March 26, 2009
California Looks to Ban Black Cars
And it is not even April Fool's Day yet. This is real. Dark colors make your car hotter meaning you use more AC meaning you use more fossil fuels meaning you are killing the planet.
Cross-posted on <pudge/*>.
Posted by pudge at March 26, 2009
08:28 AM | Email This
1. Obviously this is a vain attempt by California to disguise the real culprit behind this legislation....institutional racism.
And there will need to be a "Department of Car Color," with a staff of 13 to regulate and enforce the car dealers to make sure they are staying within the quotas.
And a huge "black" market will develop for black cars.
Hollywood movie stars and politicians will have no problem getting the banned colors.
Goldy will say that, although he is not for increased regulation of things like car color, "this just makes sense."
3. Er, isn't that a good thing in the northern parts?
4. Hmmm, might this also apply to 'black' helicopters?
5. They would be better off banning forest fires.
6. Hmm, I have a black car. Foreign brand too. Oh well, not that I needed another reason NOT to go to Kalifornia, but I won't be going for sure now.
7. Uh-oh, all dark-haired folks take heed: Dye or Die! LOL
8. The thing about Government with all the excesses, over-staffing, unending meetings, duplicity of departments and agencies, they really, as individuals, have a lot of time on their hands. They sit in these boring meetings searching for something to add whether it is needed or not. The end results you get a lot of unnecessary proposals that are more counterproductive than productive. You get a bunch of excessive regulations requiring the expansion of Government, more Taxes and a reduction of personal Liberties. It's an unending process. From the Freedom of Choice destroying Seat Belt laws and now, a limit to the choice of color of the car you drive. This trend will continue until there is nothing left of your Liberty and your Money. Such a Deal!
Sad thing is that there exist many liberals who just suck up whatever BS the politicians spew out and cannot make their own decisions about what color car to have, or what kind of light bulb to own, or where to set their thermostat.
Problem here is that a great portion of the population are children who vote for parents to take care of them.
This is why I call leftists "controllers".
And we ain't seen nothin' yet.
Sort of related, I heard that in some California public schools St. Patrick's Day is now referred to as "Potato Day". The start, no doubt, of the left's war on St. Patrick's Day.
11. Good Post, Gary @9....Yes, it is a Sad thing for the rest of us who have to put with being Mommy to death.
12. @ 10- It's already happening Bill. The key for leftists to get statist control is to start the indoctrination while they're young...and what better vehicle than the Disney Channel to mold young little minds into the good little liberal fascists of tomorrow?
A person who eagerly gives up their car color to the government will give up anything.
Let's hear it from those who will. I want to know how you guys get through the day.
Exactly, Rick D. It's why they resist school choice. It's all about brainwashing.
And the left never ever stops.
Here in Seattle we now are compelled to separate our food waste and stick it in the yard waste bin...but oh no we can't wrap those stinking crab shells in plastic. They're suggestion; put the smelly garbage in your freezer until pickup day.
You don't have to make this up.
And it's easy for them to get people to do this because people are conditioned to just follow orders. Hell, a whole bunch of people are going to turn their lights for an hour Saturday night at a specific time, because they're being told to.
Cannot think for themselves.
I swear I will only drive it at night or when the ambient air temperature is forecast to be 50 degrees or less.
Crews of 10 climbed into B-17's took off towards an advancing darkness that was killing millions and wanted to turn the world into a 'perfect state'. Shot up, Shot down, killed instantly by flack or saw their fellow Americans meet a fate they never the less went without reserve knowing that freedom was at stake. Many made it home as well. But the battle never ends. They did this so we could fight on from strength and wipe this stuff out even if now they are only firing away with regulations to create a 'perfect state'.
They did not do what they did so all of these cowards can do what they do. The chickens are without place of standing regardless what they and their lawyers claim. Don't forget to tell them so. They are cowards!
17. if I lived there I would buy 4 white cars line them up in driveway and run them 24/7 with AC on max then run air ducts from each car to my house just to cool it down...
18. What difference does it make if everyone drives the 'right' colored car, when Algore and his friends are still flying around in private jets? Why aren't they outlawing private jets???
hellpig, that would be one way around the meters Obama wants to put in our house to tell us what temperature to set them our thermostats to.
And there are those who would say, "Meters that tell me what to do? That's fantastic!" "Turn off
my lights at 8:30 on Saturday? OK! When can I turn them back on?"
(I use a Patrick voice from "Spongebob" when I think of them saying these things.)
20. Thank God I'm bald!
21. no wonder they are fleeing California in record droves...we should make billboards for each freeway exit out of state..telling the conservatives/repubs to move to Washington so we could consolidate our voting base to oust the leftwing bankruptsy government
FOLKS.... This is the left.
We told you the crazies would pull this stuff.
Obviously this profiling!
Where is the NAACP when you need them?
A ssociation of
seen another not sure if it was here or not?
26. Banning black cars is racist and is just another example of the Man trying to keep brothers down.
Jive, California turkeys...
27. It would seem that all those in California that are making the "rules and regulations" are on CRACK!! As if there isn't anything else that would be of more importance for them to be spending their time on. Like something that might actually help the local residents, not cause them more grief and money. Oh silly me.
I wonder what color the hearse that carries the body of what once was a great state will be?
Oh wait! I know... RAINBOW colored!
29. Oh my GOD! There goes the ubiquitous 'little black dress'declared by the fashionista's to be THE most important piece of a wardrobe!... and black bikini's!
This is going to going to be a big problem for UPS. Are they going to have to change their slogan to a reflect a lighter shade of brown?
What can beige do for you?
