March 05, 2009
The Obama "Administration"
Per this post, the drumbeat goes on...
A major piece of the puzzle to join Tim Geithner at Treasury (that's going well, isn't it?), is withdrawing from consideration. Meanwhile the drip, drip of stories about the general level of vacancy at the Department continues.
Treasury is getting all the attention now for obvious reasons, but the situation at other Departments is clearly just as bad. Obama's in office, but nobody's home.
All of which means regional appointments, like those based in Seattle, may not be filled until next year.
Closing thought: Isn't it tough to implement hope-n-change with a big chunk of one's team as yet undrafted?
Posted by Eric Earling at March 05, 2009
06:07 PM | Email This
Speaking of Geithner, it's pretty rich hearing AP report that Geithner (of all people...) will roll out measures in coming months "to limit the ability of international companies to avoid U.S. taxes."
Geithner....is.....trying to make sure companies PAY THEIR TAXES???
Can you say "No moral standing" to get up there and announce such measures with a straight face???
2. It is obvious that people with talent choose not to sign on to a sinking ship. 30 days from now, Obama will make Jimmy Carter actually look presidential.
Re: Health Care Reform
Read the article below. This smells like another scam. Why is there any kind of a hurry to pass Health Care Reform ? This is another flash and dash moment - Quick, pass it before there is a chance for them to read the details - their mantra.
The Neo-Marxist press is basically complicit in reporting without researching again - it will be Universal Health Care - in his mind, but we'll listen to ideas to appear like we care. The truth is he really doesn't comprehend and it can be questioned if he really cares about the long term damage such an undertaking will cause. He may be a good speaker, but he is economically incompetent ! and an ideologue looking more like a tyrant every day. Chicago ward politics at a National Level.
"However, he conceded at a White House summit that opinions vary widely on exactly what to do and said that winning quick approval for historic and stunningly expensive legislation won't be easy."
"Still, the unanimity on the urgency to act underscored how the political environment has become more favorable to revamping the thorny system since President Bill Clinton's attempt failed in the 1990s under intense resistance from drug makers, insurance companies and others. All those interest groups were on hand Thursday, and Obama intended his daylong Washington session and a series of meetings to follow around the country to signal that his push for universal health care coverage will be more open and inclusive than Clinton's."
"Every voice has to be heard. Every idea must be considered ... The status quo is the one option that is not on the table," Obama said during the White House forum on what he calls the greatest threat to the U.S. economy -- rising health care costs. Mindful of the demise of the Clinton plan, Obama warned, "Those who seek to block any reform at all, any reform at any cost, will not prevail this time around."
The U.S. system is the world's costliest; the country spends some $2.4 trillion a year on health care. It leaves an estimated 48 million people uninsured, and many others lack adequate insurance. "
Only the useful idiots on the far left have any reason to be happy. Then there's Robert "Goebbels" Gibbs who will lie enough about this issue so the public will start to believe.
I hope that this is wrong, but right now it looks prophetic.
4. Favorite sign so far: "If Obama louses up health care, where will the Canadians go?"
5. #4: That's just it, Fritz. I finally figured out that the reason they can do what they do up there is that we are their relief valve. After all, what would that canadian woman who had quadruplets and couldn't be accommodated for the birth in Canada have done?? She had to go down to little 'ol Montana to get the excellent care she received for the birth. And she HAD her government insurance, but what good did it do her then? NONE. Thank goodness for that Montana hospital and the good old USA.
Walter Williams had an interesing article about Sweden's Government Health Care
Government health care advocates used to sing the praises of Britain's National Health Service (NHS). That's until its poor delivery of health care services became known.
... Government health care advocates sing the praises of Canada's single-payer system. Canada's government system isn't that different from Britain's. ... Canadians have an option Britainers don't: close proximity of American hospitals. In fact, the Canadian government spends over $1 billion each year for Canadians to receive medical treatment in our country.
"OK, Williams," you say, "Sweden is the world's socialist wonder." ...
The wonder is that more British, Canadian and Swedish citizens don't die...or revolt.
More bad news. The Surgeon General has backed out too.
I see one retired guy gets up early in the morning. Medic, are you going to become one of Obama's success stories? You know, the one about 4 million jobs being created during his administration. You'll have to go back to work and therefore, you will be one of those jobs.
Someone asked above why the rush to spend. The goal is to change the very fabric of our Republic and push it into socialism. Destroying the economy is the first step.
Yes Cato and others, that is the playbook. Read Saul Alinsky if you dare to get the truth.
9. Hillary said it today... "Never waste a good crisis". They create/use the crisis to push their crap on a desperate population.
it is probably that political/religious litmus test (ala monica goodling) that's keeping them from staffing up, eh?
eric: is the purpose of this blog to recycle other blogs? very eco of you.
what are you doing about your credibility-gap issue?
