September 03, 2010
Koster Beating Larsen in Poll, Debate on "Up Front" (UPDATED)
Republican challenger John Koster leads Democratic incumbent Rick Larsen 50-46 in a KING5/SurveyUSA poll of the Second Congressional District. They faced off in a debate that will air on Up Front with Robert Mak this weekend.
UPDATE: You can watch the debate, as broadcast, online (the first 7.5 minutes are about I-1053, starring Tim Eyman, and the debate follows) and then see the rest of the debate in "Up Front Extra."
Cross-posted on <pudge/*>.
Posted by pudge at September 03, 2010
08:33 PM | Email This
1. Oh, and keep your eyes out: we will have an interview with John Koster and Rick Larsen on Sound Politics soon: and YOU all get to ask the questions.
I hope this poll helps Koster raise some money. If he gets some money, I think he can win, but he needs to raise enough to get on TV.
3. Cliff: and Koster won the primary, so the poll AND the primary win together are big, and you're right, it will bring in even more money.
Pudge: I hope you're right. He's got the message, it's the right year and the right opponent (i.e. Larsen is a gigantic empty suit who doesn't really do anything), but he'll need the money to capitalize on it.
I think he'll be helped by Dino though. I think Dino will win the 2nd win or lose (and I'm increasingly thinking he's going to pull it off).
5. All Larsen did was spin his answers. Kostner looked like he really wants to help America and the 2nd district.
6. Koster needs to do debate prep, quit looking down at his notes, and have better self awareness. At least he can fix those issues. Larsen's challenge is more difficult: run from his liberal voting record, and not be seen as a mouth breather who is part of the problem in a year when incumbents are quickly going out of style.
7. Koster and Rossi both take too much crap without fighting back. They let Larsen and Murray define them with constantly repeated lies. The only way to fight the liberal big lie technique is to fight back and call the liberals what they are, liars.