April 22, 2012
"If I wanted America to fail"
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at April 22, 2012
08:25 PM | Email This
Thanks for posting Stefan.
Let's every one double down on the grassroots efforts to oust the Leftists who are failing our country.
Out with Obama in November.
4. "If I wanted America to fail, I'd start calling evil good, and good evil."
Btw, if you want to help keep Washington state from failing, you should know that here in the 45th District leftist democrat Roger Goodman is being challenged by the very capable and intelligent Republican Joel Hussey for state House of Representatives.
Joel is the kind of solid, fiscally responsible, honest individual you wish there were more of in Olympia. Great family man, business owner and experienced leader who's interested in representing the people, not the special interests.
So if you live in Redmond, Woodinville, Sammamish, Duvall or Kirkland (or know someone who does), go to joelhussey.com to learn more about him, donate and/or volunteer. Let's turn this seat republican, people!
6. A great piece, and the Liberals can live with what his complet liberal Left are doing.
7. Perhaps because the poll was interpreted badly?
For example, the question:
"Which party is more in favor of reducing the size and scope of government"
is assuming the answer "Republican party" is correct. Clearly, according to past history, its wrong. Republican presidents are responsible for over 65% of our current national debt. Republican presidents like GW Bush dramatically GREW the federal government and ranks of federal employees. So, perhaps Democrats answering the poll just know how to separate facts, from Fox/GOP/talk radio lies and distortions?
8. And if I wanted America to succeed, I suppose I'd encourage Americans to feel good about using as much non-renewable energy as possible, send more money to oil-rich regimes that hate us, deny and mock established science that hurts the interests of big Republican donors, further deregulate the financial sector, and go back to the heady days of 2008. Now there's a vision to run on.
9. Bruce, I'm curious. Do you agree with the President that gas and energy prices should be high in order to force us into a "green" economy".
You Leftists want to blow up dams here in the PNW, the ultimate renewable energy source.
And you Leftists don't want the XL pipeline to bring oil to the US right from Canada, instead of OPEC.
And you Leftists advanced unsound science for the sake of grant money and your hysteria monger Al Gore predicted ridiculous 20 foot sea level rise. This only served to undermine the credibility of any serious science and is even hurting conservation.
And you Leftists have not only over regulated, but gone so far as to play favorites with certain banks like B of A. Thus assuring that the financial sector remains propped up with toxic debt.
And lastly, it was Leftists like you that created the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage debacle by extending loans to those who could never afford to repay them, all in the name of diversity and equality. And while doing so, gave many sweetheart loans to Democrats through failed Leftist bank Countrywide.
So this is your vision, and it has been the legacy of the last four years. So it doesn't appear that you want the US to succeed.
11. Wish granted.
Bruce @8: let me help you out
And if I wanted America to succeed, I suppose I'd encourage Americans to feel good about using as much non-renewable energy as possible they need, as long as it's more economical than renewable energy (which for the foreseeable future it is), lift irresponsible restrictions on production of domestic energy so we didn't have to send more money to oil-rich regimes that hate us, deny and mock agenda-driven junk science that is presented as established science that and which hurts the interests of big Republican donors Americans of all walks of life, further deregulaterepeal anti-consumer restraints on the financial sector, and go back to move beyond the misguided policies and divisive tactics of Barack Obama from the heady days of his 2008 campaign until the present. Now there's a vision to run on.
13. If I wanted America to fail, I'd tell them to build windfarms, and then force them to pay not to use them.
14. If I wanted America to fail I'd continue to appropriate $billions$ to failed (or about to fail) green energy companies owned by Dimocrat Party contributors and bundlers, all the while making certain that much of the public's squandered investment was channeled into the Obongo reelection campaign.
15. If I wanted America to fail, I'd continue to pit Americans against each other with class warfare rhetoric like 1% and 99% and encourage youthful angst to focus on occupying instead of occupations.
16. Bruce @8: Let me add that if I wanted America to succeed I'd advocate for making it easier for all parents to send their children to a school of their choice.
17. If I wanted America to fail I'd direct the Justice Department to purchase thousands of military-style weapons and sell them to Mexican drug cartels in a twisted, unlawful effort to deprive law-abiding American citizens of their constitutional right to own firearms.
