September 09, 2008
Lies About Palin
There's a lot of lies out there about Palin: that she was a member of a secessionist party, that she tried to ban books, that she cut special needs funding, and so on. Newsweek is doing its job to debunk them.
Cross-posted on <pudge/*>.
Posted by pudge at September 09, 2008
08:54 AM | Email This
Well now, we can't have the truth flying around out there, can we?
What will the lefts say now? She believes in alien abduction?
3. Damn. There go Cato and Demo Kid's talking points!
4. The Dems have just sent 30 attorneys to Alaska to dig dirt. It's jackboot time!
5. Isn't it funny that Ken Schramm feels it necessary to criticize Palin for not going to the media for interviews, but never mentions the fact that they've been trashing her for two weeks? Why would anyone with a sane brain cell want to send her into that liberal wood chipper right now? McCain is smart to let the media self destruct and take the Obama campaign down with it.
Pudge should send his "Schrammie" back to Schramm for being a doofus.
Have you guys heard that lie about how she fought the bridge to nowhere? Turns out she supported it while running for governor, and then when it was killed by congress, took the money anyways and used it on other projects.
The funny thing about that lie is that Palin told it herself and is still telling it even though it has been shown to be false.
There's one nasty "chain letter" post that's been going around the Leftist threads and it goes like this:
Female poster says she has "special needs kid".
She says she sympathizes with Palin.
But then talks about all the time it would take to care for kid, and so condemns her for running.
I've seen this same post in 4 different places!
My rejoinder is: send Trig Palin to the White House where he'll get plenty of attention and world class doctors!
But still, there seems to be a lot of Democrat soft money funding dirty tricks around the textasphere.
Have you guys heard that lie about how she fought the bridge to nowhere?
What Palin said is, of course, not a lie. It is true, and proven by the facts.
I utterly defy you to quote her or the campaign saying something about the Bridge to Nowhere that is untrue. I won't hold my breath.
Your name is a misnomer, for you are certainly not noble.
She supported the bridge when the state was going to pay for it.
Unlike liar Obama, sho told the truth. Liar obama:
Said he was going to take public financing. LIE.
In a speech to a Selma, Alabama crowd meant to pump up his civil-rights movement authenticity and his Kennedy Camelot image, Barack Obama claimed that the Kennedy administration paid for his Kenyan father to travel to America on a student scholarship and therefore was responsible for his "very existence". However, the first march on Selma took place on March 7, 1965. Obama would have been about three and half years old at that time.
10. Hey Noble, Once Congress appropriated the money they couldn't unappropriate it So Gov Palin used it where it was needed http://www.retireted.com/category/real-estate/gravina-bridge/
By the way your pals Obama and Biden voted for the Bridge to Nowhere
Thanks for the convenient links to use to debunk these absurd rumors when they arise.
I hope we can all agree on this at least: Repeating rumors such as these, or the Obama is a gay muslim black liberation church member type rumors are pretty despicable.
There are plenty of real arguments to be made on policy and politics without muddying the waters with this junk.
12. Stalin, Castro, Obama..See a theme?
A long read, but this piece from the American Spectator explains A LOT about the dying liberal media of the last 40 years.
Err, before someone calls me out on that, he IS a member of the black liberation theology church, I meant to contrast that with the corresponding muslim rumors by pointing that out. Sort of like if someone called another person a jewish nazi communist capitalist.
I hope that makes sense now :)
15. Nice list in the link at #1. Thanks Jeff B.
16. The irony here is that the leftist media and blogs have "cried wolf" so many times with all their lies that even if they DO come up with something (as if) no one will believe it!
17. I did like that both Biden and Obama voted for the Bridge to Nowhere....
18. Is Newsweek trying to rehab its image? This is the last magazine I would have guessed would run such a helpful story.
Investigative journalists from the Seattle Times have examined evidence that confirms the low ethical standards of Republican politician Sarah Palin, and that again questions presidential candidate John McCain's vetting of Palin as a vice presidential candidate.
Twenty-year-old documents from Al Capone's secret vault, recently discovered and opened during the demolition of a landmark Denny's restaurant in Ballard, a neighborhood north of downtown Seattle, show that Palin repeatedly engaged in unpatriotic and unethical behavior.
Seattle Times reporters were allowed by Geraldo Rivera to show the documents to an unbiased professor of Critical Radical Race Theory at the University of Washington who said, "Game over. Huffington and Goldstein proved that she hatched John Edwards' love child, and she bounced back. But this is worse. Not even the whitest woman in America crawls back from a bombshell like this. Stick a fork in her. She's done. She's toast." (Huffington and Goldstein are unbiased and respected Internet journalists.)
