August 19, 2011
Arguments The Seattle Times Doesn't Want You To See (1)
I'll begin this series with, naturally, a
In Obama's recounting, however, luck is only half the story. His economic recovery was
ruined not just by acts of God and (foreign) men, but by Americans who care nothing for their
country. These people, who inhabit Congress (guess which party?), refuse to set aside "politics" for
the good of the nation. They serve special interests and lobbyists, care only about the next election,
place party ahead of country. Indeed, they "would rather see their opponents lose than see America
win." The blaggards!
For weeks, these calumnies have been Obama staples. Calumnies, because they give not an
iota of credit to the opposition for trying to promote the public good, as presumably Obama does, but from
different premises and principles. Calumnies, because they deny the legitimacy to those on the
other side of the great national debate about the size and scope and reach of government.
These calumnies also allow Obama to avoid the great practical question: Have his policies
worked? For instance, he can, for a time at least, avoid arguing that his administration's increase in
regulation has been good for the economy, since, as he says — and may even believe —
his opponents have bad motives. For many voters that ends the argument. (Though it
is, of course, another logical fallacy.)
Feel free to add links to other columns or articles that our local monopoly newspaper doesn't want
us to see — as long as you make sure that the Times hasn't published them
(For the record: Like Krauthammer, I do think that Obama wants to make America better,
though his idea of "better" is rather different from my own.)
Posted by Jim Miller at August 19, 2011
07:52 AM | Email This
Obama's approval is now around 43% per the RCP average, only about 14 weeks after the successful raid on OBL. At the equivalent point Bush's approval was 59% (Aug 2003) and he barely won re-election.
I would never have figured it but I'm starting to think that Obama will be one & done.
2. travis, I hope you're right; b/c I believe Obama's very presence in the Whitehouse is at least one big problem. Business knows now what they're going to get with this president, and they don't like it. It paralyzes them into holding onto resources, bracing for the next "Obamacare" gasoline-on-the-fire program. Perhaps it will be in the form of "necessarily skyrocketing" electricity prices, or ? The point is, he scares business. And disappoints others. He needs to be out. Now.
Michele...The President and his gang of Corruption is the greatest threat America has ever faced...PERIOD! That's Right! Did you hear the latest? The Osama Bin Laden episode was pure theater. Yeah, the whole thing was a Giant Scam. Bin Laden has been dead for years and the whole thing was staged to give Obama and his band of Pirates an uplift in public opinion here and throughout the World. Think of it by the facts. We haven't heard or saw any of Osama's videos he use to produce on a regular basis for years. How come? Then, we hear, out of the blue, the great and successful Navy Seals Raid and the killing of Osama. It would be natural to see pictures of the identifiable Osama Bin Laden as being dead. Not only that but, Osama Bin Laden was quickly buried at Sea...So they say. Also, one would think there would be interviews and pictures of the operation. No such luck. And then, all of a sudden all the Navy Seals involved in the operation were all killed by their copter being shot down in Afghanistan. Plus, a short time after that event, all the involved Taliban were all Killed. Yes, every one of them. Isn't all these chain of events just, Amazing? Everyone directly and actively involved are all now dead. Yeah, that's Right! Nobody to bear Witness. Such a Deal.
If you think that the whole Osama thing is too big to be a pumped up LIE...Well, think of Global Warming.
Daniel: Thanks for laying it out for us -- it makes perfect sense now!
But you gotta admire the thoroughness and ruthlessness of the conspirators. They thought of everything! Like figuring out how to drop off that fake top secret helicopter so the Pakistanis could mislead the Chinese with the fake stealth technology. I'm a little confused over why the president would order the murder of a few dozen Navy SEALs to cover up the tracks of an operation that didn't happen. Although I wouldn't put anything past those bastards in the White House, that seemed excessive and unnecessary -- but I'm sure you can explain it.
Anyway, thanks for opening my eyes.