Hope for our future!
Read what our youth are saying!
If I wanted America to fail, I'd say stupid crap like Jay Carney said today about Keystone: "It would be preemptively sacrificing American sovereignty"
I guess the Canadians would use it as a Trojan Horse and sneak an army through the pipe. Brilliant!
"It would be preemptively sacrificing American sovereignty"
Uh yea, kind of like forbidding more drilling and having to rely more on foreign oil, while giving taxpayer money to south American countries so they can....drill for oil. Whaaaaa...?
Michele, exactly. And all the while begging the Saudis to pump more so that it can be transported via tankers across the ocean while rejecting oil via a pipeline from Canada.
What must life be like to be a liberal? Must be hard.
22. If I wanted America to fail I'd build a GOP hierarchy that backed candidates who bought into as much of this agenda as possible, while hindering true conservative candidates. (I'm not just talking about Obomney, but about the consistent policy of both the state and national GOP.)
JeffB@10 invents, "And you Leftists have not only over regulated, but gone so far as to play favorites with certain banks like B of A. Thus assuring that the financial sector remains propped up with toxic debt."
The B of A bailout was led by that famous Leftist George W. Bush. Other Leftists, such as I, opposed it.
24. I think what I meant to say @16 was that if i wanted America to fail I would send my own kids to private school while insisting that public school was good enough for other people's children.
I would fly in one jumbo jet (all to myself) to a vacation spot, while my wife flew in another, a few hours apart, going to the same destination, and then tell the little people to stop using so much gasoline.
26. ....#25: and telling the people they can't heat their homes "to 72 degrees year round" (while heating mine so hot "you could grow orchids in there!").
#26. Michele, yes. And then saying that people "can't go to Vegas on the government's dime"... unless it's Michelle and the girls.
If I wanted America to Fail....I would refuse to close and fence our southern boundary in order to allow millions of illegal immigrants to cross our border and demand access to government "entitlement" programs, creating yet another class of "victims" for taxpayers to feed, clothe, house and provide medical care to.
12-15 million "undocumented Dimocrats"....and growing daily.
29. Keep 'em coming folks, we've touched but the tip of the Obongo iceberg of destruction.
30. If I wanted America to fail, I'd tell my closet ally, who went to war with us after 9/11, to go to hell when it comes to the Falkland Islands.
31. If I wanted America to fail I'd force Chrysler and GM bondholders to accept pennies on the dollar for their holdings so I could hand control of both companies over to the United Autoworkers.
32. If I wanted America to fail, I'd vote for Barack Obama so all these failing ideas could be put in force (can you IMAGINE if these really happened??? Thank goodness they haven't....what??? they have?).
...sorry, that must've been a dream, I mean a nightmare. I'm awake now...
If I wanted the country to fail, I'd shrink the private sector and massively grow the public sector (I might even use something called "Obamacare" to grow that public sector). And while American families were cutting back their lifestyles to adjust to "the new normal", I'd throw gasoline on that fire with record-shattering trllion-dollar-a-year national debt.
34. If I wanted America to fail, I'd attempt to right an economic recession not by enacting historically proven measures to envigorate the nation's private business sector, but instead by pumping a wasteful $850B "Swindle-Us" package into state city and county governments, public schools and every imaginable giveaway program in an attempt to placate/reward political groups and constitutents that voted heavily in favor of Dimocrats.
36. If I wanted America to fail I'd stimulate the economy with lots and lots of unemployment checks. The more unemployed there are, the more stimulative it is. (Hey, I didn't make it up. Pelosi did.) Oh, yeah... food stamps are also stimulative. (You have no idea has hard is to type that out loud, and yet to Democrats, it just makes perfect sense.)
FA's twitter account was suspended shortly this evening while this video went viral. Immediate pressure from the conservative twittersphere got it back online.
Apparently it struck a nerve with someone.
38. ...#34: and I'd do it all while claiming that unemployment would not zoom past 8% if I dolled out these favors, I mean, tax dollars to "worthy" causes. I know it sounds crazy to think people would buy into this leftist-think-tank-created idea, but it wouldn't stop me from trying....if I wanted the country to fail.