An unbiased professor of Critical Rad Dyke Hairy Womyn Studies at the University of Washington said that "Palin is an affront to everything we've fought for since Seneca Falls. These documents prove her unfitness to lead or to follow, and we know the documents are authentic and the charges against her, ugly as they are and as she is, are true. Daily Kos said so. Debate's over."
Unbiased public servants viewed the newly discovered document dump. King County Executive EnRon Sims wisely observed that "you can put lipstick on a pit bull, but it's still a mad-dog pit bull. Yesterday in south King County two pit bulls mauled a lovely old woman. We had to put those bad boys down. Think about it."
Seattle mayor Greg Nickels said, "(Palin's) nutty. She's slutty. She's un-American. This stuff from Ballard proves that mean old McCain needs to pack her back to Alaska. Pronto."
Unbiased media professional Keith Olbermann, more in sorrow than in rancor, reflected solemnly on the collapse of Palin's candidacy: "Remember those hot pix of foxy Sarah in stiletto heels, packing an assault rifle, blowing away a polar bear cub? Those pix discovered by unbiased journalists way up north? Well, just wait'll you get a load of what the Seattle Times dug up way out west. Blow your mind. This Palin babe's got the eithics of swine and slime."
The documents clearly show that for at least three weeks in 1988 or 1989, Sarah Palin didn't sort. Recyclable plastics in her garbage were willfully and promiscuously comingled with the other kind.
"This is the brokeback straw. This is unconscionable," said Senator Barack Obama, Democratic candidate for president. "First she impugned me and my important work as a radical community organizer for ACORN. Now, by her willful disregard for personal integrity, she inpugns citizenship. Can we lift ourselves up from Palin's gutter politics? Can we rise above her disrespect for fundamental decency? Can we send Little Miss Wasilly, clinging bitterly to her Christianist God and her guns, back to Matanooska Moosedrool where she belongs? Yes we can! Yes we must!"
Respected politcal scientist James Carville, adviser to beloved president Bill Clinton, noted that "this is what you get when you drag trash through a trailer park. This proves for all time that the (expletive deleted) Republicans are flat (expletive deleted) nuts. And what's with that Palin-Capone connection? The skank's all mobbed up, just what we always get from the Republican culture of corruption. Now if we just had a clean Clinton administration back in the White House, either Clinton, our long national nightmare would be over. Even Obama's (expletive deleted) better than this."
Mean old McCain could not be reached for comment
Rockefeller, you have to be more careful with your facts. Otherwise the vast right wing conspiracy in the media and internet will defame your otherwise admirable post. You quoted Carville as saying:
this is what you get when you drag trash through a trailer park.
sbut Carville really was saying was:
this is what you get when you drag dollar bills through a trailer park.
Other than that, the rest is absolutely true. I have the assurance of all allowed commenters on Democratic Underground to prove it.
21. For a couple of days even I was taken by Palin... until I blinked. When I looked again I saw that the faithful and desperate had finally come completely unglued for a hot lookin gun totin mama who won't take no guff from no big city intellectchalls! She hunts from a helicopter and gags her own state scientists on the Endangered Species Act! She's drilling for Jesus and the Alaska Fund! She's a politician from the YOYO school of healthcare and she's going to take "care" of mothers with special needs children! She's a small town reformer who lobbies for major pork and projects until she runs up a fantastic local obligation, and then looks like a brilliant manager for turning those projects down! She's the Governor who posts a luxury jet on e-Bay and her effective staff can't close the deal. A real maverick reformer, she stood up to corrupt lawmakers, the very same ones she supported when she needed their help running for office! She's an anti sex education mother with a pregnant teenage daughter! She's the head of a resource dependent state that demands building more pipelines, even prays for more pipelines, and is still somehow taking on the oil companies and special interests! She's the political genius who wants to pit those small town value Scrantonians against those corrupt gay San Franciscans! She threatens librarians with hypothetical loyalty tests, and says "just checking, you can keep your job!" She also is a college graduate who says nuke-you-lurr! Whoa, the epic journey of Princess Sarahdipity is just getting started dudes and dudettes! Y'all ready to go out for some fresh air yet? The smoke is pretty thick in here, and the Wasilla brigade of Joel's Army hasn't even fired a shot for The Third Wave of the Holy Spirit yet.
Do you have a point? I am not sure I see one. You seem to be arguing that the Dems are taken in by Obama.
Acid Brain says "She also is a college graduate who says nuke-you-lurr!"
