whatsoever.
Abortion proponents view a woman's "choice" as extending beyond herself even to disposal of the life of a born child who has survived a botched abortion. Obviously, a live infant can't be discounted any longer as just part of "a woman's body," nor be blamed, post partum, for being a threat to her life in childbirth. None of that matters. No circumstance can be allowed to nullify the woman's decree that the child be unmade.
The pro-abortion left isn't going to be able to straddle contradictory public positions that the government must be allowed to decide what constitutes a legitimate reason for a woman to be terminated from her job, but can't be allowed to decide what constitutes a legitimate reason for an (unborn) woman to be terminated from her existence.
Go ask your mommy why YOU weren't aborted - maybe you'll get a clue as to what to answer when your lucky abortion lottery child asks you proud and loud proborts the same question.
I'm glad I never have to be in your shoes.
Yes, you pro-borts disgust me.
That is not what Stephan said, nor what the comments said. Plus, Federal funds cannot be spent on abortion, so it is not an issue.
14. Plus, Federal funds cannot be spent on abortion, so it is not an issue.
Really? You're sticking with that obvious LIE.
Planned Parenthood receives over 350 MILLION tax dollars EVERY YEAR. They do NOT set that money aside for mammograms they do not provide nor for anything else: they lump it into one great big budget of which includes their worst product: ABORTION.
Self deception is an ugly thing to behold, eh Lionel?
I bet you believe your Social Security is in a "lock box" too...
15. your obvious unsupported lies disgust me.
16. I agree, victoria, that #13 is definitely lying when he states that "Federal funds cannot be spent on abortion." #14 is correct regarding federal funding and Planned Parenthood.
17. It's quite apparent that "Lionel" is extremely misinformed, or lying. But, then again, doesn't that explain the Democrat party in general these days?
18. Darcy is an embarrassment to women, to humanity, to voters, to children, to the State of Washington. And in my opinion, the biggest embarrassment is to herself.
19. Little Darcy craves the spotlight. She may never win an election, but every couple of years she will toss her dunce's cap into the ring and run again.