June 11, 2008
Find any true / fair / accurate representations of Republicans in this video. I was unable to, maybe you'll have better luck.
It's yet another example of how the left is completely willing to lie as much as possible to win.
Cross-posted on <pudge/*>.
Posted by pudge at June 11, 2008
09:31 AM | Email This
1. I'm voting Democrat because hard economic, practical, energy and foreign policy decisions are just too much. Why can't we just have Hope and Change instead.
2. I'm shocked.... SHOCKED; to find out that blatent lying by the far left is going on in the political establishment....
3. I'm shocked.... SHOCKED; to find out that blatent lying by the far left is going on in the political establishment....
There was truth in that video.....during the credits at the end. "all charactors in this video were fictitious". Thats all I could come up with. Maybe there is another one in there somewhere.
I am going outside to step on some little guys and take food from old folks.
5. FOOTNOTE: I *swear* I only clicked the ''POST'' button once; I know it takes a long time to come back while posting. Must have been IE that did it...
Wow. That was a tear jerker.
/off to club some baby seals
Methow Ken: same thing happened to me the other day. Crazy. I blame my trackpad button. (Seriously, lately I've been seeing double-clicks when I only click once.)
Wow, that's pretty bizarre. The sort of thing you'd expect to see on Saturday Night Live. Seems unlikely anyone will take it seriously; gives it too much credibility.
The far left liberals will get a laugh out of it, but who believes their votes can be changed anyway. The rest of the people will just shake their heads and think - "How Dumb!"
9. I found one truth...We need more blacks in Prison.
km, yeah, the sad part is that good satire is based very heavily in truth. If you're going to say things that are completely nonsensical with no bearing in truth, it's not good satire.
The only way this works as a satire of DEMOCRATS: showing how their view of Republicans is completely nonsensical. And as such, it is a mildly amusing, albeit unintentional, self-parody.
Note that the group that made the video is called "SyntheticHuman".
The whole thing was "synthetic".
"Truth in Words": every single post
you've ever made on this site -- I looked at them all, there were about a dozen discussions -- is racist trolling.
I am pretty certain that you're a liberal Democrat, hoping to get people to agree with you so you can point at Republican racism.
Does it frustrate you that you've never succeeded? And have you yet realized that just maybe this means that Republicans aren't racists, as you've suspected?
Whether you are serious or merely a troll, one thing is certain: we don't agree with you. We're not racists, and we reject racism, and we all believe you're a fool.
13. Yep guys, this is the Dem party. LOL
14. If Republicans are smart they will produce a video exactly the same except apply real Democrat ideas. ie... I'm voting democrat because I want to Tax all industry I don't like, I want to vote democrat because I want an income tax in this state, I want to vote democrat beause I want gas prices to be $6.00 per gallon, I'm voting democrat because I want the government to choose my doctor and treatment, I want to vote democrat because I want to maintain the Education Unions monopoly on Washington State schools, I'm voting democrat because I want to be forced to ride a Bus or Train rather than have the freedom to drive my car anytime I want.... Must I go on?
I don't get the question, Pudge. If it's a Democrat video, why would it have to be truthful or fair? Who still expects distortion-free honesty from Democrats? What is the Democrat Party today but a propaganda machine fighting for power with lies and deceit?
I think a more interesting question would be, "what percentage of voters out there do you think are stupid enough to accept all of these lies and distortions?" I think this is a fascinating question, because I also believe that in this perceived time of greater awareness and understanding, the American voter is actually getting dumber and more gullible every day; thanks to our failing liberal education system and the mainstream media.
16. Palouse saw your blog post on Rossi via Orb. Nice. The best part is where Rossi says he wants government to treat citizens more like valued customers. Amen. How many hear have walked in to a Permit Office or other government office and been treated rudely. That should be a firing offense like it is in the private sector.
17. Where is the Great Truth Seer, tc, when you need him?
Why "piss with the skunks"? How hard would be be to ignore this, take the moral highground, and tackle actual issues? Unfortuantely, neither party seems capable of doing that.
This sort of puerile bickering is why I'm completely disgusted with both parties.
Hey pudge, just for fun I looked up Truth In Words Yahoo profile, based on his return email addy:
While I don't care enough to grab the screen on the off chance he runs off to change it, I would note a couple of choice entries -
Real Name: Nunya Biziness
Home Page: www.hightimes.com
He has been a Yahoo member since '01 and has not updated his profile since '06.
Nunya, get off the weed. It's roaching your brain.
