March 01, 2009
"Not one dime"
President Obama said in his not quite State of the Union address that Americans earning less than $250,000 would pay "not one dime" in new taxes.
Here's his OMB Director admitting Obama's proposed cap & trade problem is a tax on Americans consuming energy (which last time I checked, means just about all of us):
P.S. OMB (The Office of Management & Budget) does more to actually run the Executive Branch than most people realize; almost everything the Departments and agencies under the President do in terms of policy making and budget has to be run through OMB.
Eric Earling at March 01, 2009
01:02 PM | Email This
1. Eric - of course we know Obama is a bald-faced liar. The real issue is that the American people so easily swallow his lies. I don't see how we can fight it.
2. " How is it we are not going to raise taxes on anybody who makes under $250,000 a year - unless you use electricity, or buy gasoline, or buy heating oil, or use natural gas?" Gingrich asked rhetorically
3. Yep--Obama is really just trying to baffle the american people with BS. Now's he trying to put in some kind of "One World Order" in a 'global new deal' with Britain. Oh. My. Goodness. Whatever happened to american sovreignty???? Get this Obama outta my face. Give me liberty; not another tax increase!!!
I'm shocked..... SHOCKED.... to find out that both the (D)s in charge of Olympia AND the Obama Administration want to pervasively raise taxes. Hold on to your pocketbooks; this is gonna be bad; only remaining question is how bad.
SIDEBAR: I've pretty much stopped responding to far-left trolls; life is too short and too much worthwhile stuff to do instead of wasting time on that. But I make a relatively rare exception to comment on a statement @ #3:
''Solve problems = tax bad behavior + reward good behavior''
Surely this is a classic example of the routine and automatic assumption by left-wing proponents of ever-bigger and more intrusive government; i.e.:
GOVERNMENT (as defined, structured, and run by the far-left) should make all decisions about what constitutes ''bad behavior'' and ''good behavior''....
Ancient Rome started out as a Republic too....
5. No Facts - just because I don't support the Republican party ATM, doesn't mean I let Obama off the hook with his lies.
The Obama and team continued assault on the American people is going to bring dire consequences for all in the coming years. Gun sales going through the roof coupled with long waiting lists, is a strong indicator of what is yet to come. As our Economy collapses, strife and anger will fill the streets. Demonstrators will not limit themselves to the waving of placards and signs. Violence will soon ensue and go beyond the throwing of rocks and bottles.
As the Rule of Law becomes shaken and weaken, the Criminal element will take full advantage, leaving victims, death and destruction in its wake. It will get so bad that violence will not be limited to the common people. People in high office and of Government, the main perpetrators of such strife and dissent will also, be brought into the fray. Assassinations will not be too uncommon.
I certainly pray to GOD that this scenario does not occur but, the future does not look good.
"Solve problems = tax bad behavior + reward good behavior"
So energy consumption in and of itself is now "bad behavior"? Is good behavior living like Little House on the Prairie?
Readers will be shocked that I agree with Crusader at #1.
A lot of traditional Democratic voters and young people brainwashed by the lefts' educational/media machine voted for Obama without a clue who he really was. They certainly weren't about to believe us "right wing extremists" who tried to tell them that he was a socialist.
There's plenty of buyer's remorse out there already, particularly among older traditionally Democratic voters,(the ones who voted for JFK,and Johnson). The younger ones will be coming around soon once they start paying higher prices for everything and finding out that there won't be any jobs waiting for them when they graduate.
The "energy tax" is of course another of the lefts' grand schemes to get us to live the way they want us to. When the suckers that voted for him realize that means life becomes more inconvenient and expensive they'll come over to the Republican side in droves. If Republicans can avoid blowing the opportunity.
I am cashing out my 401 K, and paying off my debts.... I see no use in investing in this country any more..... I will be debt free, and have a bit left over....
That's exactly what the market is doing Chris.
Obama could have given the market a shot in the arm with a capital gains cut and he probably knew it. He really doesn't want the market to improve until he can use fear to pass as many socialist programs as he can.
