December 09, 2008
Open Post On Governor Blagojevich's Little Problems
own post on the Democratic
governor's arrest, just to get you started.
(Ordinarily, I wouldn't put up a post on a subject so far from this area. But I thought commenters
here might want to say something about this investigation.)
Posted by Jim Miller at December 09, 2008
12:54 PM | Email This
I can't believe this story is from ABC!!
Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Relationship
2. Good thought, Jim...yeah, this thing is on a roll now. Talk about blatent stupidity. Wow! :)
3. Looks like the Gov has a (F) problem. What a recording. LOL
Perhaps we can now, we can finally put this fringe-leftist nutter concept that democrats are as pure as the driven snow thing to bed.
It is PEOPLE that are corrupt. While democrats seem to have a much greater history of stupid corruption (And this thing that Rod was trying to do that is as moronic as a post by factless, pacto or wrong) and the MSM will do everything they can to bury it, we need to remember that corruption is not a unique criminal activity on anyone's party's behalf.
Of course, those infested with BDS will find a way to spin this as Bush's fault, but oh, well.
Here's the question I want answered:
What did President Elect Barack Hussein Obama know, and when did he know it?
6. "questions arise" is not real news or real facts. Anyone can ask questions, and say anything in doing so.
7. Business as usual for a Chicago Politician. this is how the white house will be handing out jobs. Obama knew all about this. He was a buddy. Just like he knew all about Ayers and lied through his teeth.
Dear SanFranGranNan, How's that whole "ethical" governing thing working out for you?
Your team is doing a hold up ... er, BANG up job, toots!
9. The feds will be going after Gregoire in 2009.
Those Illinois folks...I don't know; may be they could take a lesson from our Port people. :)
It's EVERYwhere, folks!
Next two years could be something else.
Does this look more & more like the Clinton years and all the problem people who kept popping up.
12. @9 From your words to the Feds ears. How I only wish that were true. She just funnels the money through the WA Democratic Party instead of taking the bribes directly. It's legalized graft.
13. Well, Facts was just speaking of "slimeballs" in need of prosecuton, the other day....here ya go, Facts!
Blagojevich is a lawyer. Virtually every leader in the Democrat Party is a lawyer.
Any further questions?
15. Where is ol' No Facts anyway? The silence is deafening...>
David Axelrod of the Obama campaign got hisself in hot water when he has just had to deny that Obama and Blags had a long meeting in November and discussed names. Today, Obama said it never happened and the good soldier, Axelrod, fell on his sword for the DalaiBama.
See, Duffman, if you had voted McCain, the State of Washington would have flipped to McCain, switched the whole election dynamic and we would not have the fakir as president. :)
But more culpable, the MSM deserves the blame for this one.
17. Don't blame me, I voted for Mrs Clinton. [No corruption there...vetted immeasureably :)
Never forget that this Blagojevich guy and those like him are the ones who want to control our health care, our retirement, what kind of cars we can build or buy, what somebody should be paid and more. The list is long and getting longer every week. There is a reason these pimples-on-the-ass-of-society want to be politicians . . . money and lots of it.
Giving these people control of anything so that they can pick the winners and losers invites graft, corruption, patronage and payoff on an unimagined scale with very little chance of doing jail time. To say nothing about the stupidity of the decisions themselves. Franklin Raines and Barney Frank as those two relate to Fan and Fred, and the mortgage meltdown, is a perfect example.
We're cleaing up Louisiana, I guess we can take on Illinois.
I guess we can call it prep work for 2011.
The work of the RIGHTeous is never done.
20. "That's not the Blagojevich I knew!"
Is the new Prez already involved in a MAJOR scandal of a scale that compares to Watergate?! Was it Obama who ratted out the Gov, or did the O-man go along with demands to 'put something together' for the Illinois Governor? The plot thickens.....
More information on the Obama/Gov Bloggo connection... David Axelrod said in late November that Obama spoke to the governor. The Obama transition team says "no conversations took place". Already we're seeing a disjointed Obama team scrambling for a response.
I really hope Obama's people turned this rat in rather than either ignore his obvious attempt at a bribe, or actually colluding with him. I think it would be very bad for the country if Obama was implicated.
But as we see, there is already the predictable 'Axelrod mis-spoke...' stuff being offered by the Obama transition team regarding Axelrod's statement that the Prez elect had spoken to the Governor.
So, did he or didn't he? If so, what was that conversation like? Was a bribe asked for? Was a bribe attempted? If so, how far up the chain did any offer go?