Naaaa, I don't need Obama's help to find work.
I was working on this new jobs years before I retired from the fire dept.
Yet it does make me a bit worried. Some of my work deal with health care issues and if his crazy idea on Gov care happens. I could lose my job or become one really busy guy dealing with government paper work.
Only time well tell.
Did you see Duffman said good by for good. )-:
(Working on a new job)
Proof read before post!
13. This isn't a presidential administration, it's closer to resembling Kramerica Industries. The tall, lanky, goofy looking dude is still running the show though, however ineptly that is.
Obama's plans are having some trouble.
Friday, March 06, 2009
Forty-one percent (41%) of voters nationwide have a favorable opinion of the $3.6-trillion budget proposed by President Obama in the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. But 46% hold an unfavorable view, and 13% are not sure.
15. Well seeing how Obama decieved millions of moderate indies running on the dem parties ticket when in fact he is a marxist/communist and putting forth his agenda straight out of "Rules for radicals" either they are tax cheating scumbags or just jumping ship of what is soon to be the worst president in US history...it is pathetic comrade Obama can't even fill his cabinet...
M/V is using polls now...alright I can do the same. =)
NBC/WSJ Poll says that 84% blame Bush for the poor economy. 8% think Obama is responsible for the poor economy.
46% is still well above Bush's last budget #'s and well above his popularity rating when he left office.
The Bush Bubble is responsible for the Bush Recession. =)
yes, Medic, I see where your old punching bag has thrown in the towel and said, "no mas, no mas".
Cato, you will keep blaming Bush for all your troubles from now to eternity. I understand that. If you want dialogue bring your A game. Heck, I'll even take your C game.
I'll blame Obama once his budget and stimulus have worked their way through the economy. Say a year or so in. Spending 45 days in office is hardly enough to make a serious dent in a struggling economy.
Funny how the GOP gets all uppity and angry on excessive spending now that their out of power. Guess they should have thought about practicing what they preach around the years 1998 - 2006. I didn't see any GOP porculus protests during the GOP controlled white house/congress years.
Well,well. Look cato is back.
Yes I looked at the poll, nice but what your missing or just don't want to see the point.
The stock market is in a freefall.
Our 401K are going good by!
T. Geithner (tax cheat) can't find anyone to help him.
Surgeon General just said NO thanks.
Russia just told Obama to pound sand.
Whoppi is even saying she is unhappy with all these new taxes (BIG LIB).
Brad Pitt shows up at the Capitol and you libs go kissies, kissie... typical fools.
So buddy, you just keep watching them numbers. They have been falling since the ONE took over.
20. Comrade Obama's scamulus is already working,DOW down 2000 points, massive unemployment numbers,social justice is at work hard bailing out affirmative action lending practices which failed...5 weeks in and has lower #'s then Bush 2000 did LMAO
Timmy, "the tax cheat" Geithner inspires little confidence thanks to his actions and his lack of a plan in wrapping his brain around this problem. He is about as proactive as Bush - I am an independent, but favor smaller government and preserving our unalienable rights.
Barack is a master of utilizing words via the teleprompter and parsing his rhetoric. He is a quick study of Clintonian politics. He has shown that he well-read on books by George Orwell and Saul Alinsky. This has a anesthetic effect on the masses, who do not study what is going on, who is a majority. However, those who have studied it, simply need to go back and read about Big Brother and notice that the Obama Administration shows very little deviation from that script. It is change all in the name of hope, for which he convinces the masses that there are a lot of things wrong and we must move forward and change this country for the better (where big brother plays an increased role).
Even though there is no talk about the end product - for that would disturb many; the end product is apparently to mimic the Western European model for government, with some Americanization of collectivism. Another disturbing factor is that Obama may be considering becoming part of a global bailout after meeting with Gordon Brown, British PM this week. That just shows that we may become totally out of control and are not only becoming a nanny state with nationalization within, but we could also step up and be an enabler for the rest of the world. We have an emerging financially co-dependent government plunging deeper into debt. We don't want to be the world's watchdog any longer, but the truth is we can't afford to, even if that policy were to continue. Welcome to purgatory on earth.
22. The "end product" is a marxist government with Dear Leader O for life in power. Think I am kidding?, his white house #1 said he did not intend to "waste" the crisis, Hillary used the line again yesterday. HE is working to make sure we do NOT recover, that would slow his goal of total power for the government and no chance for citizens to stop him. He is hog rolling the country with panic as intended and there is currently nothing to stop him. The clean up is going to get very very bad after the smoke clears. Keep in mind that he in the words of a DC reporter does not "even fake" an interest in foreign policy. National security is last on his list. Look for massave attacks in the coming year which he will also no doubt use to his advantage.
[url=http://www.salesianoscarmona.com/moodle/user/view.php?id=1447&course=1]viagra[/url] avfc :))) comprar viagra