If I wanted America to fail, I would convince a generation that America owes them something beyond liberty. I'd convince them that America owes them free college educations, food stamps, cell phones, car insurance and housing...I'd convince them that anyone who didn't recognize that they were entitled to all those things, even though they didn't earn them, was the real problem.
And if I wanted America to fail, I'd be sure to not teach those same people any real world work skills in schools...instead educating them all in the ideal that they all deserved to be intellectuals and that if any real work needed to be done...you could easily hire illegal immigrants to do the hard work...
If I wanted the country to fail, I would align my political party's actions to suspiciously resemble the Communist Party USA's agenda; and my supporters would even affirm me by waving the Hammer & Sickle flag in front of the Whitehouse to celebrate my election.
41. ..and if I wanted the country to fail, I would definitely begin to erase the long-held American tradition of religious freedom.
43. If I wanted America to fail, I'd offer to amend the Constitution so that Congress can regulate all political speech. (Pelosi again)
If I wanted America to fail, Obama would be reelected and to cap it off, the Dems would regain control of the House and neo-Marxist narcissistic moonbats would be back in control.
Obama, the anti-colonialist would be an adequate replacement for Mugabe in Zimbabwe or the new leader in the Congo, but this place is way over his head.
If I wanted America to fail, the Federal Government would remain large and corrupt, no matter which party is in control. The Federal Government must be downsized starting soon, which will be on the road to self-sufficiency, per Rep. Ryan's roadmap to recovery.
If I wanted to America to fail, the power of the main(lame) stream media would continue to be a big influence and the media pukes would be relevant in being able to sway elections for their big government progressive neo-com candidates. The alternate media will continue to grow and more and more people will be tuned in to the corruption and blatant dishonesty in news reporting by AP, the NY Times, CBS, ABC, CNN and especially NBC/MSNBC news outlets. Eventually, the corruption of the media will be rooted out in scandals and their house of cards will fall.
45. ...and if I wanted the country to fail, I'd consider the U.S. Constitution a flawed document; and I'd prefer supreme court justices who would not even consider it to be a good template for other countries to use.
46. If I wanted the country to fail I'd have my Justice Department announce that US civil rights laws do not apply to white people and allow a black racist thug group to intimidate white voters in Philadelphia. I'd also pump millions of federal dollars into corrupt racist groups like ACORN to promote prostitution and other illegal activity.
This video is disgusting. Not for the bunch of twisted half-facts, which are, sadly, typical of attack ads by both parties. But it's disgusting for its implication that liberals want America to fail. Sure, it doesn't say
liberals want America to fail, just that if someone did
, they'd do what liberals do. But the implication is obvious and entirely baseless. I'm sure liberals are guilty of the same behavior on occasion, but in general, they haven't accused even their greatest targets -- Bush Jr, Cheney, Santorum, etc. -- of wanting America to fail. I certainly haven't.
Sadly, such disgusting behavior has become common from the right. It surely wins some votes; hopefully it will lose more than it wins. But in any case, it's disgusting.
Did you condemn Occupy
Sadly, such disgusting behavior has become common from the LEFT. It surely wins some votes; hopefully it will lose more than it wins. But in any case, it's disgusting.
I am sick to death of sanctimonious hypocrisy which appears to be the hallmark of you lefties.
Bruce, one of the things in the video was making cheap energy expensive. Obama promised to do just that when he ran in 2008. Did/do you agree with that policy? I asked earlier also. Thanks.
And oh, Obama called Bush Jr. "unpatriotic", so...? I know Bush Jr. never said the same of Obama.
52. 305,000 views and rising....
53. Bruce, re #45, Obama has said he considers the Constitution not quite right just yet. It's missing some things, apparently. And Ruth Bader Ginsburg has said she doesn't think the US Constituion is a good document for other countries to use as a template. It's flawed, too, in her mind. The truth hurts, sometimes.
..not to mention the truth of the other items actually happening.
But let's say NO liberals want the country to fail. Ever. The video did not say they did, after all.