Because if you don't stand up to these sort of lies, you'll end up with some nutjob like Eric Oemig being elected.
john @18: Note that I don't respond in-kind. I think there is value in exposing dishonesty, especially since that is the only way Obama can win this year. If this election is on honestly discussed issues, Obama loses. It's only by avoiding issues or lying about Republicans
that they can win.
22. Lies were always their M.O. Always will be. Since time began it was the M.O.
23. Pudge is a Pansy: First off, Registered Republican since before you were born(unless you are born earlier than 1953. Secondly, this you tube posting is silly at best. I guess I should always put "I kid I kid" after each of my posts. Racist trolling? Wow, and here I thought it was the dimocrats who threw around the dreaded "R" word. If you think I am a racist, then you are the real racist. Facts are facts: As noted on this site and many others I read(Townhall, Fox News, Stormfront, Michale Medved etc). If i can't make a joke on a conservative website, then you are truly the ignorant one. I just don't believe in candy coating my words, unlike you. I don't think R's or D's hold the title of Racist camp, never said it or implied it. Doesn't if frustrate YOU, when you have to make up things to try to prove your incorrect point. Racism is gone, i don't see kneegrows hanging from trees anymore, I don't see cops pulling over innocent blacks, I don't see people in white sheets running up and down the CD to burn crosses? The only thing I see is that a HIGH percentage of blacks commit crimes, have unwed babies, and don't finish high school, let alone college. Affirmative action much, lets see: Condi rice, Colin Powell come to mind. Save your drama for some uneducated RINO, not one who has been voting R, since Nixon days. True Conservative(Fiscal and Moral).
24. True@14. Oh, yeah! As I watched I pleaded with God "please please please put me somewhere I can help write the response to this ad"
"...voting democrat because I just can't do it without the government"
"...voting democrat because everything should be explained in 8 second sound bites"
"...voting democrat because the deep down we believe terrorists just want a group hug"
"...voting democrat because my teachers don't want the competition. Come to think of it, there shouldn't be ANY competition for ANYTHING."
Great Truth Seer, such flattery. Seriously, I can't view the video right not (blocked site). Therefore, I have not comments with regards to its content.
Posted by john cocktosin at June 11, 2008 10:44 AM
Ah, a Fletch fan.
And while I understand those who wish to 'fight fire with fire', I support your point. No sense in walking into a room full of skunks armed with a squirt gun. Let them makes fools of themselves.
"Truth in Words": Make up things?
I stand by my claims: every single one of your posts on this site is negative toward blacks. Every one, without exception. There isn't a single post you've made that isn't. And most of them are outright racist. Here's some of your greatest hits:
I find it hilarious that anyone would believe in putting a black to run this country.
Most negros have been spoonfed that they have to vote for obama. And they all follow inline like lambs to the slaughter. McCain needs to adress the problems that black people face... So many of them are drug addics, illetirate, un-employed and on welfare and robbing people and having too many babies.
I swear when people say MOST, they really mean "ALL". Stop being a pansy and speak the Truth in YOUR Words.
I think Rangar thinks as highly of black people as I do
NO Bros, NO Hoes in 08!
I found one truth...We need more blacks in Prison.
And then there's this, which makes me pretty sure you're a troll:
More people, on this site, should be honest in their opinions like you. I mean, if more blacks knew how people felt, I think they would just not talk to you.
Regardless, I don't care if you are a Republican or a Democratic troll. The true point is that it doesn't matter: we reject you and your racism (real or troll).
I will not be responding to you again. If you're a Republican, you're one I can do without.
Hey all get this. Another one under the Bus.
Keep it up Obama. LOL
(MSNBC is reporting that James Johnson has stepped down from the Barack Obama VP selection committee...)
AMV: huh, I thought it was OK that he was on the campaign since he is UNPAID.
Obama said this.
It's time to kick that fool. (Truth) He needs to find a racist site.
This isn't it!
31. Racist trolling? Wow, and here I thought it was the dimocrats who threw around the dreaded "R" word.
Sorry, saying "I found one truth...We need more blacks in Prison..." is racist. There is no other way to describe it. Saying a particular race needs to be thrown in prison, by virtue of the fact they are that race, is racist. If it was meant as a joke, it wasn't funny, and so poorly done that no reasonable person would see it as a joke.
As noted on this site and many others I read(Townhall, Fox News, Stormfront, Michale Medved etc).
The fact that you admit that you frequent a white supremacist site, and site it as a source for your facts, isn't helping your argument any.
