June 27, 2011
JAY INSLEE IS RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR -- CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DEBATES
The Seattle Times reports: Inslee announces run for governor
Most people haven't had a chance to watch the congressman in a candidate debate -- here's a YouTube video from 8 months ago with a timely topic of discussion.
Inslee versus McKenna -- can't wait for the debates.
Posted by Tim Eyman at June 27, 2011
08:14 PM | Email This
1. the debates won't matter...the brain dead will just vote "rat" again....they don't think...they don't read...they don't study....and frankly, they don't give a rip about our state, its huge deficit, let alone the state of the country.....
One GREAT thing that comes from this:
He'll no longer misrepresent the 1st district!
Just what this state needs, another Gregoire Democrap on two or three government pensions.
You're right, Tim. That was an awesome question from Watkins. Totally destroyed Inslee, who went on to defeat Watkins by only 16 points. Who knows what the margin would have been if it weren't for Watkins' debating skills?
Like you, I look forward to debates with McKenna. Can I assume that McKenna will take Inslee to task for running for governor while holding another elected office?
5. Will McKenna get Inslee to agree to a "no use of numbers" clause in the ground rules? Because otherwise, this campaign will have the same outcome as the Locke-Carlson nail-biter of a dozen years ago.
When Joel Conelly bitch slaps you like he did Inslee tonite, you've got problems.
And of course what we need is another fringer dim-bulb to finish driving this state's economy off a cliff... they've done such a damned fine job of it so far.
Please, PLEASE, Brian Sonntag, run!
Inslee will be far, far worse than Gregoire. She and her democratic cohorts in the legislature have all but financially ruined this state: massively bloating our budget and then depleting all our reserves to pay for their excesses. But Inslee will take things even further; Gregoire, at least, tried occasionally to do what the people wanted, even when she disagreed with it, but Inslee has no such humility.
Not that McKenna is great: he has expressed his intent to spend much more money, money we do not have, cannot afford, and -- worst of all -- do not need.
Hence: RUN BRIAN RUN!
8. Bring it on. When people realize what a sleazebag Inslee is, we'll really get 'Change we can believe in'. Otherwise, this state is toast.
9. I think my 11 year old niece could beat Inslee in a debate. It's not just that he is a liar; it's that he isn't smart enough to be a good liar.
10. @9: Yes, he is fairly dumb, and he's also incredibly arrogant. But then, dumb people usually are.
McKenna: "It was my understanding that there would be no math in this debate."
Thank you Tim for posting that Youtube video. I have been wondering why it hasn't seen the light of day more, since it shows that Insley couldn't even be honest with his constituents when all the evidence was revealed. It will definitely be fun to watch this go on.
You can just see the slime start to ooze when Inslee opens his mouth. A classic career politician. Only a WA progressive could be proud of this slippery snake.
Hopefully voters wake up just enough to peep their heads above the usual media indoctrination and look around to see what years of Leftism has done to their state and the Federal Government vs other states that have made different choices. But probably not. It's my experience here that most people just want to be accepted, so they'll stay comfortably quiet or within the accepted leftist views. And they will only allow themselves to be confronted by media that helps them stay safely in the Leftist cocoon.
I wouldn't count on the ignorant, poorly-educated fools in the Puget Sound echo chamber to do anything but vote as they're told by the Marxist Media. After all, they wouldn't want to risk losing the "crumbs of obedience" the elites in Olympia toss them for being good little sheeple.
I agree - for the good of the state - Run Sonntag, Run. No offense intended to Rob McKenna, but Brian Sonntag is less polarizing and more competent when it comes to fiscal responsibility.
Inslee is a marxist sympathizer as are all liberal progressive Democrats !
16. Yep Saltherring, because AGW is not happening and we are most likely heading in to a new ice age, it is far more likely for hell to freeze over than for a WA sheeple to begin independent thought.
17. Yeah, Bring it on. I agree with yaddacubed. Let the biggest sleazebag, Jay Inslee, run for Governor against Rob Mckenna. Let's have strong contrast between the two, so much so, that even those who have been asleep will wake up and vote for Change...REAL CHANGE!
Doesn't matter. All that matters is that King County finds enough lost ballot boxes in their basement(s) to put Inslee over the top. Somehow, I think they'll manage.
To paraphrase Good Ol' Uncle Joe, those that cast votes decide nothing, those that count votes decide everything.
19. It will matter if the contrast between the two is great enough. Plus, there is going to be a strong spotlight shinning on how the votes are handled. Yeah, it is a matter of do or die.
20. It will matter if the contrast between the two is great enough. Plus, there is going to be a strong spotlight shinning on how the votes are handled. Yeah, it is a matter of do or die.
