February 28, 2010
Sewer of Corruption (LI)
Democrats on the House Ways & Means Committee voted to eliminate funding for The Washington State Executive Ethics Board, which:
investigates complaints against public employees accused of misusing state computers and other resources. It also trains state workers on ethics rules.
But this isn't actually needed, according to Rep. Jeannie Darneille, D-Tacoma, who proposed the cut, because:
"The rules are known and people are expected to follow the rules"
There you go. Problem solved
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at February 28, 2010
05:20 PM | Email This
Hey, government ethics boards are for little more than show anyway. The existence of the board simply creates the facade that ethics is a concern of the government. By eliminating funding for the Ethics Board, state Democrats are basically declaring what only informed voters already know; that there is no ethical restraints in Washington State Government anyway.
By this Democrat's logic, let's just get rid of all law enforcement and courts too. We can rely on people to just adhere to the law voluntarily.
Seriously, just one more reason why Democrats are unfit to govern.
2. I'm sorry, but $492,000 for 67 cases with 11 of those resulting in fines? Why would anyone defend those results? How is this board not duplicating efforts?
3. I've always said that Democrats and ethics are mutually exclusive; good to see the State Democrats have confirmed it.
4. I'm going to need some refreshing, but it kind of reminds me of when Brian Sonntag, one of the few good democrats around here, tried to go ahead with performance audits and had to fight an uphill battle against the establishment, who couldn't be bothered to trim some fat and learn how to be efficient.
No surprise here. When you have single party rule many of the designed checks and balances are no longer much of a control.
Just look at our DC 'leadership', a high-placed member of congress (Rangle) found to be 'ethically challenged' and the syndicate leader(Pelosi) brushes it off as a triffle.
Bottom line, this type of behavior has consequences. Hope that incumbants feel the pain over the next 6 Novembers.
This is why Eric Holder wants to try terrorists in civilian courts. Democrat trust knows no reason. This is also why they believe in Global Warming because Al Gore made a great slide show, etc. Gullible people.
Darneille wants to remove the hurdle of ethics to make it easy for Democrats and their sycophants to achieve their ends without having to justify the means.
Well, not that an ethics board would stop a Democrat.
I have to disagree with you on this one.
I've worked in Olympia and I can tell you ethics boards, sensitivity training and all the other do nothing programs are just fluff. A waste of time and money.
People who are crooked are always crooked. Frankly they just need to make it easier to fire slackers and the problem will go away.
8. @6...You're Right, Jeff B...Democrats/Liberals are the Easy Believers, Gullible and Sucker Class of Mankind. They are the GODLESS Blind Dolts that can be herded up like Cattle and stampeded in any direction their Elitist Masters/Tyrants wish. However, you are Wrong about Eric Holder wanting to try terrorist in civilian courts because, he is Gullible and thinks of them as worthy enough to be tried in civilian courts. He wants them to be tried in civilian courts to allow his trial lawyer friends to have a smorgasbord at Taxpayers Expense...PERIOD!
9. Ethics, We don't need no stinkin ethics
10. Vince: That makes sense. If it's ineffective and just wastes more money, then there is no need for it. I do applaud the work of the state auditors, though.
We have a Democrat in Olympia who has succumbed to common sense!
Next, she will proclaim her support for abolishment of the Dept of Licensing since we all know what the rules are. Followed by swinging her support for converting WA into a right to work state as employers all know what the rules are.
Oops, sorry, too good to be true.......
But you have to give the Democrats props for openly defunding the Ethics Board.
That's far better than just appointing some do-nothing to run it and refuse to investigate, much less prosecute, ethical violations.
You know, like Doc Hastings.
13. "As long as the ethics violations don't endanger the country, they are totally acceptable, and even embraced." - Nancy Pelosi
14. I work for government and complain about ethics volilations on a regular basis. It is prevalent in government.
Without the ethics board, there are no checks and balances.
As for Darneille, what turnip cart did she fall off?
15. "The rules are known and people are expected to follow the rules". LOL!!! So I guess no one's going to view porn on state computers anymore, or do anything else objectionable, etc. Is this woman really serious?
16. No need for an ethics board to investigate ethics that apparently no longer exist in Olympia.
17. "The rules are known and people are expected to follow the rules". Better yet, why don't we eliminate the State Patrol, since we all know what speed limits are, and had to know the rules of the road to get a license!
18. When it comes to ethics and integrity for democrats, it's like oil and water.
How many of your complaints resulting in people loosing their jobs?
audiovox auto dvd racing car audio
auto dvd player reviews http://www.cardvdplanet.com/buy-cheap-car-dvd6.html cathedral city auto audio
aams auto audio mastering system auto dvd players
cathedral city auto audio http://www.cardvdplanet.com/car-cd-mp3-player-with-usb-sd-mmc-cd144--discount-price39.html custom auto audio systems
audiovox auto dvd car audio for subaru legacy
chrysler concorder factory car audio amplifier http://www.cardvdplanet.com/gps-car-dvd-player-online-store4.html auto audio for sale