May 20, 2010
Everybody draw Mohammed Day - May 20
Today is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day.
It was the idea of Seattle cartoonist Molly Norris. After Comedy Central cut a portion of a South Park episode following a death threat from a radical Muslim group, Norris wanted to counter the fear. She wanted to spread the threat. She has declared May 20th "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day." My Northwest
Molly Norris's cartoon at The Stranger.
Is the threat real?
From three days ago: Lars Vilks, the Swedish cartoonist who drew the cartoon that was used in the fabricated outrage in Denmark is in hiding after constant death threats. He says there was an arson attempt against his home in Nyhamnslage, Sweden. Yahoo News via Hot Air
Posted by Ron Hebron at May 20, 2010
07:11 AM | Email This
The hallmark of our political system is the right to offend. We see it all day every day in comment threads and political cartoons. These are important examples of free expression.
Islam is too thin skinned. Especially for a religion that has such a large wing of outrageous violence.
The ridicule is well deserved.
Here's my entry
3. Mohammed was a man and is not a God. However, the Islamists treat him as though he is sacred and Godlike. You would think that Allah would be displeased by Mohammed being revered equally, if not more, than Allah. Plus, the Islamists insisting one convert to Islam or die. If they believe in such forced conversions then, they must also, believe that the Lord will take those into his Kingdom who do not want to be there. Those who would take the time to think logically on these matters of belief would find some serious questions.
Here's a good cartoon
of Mohammed. A play on the original that Lars drew that earned him the mark of death.
5. I wouldn't be kidding around about this folks.
6. Yeah, and this same cowardly "artist" was on dancin' queen Dave Ross' show yesterday denouncing the draw muhammad day and even belongs to a facebook group discouraging anyone from participating in the day. Freakin' typical groupthink Seattle leftist. I'm pretty sure any other topic and she would have declared that her artistic talents will not be censored, but with these days of politically correctness, Islam is off limits. Reminds me of the South park's Isaac Hayes who was the voice of 'chef' who was okay with show lampooning everything... up until they did so to his religion scientology...he abruptly quit the show.
#5. I would. They can't kill us all. That's the whole point of the day, to be united in support of free expression.
I kind of like this one
myself. Very Poignant.
@ 5 but,but,but...it's a religion of peace remember, Duffman? What are you implying will happen?
Thirty years from now when we are fighting the great Jihadists they will be discussing a truce and someone will ask how World War III started, and someone will explain, it all started in the funny pages.
Right...Duffman! We must all acquiesce to the sensibilities and threats from the Islamists. We must give up our Freedom of Speech and Liberties and bow down to the Intruders of this Judeo-Christian Nation. Yes, we must give way to the invading Barbarians and let them take what is ours. We must never stand and defend but, to run and hide and let them enslave us. We must think and do as Liberals would do. Fortunately, we are not all Liberals like you Duffman. What a Dolt!
11. To me it's simple 'respect'...as a Catholic I wouldn't want it done/said about the Pope either.
But Duffman, then that would be to ignore the long standing tradition of offensive displays and disrespect toward Chistianity.
Anyone who is a devout follower of any religion would not be deterred simply by the criticisms and mocking of their religion.
And Islam will get more respect when its high clerics go out of their way to denounce terrorism, jihad, and to stop preaching hatred from the pulpit. As it is now, in mosques throughout the world it is tacitly or overtly condoned.
13. #11. You're opposed to drawings/images of the Pope?
14. Duffman...You can't force a Free People to respect any man whether, it is the Pope or Mohammed. It is up to the Individual to respect another man or not. That is their Freedom of Choice. It is NEVER the right of any group to demand respect of their particular icon. Only Tyrants demand respect!
Who is kidding?
I'm not surrendering a right that my forefathers faught and died protecting cuz these a##holes are "offended."
If we are setting the precedent that murder and terrorism is an acceptable response to being "offended"- let's get EVERYONE on the same page, because it's clear we are not.
