September 24, 2009
It's not about the environment. It's about the power.
A good article in the Times today about a Bellevue man who's been waiting a year to move into his new home on Coal Creek. The city refuses to issue him an occupancy permit until he, among other things, reduce the size of a pond being used as a salmon hatchery.
So here's a guy who's trying to do right by the environment, creating a salmon hatchery and spawn stream to replenish the depleting salmon population in Lake Washington, and the city is bullying him in to taking it out all in the name of environmentalism. This makes about as much sense as the WEA saying it's all about the children.
Posted by MarkGriswold at September 24, 2009
09:44 AM | Email This
1. If you poke the Bear, the Bear will eat you!
2. The comments in the linked article are very illuminating. Sounds like a jerk who is trying cover up all his illegal actions with "but I build a salmon hatchery!".
3. This is an example of having more Government than necessary. Government loves to govern whether, it is necessary not. It is made up of people who not only like feeling important, they take great enjoyment of having a Power Trip over the Rights of others. Yes, the more layers of Government that is stacked on top of you such as, the addition of the City stacked on top of Federal, State and County has proved, a great cost, one too many layers meaning, the City, as being the final crippling assault on your property rights. Yet, we the Tax Payers are paying these parasites to steal our Earnings and Liberty. Such a Deal!
4. It's not like any of these environmentalists would force someone to cut down pre-existing trees so they could use solar panels...
5. Our founding fathers would call for a new armed revolt to restore the Republic if they saw what our government was doing to us. Even Jefferson and Hamilton would agree on this.
So let me get this straight... there are rules in place, and folks here suggest that they should be violated just because they don't agree with them?
Laughable. Truly laughable.
8. Interesting viewpoint. To me he sounds like another rich jerk who think the rules don't apply to him. Then when he gets called on it he cries about government interference.
9. FTFG? That's a new one and urbandictionary doesn't have a definition. Will someone enlighten me?