There is far too little criticism of Obama's failed Mid-East foreign policies. He managed to destabilize the entire area. Here are links to news articles that describe
Israel is faced with attacks from inside Egypt, Gaza, and quite likely from Lebanon and/or Syria soon. Meanwhile the idiot-in-chief is embarked upon a fools errand, attempting to master golf, a sport that is unconquerable.
7. Krauthammer opposes the legalization of cannabis, so he's off my list of friends forever. Also, he's a pompous ass, so that's another reason to not like him.
scottd...Don't be confused over why the President would order the murder of the Navy Seals. The phony shooting down of the helicopter in Afghanistan didn't happen. Think of it this way, why was that particular group of Seals who were involve in the Osama raid all aboard the helicopter in Afghanistan to begin with and so soon after the raid. Usually, after such an epic raid, the Navy Seals that were so-called involved would be given a good period of time to be debriefed and unwind. If there was a need for Navy Seals to be in Afghanistan, it would be another group of Navy Seals involved and not the same exact group that was involved in the Osama raid. Plus, the insane Lie that all the Taliban that was involved in the shooting of the helicopter down are now all have been killed. How could that be? The Taliban is a loose band of rabble constantly on the move with changing numbers, assignments and opportunities. What a Joke. If Government forces were so efficient as to be able to seek out all Taliban involved and kill them quickly, the war in Afghanistan would have been all over a long time ago. Naah, the whole thing in Afghanistan was another ridiculous Lie.
Bottom Line: If the analysis of events doesn't make sense, it is usually because, it is not true.
9. RagnarDanneskold...You're full of CRAP! There are Big LIES out there and the Easy Believers like yourself to be suckered. Again, think of the Global Warming Scam. Surely, you aren't so Dumb as to believe that, are you?
Daniel: Thanks for the update.
So the helicopter crash in Afghanistan didn't happen. Funerals and interviews with family members of the deceased -- all fake. Just to cover up the OBL raid that didn't happen.
If the analysis of events doesn't make sense, it is usually because, it is not true.
You go that right...
The ironic part is that the 'kill em then trot em out when needed' conspiracy wasn't even a big part of the Clancy story line - it was a throw away conversation between main characters.
AND, I'm certain Clancy researched, planned, had already written and was awaiting publishing long before the Incompetent President did the unthinkable (to the left) - killed a 'leader'.
Oh my, I do love this story:
Obama bests Bush in finger pointing: Google
One of the more annoying characteristics of Barack Obama is his habit of blaming others and pointing fingers to shift responsibility for our problems from himself to well...fill in the blank.
I never recalled George Bush pointing fingers that often to deflect attention from himself.
Just for a lark, I googled Barack Obama and "points fingers" and did the same for George Bush.
The tally : 15,800,000 hits for Obama compared to 12,100,000 hits for Bush.
Obama is the winner (or rather loser)
Now , keep in mind that George Bush served two terms as president and also served as the Governor of Texas for years so there was a lot more time for him to have a record of engaging in this type of behavior. Barack Obama was relatively undistinguished as a state senator before becoming a Senator for a brief period of time-and he has only been president for two and one-half years.
So Obama has hopefully only another year and half to build his lead in such a disgraceful category.
Try similar google searches on your own. It can be illuminating.
On another note, the very best thing about this Incompetent President is the way he has totally illustrated the utter failure of liberal policies for another generation in a way far WORSE than even Carter. Liberalism is failing and falling all over the world, and thanks to the Incompetent President, Americans are in pain.
We can lay it directly at the arrogant horsesa... feet of the Incompetent President.
13. Boo hoo
... Poor Mr. Obama. Most of his problems aren't his fault. The messes he inherited took decades to create. Waves of new technology and globalization have shaken the economy to its roots. The employment problems are scarily profound.
... Barack Obama can't walk on water. To a large extent, he's a prisoner of fate. These times need a great man, and he is merely a good one. And now he's acquired the most devastating label of all: President Wimp - someone who not only has no answers but lacks the killer instinct to strike back at his opponents.
Hey scottd...Show a link that shows the funerals and all the family members of the deceased Navy Seals that were on the Osama raid. Lots of Luck.