But the point of the video is that too many of their ideas are so hare-brained that they DO contribute to this country being less-than. and if you wanted to hurt the country, you'd actually try to do many of the same things. Just sit and ponder that.
Sadly, such disgusting behavior has become common from the right. It surely wins some votes; hopefully it will lose more than it wins. But in any case, it's disgusting.
Posted by Bruce at April 24, 2012 10:48 AM
Specifically, what are the half facts that you are referring to ? Is that innuendo all you have to offer ? Bush/Cheney were not helpful and led to the current situation, but they are no longer in power - your guy - BO is and his policies are facilitating the failure of America ! It is now morphing into a welfare state in case you hadn't noticed.
The left are masters of propaganda, having studied the likes of Alinsky, Goebbels - you are the pot calling the kettle black ! You want to see disgusting - look at the re-elect Obama campaign - or are you too willfully ignorant, partisan and obtuse to admit this salient fact ?
56. KDS, we make a mistake when we warn liberals that we're becoming a welfare state. To them, that's a positive, not a negative. So, yes I'm quite sure Bruce has noticed that it's morphing into a welfare state, and that's exactly why he will vote for Obama again. They have basically given up taking care of themselves, so they certainly can't take care of anybody else, hence the need for mommy government to do it all for them.
57. Everything you leftists try to shove down this country's throat is harmful and evil Bruce. It's just that you're too corrupt and stupid to figure that out.
58. If I wanted the country to fail, I'd make it easy to cheat in elections, while claiming I was simply making it easier to vote.
I'd even align myself with political groups who want to get rid of the secret ballot in union elections...if I wanted America to fail.
Considering the savage, divisive, corrosive and consistently negative attacks, the class warfare, the occupations, the Bush effigies, the port blockades, the hatred of police and military, and on and on from the Left, it's pretty rich to see Bruce whining about a single YouTube video.
Grow a pair Bruce.
60. If I wanted America to fail, I'd marry non-governmental organizations, unions, academic institutions, government employee unions, and most of the media into a one-sided commitment to Democrats.
61. If I wanted America to fail I'd take advice from folks like Bruce, scottd, demo-kid....
62. If I wanted America to fail, I'd implement a plan called Cap & Trade, in order to make electricity rates 'necessarily skyrocket.'
"Sure, it doesn't say liberals want America to fail, just that if someone did, they'd do what liberals do."
Voila, Bruce. I'm glad you understand the point of the video. Congratulations.
64. If I wanted America to fail, I'd elect a President whose mentor said "I don't regret setting bombs, I feel we didn't do enough" and whose pastor said "God Damn America!!"
65. If I wanted America to fail, my party would nominate a foreign-born teleprompter traitor as president and assist him in acting to destroy the constitution and soverignty of the greatest and most free nation the world has ever seen. Such a conspiracy would include submitting falsified legal documents and spending millions to keep his true identity, personal records and national identity from the people (American citizens) he has chosen to hate and torment.
66. If I wanted America to fail, I'd elect someone who was so disturbing that he held his first-ever political event at the home of a terrorist, and who seemed eerily comfortable about having done so.
If I wanted to destroy America, I would rule it illegal for kids to work on their own family farms and I would replace 4H and FFA with government only programs:
When are these people gonna stop? Hey liberals... you probably see nothing wrong with this. Just another case of central government replacing the family as your new mommy and daddy.
68. Wow.... "Economic Suicide Pact", lead headline on Drudge, links to this video.
69. 517,149 hits now. It'll be interesting to see what that number after it's been headlined on Drudge for a while.
Rush Limbaugh has discovered and PLAYED "If I wanted America to Fail"
Watch those 'hits' explode now.
Hey RNC, beg for permission to use this video in parts for ads in 30 second snippets. Send it to everyone on your donors list. Send it to your 50 state organizations and ask them to give it to every one of their city and county organizations for dispersal.
The REST of us: This needs to be shared far and wide. Share it, email it, talk about it, because there are liberals out there who can't seem to see the obvious.
71. Oh, #70... liberals see the obvious. They engineered it. They invented Global Warming when their USSR fell apart as the next way to try and cripple/convert the USA.