Don't look for any mohammed cartoons from the likes of John Stewart, Bill Mahr or Colbert.
Those brave men only lampoon religion when they attack christianity otherwise they cower in their PC holes.
They collectively don't have the cajones to piss off the jihadis (like certain danish and swedish cartoonists).
17. All I would ask is a clear demonstration of good 'home training', with an attempt at clear respect for HUMAN beings and their culture.
If Christians have to put up with such crap masquerading as art as the 'Piss Christ' and an elephant dung covered Virgin Mary, then the crybaby muslims can live with drawings of Mohammed.
I don't care if muslims are offended. I would suggest that the lady cartoonist in Seattle become acquainted with her Second Amendment rights, and not to so easily give up her rights under the first.
Address your drivel to the throat slitters who consider good home training to put a death threat on anyone's life who offends them.
I consider good home training as- NOT - threatening the lives of people who offend me. That is where the bar is being set. When EVERYONE abides by that, let's revisit this discussion about home training. I'll request honor killings and execution of homos to be part of that discussion.
Duffman: To me it's simple 'respect'...as a Catholic I wouldn't want it done/said about the Pope either.
If Catholics threatened to kill people for drawing the Pope, I'd be in favor of drawing the Pope.
21. Duffman #11:
But would you cut their head off with a knife if they did it? Would the Knights of Columbus or the College of Cardinals cut their head off? Would the Salvation Army call for murdering them? Would Archbishop Brunett issue a fatwa, and promise eternal salvation to whomever killed the one who drew the Pope?
No, none of these things would happen. Only practicioners of the religion of peace seem to fly into a murderous rage, as a policy, when offended. That is intolerant, medieval, and incompatible with modern western civilization.
We will not let the enlightenment be reversed without fighting back, because civilization and our kids' and grandkids' future is at stake. We will not allow our progeny to be enslaved in a demented caliphate. Hopefully, billions will not have to die in this battle.
Several years ago there was another South Park episode that depicted Mohammed. No outcry occurred at the time. Now, however, you can only read about it on Wikipedia because Comedy Central is too chicken to stream it anymore.
23. I don't believe it to be an Islamist trait, only a radical faction. Not totally unlike a radical faction of pedophiles we have hiding within the confines of our Church.
Daniel @ 3,
the reason that they don't want him drawn is because they don't want an image of Mohammed to become an idol in place of Allah.
Obviously in becoming legalistic about these rules they have, in a sense, created the perception that he is an idol anyway, but that is not the original intention.
For those of you who want to be antagonistic about this... well, I guess you've accomplished your goal.
(No, I'm not Muslim, I'm Christian)
The muslims threaten to murder us, and WE are the ones being antagonistic?
Wake up, man!
It's time to stop all this PC nonsense. Either we believe in liberty or we don't. Stand up and fight before it's gone.
26. I wouldn't be kidding around about this folks.
I'm not kidding around, Duff.
They are deathly serious. So am I.
Their religion demands we convert, appease or die. I don't - and never will - accept any of those demands, and they need to know that straight up.
This is a non-violent action to show we will not be cowered into submission. If they want to raise the stakes over a bunch of cartoons, they'd better pack a lunch and bring a lot of friends.
27. I too would take them out, or anyone trying to do harm to me or family. I am well armed, but believe in treading softly and carrying a big stick approach. No need to destroy the forest when but a few trees are threatening to fall on you.
#27. So you will cede your freedom to them, for the sake of not being put in danger?
That's exactly the problem.
Not all Muslims threatened to murder you, a few idiots did. But congratulations, now you're doing what atheists do to us Christians, to all Muslims, all because a few of them are idiots.
It's like watching an adolescent brother and sister go back and forth, except one has all the most badass military technology in the world and the other has a semtex vest, and no parents are around to stop them from using them on each other.
