August 04, 2010
Dirty Demo tricks in Shoreline
Someone has repeatedly vandalized a couple's yard on N. 185 St. in Shoreline, WA; the husband is a Viet Nam war veteran. They have done this in past campaign years and again this year.
NWCN broadcast a report.
Their signs were stolen. A printed anti-Republican sign was attached to a utility pole in front of his house.
He has asked Democrat Party officials to denounce their goons, but they are silent. Why? If the vandals are not Democrats why are they attacking a home with signs for Republicans.
Dr. Art Coday, R, for state rep in 32d district
Gary Gagliari, R, for state rep in 32d district
James Watkins, R, for Congress in 1st district
NWCN gave publicity for these excellent candidates, since they are the object of the Demo vandals.
Do the elected Democrats support this crime?
Also Alyssa Kleven at MyNorthwest.
Posted by Ron Hebron at August 04, 2010
06:20 AM | Email This
1. Gee sounds like the dog and pony show has come to Shoreline coutesy of the dems.One piece of advice for these idiots if you think this will help you in November think again!!You just made it easier for R's you gave them ammunition gee, how bright can you be!!
2. And I thought Republicans were stupid ! The dumbed down masses of liberal progressives come out of the woodwork.
3. No surprise here. This is exactly who the democrats are. They can't win on ideas so they resort to spreading lies and vile filth. Liberals must really love wallowing in it because they keep re-electing democrats.
Word is the disease is becoming an epidemic!
Warning independents and fiscal conservative Dems are also very likely to catch this 'disease'.
5. I steal political campaign signs all the time, I use them as canvases to paint happy clouds on them then I sell the painting to progressives like myself to support the EVIL SOCIALIST AGENDA!! =P
I am a member of the 32 LD Democrats. I condemn any action to suppress any person's right to express their political opinions. I have in fact been greatly angered when signs that I put up supporting Democratic candidates have been knocked down and defaced, and when I was new to politics I ascribed this problem to Republican party operatives.
However, when I have done surveys of downed signs, it appears that candidates of both parties suffer from the problema about equally. In a recent informal survey of signs that have been clearly knocked down near Hamlin park, I found one for Cindy Ryu (Democrat), two for Maralyn Chase (Democrat), and two for Art Coday (Republican). (I put them all back up)
So I no longer believe when my signs are down, that it is due to Republican pary hacks. My opinion is that there are extremists on both sides of the political spectrum that let their passions overcome common sense. There may also be young people participating who just like knocking things down.
"asked Democrat Party officials to denounce their goons, but they are silent."
Silence is assent.
8. I pass this house on my commute on an almost daily basis and have witnessed some of the vandalism Mr.Potts' house has undergone (most despicably a large spraypainted "NAZI" on the house in large letters during the 2004 campaign). The only thing more cowardly than the scumbags doing the vandalism are the scumbag Democrat party officials that won't call 'foul' on the vandals. It definately affirms one thing that IS crystal clear. Cowardice is a democrat party family value.
9. Thanks, Chris. I like your attitude. But there is a big difference between knocking down signs in Hamlin Park and going onto a person's private property to steal signs and deface his house.
10. I had democrats on the plateau come and actually CUT UP my signs multiple times in 2004. In the world of liberals, you can only have free speech if your speech is leftwing. "Free speech for me, but not for thee.....GET IT??!
If you want a more detailed account of liberal tolerance towards political opponents , it can be found in this PI article about the same man's house several years ago:
12. It looks like your vehicle (with conservative stickers on it) is pretty safe from liberal whack jobs if you have NRA stickers on it. A particularly good NRA sticker is a round one that says "Armed With Pride". Join the NRA certainly, also.
Interesting the venom with which you all paint liberals. The bumper on my Subi was painted over because I had Cantwell sticker. I'm sure all Republicans (or should I say "republics") because one did that to me?
Such typical talk on the right. I suppose the vandalism could have been done by former Republicans who are now out of work and turned on the party . . . ya think?
14. Sorry for the mess in the first paragraph. My mouse f'd up: Wouldn't it be foolish for me to think all Republicans would do that sort of thing because one did it to me?
No, Dane, you're mouse didn't "f" up. Your brain did. Anyone with a clue knows that Republican/Conservative signs, bumper stickers, etc. get vandalized WAAAAAAY more than Democrats/Liberals/Progressives/Whatever you're calling yourselves these days (BTW, changing the name of the product doesn't help. You actually need to change the product itself.)
I am sorry your bumper sticker got painted over, though. Two wrongs don't make a right.
When there is a real problem, why do so many people respond with unwarranted assumptions and unnecessary derogatory comments? Deliberate divisiveness and "trash talk" hurts both individuals and our communities.
Which "Democratic officials" were asked to denounce the perpetrators? The 32nd Legislative District Democrats have repeatedly gone on record as denouncing this type of activity, both in print and in our meetings. Vandalism is, quite simply, NOT a part of our values. As a board member, I can personally attest that we walk our talk. I cannot attest to the actions of other individuals in our communities.
As a former Democratic candidate for public office, I did not automatically assume that when many of my signs were vandalized or stolen that it was done by Republicans. I talked with my Republican opponents and learned that they were experiencing the same problem. We decided that naive kids as well as troublemakers were the perpetrators.
Please, think before you are so quick to judge and act on unwarranted assumptions. Thank you.
17. I don't want to point fingers, but there are a lot of sick puppies over at horsesass. Not surprisingly, many of them are unemployed and have nothing better to do than tear down signs.