This video has the Leftists scared to death. Watch for them to react furiously as it starts to go more and more viral. At some point the MSM won't be able to ignore it anymore and the talking heads will debate.
But that's all good, because that will help spread the word. Once any normal American sees this video, (normal meaning they are anything more rational and centered than a scottd, Bruce, demo kid style progressive) they will connect the dots and vote against Obama in November.
73. #72, exactly. Which is probably also why Bruce won't answer my question. He knows how bad it appears to non-Leftists.
74. @56 - You are probably correct about Bruce's desire for a welfare state. He needs to grow a pair and be weaned off of mommy government. Same goes for scottd, demo kid and heir dorkman. When all of the layers of their characters are peeled back, they are very small and cowardly beings !
75. If I wanted America to fail, I'd create an agency called the EPA whose admitted mission it is to crucify business.
Does anyone other than me notice that EVERY TIME Bruce flaps his lunatic left lips...and cannot defend his position, he evaporates and pops up to engage elsewhere??
I think it's hilarious. He is one of the most vociferous arguers of all things liberal, while demonstrating that his beliefs are all about other people living the way he says they should, while he lives differently. He puts his kids in private schools, but everyone else should support the public schools...never answers why those public schools aren't good enough for his kids.
He never wants to explain his rationale on that issueor any other...just move on to a different contradiction and call it good.
Steve, I wish I had a dollar for every arrogant Leftist I know who has that same sanctimonious attitude, but who lives by a completely different set of rules.
They whine about "the environment" while driving gas guzzlers and living lavishly, and they seldom take mass transit. They tell us how important it is to keep dumping millions into failing Seattle Public Schools, but they send their kids to private schools. They pay too much for worthless status symbols and things that should cost less and pay too little for real value and things which should cost more.
And many of my Leftists clients are the ones that are the very last to pay. They expect everything to be free, or special deals for themselves.
It all makes sense when you consider the arrogance of a Leftist philosophy that completely ignores the reality of human nature and what motivates us all.
78. If I wanted America to fail, I'd elect a celebrity president who consistently abuses the presidency for partying and campaigning. A president who always seems to be using taxpayers dollars giving speeches in OH, NC and FL and other states in play in November. And a president who consistently shows up on daytime talk and late night TV shows.
#77. I am reminded of Barbra Streisand telling people to hang their clothes on a line. When her spokesperson was asked if Streisand does that, the answer was of course not. She's not a little people.
Bruce will not answer the question.
Steve@76 whines that "EVERY TIME Bruce flaps his lunatic left lips...and cannot defend his position, he evaporates and pops up to engage elsewhere".
I don't answer every question on this blog. My post in this thread addressed one aspect of the video and I don't feel compelled to answer questions about other topics, especially rhetorical, inane questions. I have more fun things to do, like sifting the litter box.
But since you and Gary are so interested in my thoughts: I would like to see higher energy prices that accurately reflect the externalities energy production and usage and encourage development of more sustainable sources to keep America from failing economically and environmentally.
In other words, Bruce has no coherent arguments.
@80 " I would like to see higher energy prices that accurately reflect the externalities energy production and usage and encourage development of more sustainable sources to keep America from failing economically and environmentally."
You live in a dream world just like Obongo and have no concept of what you are talking about - just statist "greenie: demagoguery that is economically ridiculous. You're smoking crack...
So how bout it Bruce..? Why are your kids too good to be put into Seattle Public Schools? Why DO you live differently than you espouse how people SHOULD live?
I think you are just like Obama. You believe you are above it all. People should do what you say, BECAUSE. Dammit...
You call everyone else names, but truly it's because you are a contradiction.
I doubt you have ever served your country in any way, in fact I doubt you've ever served anyone....but yourself. And that's the problem. You aren't proud of this country and you sure don't sound proud to be an American.
I CANNOT WAIT FOR NOVEMBER TO BOOT OBAMA FROM OFFICE !!!
Well, at least Bruce admitted that he wants higher energy prices. Obama/Chu no longer admit that now that they have achieved it.
Like someone once said, "I can't be a socialist. I'm not wealthy enough to be one yet."