Get ready for the media circus, special prosecutor, political gamesmanship, and a whole bag of giant worms. Recall that there is a group of black leaders in Illinois who demanded a black person be appointed. Did they "Pay to Play" ? I would advise the GOP to steer clear of this. Let the media and the Democrats deal with it. There is enough junk here to propel this story for months or years with no Republican participation. Keep clear, keep clean, let the process run it's course.
And who might actually make this appointment if the Governor is forced to resign? Is the Lt. Governor a Democrat or Republican?
22. Your going to need a big shovel for Illinois Ragnar, Chicago is in that state too.
Can someone remind me again... when has the community organizer ever
stood up against corruption in his own party, in his own 'church', in his own neighborhood, in his 'home' state?
Anyone out there???
24. 'Keep clear, keep clean, let the process run it's course.'
..and for God Sakes..stay clear of Minn-St Paul airport bathrooms! :)
25. Get ready for the media circus, special prosecutor, political gamesmanship, and a whole bag of giant worms.
Ha! Get ready for a presidential pardon between inaugural oath and inaugural gala.
26. I'd be willing to bet Obama probably hasn't been able to stay away from the cigarettes today.
27. Blago.,was on the news last night commenting on a glass factory shut down, wonder if he knew this was coming?
BTW wouldn't this make 2 former IL Governors in the pen? A former Republican, Ryan, I think, is already warming a cell for Blago. so IL will be well represented in the Poky!
If they vote on transactions it will probably always be a tie, lol!
28. ..btw, didja see he apparently lost his appeal today?
29. stay clear of Minn-St Paul airport bathrooms
I'm sure you meant to say 'stay clear of Al Franken and his Gregoire: Minn-St Paul recount and vote manufacturing'.
30. Love the Drudge headline today: "CROOK COUNTY"
I wonder, would it be crass or would it be appropriate to say something to the effect of THE CHICKENS(!) HAVE COME HOME(!) TO ROOST!!!
I'm 'just askin'.
Axelrod "misspoke". Got it. It's quite normal to say your boss had a meeting and had discussions about successors for his office when it never happened. Common mistake.
Spitzer's hooker? Minor leagues. Blagojevich makes that ordeal look like a little tryst.
This is even better then Elliot Spitzer!
Spitzer was an arrogant jackass, but he at least was smart enough to TRY to cover up what he was doing. (not to mention, what he was doing was nothing compared to Blago. Hell, even William Jefferson wasn't quite this bad). Apparently, Blagojavich barely even tried. I mean, at one point, he tells his COS to do something instead of him personally, because it will "confuse the feds."
Are you f*&king kidding me?
You have to love it when arrogant meets stupid.
34. So, any bets on how long this federal attorney lasts. My guess, he gets fired the first Friday after the inauguration.
35. So, any bets on how long this federal attorney lasts. My guess, he gets fired the first Friday after the inauguration.
Actually, quite the opposite. It's Patrick Fitzgerald. He's already got allies on the left anyway, and there is NO WAY IN HELL Obama will remove him now. It would be almost as bad as Nixon firing Archibald Cox. It would be essentially admitting guilt.
He's the safest U.S. Attorney in the country right now. Nobody will dare touch him. He's kryptonite.
36. If Obama fires Fitzgerald, he will hear about it from a lot of people. And his presidency will be severely hobbled from then on. it's bad enough Obama has close ties to Tony Rezko already, and bought his house with Rezko.
Ought to be a very entertaining episode of Hannity and Colmes tonight.
I wonder how many times Colmes will say, "well what about you guys..."
I can't believe they didn't get away with it.
There's a reason why this goes on...it works.
Being the little Democrat weasal he is, I wonder how long before he tries to keep his own sorry a** out of the slammer by rolling over on Obama?
This could be fun!
40. The governor's suite at the state pen could be getting a bit cozy!
41. It says something about 'positioning' and 'connectedness' in Chicago politics that Michelle Obama's hospital salary nearly doubled, as soon as Barak was elected to the US Senate, with no apparent increase in her duties and responsibilities.
42. Blagojevich and Sean Astin look vaguely alike.
Obama has now scheduled a press conference tomorrow to officially throw Blagojevich under the bus.
...OK, maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised...
Gee... all the way to 44 and nothing from the 3 fringekateers?
Who can blame them? Nothing like a little game of "Whack-a-mole" and I don't think they want to play.
45. The read I'm not seeing anywhere is that obviously Obama staff and supporters make a suggestion or two, Blagojevich resists with a side of insults and tries to make his own game out of a situation, then Blagojevich gets completely nuked in a very public way. Now Illinois will get a new governor and a new senator, and both will probably just a little more open to suggestions. This is public team discipline.