I think it is hilarious how people on the left keep bringing up this point with Bush in an attempt to show how stuuupid he is when they actually show how ignorant they are themselves. Check a dictionary--either pronunciation is acceptable. This, from Merriam-Webster "Pronunciation: \ˈnu-klē-ər, ˈnyu-, -kyə-lər\"
Usually I just let people on the left continue to show their ignorance on this issue, but I'll make an exception this time...
C'mon kids, telling half-truths is just as bad as telling a lie. Bottom line; she supported and wanted the bridge and when it was politically expedient for her to drop that support, she did. For her to say she didn't support it and turned it away and not acknowledge that Alaska did get to keep all the money only makes it worse. Quote from the Alaska Daily News report:
"One year later, Ketchikan's Republican leaders said they were blindsided by Palin's decision to pull the plug."
That sentence is telling because she'll turn on anyone - Republican or otherwise - to help herself. And she calls the Congress "do nothing". One, how will she get along with people she insults when she (and McCain) will need them (especially Republicans) to get anything done? Presidents and Vice Presidents don't draft legislation.
Two, Republicans were in control of Congress for the last 5 of 8 years. Do McCain and Palin believe they are all "do-nothings"?
Lastly, one thing I do know to be true. Palin and her husband made a very serious decision in the birth of their son. This was not their first child so they had to have known that labor could go quickly. This was a high needs child. This was a premature birth. And, yet she never got herself checked at a hospital (oh yeah, she called her family doctor who seems a little slow about childbirth because when the water goes, that is going into labor whether contractions are actually happening or not). Not in Dallas, not in Seattle, not in Anchorage. That is the worst possible judgment and if that's how she thinks for her own family, I have to wonder. (Not to mention the weirdness of not telling her own mother she was pregnant or her children and having one look down at her new baby brother and say, Mom, why didn't you tell us he was Down's syndrome?
What's the difference between Palin and Cheney? Lipstick.
Dear Westello, go find the article that discusses this... the one in which her DOCTOR confirms she was "leaking" amniotic fluid, the one that confirms her DOCTOR gave her the ok to fly home, the one that confirms that when she got home, after hours of nothing, they INDUCED labor to deliver Trig.
We eagerly await your recantation and apology... although we have learned not to hold our breathe.
27. Ragnar, yeah, I am shocked these dummies are actually still sticking to the story we know is false.
28. LOL Pudge, is that you being sarcastic and facetious again??!
29. I stand by everything and yes, I did mention her doctor. Induction means nothing; it's likely you've never had a baby.
You stand by the false implication that he water broke, and that she was in labor? Huh.
You have no serious evidence supporting either. We only know she was leaking amniotic fluid (and in fact, this does not mean her water "broke," as there are various causes of leaks, and some leaks even heal) and that she was having contractions (which are not necessarily a sign of labor).
Please continue to stand by these claims, showing you to be a partisan who doesn't care about the facts.
31. P to clarify, besides the one on top of my head, yes. It is entirely observational (rather than factoidal) but observation is one of the fundamentals used to survey mountains of media dung and determine their height. Right now I am sizing up the Peak of American Xenophobe. It was routinely ascended in the 1980s by the Culture Warriors of the left and the right. A new ascent is being led by the McDrillinit and pAlien team with the Coalbama Slidin team running fast up the opposite side. The injury rate for all but the most experienced sherpa is high on that peak. Their sandals will be caked thick on the way back down, descent being the most difficult part. Party on dude.
32. Acid Brain: would it be too obvious for me to tell you to stop dropping acid? I have no idea what you're talking about here. :)
Bill you don't mean to tell me that in a few years excape will be also able to gain approval from Mary Anne Webster with constant misuse? I'll need a double shot of expresso next time I go to the libary cafe.
FWIW: USAGE NOTE The pronunciation (nū'kyə-lər), which is generally considered incorrect, is an example of how a familiar phonological pattern can influence an unfamiliar one. The usual pronunciation of the final two syllables of this word is (-klē-ər), but this sequence of sounds is rare in English. Much more common is the similar sequence (-kyə-lər), which occurs in words like particular, circular, spectacular, and in many scientific words like molecular, ocular, and vascular.
Oh and it's Pan-Partisan stupidity btw.... Both presidents Eisenhower and Carter pronounced the second part of the word like -ular in circular or particular. This pronunciation is not acceptable in standard English although it is still widely heard.
Ok, going back into my k-hole now you bunch of bad bad trippers.
