September 22, 2008
Reminder to our Liberal Friends: Abortion Isn't the Issue You Think It is
We've covered it before: Sarah Palin wasn't picked to woo Hillary Clinton supporters and abortion isn't the vote-mover many on the left persist in thinking.
More proof via a poll conducted jointly by respected Republican and Democratic pollsters (via hotair):
The poll also looked at women's views on Governor Palin and found that a majority (52%) of women had a mostly positive view while 29% were mostly negative and 13 percent neutral.
Of the women who had negative views, 48 percent said it was because of the governor's position on the issues. Of that 48 percent, just 18 percent pointed to her pro-life position as the main position they opposed.
That means just 2.5 percent of all women surveyed in the poll indicated they disagree with Palin on the issues and say abortion is the reason why.
But remember what you're told by left-of-center commenters: real women won't vote for a candidate once they find out that person is pro-life, period. Didn't you know?
UPDATE: oops, hit "publish" before I meant to. Title and links cleaned-up.
Posted by Eric Earling at September 22, 2008
07:30 PM | Email This
1. And the left will keep on believing the polls from their MSM enablers too. Right up until it is too late.
2. Personally, I'm still gonna write-in Ron Paul. A lady I know is gonna vote for McCain-Palin because she thinks the MSM is being a bunch of dicks when it comes to Sarah Palin. It appears that the numbnuts, Al Franken, is responsible for a particulary nasty skit on lastt Saturday's SNL show. Franken is a dolt, and SNL is stupid for using his ideas. Anyway, this lady got highly mad at this little bit of snarkiness, and decided she's voting for McCain-Palin jsut to piss-off her liberal friends.
"left persist in thinking."
Sorry... it's illegal to use that phrase, not to mention impossible.
I am a woman and I am NOT, nor have I ever been, defined solely by my biology.
I am not a single issue voter and I am insulted when NOW and other groups or individuals (of any political stripe) claim to speak on my behalf.
A woman is an individual. I assume that there are many women in this area who would be highly insulted if I presumed to speak on their behalf (as I am conservative).
Oh, this is rich! The anti-choice side has milked this issue for thirty years, and now that it's blowing back on you, you're running from it. We always knew you lacked the courage of your convictions, and now you're showing it. Good grief, what a pile of hypocrisy. It makes the whole gay marriage ban look decent by comparison.
Now that you're tied to the losing side, try to enjoy the one-way ride down...
You are a moron. Re-read the post.
7. I am praying that you have this right, to give comfort to the many that do not want to see our country get taken over by one party that favors socialism, big government and enviro-naziism.
8. I doubt much more than 2.5 percent of all women even KNOW Palin's position on abortion. Hell, there are quite a few people out there who think John McCain is pro-choice. If Obama is smart enough to run ads on the eve of the election detailing Palin's actual record on abortion, that'll be devastating. This country polls overwhelmingly pro-choice when the parameters of the debate aren't hidden behind misleading terms like "pro-life".
Add - the slavery party that takes no back seat when it comes to corruption. Although Hillary Clinton would have been a better candidate for our country, this is not the time for the Democrat party to be in control of the Executive and Legislative branches. Balance of power will do the best "to right the ship".
McCain will be able to work with the Democrats in Congress and also afford security in a dangerous world with his military know-how.
10. And give everyone a pony!
"Re-read the post."
Once wasn't punishment enough?
Jim's concern trolling has all the sincerity of Mark Foley, Larry Craig, and Rev. Haggard combined. Without the wit, may I add.
12. The Him: Pro-choice, huh? If you'll call yours pro-abortion, I'll call mine anti-abortion!
"And give everyone a pony!"
The other option is to get Obama Administration become a Dhimmitude just like the UK and France are becoming with an open door policy on illegal aliens and allow Muslim communities to embrace Sharia law and also descend into economic depression.
Progressives/Moonbats and other Democrats - be careful what you wish for !!
14. We look upon Gov. Palin and see someone worthy and admirable. Libs hate Palin but look at the likes of Sandra Bernhard and see someone worthy and admirable. That is why the socialists are going to lose. Libs are defined by their repeated public displays of "character".
15. The Him: Also, I think maybe, just maybe most of the gals in the world know by now Palin's position on abortion, since the fact that she refused to have one has been plastered in an infamous and negative way all over MSM and the blogosphere since her selection was announced. Duh!!!
I just want to say this. I understand America wanting to see "Change"! I totally get it. I just ask that before you assume Obama is your man, please do some research. I certainly did. I've been a life long Republican. My views/core values are EXTREMELY conservative. For this reason, I was leaning away from McCain in hopes of a conservative Independent. Then came Palin. She represents EVERYTHING EVERY woman should aspire to be or achieve! She is an honest straight shooter who respects life and family! She's HAD IT with corrupt politicians and WILL DO WHAT SHE SAYS!