30. @24, Andrew Brown...If you truly believe that they don't want him drawn is because, they don't want an image of Mohammed to become an idol in place of Allah then, you better think again. It is just, a Phony excuse to give reason to not to have his image drawn. The real reason is because, they consider Mohammed to be sacred and to have his image drawn is an affront to Islam. Bottom Line: If non-believers drew an image of Mohammed why would they care in the least? It is not as though the non-believers are going to pray to Mohammed...Right? Get Real! No, the Muslims want to have their way and control over all of mankind...PERIOD! This is well proved by their conduct of slaughtering of the so-called infidels who disagree with them. Only Liberals are Dumb enough to support such actions and rights of the so-called affronted Muslims. Liberals are the obedient Fools and supporters of any Tyrant or Oppression that comes along. Liberals are the supportive Dupes of the Enemies of Freedom...PERIOD!
If the moderate Muslims are offended, they could use their home training (throat slitting) on the few idiots offending the rest of the world with death threats, then the rest of the world would not see a need assert their right to free speech.
Don't you find it odd that there is no one on their side of the fence apologizing or whining about their manners? Everyone in Shashank prison was innocent, they are all victims of the rest of the world who were prior to these death threats were minding their own business.
32. Andy, do you apologize for the acts of others of your religion? I doubt it, because they are individually responsible, and you shouldn't need to.
lol @ you. Enough said.
For someone that claims to be a libertarian, I'm confused why Andrew Brown feels threatened by a few, simple and mundane cartoon depictions of Mahammad. If you're going to do the same to other religions, why is Islam off limits?
As for antagnostic, I'd say chasing down and stabbing someone to death in the street is a pretty extreme overreaction to a cartoon or critique of this "religion of peace", Don't you?
Andrew Brown, you are soooooo enlightened and sophisticated! How dare us commoner dolts even question you.
Psuedo-intellectual fools like you are what's wrong with this county. You are so 'open-minded' that all of your common sense has fallen out.
When people in the name of "my religion" start flying airplanes into buildings, performing honor killings, and threaten to kill others who are exercising their rights to free speech, let's have that conversation.
I don't believe in killing abortion doctors, but who am I to impose my beliefs on anyone else?
37. Silence I Keel You!! Except Andrew he good Dhimmi
In comparisons between Chistianity and Islam such as Duffman @ 23, there is a key component that is often overlooked.
There is no organized or sanctioned member of any Christian church actively campaigning or sanctioning pedophiles or violence. And if there was, they'd be out on their asses in a quick minute.
But, it's quite common in Islam for clerics to pronounce fatwas on us "Infidels," and to regularly preach hatred and violence in mosques, even in Western cities like London. And those clerics are not called out, reprimanded, or expunged by any level of leadership within Islam.
If Islam wants to be taken seriously, they can clean up the organized pronouncements of violence, misogyny, hatred toward gays, etc. within their religion. Until then, they can expect a lot of ridicule from the rest of the world as a bare minimum of consequence.
@ 23 Duffman-Not totally unlike a radical faction of pedophiles...
Like Muhammad, whom according to all known historical data took a 9 year old wife. Draw from that fact what you will, and I mean that quite literally.
40. Well, all I can add is that 'thank goodness' we as a country occassionally get fine distinguished gentlemen such as Mexican President Philippe Calderon come and give speeches in OUR Congress advising us on 'core values'. To hear him condemn AZ and have the Democratic congress give him a 'standing ovation' was priceless. If we can tolerate THAT, we can tolerate ANYthing.
Kato, are you an alternate ego of Daniel? I wasn't at all rude to you.
Do you really believe you are responsible for the actions of all the other members of your religion such that you need to apologize for them?
I thought we respected personal responsibility on here.
You are absolutely Right...Jeff B. However, do you think Islam would ever make the necessary changes to be considered righteous and acceptable to the West? Of course Not! Mohammed was a warrior and converting his conquered enemies by force to his religion was a way to cement forever their allegiance to him through Islam. Pretty clever, eh?