21. Would love to be a fly on the wall for that debate!!I need a good laugh!
Did I hear correctly that as governor Jay Inslee would "borrow" money out of the Washington state retirement systems to loan out to small businesses startups? As a retired state employee I don't care to have any misguided elected official investing my retirement funds in some "swing for the fences" business endeavor. Those retirment systems are the last stash of money available and he appears to want to "gamble" it on unsecured loans that may or may not pay off.
Sorry Jay. We can't afford your ill thought out plans that may turn into financial disaster.
23. Did I hear correctly that as governor Jay Inslee would "borrow" money out of the Washington state retirement systems to loan out to small businesses startups?
You heard right. That was NPR this morning, beginning its pro-Inslee campaign. It said nothing negative about that hare-brained scheme. Imagine the WaPers board gambling our retirement funds on their ability to pick winners in the real-world economy!
NPR said nothing whatever about the vast gap in State pension systems between the funds available and the much larger liabilities to the future pensioners. To NPR, first things come first: get Inslee elected (don't you know, he's for civil rights and McKenna opposes them). Only later will come time to view the pension liabilities with concern, and demand the looting of the rich to fill the gap.
Just remember, US Representative called President Bush's idea to invest 1-2% of Social Security funds in the stock market a risky financially untenable solution.
Apparently investing more of the WaPERS money in the riskiest end of the stock market is a better financial approach...
Pure politics on display. He has not ideas or core values save "oppose the GOP, support the Democrats". Not a leader, just a follower - and he was a great Nancy Pelosi footsoldier!
25. It makes me sick. We have so many liberals living here that Inslee will win. We're totally outnumbered as conservatives, and it gets worse every year. Young liberals have been flocking here for years. They love the wet, cold climate, and liberal politics. They work for the public schools or they are activists, and attorneys.
26. Hey, Bill...Jay Inslee is so bad that even, this State Government workers are worried about him and his ideas of putting at risk their entitlements by investing in questionable start-up companies. Plus, the ongoing sluggish economy has cost the Liberals dearly this last election. I would say that a wakeup call is beginning to be heard even, amongst the Liberals in this State.
27. Inslee is a wanker. And his ideas are.... well, doesn't he support medical marijuana too?
28. We have so many liberals living here that Inslee will win. We're totally outnumbered as conservatives, and it gets worse every year. Young liberals have been flocking here for years. They work for the public schools or they are activists, and attorneys.
Actually, I'm an engineer. Other than that, you pretty much got it right about us. I guess we'll just keep on getting the clean, green government and strong economy we deserve.
It makes me sick.
Feature, not bug.
He'll no longer misrepresent the 1st district!
You know, the same can now be said of another former 1st District Representative. (What was her name, again? Still works in DC, I believe...)
Bill@25 frets that "liberals ... love the wet, cold climate"
, outnumbering conservatives who presumably are here for the dry, warm summers.
This is one of the funniest lines I've read on a long time. But it does explain the conservative position on climate change.
You still believe in AGW? I thought you were smarter than that. Read up at wattsupwiththat.com New science every day. Real papers, real scientists. There was and always will be climate change, but it's not caused by mankind. And temps are not getting warmer, the glaciers are not melting, and the sea level is not rising. So even if there is change, there's zero crisis.
Bruce worships at the church of almighty Gore...you know, the green one with the big gold dollar sign (instead of a cross).
And I'd watch it as your posting could be considered blasphemy.
32. Blue jay, Stellar's jay, and Jay. Which bird has the largest brain? My money's on the Stellar. @ 1 & 13 have it right. with this bird, more of the same aided by an indifferent and apathetic public. we're San Fran of the north. no one cares. ps--will he yank driver license priviledges from illegal aliens? nope.
Успешная строительная компания (двадцать лет для рынке!) с удовольствием сбагрит различное барахло, примерно Электроды
. Практически для всю продукцию распространяется годовая заклад, наши консультанты вовек готовы помочь вам с выбором строительных материалов, мы сотруничаем чуть с зарекомендовавшими себя крупными поставщиками, посему число брака посреди товаров минимально. Всем крупным покупателям и мелкооптовикам мы предоставляем бесплатную доставку в пределах города. Работаем мы без обеда и выходных. С нами полезный!
34. Super 8 Movie dvdrip watch Super 8 Movie movie 2010 http://www.thisis50.com/profile/vladmear - the Super 8 Movie film download the Super 8 Movie length of Super 8 Movie film http://www.thisis50.com/profile/vladmear
tensor: I guess we'll just keep on getting the clean, green government and strong economy we deserve.
Ummm. The environment is no cleaner because of Democrats, and even if it were ... the economy is significantly worse BECAUSE OF Democrats. Our governments are broke, and it is beyond rational debate that we are broke because we spent too much.