Put down the weed, quite listening to the T-Man, and grow up.
32. I am not going to respond to you anymore. I think your parents taught you well. Be a brat and walk away. Nothing racist in what I said, unless you are saying Rick D and rangalarrlala are racist trolls as well. Read their discussions on blacks, and you will find that we think alike. Use stats and you are a racist? Interesting point Pudgey, I will be sure to tell all that facts make you a racist. Simpleton! Who commits most crimes(percentage)? Who has most unwed babies(percentage)? Who makes up the biggest population in prison(percentage)? highest drop out rate in high school(percentage)? Might make Pudgey uncomfortable, but not me. Be truthful in your words/thinking.
I thought it was OK that he was on the campaign since he is UNPAID.
Got me, but that darn bus is getting really full.
34. Army Medic/Vet & Pudge:
For what its worth, what I read was that Johnson resigned because he didn't want to be a distraction to the campaign.
Anyone got a camera and some nifty video software? I have a script for a rebuttle.
I am voting Democrat 'cause:
- "I want genocide in Iraq because I am a pinhead racist and hate America."
- "my dream is to see freedom and the American way destoryed."
- "I want to murder babies, and free everyone from our jails, including serial killers."
- "because we should destroy the greatest healthcare industry in the world and replace it with a pathetic government monopoly so we can all die sooner and rid the planet of its human cancer."
- "I pretend to love the environment but support hairbrained schemes that actually do more damage to the environment."
- "we should bring back slavery!"
- "so we can take all the rich people, poor people, and heck, the middle class and put them in death camps."
- "my idea of peace is being a slave, or dead."
I just emailed my Democrat ideas to the production company responsible for that video.
Feel free to email them your suggestions!
37. I'm voting Dimocrat becauth all the fellaths down at Bend-Over Bath House thaid the Dimocrath are really thwell.
For what its worth, what I read was that Johnson resigned because he didn't want to be a distraction to the campaign.
You bet. When is Obama going to step away from people with a problem past. His Rev (two), his friends (bombers), funny land deals, now a guy who has loan problems.
You have a guy looking for your VP when he's got this type of garbage?
When is Obama going to step up and say I goofed. He never has for all of these picks.
Yet I hear how Obama is SO smart. "really"
P.S. That bus needs a lift kit.
I'm voting Democrat because we did deserve 9/11 and don't deserve to consume energy anywhere near proportionate to our level of GDP.
I'm voting Democrat because people who create jobs are evil, greedy and must be punished.
I'm voting Democrat because I feel people should be limited in opportunity based on their race and background.
I'm voting Democrat because I feel we should reward people for not working and not taking responsibility for their own health and prosperity.
I'm voting Democrat because I feel we should reward failure, not with tax breaks for lost investment risk, but with rebate checks that have no correlation to one's attempt to better their lot in life.
I'm voting Democrat because I feel environmental policy should be based solely on emotion and that hard science is really just a formality when you have really good rhetoric.
I'm voting Democrat because I feel our country has had it too good for too long and we need to slow our economy down so the world will be more equal.
I'm voting Democrat because quality health care can be achieved by a central government that can't even manage a cafeteria.
Surely you've figured out that 'Truth' is the alter ego of our favorite
racism lens, WVH... who has conveniently disappeared. A name change won't disquise the victim attitude nor the racism excuse worn like tin foil armor.
Welcome back WVH.
41. tc, I think by the time November rolls around, even you will be voting McCain for the same reasons I voted Nixon in 1972- too afraid of the alternative.
42. I'm voting Democrat because I am a pathetic miserable failure and I feel that I should not be denied what others have because I have made poor choices and have squandered every opportunity I have ever had to make something of myself and furthermore I only vote for those who enable me to not take personal responsibility for anything in my life.
I'm voting democratIC because I can't think for myself.
I'm voting democratIC because I can't do for myself.
I'm voting democratIC because I am a victim.
I'm voting democratIC because I need a mommy... daddy need not apply.
I'm voting democratIC because I like Kool-aid and Kumbaya!
44. Who is WVH? Rangalar, I would think you find if refreshing that I don't hold my tongue? Ahh, another RINO. I had so many hopes for you.
Do you grasp the difference between a Republican and a CONSERVATIVE?
Oh! wait for it.... 'truth' is going to expound about how she is an independent
Your exuberance (and glaring inability to resist) to jump on me is quite revealing 'truth'.... and interesting name change you've chosen.