By force and coercion is the way most of Islam is spread and retained amongst the conquered. Plus, as you know, if any Muslim converts to Christianity, there is a death sentence upon him. Such a Deal!
41. I don't know who Daniel is, other than an occassional poster on this site; we are not the same person.
No, I don't feel responsible for the acts of my fellow Catholics or other Christians.
However, if the Pope had issued the equivalent of a fatwa calling for the murder of the 'piss Chist' so-called artist, I would have been first in line to condemn such a thing.
This is an issue where we should all be in agreement. Our acquiescence to muslim demands is perceived by them not at tolerance, but as weakness. We are only inviting more threats with our lack of moral clarity on this matter.
44. Apologists for Islam please take note. There have been over 15,000 Islamic terror attacks worldwide since 9/11, but I don't see Muslims flocking into the streets to denounce this kind of activity. Religion of peace? Give me a break.
Muslims don't have the equivalent of a pope.
They have radical clerics and they have much more moderate clerics, and you've completely ignored the condemnations that they have offered up as well.
examples can be found here: http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php
Duffman @ 40: My feelings can be summed up in two words, regarding your post: "freaking seriously!"
47. @41, Andrew Brown...Wake Up! Wrongful actions perpetrated by any Christians is the sole responsibility of the perpetrator for he is acting outside the tenets of the Christian religion. Therefore, no apology would be necessary in defending Christian principles. However, Islam does support violence against others inside and outside of Islam. Get it? Naah...You're Liberal!
Duffman, do church-goers take to the streets after Sunday sermons screaming about killing people?
This happens when Muslims leave Mosques after sermons they hear.
49. Daniel... lol @ you, again.
50. #48 NO, we don't! But you must realize - we have the NFL and Budweiser. :)
51. Gee...Andrew Brown. Another Brilliant reply to my comment. You are so capable and learned. What a Laugh!
52. Pssst. Andrew. They want you just as dead as they do us.
53. My cartoon character would have horns, a forked tail and carry a pitchfork, as Islam's god is most certainly the devil.
Andrew, I know that muslims don't have the equivalent of a Pope. Thanks for more leftist condescension. Appreciate that!
I hope you don't think that by being nice to muslims that they won't also saw off your head.
You can ask Daniel Pearl about that one. He went to Pakistan to seek out al Qaeda to get their side of the story. Come to think of it, you can't ask Daniel Pearl about that one because they SAWED OFF HIS HEAD.
Kato, just to be clear, my answer was not intended in a condescending fashion. If questioning your premises makes me leftist, then whatever, I guess. On this site everyone's leftist unless they agree with you on everything, but such is life here.
Did you want to respond to the link I left, where other Muslims have spoken out against terrorism, or continue to just act as though these people - many of whom live among us and work with us in our daily lives - are a bunch of barbaric savages who all cut off peoples heads?
There are 1.5 BILLION Muslims in the world; many don't like us - and for good reason in at least some of those cases - but if you are making the assertion that there are 1.5 billion Muslims who would cut off your head if you anger them, then that would be pretty dumb in my opinion, and you can take THAT as condescension. However, I don't think even the folks on sound politics would make such a blanket statement.
Regardless, just like their anger over the drawings is unnecessary legalism in their religion, and childish, drawing them to piss them off is just as childish. That's really my only point here.
Saltherring, just wonder if you know that Allah is their word for God, as in the God of Abraham, you know, the Christian God. The one that they show more respect for than most Western Christians do.
Maybe you do; I've met a few people who didn't realize that Muslims worship the same God as Christians, just they don't believe that Jesus died for our sins, and the rest of the Christian salvation story.
They still show more respect for Jesus than most Americans do, though - they won't even mention Him without saying 'peace be upon him'.
Somehow, someway, the civilized people in this world have to drag Islam into the 21st century- heck, i'd settle for the 12th century for that matter, gotta start some place. If we have to draw caricatures of their symbolic idol muhammad in order to achieve that goal, I can live with that.