Gregoire herself admitted this -- she predicted it! -- early in her first term when she said if we spent a lot in the good times, we'd have to raise taxes or make drastic cuts in the bad times. Well, she increased spending by A THIRD in her first term, and guess what? We ended up with massive deficits when the recession hit!
Oh right, but the recession was caused by the policies of Bush and the Republicans. Yawn. No one believes that. Not even Obama believes it: he spouted it through much of his campaign, but he never actually gave any concrete examples, because he couldn't.
And don't even get me started on the borderline criminal spending habits of the Democrats: they cut education, and don't cut bullshit like arts funding, and then cry about how education is cut, despite the fact that the state constitution demands that education be cut last if it means that cuts result in not making ample provision for education of the children, all so that they can attack Republicans (even though the Democrats made the cuts!) during the next election.
36. I have some research to do but I would possibly vote for Brian Sonntag. From what Ive seen, hes the man. Inslee is a joke.
Surprising. Most engineers I know are conservative or libertarian because the understand how things work. You think this economy is working? What kind of engineer? Sanitation?
38. Thank you Dave...For confirming the reality that if Brian Sonntag were to run instead of Jay Inslee, we would end up with another Democrat Governor. That's why, it is so important that we have Jay Inslee running for Governor who can be more easily be defeated by Rob Mckenna.
Jeff B.: I know a ton of liberal engineers. Many of them are very bright. Most of them are idealists who engage in a ton of wishful thinking. Some are downright socialists in the mold of Woodrow Wilson, who believe -- due to their engineering background, in some cases -- that if you just tweak the right knobs of society, you can get the best possible outcome.
But as "Hayek" said in the "Fight of the Century" song:
People aren't chessmen you move on a board
at your whim -- their dreams and desires ignored
With political incentives, discretion's a joke
Those dials you're twisting ... just mirrors and smoke
We need stable rules and real market prices
so prosperity emerges and cuts short the crisis
give us a chance so we can discover
the most valuable ways to serve one another
The difference isn't understanding, versus not understanding. It's trusting in -- and valuing -- people acting freely, versus not.
I worked with many liberal engineers during my 33 years as a machinist, project engineer and program manager at a U.S. Navy laboratory. I also recruited engineers from several northwest universities, hiring dozens to work in numerous departments at our base. I found many that came to work in our department to be initially quite liberal. But as they aged and matured most left the foolish idealism/progressivism of youth and their college years behind and began to embrace the principles of manhood and conservatism.
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things." I Corinthians 13:11
41. Why does he talk like a retard?
42. That was my point. Understanding human nature and how it is applied to the real world is the key to understanding economies, just as understanding and applying physics is the key to understanding if a bridge design will work. Any engineer that can somehow reconcile the very delicate compromises that make the good design of a system ought to be able to quickly see the flaws of collectivism with respect to how humans are actually motivated. There is a cognitive dissonance in one who can pay such close attention to engineering a given system while at the same time expecting a system of forced collectivism to result in successful societal design. The evidence is playing out now. Americans are unwilling to engage in a society poorly engineered for uncertain reward. And that is how recessions continue.
44. Our governments are broke, and it is beyond rational debate that we are broke because we spent too much.
Accounting FAIL. Their incomes are too low, thanks to wildly-unproductive tax cuts that even some rich people don't want anymore. (The ones who EARNED their money, like George Soros, not the ones who INHERITED it, like George Bush or George Bush.)
Oh right, but the recession was caused by the policies of Bush and the Republicans.
Yeah, two failed wars, a truckload of tax cuts for Paris Hilton, and wildly-irresponsible spending had no effects. Hey, a trillion here, a trillion there, and you're not even talking real money!
Most engineers I know are conservative or libertarian because...
They're white males, and their chronic unearned privilege makes them think they earned it as much as someone from a non-traditional engineering background did. (Have you ever met a libertarian engineer who was not a white male?)
... the[y] understand how things work.
"Expertise in one area does not imply expertise in other areas. The smaller the area of expertise, the less likely the expert is to think so." -- Robert Heinlein
You think this economy is working?
Surplus to deficit, trillion-dollar failed wars, tax cuts to Paris, spending like a diapered right-wing senator in a whorehouse ... this is really getting tedious, guys. Irresponsible actions have bad consequences, and making endless excuses and outright denials for the irresponsible actors doesn't help.
What kind of engineer? Sanitation?
I wade in here regularly, do I not? ;-)
"The ones who EARNED their money, like George Soros,"
George Soros began his storied career betraying his Hungarian Jewish neighbors to the Nazis during WWII, a fact he still does not regret. From there he went on to decimating national currencies and looting working peoples' pension plans. Now he concentrates on bankrolling hard-left, anti-American political groups intent on wrecking the U.S. economy.
