August 23, 2008
Irony Watch: Subtle Cheerleader Edition
One local reporter seems perturbed that the AP did this crazy thing - called reporting breaking news - rather than wait for the Obama campaign's promised text message to announce early this morning what the political world had already figured out last night.
Pass the pom poms, please.
Posted by Eric Earling at August 23, 2008
02:10 PM | Email This
Gee... Guzman DID get her panties in a bunch.
2. Can we all say together : She doesn't like the PICK!!!
I might understand if she were complaining that the Obama campaign had played the media all day, who waited with bated breath for the promised text message "sometime Friday." Of course, the announcement didn't come that day - but the Obama campaign owned an entire news cycle (and took the focus off the Saddleback forum earlier in the week).
Personally, I think McCain should have announced his VP pick Friday night. He could have stated that he was ready to announce his pick earlier, but waited all day so as not to upstage Obama's scheduled announcement. Since Obama obviously had flip-flopped on that promise, he (McCain) was therefore ready to go ahead and announce his VP.
BTW, did anyone else notice the irony of Obama's call to his supporters coming out at 3 AM (remember Hillary's ad)?
How ironic that B-HO passed over a woman who has 18 MILLION or so voters backing her and
Instead, Obama chose a man who, months ago, was shooting for a third- or fourth-place finish in Iowa - but came in fifth, and dropped out after he failed to garner 1 percent of the vote.
Can we question his judgement yet??
5. I can only assume that Hillary knowing this will be a disaster (4-years of an 'unknown') and being friends with McCain has made some sort of an 'understanding' that she will have to take over in four (4) years. Otherwise this fiasco is neither a 'win' for either.
Sen Biden...WOW!...who can't seem to ever stop talking 'bout HIMself. Dalai Obama WTF are you thinking??? :)
6. The most substantive part of that quivering loins article was that someone posted a Robin and Maynard link promoting Richard Peterson's 60th birthday.
7. Am so looking forward to the Dem Convention, especially the Clinton speeches. Hillary surely is calculating that if Obama wins and is a flop, the next election will go to the Republicans. If Obama wins and does not have a catastrophic first term, he will be reelected. Conversely, if Obama is not elected, McCain is certainly a one term president, which leaves the field wide open for her in 2012, and in 2016 she will be too old to run anyway. Her looks are already beginning to betray her, so imagine the TV image in 2016! If I were Hillary, I would be looking for ways to sabotage Obama's campaign, probably using surogate Slick Willie. It may even start at the convention.
Rags... your so right!
Duffie... dude your FOOL I would have thought after 1975 you would have learned about the dem's during Nam. I guess you never grew up.
They sh*t on us and the south Nam.... Yet a fool like you, keeps thinking they like us type of people.
All I can say to you is GIVE UP THE DRUGS!
Great point...also well made on the PI blog. Written in your own voice even? (8/23. 309pm)
Am I right? People? Am I right?
10. Gimme an O! Gimme a B! Gimme an A.....
McCaine just got a gift handed o him. how do you say Go Hillary in 2012?
Now all we have to do is help McCain forgive her campaign debt.
This is just too easy.