15. Daniel, I'll bet you think--along with Van Jones and his "truther" friends---that President Bush planned and executed 9-11, too. Ya know--an inside job, and all....
16. Daniel, I am upset with you for making me agree with Michele on something. But thanks for taking time out of Hempfest to share those important facts with us.
17. Don't be so Damn Dumb Michele. If you want to believe Big Corrupt Government Lies, go ahead. If you want to believe in a series of coincidences of nobody surviving the Big take out of Osama let alone having the body of Osama being positively indentified by DNA but, his so-called body quickly dumped at sea, go ahead. After all, Dead Men tell no tales whether, it is to whistle blow on a Lie or try to defend a Lie. If you want to believe that the shooting down a Helicopter was a Helicopter carrying the Seal 6 team is the Truth, go ahead. If you want to believe, that everyone of the Taliban responsible for the shoot down of the Helicopter has been Killed, go ahead. Yeah, If Government is so precise and efficient, that within days they were able to hunt down a particular group of Taliban rabble and kill them to the man yet, for many years they have proved to be a failure in defeating the Taliban then, you are surely an Easy Believer. However, I'm not saying that there was not a shooting down of a U.S. Helicopter with 30 people aboard, I'm saying it is a convenient vehicle/scenario to claim that the Navy Seal team was aboard. That it is a big cover up to protect the Big Lie of the Navy Seal team taking out Osama. There are other Big Lies that have been floating around. As mention before, Global Warming and it is still being sold to the Suckers. How about Obamacare that was sold on the idea that it is going to reduce medical expenses for everybody. What a Laugh!
Bruce...You're a well known Idiot and Clown on SP...Enough said.
I've long felt that conspiracy theory advocates are compensating for some sense of powerlessness in their lives. It lets them feel that they have higher powers of perception than those around them, and a secret knowledge that makes them special. No amount of facts or logic can sway those opinions, it is giving up the only part of themselves that they like.
Daniel: As entertaining as this has been, I'm starting to feel sorry for you.
The Pentagon never claimed that the Seals from the OBL raid were killed in the Afghanistan helicopter crash. Quite the opposite, they've said that none of the men killed were on the OBL raid; they just happened to belong to the same Seal Team.
Seal teams include several hundred men, subdivided into troops and troops into squads. They don't all participate on every mission.
Anyway, I want to thank you. You've managed to provide something that me, Michele, Bruce, and Ragnar can agree upon -- and that's no mean feat!
22. Well scottd, if your favorite dogs are alaskan malamutes and rat terriers, we could agree on that, too.
23. You're full of Lying Crap, scottd. They reported that it was the same Seal team that took out Osama that was killed in the Helicopter crash...PERIOD! But then, you're a Liberal. There is no Lie too Big that a Liberal won't tell and there is no Lie too Big that a Liberal won't believe.
Hairy Buddah...You have a Right to question and question everything. Especially, if Big Corrupt Government comes up with a series of unbelievable events that is way too difficult to follow up in determining the veracity of what is claimed. Like all the key witnesses are dead. Are we to sit back and allow anybody, let alone Big Corrupt Government, to spoon feed us without the Right to question? Only a FOOL would denigrate someone's Right to question.
Get Real...RagnarDanneskold! I am NOT a Ron Paul supporter.
26. Michelle: I had a Siberian Husky when I was a kid, but malamutes are OK, too. I don't know about rat terriers, but I think I could have used one last year.
"For instance, he can, for a time at least, avoid arguing that his administration's increase in regulation has been good for the economy,
Heck, everyone knows regulating banks and financial institutions is bad for the economy. The banksters should be given free reign and all will be wunderbar.
28. 25. @20 Get Real...RagnarDanneskold! I am NOT a Ron Paul supporter. Posted by Daniel at August 21, 2011 01:03 AM
And yet, you sound EXACTLY like that cartoon guy in the video - emphasis on the word CARTOON... if you get my drift...