The irony here is that the so-called enlightened "progressives" make excuses for a religion and its followers that are stuck in the 7th century.
Andrew, of course there are muslims who aren't lunatics. But that's not really relevant unless those muslims actually do something about their less rational brethren. It's kinda like saying that not all Germans were Nazis. True, but so what? Millions died anyway.
As for muslims having respect for Christ it is unfortunate that such respect apparently does not extend to His followers. Most Christians have been either murdered in or driven out of most muslim controlled lands. To the extent that they haven't, they are forced to accept second class (at best) status.
Anyhow, these are the last people we should be allowing to tell us what we can watch, write, draw or say. That's my point here.
#58 Rick D.
I agree it's time to bring the clueless into the 21st Century.
Radical Islam is a cult of cavemen with AK-47's and the same violent goals as their warlord founder.
Liberal Progressives are mentally and emotionally unstable, as is every socialist who has sought 'to get it right, this time'.
Evangelical Conservatives have their heads up their butts if they think what's going on in the Tea Party is an endorsment of their thinking.
There, have I offended everyone now?
Pissing off the children of the corn types with a cartoon is kind of amusing to watch though and if need be, I will use my Second Amendment Rights to insure your First Amendment Rights to Draw Mohammed any time you all feel the need.
62. Imagine if Christians threatened detractors. The left would be up in arms.
63. I've never forgotten this: boxer Mike Tyson on the eve of a fight, "I wan't to eat your children! Praise be to Allah!"
Great fun to see MikeBoyScout, (aka Justin), totally lose it at #61.
Every conservative has had the experience of attempting to discuss politics with liberals. They go nuts. They scream at you. If you are at a tea party event they flip you off from the safety of their cars.
Tell them you watch Fox and they get instantly hacked off. Lots of peace, love and tolerance.
Woody Allen wants Obama to be a "dictator" for a few years.
Watch how the left really acts and it entirely reveals who they actually are. They are not different from Marx, Mao, Lenin, Che, and Castro.
65. If a culture that executes homos, honor kills their women, and issues death threats for drawings doesn't like me, I'll get an extra hour of very sound sleep for the peace and satisfaction that I have pissed them off with a drawing.
Twenty years later Salman Rushdie is still in hiding.........in hiding because of his "blasphemy".
Western liberalism is enabling islamic religious fanatacism in a similar fashion to the way the policy of appeasement enabled totalitarian dictators in the 1930s. There appears to be a wilfull disbelief from liberals in response to the violent statements and deadly violent actions coming from islamic extremist individuals, groups and governments despite lots of evidence (and a growing body count) indicating they mean exactly what they say.
Whether they murder the likes of Theo Van Gogh on a street in Holland, set fire to a swedes house due to a cartoon or threaten an entire nation (israel) with nuclear annihlation....they are deadly serious. Pretending otherwise is stupid.
Our founding fathers were serious too. That's why they wrote the second amendment.
68. Here's a question...Do you think Liberals who would, have and do make the bottom of the barrel of all mankind by representing and being good Socialists, Nazis, Communists etc., would also, make good radical Islamists as well? Just, a thought.
69. Yes, it's entirely fascinating that leftists never challenge muslims. Muslims oppress women, oppose abortion, and often will not let women even drive a vehicle. Do you ever hear the cowards on the left speak out against them? No, they are too busy filing lawsuits against Christians who put up a cross someplace. What a bunch of cowards.
70. Both statism/collectivism and Islam have the common goal of the submission of the individual to the group doctrine. Fellow philosophical travelers.
Hooray! A holiday that the left and the right can celebrate together!
@68: Hardly. Conservatives and hardcore Islamists are both quite alike in that they both would prefer the Stone Age to present day.