I've said here before that I think Obama has made a monstrous miscalulation by ramming through his agenda at warp speed. He has no hope of bringing enough Republicans along so he can claim bi-partisan failure. It will be his alone, and even the duped that voted for him in 2008 will realize it.
"President Obama said in his not quite State of the Union address that Americans earning less than $250,000 would pay "not one dime" in new taxes."
Obama is being very truthful.
We would pay "not one dime" - will pay many hundreds and perhaps thousands of dimes in new taxes, but Obama is safe, for no one can claim he was wrong about the single dime.
12. @9 Bill - I disagree. The younger Democrat voters are so brainwashed that they will enjoy paying higher prices for everything. After all for them, it's all part of the "Greater good". That's what the KosKidz say.
13. @8 Michael H - apparently according to the Kool-aid drinkers burning any amount of fossil fuels is an unforgivable sin against Gaia.
14. Crusader, did you ever stop to think maybe fossil fuels were made to be burned?
If you lefties EVER looked at the science of energy production and delivery instead of that rub-your-belly-feel-good-solar-wind crap, you'd be talking without the lower sphincter in the way.
15. @#13. I think you're right about some of them, probably the single ones who will live in apartments in big liberal cities. However lots of young people will have to encounter real life, with jobs and families, and that idealism will go right out the window, along with the Obama Administration.
16. @15 PC - do you realize what a dumbass you are? Calling me a lefty? You obviously failed basic reading comprehension in grade school.
Can't imagine why anyone would think perhaps you're a lefty, Crusader. It surely wouldn't be the obsession you have with creationism. Or your name calling. Or the sweeping generalizations you make when countering a point. Or the leftist tactics you use such as "were you in the military"?
Other than that...
I pray also that this will not occur Daniel, and I don't think it will.
However, maybe that's the reason my wife is buying me a shotgun for my birthday.
It will take a considerable perceived change before this sinks in to the public, as the attack-dogs/turned lap-dogs of the news media will continue to be like the 12th fan is for the Seahawks. They are politically joined at the hip with the left.
The opposition needs to make a continuous loud and reverberating noise about the gigantic fraud the cap and trade and green energy debate is being framed as. The politicians bought and paid for by Greenpeace, etc are bald face liars and the President is on board with them.
Gee Lets See that new SCHIP bill that just passed just raised ever smoker's tab 40 cents per cigar and 61 cents per pack, I didn't see any $250,000 cap on that tax.
And this energy tax, no $250,000 cap on that tax.
How about your property tax hikes this year, no $250,000 cap on those massive increases.
And then there is Gregoire and her gang of thieves, there will be no $250,000 cap on those tax hikes.
How about the increases in capital gain taxes, and every other tax these democrats can find.
Obama is a Bald faced liar when he said no tax payer earning less than $250,000 would pay one more dime in taxes.
21. #7 & #19: There are those who foresee chaos in America of this kind. This year, even. Doesn't mean it will, but it's certainly possible. I have heard there will be some kind of collapse later this year, perhaps in summer, though I don't know what kind (more banks, etc?). Some see New York burning and going into complete chaos. Don't know exactly when, but perhaps in a few years. If you see fires and mayhem all over NY, you will know it finally exploded into a complete mess.
22. Very simple. The fact that the administration is not taking the simple steps necessary to reverse the plunge in the stock market means that their intention is for the market to collapse. Once you understand that is what their intention is, everything makes sense. And that is why he is in such a hurry to do it... before people finally snap out of it.
Taxing earned income is one of the most unfair ways for government to generate welfare.
What if my wife and I chose to work ourselves to the bone and each hold two jobs and manage to get our income up to the limit that Pres Obama feels is "wealthy". Why are we getting punished for working harder and choosing to use our free time at another job?
Why are the tax tables based on one set of numbers even though the cost of living varies drastically across different areas of the country? $250K for someone living in Louisiana is far different than the $250K earned by someone in San Francisco or Manhattan, yet they are taxed the same.