31. Rags: And Goth, too! What are those poor kids going to wear?
32. I think my next car will be black.
33. Next in California we will see that black cars have to have antifeeze and water from a separate fountain...
34. Should I laugh or cry?
35. Gary @ 19: Speaking of Saturday at 8:30 Its Earth Hour on the 28th when everybody is supposed to turn off their lights and sit in the dark. Kate at Small Dead Animals has some different suggestions like letting your heater and AC duke it out and taking the Hummer for a nice long ride
36. I have a sudden urge to paint my luxury sport sedan a flat black color.
37. California should be detached from the rest of the country and pushed into the pacific, where it can be its own perverted island.
38. MSRedneck, although if you really lived up to your redneck heritage, you'd have had that ride of yours rattle-canned primer black long ago:-)
I have to wonder about those inconvenient roofs on homes apartments, businesses and GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS that happen to be dark in color... does a solar panel work as a trade off... you know like planting a tree so you can ride your limo over to catch a flight on your private jet?
I am truly at a loss for words to describe the utter idiocy taking place since the democraps have ascended into total power. I can't decide if they are more frightening with their blatant rude hand gesture actions toward the American people or their Three Stooges incompetency. One thing is certain: they can no longer charge that Bush made us the laughingstock of a world that didn't respect us.
I'm no longer sure that we'll be able to pick up hte pieces.
40. We have a black SUV and my bro-in-law has a dark grey Hummer. So WTF is the State going to do about that? Nada. Arnold and friends can just blow.
41. mike336, yes, I will turn them all on. I want the idiots to sit in the dark while overall electric usage goes *up* for that hour.
We can laugh now about the absurdity of these climate change hysterians here in the U.S., but it's even more scary to see how serious they are about it within the UN.According to a Foxnews article
A United Nations document on "climate change" that will be distributed to a major environmental conclave next week envisions a huge reordering of the world economy, likely involving trillions of dollars in wealth transfer, millions of job losses and gains, new taxes, industrial relocations, new tariffs and subsidies, and complicated payments for greenhouse gas abatement schemes and carbon taxes -- all under the supervision of the world body.
With a bumbling fool like Obamagoo in the oval office, you can be sure he'll have no reservations about putting us under the thumb of the international community any chance he gets.
BTW, California's own estimates are that banning these dark colors will save merely 37,500 tonnes of CO2 per year. By 2040. This is practically a rounding error, and much less than the CO2 expelled by transportation for moviegoers to see "An Inconvenient Truth" in theaters.
Clearly what's needed is for California to come up with a plan to prevent Al Gore from making any more movies.
45. Andrew, that report is a half-truth. They WILL ban black paint IF they can't work out the technical problems of getting it to be sufficiently reflective. So they say "we won't do that," but they actually might, and WOULD if they were to implement the plan today.
The color of vehicles doesn't make much difference because, think about it, only the roof really affects the interior temperature because the doors have considerable airspace and insulation in them compared to the roof, and the rest of the car doesn't wrap around the interior space.
So, worrying about color is at best goofy - no wonder it doesn't make much difference in energy performance.
Glass performance is something to pursue, because it probably is a big contributor to interior heat build up, and in the building world higher performance glass has resulted in significant reductions in energy use over the last 20-years. This is a coating issue - and I wonder if window tints in hot climates take care of this already too.
Light colored roofing - which has become the norm in most flat roof warehouse type buildings, at least in air-conditioning climates has become more typical too - as owners manage their own energy costs.
Reading the posts above, I wonder if the bureaucrats strategy should have been to "ban" white cars, knowing that all of you would react like you are and and want to go out and buy them because you were told you couldn't...
47. another law will be passed by looney CA--with word "black" now made illegal--it will be
called "total wavelength inclusiveabsorbing tint"----TWIT--perfectl befitting the elect-teds and the elect-ors who keep putting them into office and expecting any different...
Some they will round up all black folks and send us all back to Africa because we get too how.They will start with this arguement:Dark skinned folks draw heat and when there are more than 4 of them in a room some study shows that they double the heat index hence requiring more AC so we propose to ban all gathering of such folks.So watch out pastors membership is going down,basket ball teams can only have 4 darkskinned players at anytime on the court,families with more than 4 members will be required break up if living in one home, so Mr President your mother in law will have to go,the quota for the office is 4.Then when folks dont comply they will be sent to Africa.
Oh the white folks will be banned too when winter roles around.Dont worry its an equal opportunity banning system.The light skinned folks will be shipped off to Europe because they didnt attract or produce enough body heat in the winter so they used excessive oil for heating.
But there will be a bill that will suggest a compromise:We propose that every family,sport,church,business office..etc consists of 2 darkskinned persons and 2 lightskinned persons.If more than 4 persons should found in a room there must be for every darkskinned person a lightskinned person vise versa ...but as we all know that would fail because we dont have enough darkskinned folks around.
Oh I am sorry to tell all my conservative friends Mr Obama will qualify to stay.His heritage is mixed so interestingly enough he passes all regulation......oh well at least he will enjoy a perfect environment here.
California wants to be the trend setter for developing a nanny state. The corrupt bureaucrats led by Pres. Obama are in lock-step here. It will take the power of the people - maybe a minor revolution to dislodge this sickening notion, and impending action.
It is time to show the focused outrage toward the US Government (Congress and the Obama Administration) as power has corrupted these jackasses into trying to impose the nanny state on us and take away our freedoms. This is way more than talking points - its a fact and it is coming this way , unless the people rise up and say - over my dead body or something to that effect !
50. F**k BANS and TAXES!!! What happened to FREEDOM???
51. i love lamp