@69: No, militant right-wing Islamists suppress women. And in terms of "cowards on the left" speaking out... plenty DO. It's just that conservatives are too dim to realize that not all Muslims believe the same things.
demo kid, show me one example of the left speaking out against how muslims treat women, or muslims stand on abortion.
I bet you cannot.
73. Demo Liar...You're such a congenital constant chronic Liar. You love to spew Lies. It makes you feel good. Yeah...Right! It is the Conservatives when they gather, leave litter, impede traffic and interfere with ones Freedom of Movement. It is the Conservatives that Riot, Burn and Kill the Innocent along with Babies with their millions of Abortions. Yeah, Liberals represent the pinnacle of Human achievement. What a Joke!
74. Daniel, in Seattle we have "Critical Mass" which is a group of bicycle zealots who block traffic the last Friday of every month. Do Seattle Police do anything? Of course they don't. They are intimidated by the left like every big city police department.
A whole collection of Mohammed cartoons from the Objective Standard:
"Islamists have called for the murder of Salman Rushdie, and have attempted to assassinate him, for his "blasphemous" depiction of Mohammed in his novel The Satanic Verses . . . Islamists slit the throat of Theo van Gogh and stuck a knife in his chest for directing the film Submission, which depicted Islamic violence against women . . . Islamists have threatened to murder Ayaan Hirsi Ali for writing the script and doing the voiceover for Submission . . . Islamists have attempted to assassinate Kurt Westergaard for drawing cartoons of Mohammed . . . Islamists have attempted to assassinate Geert Wilders for producing the film Fitna, which showed that the Koran calls for violence against infidels . . . Islamists have threatened to murder Matt Stone and Trey Parker for depicting Mohammed dressed as a bear in a South Park cartoon . . .
When will this end? Certainly not before those of us who recognize the vital nature of the freedom of speech speak up against such evil.
When and to the extent that individuals are forbidden to express their views, whether by force or threat thereof, they are unable to function in a manner fully conducive to human life; they are unable to act fully on their basic means of living, the judgment of their mind; thus, they are unable to live fully as human beings. They might not be murdered (as van Gogh was). They might not have to go into hiding or have 24/7 security (as Rushdie, Ali, Wilders, and others have had to do). But, to the extent that individuals are forbidden to express their views, their lives are throttled (as Stone and Parker's have been).
Recognition of this fact is what gives rise to the moral right to freedom of speech: the truth that people morally must be left free to express their views regardless of what others think or feel about those views. This right is not an opinion, nor a gift from "God," nor a permission from government; it is the recognition of an immutable fact--the fact that a fully human life requires the freedom of expression.
Freedom of speech is also the last leg of civilized society. If we lose it, our only means of returning to a state in which we can live as human beings is to take up arms against those who have forbidden us to speak.
For these reasons, The Objective Standard is participating in "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day." Below are forty-four drawings of Mohammed with the respective artist's name under each.
We will not be silenced. Ever."
dk clings to his mystical beliefs about a monolithic conservative entity.
If ever there was a "people of faith" it's the leftists and their willing devotion to Obama and another trillion or ten of debt as a means to salvation and economic success.
77. Correction: Bill K...Freedom of Speech is a gift from God. It is one of our precious unalienable Rights given to us from God and that Right is represented in code/writing as part of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
Here is a little different take on EDMD. What it might have looked like if he actually had founded a religion of peace.
79. Duffman, you must be French. I can smell you from here. Next to Obama and Congress, the biggest threat to America are the muslim trash who have made it clear their intentions. I say why wait, start dropping some nukes before its too late.
80. Correction: Daniel. Rights are not "gifts" of a god or the state but an absolute necessity for man's survival on earth. Rights are not entitlements to goods or services but pertain to our freedom of action in a social context. We are free to do what we want as long as we do not violate the rights of others. God is not needed to explain the necessity and moral virtue of individual rights.
81. @80 Exactly. Freedom and individual rights are derived from the metaphysics of volitional conciousness. All societal or governmental rights are trumped by individual rights. The state exists as an extension of our individual inalienable rights to our own lives. And not the other way around.