29. Yeah...I get your deliberately and wrongfully misplaced drift. It doesn't represent a true analogy at all. It is so far fetched, its Ridiculous. You're just, slinging mud because, you haven't anything valid to support your blind acceptance of Big Corrupt Government LIES. Yes, typical Liberal tactic. The Liberals are proud of you.
You're a one trick pony
Dan - calling everyone who has the audacity to disagree with you a liberal.
It's a tossup as to which group is more uniformed: far right conspiracy believer or far left people who believe the government is going to do more good than harm. Both groups have their religion.
A better route would be to join the more fiscally responsible, socially tolerant, level headed, practical centrists who just use common sense to arrive at a workable society.
If you believe we are all going to die from global warming or in faith based initiatives, then you won't be getting anywhere near reality any time soon.
32. Jeff B...It is not a tossup when, dealing with groups who are wiling to question things even, when it is the official Propaganda Blast from Government. These groups are far more informed than, the slave minded Easy Believers global warming types of the World who will always come up last.
Yawn is Right!...RagnarDanneskold. You have yet, to post anything of value on this Forum.
Daniel, Google 'conspiracy blogs': About 38,700,000 results (0.07 seconds).
Surely amongst About 38,700,000 results (0.07 seconds) you'll find a more appropriate and welcome place to comment.
35. Gee...RagnarDanneskold...you're not trying to persuade me not to post on SP are you? You have a disagreement with me and when, it becomes too much for you to defend your untenable position then, you want me to post elsewhere? What a Laugh! Yeah, you sure are wiling to defend Freedom of Speech until it disagrees with your opinion then, you want to take/remove Freedom of Speech from those who disagree with your slavish believing of Corrupt Big Government propaganda SLOP that has been fed to you. Yeah, you're sounding more like a Liberal with each post.
36. you're not trying to persuade me not to post on SP are you?
Nope. First Amendment, free speech... ring a bell? We conservatives champion it.
However just because you CAN does not mean you should. Clearly you are miserable with every single regular poster here; you hurl what YOU consider invective invective based on what your imagination deems unacceptable to you.
I'm merely suggesting that there are about 38,700,000 other sites where you would find like minded individuals with whom to commiserate. Why stay somewhere YOU are clearly miserable?
For the rest of us - ho hum, he's bandying about that horrible awful 'liberal' ...again ...[/snicker], boring ... time move on to a coherent post.
37. Quit kidding yourself Ragnar, you don't speak for everybody on SP. You are so full of your narcissi self and your own self-importance you have become Delusional. Get help.
He speaks for at least me... There's plenty to criticize our current President about without inventing some new conspiracy that wouldn't even make the Coast-To-Coast or Weekly News bars..
39. Dan...Why would you limit criticizing the President? If there are certain chain of events that are way to pat and convenient in supporting the wonderfulness and greatness of the President and yet, disallows further follow through with reasonable investigation because, all the key witnesses are dead, this doesn't raise suspicion? I think it does.
I believe criticism should be rooted in truth, logic and reason - none of which exist in any way, shape, or form in the conspiracy theory you propose.
Yes, criticism should be rooted in Truth. However, in the subject matter of this concern there is valid room for suspicion. And when, there is reason for suspicion you have every Right to Question that suspicion. For the number of reasons that I have given for suspicion on this matter, there is definitely strong reason to again, to Question the validity of what has been fed to us. It's not that the Administration has not Lied to us before and we are on new ground but, we are also, suffering from the misdirection and some of the Lies having being put into policy by this Administration. Think of it this way, if we didn't Question the Big Lie of Global Warming and disallowed it from becoming policy, we would be in far dire straits than, we are now.
So, as to logic and reason, I have shown to SP the reasons and the logic for saying that this Administration is telling a BIG LIE.
Re-read your post #3 - it's full of statements made as if they are factual, as if it's all 100%. What is your proof? You suspect - as you say now - but earlier you were beyond suspicion right into 100% conviction.
