July 13, 2011
Obama And Granny Cartoon?
We really need a cartoon
to describe Obama's latest
President Obama is pulling out the big guns and pointing them straight at your
grandmother. "Obama on Tuesday said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social
Security checks August 3" absent an agreement with Congress to raise the debt ceiling, CBS News
Or, as the headline says: "Raise Taxes or Granny Gets It."
Taranto's language suggests something like the famous
National Lampoon cover,
but I think a cartoon showing Obama grabbing Granny's purse might be more accurate.
Feel free to add your own suggestions or, even better, send me your cartoon so that we can post
it here. (If you send me a cartoon, let me know whether you want credit, or prefer to remain
Posted by Jim Miller at July 13, 2011
07:22 AM | Email This
1. I think maybe Obama should have a mask over his eyes and a striped shirt, while Boehner wears a badge and says 'not so fast" as he hands a bigger bag that says 'union payouts' back to Obama.
2. So the Democrats tell us that S.S. is not paid for through the budget and the general fund, but that it comes from the trust fund. So what's the problem?
3. Well, I don't have a cartoon, but I would like to point out that even though we've all been paying SS taxes for years, the politicians have stolen all that money and spent it on other things. There IS NO SS trust fund with each person's name on it, like there is with company-sponsored SIMPLES and 401Ks, etc. The SS checks going out now are with borrowed money! Now, why are we supposed to trust these thieves with our medical care, as well?
Obama gets agitated and storms out the room and exclaims; "Don't call my bluff". He is bluffing and is an audacious prick. The GOP needs to stand firm and keep calling his bluff -when it is warranted, as this will have a bearing on the 2012 election. The regular media in its double standards form will always distort in order to paint the conservatives as bad, etc.
Taranto's op-ed shines the light of truth on this juvenile actions of the president and the media cheering section, which is nothing short of nauseating.
Increasing our nations debt by 5 trillion dollars and taking a 500 billion dollar deficit under Bush and ballooning it to 1.5 trillion is hard work.
The teleprompter has to fit his spending orgies into a very busy schedule populated with golf games, vacations and par-tays.
(btw, Barry, have you assisted your brother in his cardboard nairobi shack, or done anything about your illegal alien Auntie in MA?)
A political cartoon might stress the hardworking nature of our "messiah" while depicting his enslavement of our children and grandchildren to mammoth government debt and a dying economy. The graduating class of 2011 is learning first-hand the cost of liberal stewardship.
6. "Don't call my bluff." So he admits he's bluffing? "I can't guarantee that SS checks will go out on Aug. 3" So he admits there is no SS guarantee? This guy needs to get back to the teleprompter.
7. Well then, take the money out of "their" retirement accounts and put it in ours.