46. I heard some weeks ago that as the IL authorities had Rezko in holding and were saying things like "We don't know how long you'll be here (wink wink), it depends on how much you keep your mouth shut. etc" Word was that Rezko was going to sing against Blago like a canary. Apparently the rumor was quite true.
47. Goldy's bunch are acting all surprised that this could happen. Do they not realize the poltical cesspool Obama swam in for the last 12 years?
48. This must be why Obama started smoking again.
Somebody will squeal and we will find out the
great one is involved up to his eyebrows.
If this had been a Republican, it would have said so in the headline, instead of in the final paragraph of the story.
Meanwhile, back to Sarah's dry cleaning bill...
Here's my tongue-in-cheek take on it.
I grew up in Illinois. The Democrats in Illinois know what their leaders are like and knew what Blago was like; they just did not care. As long as there was some deniability, they would never come out against them because they felt they served their interest and anyone who steps out of line gets squashed.
Now that there is no plausible deniability, they claim "they had no idea"; but that is hogwash.
time for Bubba Gump Shrimp
now--this will be the TRUE test of the "vigilant balanced press"...
watch & wait...
53. We have alerted our offshore manufacturer to put the $9.95 "Obama Dream Catcher" on hold. The coins were blowing out, but this may change things.
Ahh, the old "bathroom stall defense". C'mon is that all you got? That's two years old news. Besides, playing gay footsies is just a LITTLE BIT different than the massive corruption and betrayal of public trust involved with Blago.
Interesting little tidbit that may turn into a big Blago/Obama link, they have the same "fixer" in the name of money man Tony Rezko. Chicago is a spider web of inter-connected corruption and I'm not so sure our new "leader" is going to be able to keep his connection from getting sucked into all this.
20--stole my line--dead on--
now--coded message for you transplants--watch & wait for more of the "soft shoe" at the subway station platform tracks, Downtown Loop Chi-Town...Fred Astaire & Gene would be proud !!
56. Ah, this kind of thing counts as porn for SP. That's why Jim veered from what he would ordinarily post. But isn't there so much more to this story than "See I was right all along about the Democrat party" and "Ohboyoboyoboy Obama's gonna go down"?
let's wait for the new klintonian finger pointing into our faces & TV screens in a prime time address...with the usual...
58. Something tells me Blagojevich is not going to go quietly into the night. He'll most likely be singing quite a song, and the political landscape in Illinois may be in for a tsunami!
59. Michelle Malkin has in one of her posts a photo of Obama and Blago together. She invites photo captions. The first one I thought of was "We were never alone....right??"
There's an even better photo with goofy grinning Bambi, Blago and Daly
... I'd title it "Partners in Crime".
61. The Dems should go for another Governor downfall. How about Queen Christine? Maybe there's some tribal malfeasance, or other union dealings that have yet to emerge...
Another reason to vote conservative. At least we have a watchdog mentality amongst those on the left that heavily scrutinizes and chastises those like Foley, Craig and Stevens, as they should. If only they applied the same rigorous vetting, media inquisitiveness, and introspection to their own.
But they don't because it is about power. It takes a spectacular narcissist like Spitzer or Blago to implode before the media and the left is willing to admit fault and condemn. Meanwhile, a nice wardrobe is enough to disqualify a Republican.
Hey lefties, how's that other side of the blade feeling today?
I'd caption that photo of Blago, Daley and Obama as:
"We have our stories straight guys, right?"
64. can't i just finish my waffle?
::Obama shaking finger at American public::
'" I've had no contact" with that man *, Mr. Blagojevich'
*=Picture of Obama and Blago from 12/2/2008 (8 days ago if using WASL math)
I guess he'd be correct if we use the Clintonian definition of "contact".
66. As an Illinois voter, I guess I have to take a break from telling other Illinois voters that Washington has an even worse governor.
random thoughts---crime & punishment*
(* all parties are innocent till proven guilty)
1--where the heck is Dean Logan??? (couldn't resist that)
2--can we sentence Blago to serve time in a Tent City in WA?
3--Blago can do his community service time serving on Sound Transit Board or Ferry Commissioner
4--send him to E Wash (just kidding, Eastern Friends)
5--a new Casino Boss for the Tribes?
6--banish him to the Freemont Area of Seattle to wander 40 days & 40 nights dressed as a conservative banker w/ horn rimmed glasses
7--solitary confinement in one of those former Seattle public toilets
8--Seattle Police Chief? (sans gun which he too will likely misplace)
9--Seattle's new Graffitti Art-Deco Commissioner?