McCain is liberal for those of you who keep saying "it's another 4 years of Bush". Admit it!! Non of us like the war, however, the surge has and is working. I don't care what Obama promises in his "speeches", he knows darn well that he cannot pull out until it's over. McCain is anything but Bush. Can this man get any credit. Look at his record! His entire upper body is NOT stuffy, HE CANNOT MOVE FROM BEING TORTURED FOR YEARS FOR YOU!!!! YES FOR YOU!!
You all seem to forget what Bush faced as President. A few short months after he was in office we were attacked by the horrible Bin Laden. I can pretty much guarantee you that Bin Laden DID NOT PLAN his attack in the 3 months Bush was in office, hence, Bill Clinton might have overlooked him during his years of lies and infidelity.
The economy is HORRIBLE, but do I need to remind all of you that our Senate and House is and has been in control of the Democrats!!! What have they done!! NOTHING!! It is a national tragedy and we are now faced with one of the most significant elections of all time.
Unfortunately, as always, the Democratic Party is resorting to making promises that WE KNOW WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN!!
Look at what the Clintons promised! NON OF IT HAPPENED!!!
B. Obama wants to be President. John McCain deserves to be President. I encourage all of you to educate yourself. Thoroughly!! There are 41 DAYS LEFT! GET OUT AND VOTE!!
When you do, ask your self this. When is the last time you voted that you REALLY felt it would make a difference and that your canidate would actually represent your interests and desires??
VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN and it WILL!! FOR ONCE IT ACTUALLY WILL MEAN SOMETHING!!!
FIGHT FOR CHANGE - REAL CHANGE!!!
VOTE McCAIN/PALIN/ VOTE McCain/Palin!!!
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!! FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY AND FREEDOM!!!
PUT YOUR COUNTRY FIRST!!! John McCain certainly has for all of us, now it's our turn to show him our support and reap the benefits of his longstanding knowledge and commitment to us and our country.
I am not going to tell anyone who to vote for, I'm only asking you to become educated, study and learn. After that, make your choice, just PLEASE VOTE!!!!
Actually I do not believe it was Palin that made abortion an issue again.
It was Pelosi and Biden with their big mouths, their selfish and erroneous understanding of the faith they claim and the bucket load of Bishops that have individually and collectively condemned them.
It's not the abortion crowd they have to worry about, it's that inconvenient CATHOLIC crowd, who they are desperate to woo.
I can easily post more than a dozen articles about Catholics, this election, Biden, Bishops, Barry and Nan.
18. Yeah, a woman who travels thousands of miles whilst leaking amniotic fluid is a great example of how to make reproductive choices. It's like watching an NRA "gun safety expert" shoot himself in the foot, only less funny.
19. Yeah, a woman who travels thousands of miles whilst leaking amniotic fluid is a great example of how to make reproductive choices.
You presume to tell her what she could do with HER body, tense? How utterly closed minded and misogynistic of you.
She made an educated CHOICE with the approval of her doctor. I thought you lefties SCREAMED womens choices should be between her and her doctor.
Just like a leftist to actually think that anyone shot for any reason, including self-inflicted, is funny.
I tell ya what, tensor... what say you give us a few chuckles and shoot yourself, hhhmmmm?
21. Well, 6 'real women' on my side of our extended family vote PRO-LIFE and we are Gov. Palin fans. So there! (and let's not forget 3 pro-life male votes in that same family mix, either)
22. heh--amyzzon, that's why at least one person refers to NOW as "National Organization for SOME Women". That's about right--haha!
23. Okay, tensor, you have gone from downright dense to disgusting. Quite a leap, even for you.
It's been what? a month since McCain picked Palin. And JUST NOW we have the first comment from the left wing that has any class whatsoever. And it's from none other than Bill Clinton. (But I think I know why he likes her...boiiinnnngggg!!!)
"Okay, tensor, you have gone from downright dense to disgusting. Quite a leap, even for you."
I don't bring my medical problems aboard transport airplanes, for dozens of strangers to share. (Not knowingly, anyway.) What if she'd gone into crisis at 30,000', over the Gulf of Alaska? What might have happened to her child? It's good to see that no one on the "it's a child, not a choice" side even pretends to care.
26. It's comments like 18 expressed en masse by the Left, that are assuring Obama's defeat.
"I tell ya what, tensor... what say you give us a few chuckles and shoot yourself, hhhmmmm?"
Can I pretend to be a hunter, and shoot my friend in the face, instead? I promise to blame him afterwards!
The Slavery Party - in favor of not just abortion, but murder of newborns, too!
You know, Tensor, if you actually HAD a clue you'd read the statistics and see that only 2.5% of women say that Palin's abortion stance is a problem.
But you on the extreme marxist/sexist/fascist wing of the Slavery Party think that means everything...