You have no truth or facts to back your position; can you share anything? You draw solid conclusions based on lack of facts (simply suspicion) and claim it as factual and accurate - that is neither logical nor reasonable.
Conspiracy theorists are rightly disregarded - it's no wonder most in this thread now consider you as a running side-joke.
I'd suggest taking a few weeks off, come back after eating a little humble pie, and then pay attention to how the posters here (pudge, Griswold, Sharkansky, others) actually develop their conclusions - with facts, logic and reason.
Oh, and as far as global warming? You should go talk to the skeptics at WUWT - all are very skeptical of AGW, but most admit (because the data - the facts show it to be) that we had warming from the mid 70s to the 1998-2000 timeframe. The fact it's STOPPED warming (not cooled) is the reason most are skeptical of the CO2 linkage - but they don't discount a good amount of the warming that happened.
Get some facts, learn how logic works, then come on back. Or continue to be frustrated as the butt of the joke. Your call.
Dan...In now way am I trying to water down what I said in my post #3. I have been pointing out my belief with the logic and reasons that supports my belief/conviction by the numerous posting throughout this Forum. If any of the logic and reasons that I have presented that you have a disagreement with then, bring forward those specific disagreements and the reasons why. Don't just shove everything aside and claim that I offer no facts, logic or reason because, that is simply not true. Remember, that is what Liberals do when they can't dissect and confront a difference of opinion in a fair and honest manner. The real problem is...That you can't handle anything so upsetting to your limited World View.
Your suggestion of taking a few weeks off and coming back and pay attention to how the posters here actually develop their conclusion with facts logic and reason is laughable. Yeah, they have always been so impeccably good at that. Bottom Line: Don't try to come off as someone who is all knowing and superior to all things. You are beginning to best Ragnar in being the bigger narcissi. Again, what a Laugh!
45. I am not wrong...Jeff B. Remember, I wanted a link that shows the funerals, that means of all the Navy Seals that were supposedly Killed. Yes, in the Afghanistan theater there is the opportunity to use a tragedy of a shot down Chinook and claim that all the Navy Seals that were engaged in the taking out of Osama were all killed. How convenient to use such a vehicle to cover your grand made-up Theater/Lie. Plus, to have a funeral of only one? Weren't they all killed? I didn't know the bodies were that hard to find? Could the rest, be missing? They were all aboard the same helicopter as reported weren't they? Maybe, it was too much to stage more than one funeral since, it would be very hard to find and put all those different families together to support the Big ongoing Lie. Not only is this not quite believable but to also claim, that all and that means everyone of the Talibans were all killed to the last man who were of the group who were responsible for the shooting down of the Chinook. Can you believe that? As I said before, if the American forces were that good, the war in Afghanistan would have been long over. Have a Clue...Jeff B.
Actually, whoever wrote the article misspelled 'blaggards' [sic].
The correct spelling is blackguards.
If Krauthammer used the incorrect spelling, it's perfectly understandable, given that he is a weenie who supports fellow weenies and thus is to be given the same regard as your crazy Aunt Mable who lives in your attic.
47. Gee...Another mindless Liberal having something Dumb and Irrelevant to say. Yeah, it's not the message but, the spelling that's important. Aren't Liberals the smartest people?
Actually, Daniel, I disagree with Krauthammer not because I am a liberal (which I am not), but because Krauthammer is a RINO supporter.
You should look up my history before throwing rocks. I happily invite you to do so.
That hair-trigger, knee-jerk vitriolic response to anyone who doesn't agree with your pantheon of pundits will prove you a fool... as shown in your post to me.
Welcome to idiotville, population: you.
49. This is a excellent web site, will you be interested in doing an interview about how you developed it? If so e-mail me!
50. Naah...ERNurse, you're a Liberal. You wouldn't have, out of the blue, made such a disingenuous attack on Charles Krauthammer. You're a Phony Lying Liberal, plain and simple. Your not the first Liberal who has denied he was a Liberal. Liberals will claim to be Conservative to have cover and give legitimacy to their attacks. What a Laugh!