September 09, 2009
Ex-Seattle Mayor Wes Uhlman & Lt. Gov. Brad Owen back Susan Hutchison
An elected Democrat and a long-retired elected Democrat gave their support to Susan Hutchison for King County Executive. The race is officially nonpartisan, but everyone knows the alignment of the candidates.
Lt. Governor Owen is pretty conservative for a Democrat, but he has been elected to his state-wide office. State Auditor Brian Sontag has also endorsed Susan.
Uhlman was mayor of Seattle from 1969 to 1977 and the loser to a surprise upstart marine biologist Dixie Ray Lee in the 1976 Democratic primary for Governor.
In the King 5/Survey USA poll Hutchison leads by a narrow 47% to 44% margin.
Posted by Ron Hebron at September 09, 2009
07:47 PM | Email This
1. Being that ex-Seattle Mayor Wes Uhlman and Lt. Gov. Brad Owen are both Democrats and they are backing Susan Hutchison who is more of a Conservative, you know the election is in the bag for Susan Hutchison. This is despite the King5 poll that Hutchison leads only by a narrow margin of 46% to Dow's 44%. The two Democrat politicians know that Hutchison lead is greater than reported or they would not have put their names on the line in supporting Hutchison.
She has 3 votes at this house.
Change is coming to King County Exec's office! No more corruption. hoo-rah
3. I have asked her campaign and yet to get a response. will she cut any county programs?
4. @1: Seriously? Hutchison is a laughable candidate at best, and a true testament to the shallow talent pool in the local Republican party....
5. demo shit...The creditability of your comments have long ago been proved to be a meaningless ZERO!
6. I think it comes down to this, Dow is the candidate for the Seattle eliets and there allies, Susan Hutchinson is the candidate for the rest of King County, including those in Seattle who are not part of the elite network of Seattle.
@5: And yours are brilliant? Hardly. Anyone that would stoop to using "shit" as an ad hominem has run out of ideas a long time ago.
Simply put, Susan Hutchison is a blank slate. She has no experience, no identifiable positions on major issues, and the only traction she has is based on her photogenic looks and the fact that she is a "Republican" in a nonpartisan race.
So the choice is a "blank slate" or an entrenched politician who's responsible for creating the current fiasco at King County Government?
Seems like an easy choice... Change we can believe in, or more of the same?
9. Simply put, Susan Hutchison is a blank slate. She has no experience, no identifiable positions on major issues, and the only traction she has is based on her photogenic looks and the fact that she is a "Republican" in a nonpartisan race.
Funny thing is, I actually agree with you. And she's STILL better then Dow Constantine. To quote a certain former President: "I don't have Mr. Carter's experience, I wouldn't be caught dead with it."
I'd rather have a blank slate then a proven failure.
10. I hope Hutchison wins my parents live in King County and they need those bafoons replaced in the worst way (including Dow Constatine the head of this mess!! (remember the voting nightmare the state is still paying dearly for!!)
11. demo@7...Calling you demo shit is a very apt and descriptive term having a connotative meaning that is well placed. You consistently, willfully and deliberately issue inflammatory condescending Blab on just about everything you post. So, on that bases, you have proved yourself to be exactly that...a Shit!
I just hope we aren't being deceived by Hutchison.
Wouldn't be the first time.
What was that name of that "Law and Order" Republican sheriff that ran for Congress?
You know the one that Ron Sims appointed.
14. Send Susan hutchison some campaign donation money and put up some yard signs. Any money you send to her will certainly be cheaper than having Dow Constantine drilling into your wallet. I can't imagine myself agreeing with Dow Constantine about anything anyway.
I would be willing to do this so long as Hutchison (or a supporter) can tell me what program(s) she plans to cut. So far I can not get anyone to answer this question.
#15 - Check out her website and it will tell you her platform and how she will attempt to re-instill fiscal responsibility.