29. Tensor, I'm not sure I understand your position. Or you FOR or AGAINST a woman's choice to give birth?. Or are only Pro Abortion when it comes to leftist women? Why do YOU care what may or may not have happened to her child? Your "what if" scenarios are purely argumentative and serve no purpose in addressing the topic at hand. What if you got a pulmonary embolism at 36,000 over the Pacific? What might have happened to you? He doctor cleared her to travel. What else needs to be said? Or would you feel better if her doctor recommended an abortion? BTW, that is not a rhetorical question. I really would like the courtesy of an answer.
Either you claim to believe in a right to choose, or you do not. If you don't, then you won't put any forethought into it, and your choices will look like (a) reckless endangerment of a fetus via airplane, and (b) a shotgun marriage for your pregnant teenage daughter.
Now, just suppose you're on an airplane with me. My doctor has cleared me to travel, despite there being no apparent need for me to travel, but due to an entirely foreseeable problem, you wind up spending the night at some remote airfield because of me. Do I receive your praise? I really would like -- OK, I really wouldn't, I admit it.
31. Either you claim to believe in a right to choose, or you do not.
And there's the caveat in tensies CHOICE: you can only CHOOSE from the things HE approves of. You cannot CHOOSE to give birth WHEN and WHERE you want; you cannot make the CHOICE with your doctor; you cannot CHOOSE to not force your daughter into an abortion; you cannot CHOOSE to take a risk unless it's a lefty approved risk and it's one that ends up with a dead baby.
I CHOOSE to call tense an hypocrite and bHo a babykiller.
Add "You cannot CHOOSE how to give birth" to that litany. Because ultimately, it's trial lawyers just like John Edwards who are thoroughly in the Democratic Party's pockets who are making it almost impossible in many states for a mother to have a natural birth if she had a cesarian with a previous baby.
Democrats have no interest in protecting women's rights. We're just pawns to them, just like African Americans and Latinos. Just a constituency to be pandered to and then ignored. Look at the pay discrepancy in Obama's office and how well women are paid in comparison in McCain's office. Then tell me who is more interested in women's issues!
33. "This country polls overwhelmingly pro-choice when the parameters of the debate aren't hidden behind misleading terms like "pro-life".
The math is really easy Lee,see how all the semantics actually break down into revealing the reality?
Pro-choice = Pro-abortion = advocacy for the unnatural and premature termination of a viable human being.
If one who takes the contrarian position to that isn't pro-life, perhaps you can enlighten us as to what it is.
34. I would hedge a guess that there are more males in favor of abortion "rights" than females. Densor and others would rather pay for an abortion to cover his "indiscretions" than be forced by some leftist judge to pay child support. It's really all about the money, isn't it Densor?
I'm loving this...
Keep smacking Tensor around folks. I can see he's getting dumb-founded by his strange comments.
Hey tensor, babies are born everyday with out doctors or nurses being there.
I guess if Palin had taken the flight to have the baby killed, you would be all for it. Know matter what happened during the flight.
What a smuck
36. Salthering: I have said exactly the same thing several times at SP. From its inception, the pro-abortion movement was "moved" forward by men. Easy, convenient way for them to escape their responsibilities, and as a result, resume their natural proclivity for leisure activity with less restraint. I haven't noticed all that many female pro-abortion posters here.
37. 36.. true. the pro-abortion movement was moved forward by men. Irresponsible, unfeeling men who didn't want to be fathers, and who think of sexuality as "fun". Time to return to our cultural morality. The sexual revolution hasn't been fun.
It's good to be a parent.
38. Abortion, just like the proposed Democrat Morgtage bailout for home-owners (hey!, pay me to live in MY home too...), and some impossible AIDS virus cure, (we've NEVER cured a viral infection), and Gregoire's mythical embryonic stem cell cure-all, is more of the liberal "life without consequences" agenda.
Democrats know they can't pay for all this. But they can make promises and get elected as proven by Gregoires failure to follow through with any action whatsoever on her 2004 stem cell promises.
So, you'd think with abortion on demand, we'd have less and less need to pay unwed mothers welfare, right? Well, all it has done is increase un-wed child births because women know they can either terminate the child, or keep it. Many decide to keep the child, which is good - however that choice is enhanced by the public support she will get for being an un-wed mother.
But the real REASON they're pregnant in the first place is because they knew they can have sex without consequences.
Here's a little math; Sex without consequences = more irresponsible sex = more pregnancy = more abortions or more un-wed mothers on welfare.
39. pregnancy is not a medical problem- it is a medical condition. Apparently tensor doesn't fly with people with dry skin, oily skin, dandruff, watery eyes. Pregnancy is not contagious and babies have been born in fields, planes, cabs ( o the shame of not scheduling your delivery and keeping all those people caught in traffic so you can selfishly deliver your baby when your body and the baby's body is ready).
ridiculous. How can anyone not know the difference?
