June 01, 2012
Free Cory Booker!
As you probably have heard,
the Newark mayor will be
speaking here this weekend.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if he could say what he thinks? (If I were a little
younger, I might consider marching around with a Free Cory Booker sign, while he is
It occurs to me, by the way, that he might make a good Cabinet head — in a
Republican administration. And I definitely think that Reince Priebus and
Karl Rove should be working hard to win him over to the Republican party.
Posted by Jim Miller at June 01, 2012
09:41 AM | Email This
Talk about delusional.
" ... has been serving as the 36th Mayor of Newark, New Jersey since 2006. "
Wow, that many mayors in six years?
3. Jim, When and where is he speaking?
WA state convention center tonight, June 1st from 6:30pm-8:30pm according to the Democrat party of Washington website.
I won't be attending, I have better things to do.
5. He has to be the counter and check-and-balance to the governor, doncha know. :)
Talk about delusional.
Good for you, Mikey B.S. The first step towards fixing a problem is admitting you have one.
7. Maybe Arthur Davis can convince him to join the good guys.
8. I understand Mayor Booker and Gov. Christie get along very well and support each other in their common goal to get NJ to function better, instead of being DYSfunctional.
Michele- Have you watched the "seinfeld" parody they did together? This link
to a NJ story about it also has the video imbedded in it if you want to check it out. Good stuff!
"Wouldn't it be wonderful if he could say what he thinks?
Lt. Gov. candidate Glenn Anderson barred from speaking at GOP convention
The GOP's state committee voted this week to bar Anderson from speaking along with all the rest of the statewide candidates at the ongoing state Republican convention in Tacoma.
Jim Miller, you are going to get on this real story and march around Tacoma with a Free Glenn Anderson sign, while he is NOT speaking, right?
Glenn Anderson's statement included the fatal lib buzzword "inclusive".
A Republican wanting to be bipartison, when Dems/libs/socialists have no intentions on compromising.
Our objective is to beat liberals, not be inclusive.
Get lost, Anderson..
Oh, you too, M BS.
@11 Hank on June 1, 2012 05:00 PM,
"A Republican wanting to be bipartison"
Absolutely! What next? A Republican who is literate?
Republicans for Amercia!
13. Is there a cost to attend? Is it open to anyone? Could be interesting. Maybe I'll go.
"On Sunday morning Newark, NJ Mayor Cory Booker, a Democrat who was speaking as a surrogate for the Obama campaign, said he was "very uncomfortable" with the attacks on Mitt Romney for his time at Bain Capital. It sounded like an honest assessment. He even called it "nauseating."
I could see voting for Democrats like Booker, but the problem is that honest Democrats are a very scarce commodity and I can't name another except for Artur Davis who just changed his party affiliation to GOP.
The Obama Administration and Democratic party leadership (I.e. Pelosi, Schumer, Reid, Durban, Shelia Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, John Conyers and the list goes on...) has given the Democratic party a black eye that won't go away until after these jackals get out of politics.
16. I have met Glenn Anderson and he is a nice guy. It's unfortunate that he chose not to identify himself as a Republican, choosing instead "Republican Independent" or something. If he wanted to be a member of the party and speak at the convention, he should not be afraid of calling himself a member.
And what did Cory Booker, Jim Miller's candidate as a good Cabinet head -- in a Republican administration, say when he spoke
in Seattle last night?
Booker listed President Obama's accomplishments (DADT, health care reform, the Lilly Ledbetter Act, job creation) in a fiery call-and-response that had the crowd on their feet. People were shouting for President Obama, but they were clamoring for him, too. "Hope is Barack Obama," Booker said, and "Change is..." he paused and in the silence someone in the audience shouted "Cory Booker!" "Change is us," Booker said. "l'll tell you why I'm a Democrat," he said. "Because this is the party that understands that we the people aren't done yet. We can't be conservative because there's nothing to conserve yet. There's work to do in America."
Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, Cory Booker is free at last!
No wonder the Freedom Foundation and Jim Miller have such a great and unrequited love for Cory Booker.
Cory Booker certainly was much more inspiring and reportable as the WA State Democratic Convention keynote speaker than whoever it was that performed the same role down in Tacoma for the Republicans.
18. Silly Boy Scout! That's not what Booker really thinks! What he really thinks is what Jim Miller thinks. Anything else is just Obama mind control.
Considering the audience, it is no surprise what Booker said. He has potential down the road, if Bill Clinton is able to have the Dems change direction. However, the leadership of the Democratic Party right now is infected with vermin, deceit and are collective used car salesman with a president who is an incompetent ideological radical and dislikes much of what traditional America stands for.
Have it your way. Obama mind control is for Obama-zombies. To the rest of us, it is hapless bulls**t and propaganda. Those who buy into need to pull their heads out of their orifice.
@19 KDS on June 2, 2012 09:58 AM,
"Considering the audience, it is no surprise what Booker said.
Really? You are not surprised that the Democratic Mayor of Newark, NJ who was invited to speak as the keynote speaker at the Washington State Democratic Party convention to raise money for the Washington State Democratic Party spoke positively of Democratic policy and government and endorsed Jay Inslee for the office of Governor of Washington?
And up @15 you said you'd vote for Democrats like Booker.
Hmmm. You'd better be careful KDS or Attila is going to call you out as a crypto-marxist statist.
21. It was no surprise because Booker is loyal, in this case to the Democratic party. I don't agree with him on a number of things like that, but like his character.
22. yeah. We can tell how "inclusive" the leftist slime are based on how they've hammered Kastama.
23. If you've ever been to the Sh&thole called Newark, NJ, You'd realize why the Mayor of said Sh&thole is not really that impressive.