34. Yes, no serious person really cares about the pronunciation of "nuclear."
35. WTF Pudge? You pulled me out of my nodding off again? You say nucular, I say nuclear. You say commie, I say fascist! You say drill for my SUV, I say overconsuming megaculture based on a faulted model of permanent cheap fossil fuels supported by media enabled oligarchy designed to get us to vote against our interest and throw away money kills Honey Bees! Nucular, nuclear, nuclear, nucular... let's call the whole thing off! :) zzzzzzzzzzz
Acid Head says "This pronunciation is not acceptable in standard English although it is still widely heard."
As I have already shown, you are wrong. Not only is it "widely heard", it is also ACCEPTABLE. Both pronunciations are correct and I think it is really funny that you are continuing to deny this fact. As I said, those who continue to make fun of this just continue to show their own ignorance...
Hey Pudge, go ask any ob/gyn (which incidentially Palin, having a high needs baby, didn't have) what amniotic fluid leaking means. It means the clock is ticking and for a high needs preemie, it's really ticking. Shameful.
But you know what? Whether she and her husband are self-absorbed nits, it doesn't matter. She won't be in the White House any time soon.
38. You say ignorant, I say illiterate. I say diplomacy, you say start bombing! Illiterate diplomacy, ignorant bombing! Let's call the whole thing off. :Coda :)
westello: you're wrong.
Yes, leaking is a serious condition. That is why she talked to her doctor.
You are wrong to say that she was in labor, and you are wrong to say her water broke. What she had was preterm premature rupture of membranes, and her doctor told her what to do, and she did it. The baby was never in serious danger, according to the doctor. You know more than the doctor now?
And OB/GYNs are not necessary for most people, including for down syndrome babies. Having a baby with down syndrome does not imply any significant additional pregnancy problems. You are making things up by implying she was neglectful to not have an OB/GYN (if she didn't ... I couldn't care less either way).
You people are sick.
Don't you realize that Westello is only taking his position "for the children"? After all, a Woman's Right To Choose only applies to when it's used to murder. A Right To Privacy only matters when it's about hiding sexual deviancy or illegal drug use.
I mean, a woman who actually consulted with her doctor and made educated choices to keep her baby healthy and to term simply cannot be "for the children!"
Oh, and Westello... That is what is known as "sarcasm".
But you know what? ... She won't be in the White House any time soon.
Of course not you dolt. Palin will reside at Number One Observatory Circle for four, maybe eight years before moving to the White House.
I know it's confusing when your Presidential Candidate has to spend his time attacking the GOP VICE Presidential Candidate because he simply cannot match up to John McCain.
And of course, he also doesn't match up to Palin either... Thus the whining from Camp Obama, and the continual attacks from the Slavery Party lackeys in the media!
42. Oh Dan you simpleton. This isn't about her "choice" - I could give a rat's ass. Her choice (and her husband's choice) was to endanger her baby when her fluid started leaking. There is NO ob/gyn that would have given her that advice. No way, no how (like that tie-in to the Dems slogan - yeah, I do, too). No, it's quite odd, beyond odd, that she would blithely continue through her day and never once go to a hospital despite multiple opportunities in large cities (Dallas, our fair city, and Anchorage). No, she just HAD to get home. Wonder why.
43. Wait, I thought Democrats believed in a woman's right to privacy? Why the hell is the delivery of her baby anyone's damn business but hers and her family's? You people really are sick.
So you've interviewed every OB/GYN in the nation, and you've had complete access to Palin's complete medical records, and you've been her doctor for decades so you can make the decision for her.
Yes, in your Slaver world, women should shut up, look pretty, cook food, and whelp kids. After all, you Slavers will make all the decisions for them!
So why is it bad if Palin - under the advice of her doctor - flies home. But it's perfectly OK if Obama wants born children MURDERED?
No, the world must conform to YOUR viewpoint or it is to be destroyed! Liberty is just a phrase to you Slavery Party hacks...
Dan, westello doesn't care about actual facts, only those "facts" he can convince himself sound like they are true enough for him to believe.
He's just another liar.
"C'mon kids, telling half-truths is just as bad as telling a lie. Bottom line; she supported and wanted the bridge and when it was politically expedient for her to drop that support, she did. For her to say she didn't support it and turned it away and not acknowledge that Alaska did get to keep all the money only makes it worse. Quote from the Alaska Daily News report:"
Well you should follow your own advice then. First off Obama and Biden voted YES for the money for that bridge. Secondly, that earmark happened during Murkowski's watch. Governors don't vote on earmarks.
Only part of that $300 million was for the bridge, that part of it she returned. The rest was for other projects and that was how she used it.
So please stop telling half truths. You are beginning to sound like the liar Cato.
47. The only way a Democrat will be in the White House is by taking the tour!