82. @80, Bill K and Jeff B...It is God who gives us Life and Existence to begin with. It is God who has given us a Free Will and Consciousness. It is not, man who gives himself Life, Consciousness and Free Will. Bottom Line: Unalienable Rights come from God not from man.
Let's not forget, these are the same people who defended the right of the "artists" of "piss christ" and the tax funded pornography of robert mapplethorpe.
Don't you dare offend the moslems though, you have no right to draw a cartoon - evil conservative neanderthals. It's okay to offend middle america though because I'm more sophisticated and intellectual than them.
Twisted liberal illogic.
Examples of the wisdom that can be found on Sound Politics:
* Calling for pre-emptive nuclear strikes on people of a given religion whether they have harmed you or not
* Generalization of all Muslims as savages that want to cut my head off (which is an outright LIE, like you guys accuse liberals of doing, since I have many Muslim friends who get along with me just fine, as a devout Christian of the Mars Hill variety)
* Complete misunderstanding of the tenets of Islam (I guess it's easier to call them "liberals" if you make sure you never read a single word of their beliefs... ... ... LOL HAHAHA)
* Extreme irony displayed by one gentleman who points out that if you attempt to discuss politics with liberals, they will scream at you, call names, etc - while completely ignoring that all that has been said in this thread is "lolol you're a liberal so you're a liar and a muslim terrist lover"
I'm a libertarian/conservative mix, but I'm not giving idiots like some of you a free pass just because you take that label on too. Think for yourself and back it up with facts - for starters, try making a post without calling someone a liberal as your primary point - and we'll talk.
85. I have the quarter moon on my outhouse in eastern Washington I call my little Mosque. Will that due?
Andrew Brown states Muslims worship the same God as Christians do.
False. Muslims do not worship the same God as Christians and Jews but deny Him by substituting a counterfeit Bible (koran) that does not honor the true God (our Creator), or His Son, Jesus Christ. Allah is a false god, dreamed up by Muslims.
And comparing any grudging and minor "respect" Muslims show for Jesus Christ to straw man "Americans" is a fool's errand. Muslims have also created their own false "messiah", the pedophile butcher Mohammed, to replace Jesus Christ's rightful place on the thrown of Heaven.
There can only be one truth. Read your Bible to find it.
Amusing isn't it. I challenged demo kid to come up with a single leftist who has spoken out about how muslims treat women or their anti abortion views.
The silence is deafening.
Allah is the word for God in their language, referring to the same living God that Christians and Jews worship.
The God of Abraham, the one that told Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac - you know, the guy that became the father of the Jews, and Ishmael, the guy that became the father of what is now Islam.
Andrew Brown...Mohammed borrowed what he needed from the Judeo-Christian faith to form his own religion. He called his new religion Islam. He used the familiar name of Allah which among the Pagan tribes was the name they called their Moon God. He tied the familiarity of Allah into his new religion so the conquered Pagans would more easily accept his new religion. He design his Islam as a tool to be used upon his enemies as he conquered and expanded his territories. As stated before, Mohammed was a warrior and converting his conquered enemies by force to his religion was a way to cement forever their allegiance to him through Islam.
Bottom Line: He misused God's name in forming his religion of Islam. God has given a warning that he reserves special punishment to those who misuse his name. Woe to Mohammed.
Daniel @ 89:
You are correct. Satan uses many devices to deceive and lead people away from the true God, most often through some form of counterfeit religion. Satan tries to convince them that there is more than one way to the true God.
God's Word says otherwise:
Jesus says, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me." John 14:6
Yes, Daniel, Woe to Mohammed. And woe to all who choose to believe the lies of a counterfeit religion.
91. I just wanted everyone to know,
I drew Mohammed in the snow,
with my yellow crayon.
He seemed to busy to care,
so I gave him,
a funny mustache too.