Some hero you've got there, loser. Yeah, I can see why Soros makes you and your dirtbag leftist pals proud.
Too bad the facts don't support your claims. The Bush tax cuts were enacted in 2003 - tax receipts by the Federal Government were just under $1.8 trillion. By 2007 Federal tax receipts were pushing $2.6 trillion. Yeah, those tax cuts sure retarded (oops, can we say that word?) tax receipts!
In constant FY2005 dollars, tax receipts went from $1.9 trillion to $2.4 trillion - sure enough, receipts went UP after the Bush tax cuts. Both in absolute and inflation adjusted dollars. And they went up by 6% annually.
But you know what went up faster? Spending. In 2003 spending was $2.2 trillion; now spending is over $3.8 trillion.
Let me break it down for you (and Jay Inslee, who voted for all this extra spending - oops, he shirked his duty along with his leadership by refusing to pass a budget!), and baseline it to 2003 (when the Bush tax cuts were passed):
2003: receipts of $1.78 trillion, spending $2.16 trillion, deficit $377 billion
2007: receipts of $2.57 trillion (+44%), spending $2.73 trillion (+26%), deficit $160 billion (-58%)
2011: receipts of $2.17 trillion (+22%), spending $3.82 trillion (+77%), deficit $1.65 trillion (+338%)
So receipts are up - even in this recession - 22% relative to when the Bush tax cuts were enacted (about a 2.6% annual growth). Yes, receipts are UP even though taxes were cut - revenue has provably increased, and at a fair clip as well (a rate close to the historical average of the US).
But look at spending - it's up, WAY up. It's grown 77% relative to 2003, at a 7.4% annual rate (more than 3 times the growth in receipts). A rate that is well in excess of historical GDP growth. And the deficit (and skyrocketing debt) reflects that.
Sorry, it's the SPENDING that has skyrocketed all out of proportion. And almost all of that spending has been in the last 3 years - funny, that corresponds to the Democrat control of the budget process - a process where Jay Inslee was directly involved.
Funny, though - the last two Democrat Congresses chose to ignore their Constitutionally required duty to create a budget and simply punted on the issue. Good to know that when the times get tough, Jay will just punt and run away like the Good Sir Robin he is!
One last thing: Jay Inslee and the Democrats in Congress and the White House have left us with an annual deficit larger than the GDP of Canada! Yes our EXCESS SPENDING is more than our neighbors to the North generate in total economic activity. Think about that...
@45 - It's still amazing to me why the House Republicans do not call for an investigation of George Soros, specifically in regard to the 2008 Economic meltdown that hit in mid-September. His attempt to control the mainstream media should be a red flag in itself.
The House Republicans are feckless if they don't investigate this scoundrel - no excuse for it. To my knowledge, Mr. Issa has not even raised the question. There must be some money/payoff that is motivating thme not to investigate Soros - that Republicans are not averse to accepting. Just sayin'.
The Republican Party calls quite regularly begging for money. I told their solicitor just yeasterday that congressional R's will have to grow some balls before I would throw them one thin dime.
Dimebag, you've been smoking dope again.
We are broke because you people spend money like junkies rip off drug stores. Trillions of dollars of added debt since that moron you support for president got the job... a Grecian budget approach where leftists are paid off and the rest of us suffer.
Don't try and out-pudge pudge. You lose every time.
@48- I have not donated to any GOP candidate since the ill-fated POTUS campaign of McCain/Palin and before that - I told them I needed to see more of an effort at stemming illegal immigration. I don't see that changing any time soon.
The only candidate for POTUS that I would happily vote for is someone outside of the mainstream, which eliminates Romeny, Huntsman and Pawlenty (smong the first tier contenders). Someone like Rick Perry -(hopefully he will decide to run), who is an outsider and more affiliated with the TEA party could inspire my vote.
I would support Brian Sonntag over Rob McKenna for Governor too.
Does anyone out there know Enslee'e postion on the partial privatization of Social Security when it was proposed by GW?
Does anyone out there know Enslee'e postion on the partial privatization of Social Security when it was proposed by GW?
He was vociferously and staunchly opposed, because it was giving away our trusted lock-box funds to Wall Street.
But I guess it's so much better to give it to the shakiest part of Wall Street, new startups. At least, if it will benefit Inslee in any way, shape or form!
54. Why is it whenever I see Inslee speaking, I feel dirt afterward?
55. Whoops, I meant "dirty".
I think it's a Dimocrat politician thing. I used to brief Norm Dicks regulary on the status of several Dept of Defense programs back a few years. For some reason I always felt the need to wash my hands after conducting business with him.