"And there's the caveat in tensies CHOICE: you can only CHOOSE from the things HE approves of. You cannot CHOOSE to give birth WHEN and WHERE you want; you cannot make the CHOICE with your doctor; you cannot CHOOSE to not force your daughter into an abortion; you cannot CHOOSE to take a risk unless it's a lefty approved risk and it's one that ends up with a dead baby."
If Gov. Palin wants to travel thousands of miles, past a dozen well-appointed hospitals, to have her child in the MatSu facility in Wasilla, she can do that. If she wants to risk her own health, and the health of her fetus, and the travel plans of hundreds of unrelated other persons (without their consent!) she can do that too. I, in turn, can use my First Amendment rights to criticize her foolish choice, in part because it increased greatly her risk of a dead baby.
I would hedge a guess that there are more males in favor of abortion "rights" than females.
Since the entire point of this post was how this issue does not poll well for liberals, I'm sure you've got some great polling data to support that contention, right?
Densor and others would rather pay for an abortion to cover his "indiscretions" than be forced by some leftist judge to pay child support.
Interesting how a "leftist" judge would demand financial adherence to family values. Care to have that one back?
"Hey tensor, babies are born everyday with out doctors or nurses being there."
True. They are also at higher risk for serious complications. Why is it "pro-life" to invite such dangers upon an innocent child?
"I guess if Palin had taken the flight to have the baby killed, you would be all for it."
Actually, that's the reason I'm critical of her. When will you understand that?
Know [sic] matter what happened during the flight.
What a smuck [sic]
Try not to rely too much on spell-checkers. Esp. when critiquing another person's judgement.
From its inception, the pro-abortion movement was "moved" forward by men.
Margaret Sanger: history's greatest drag queen!
"pregnancy is not a medical problem- it is a medical condition"
Leaking amniotic fluid is a serious medical problem. A woman who is doing it should get medical attention immediately. It's effectively malpractice to agree to any other course of action.
"Apparently tensor doesn't fly with people with dry skin, oily skin, dandruff, watery eyes..."
None of which have ever been shown to complicate the delivery of a fetus. Your point?
"Pregnancy is not contagious and babies have been born in fields, planes, cabs ( o the shame of not scheduling your delivery and keeping all those people caught in traffic so you can selfishly deliver your baby when your body and the baby's body is ready)."
So, we're just wasting all kinds of money on our so-called maternity wards? She went to Texas to give a speech. Why could she not have given it via video link, and have the MC say, "Gov. Palin is staying in Alaska, to protect the health of her unborn child."? Is that not properly pro-life?
@38: Here's a little math; Sex without consequences = more irresponsible sex = more pregnancy = more abortions or more un-wed mothers on welfare.
Perhaps you should be instructing your VP candidate on that!
Oh wait... it's only the poor or non-evangelical teen mothers that you hate.
Tensor @ post # 25: since when did you
, a brain-dead, pro-abortion liberal twat, give a tinker's damn about an unborn child
You show yourself to be the lowest of hypocritical idiots.
HEY, TENSOR @ POST# 30: "Now, just suppose you're on an airplane with me."
You would probably be the person handing out the box cutters for the sake of tolerance. Just shut up now. Your idiocy is becoming tiresome.
Demokid @ post # 42: You would advocate killing a human being in the name of convenience
. Sarah Palin is teaching her daughter personal responsibility for her actions.
Which, do you think, will reap the greatest benefit for all parties- including the developing human being in his/her probable 6th month of gestation- in terms of maturation and growth?
Never mind- don't answer that. You would not want to actually prove yourself to be the brain-dead liberal idiot that I already know you to be.
"Tensor @ post # 25: since when did you, a brain-dead, pro-abortion liberal twat, give a tinker's damn about an unborn child?"
Never have I urged a woman who is leaking amniotic fluid to pass a hospital. You must have me confused with a 'pro-life' Republican.
With choice comes responsibility. I ask you: which is more important: proper medical care during a difficult pregnancy, or giving a political speech? You identify as pro-life, so please do answer.
(Did a woman with a nursing background just use a slang term for "vagina" as an insult? Self-esteem training, anyone?)
"Just shut up now. Your idiocy is becoming tiresome."
You're just not going to address any of my points, are you?
"Sarah Palin is teaching her daughter personal responsibility for her actions."
So, Ms. Palin is going to take a series of long airplane rides just prior to giving birth?
Tensor. you liberal turd for brains, I DID address your posts. Obviously, the color of your
sky is BROWN. (Let me explain that for you, since you are obviously a liberal idiot.
Brown sky = head up ass.)
Like any typical liberal brainless slimebag, you dodged the challenge. So here it is again for you, asshat. Are you, or are you not pro-choice?
Of course, any thinking person here already knows the answer. You are just too much of an intellectual coward to admit it, aren't you?