47. Funny! However, you could substitute "Democrat" for "Republican" and it would play the same.
Better yet substitute: "Republi-crat".
We're all looking for bigger government, especially our national Republican Party.
The Empire is dying; let's revert back to a Republic & re-acquaint ourselves with the Constitution!
48. SG Steve: that is what those of us at the grassroots GOP level are trying to do.
Where did all these freaks come from?
Someone leave the door open.
Truth In Words:
"If i can't make a joke on a conservative website, then you are truly the ignorant one."
TIW, you broke the Cardinal Rule of Humor: You're not funny.
51. I'm voting Democrat because I need the government to tell me what I can eat, how to dpend my money, where I can live, what I can do with my property and if I don't like my kid, I can stuff his head into me kill him and claim he wasn't "viable".
I'm voting Democrat because I love socialism. Socialism produces such great things. Just look at the
And there aren't fat people under socialism as the food shortages make sure no one gets dangerously obese. The great work camps also ensure a healthy individual who is worked daily to keep them fit as a fiddle. And under socialism there are no messy protest as any dissent is crushed by the secret police and their families disappear during the night.
The thought under Socialism is a provided by the government and there are no confusing competing news sources. This makes it simple enough for even the most uneducated proletariat to easily repeat the government slogans and thoughts.
And the medicine under socialism is given to all. The good thing about this is that the people can't just walk in and get high cost procedure unless the government deems them fit. And the government wisely makes them wait for months for life saving procedures so they will appreciate what they have been given.
Of course there is no gun violence under socialism because only the government has all the guns. Anyone else is a criminal and traitor to the motherland and deserves death!
These are why I vote Democrat.
53. Thanks for sharing this video, pudge. But I thought you had a sense of humor.
Bruce: as I said above, "... good satire is based very heavily in truth. If you're going to say things that are completely nonsensical with no bearing in truth, it's not good satire."
I didn't find it funny because I *do* have a good sense of humor.
Contrast that video with my Christine, Christine, Christine song. Note how everything I say in there is based very heavily in truth, and it winds up being much funnier, and much more persuasive.
55. I didn't find it funny because I *do* have a good sense of humor.
I actually found it hilarious... but not for the reasons the makers of the video would want me to.
I found it hilarious because there are actually people who live in such an insular bubble, that they actually honestly believe Republicans are like that, and don't realize what idiotic, immature jackasses they are making themselves look like by putting forth this brainless drivel.
56. O-ba-ma, on your shoulder, ......
57. Mike H, yeah, that was my other point: if it is funny, it is only as self-parody.
The video demonstrates perfectly how the liberal mind works. It is unfettered by the truth. It functions solely on belief, and driven by passion. The truth just gets in the way, and that is what separates the left from the right. The leftist mind simply refuses to allow the truth or the facts to get in the way of their belief and passion.
That's why you can't argue with a liberal. How to you alter belief when the mind is closed to the truth?
"Liberalism is a mental disorder."
I'm voting Democrat because I've been made to feel guilty about some perceived injustice and I want all of you to pay for it (even though you had nothing to do with it), so that we can all just breathe a sigh of relief and feel better about the world we live in. Kumbayah!
I'm voting Democrat because I don't believe anyone has a right to burn things on their property - unless it's an American flag.
I'm voting Democrat because I support the troops and want them to fail their mission in Iraq.
I'm voting Democrat because it's the party that equates success with unfair advantage.
I'm voting Democrat because they require the government to mandate equal results rather than equal opportunity.
I'm voting Democrat because English is hard.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe public parks and playgrounds are a good place for homeless drunks and young children to get to know each other.
I'm voting Democrat because the Republicans only allow me to vote once!
60. I'm voting Democrat because I would love paying $20.00 @ Gallon for my gas..I mean after all a moose has rights!
Back in the early 90's, this was the kind of thing that made me stop and think. I did and I haven't voted for a Democrat since.
Yes, this makes my blood boil with the stupid simplified lies but that is how the left works (and when that fails, violence. But that is a different subject). Remember when voting for welfare reform would have had old ladies eating dog food? Or "we are all responsible for AIDS"? This stuff is laughable really.
The only people this kind of propaganda appeals to are those that already drink the Cool-Aid™. It makes them feel good. In fact, any seriously thinking person who knows the issues would see the bogusness (is that a word?) of it all.
What I would like to hear from is somebody who is voting Republican now or was considering voting R that changed their mind after viewing it. I'm thinking like . . . uh . . . zero. More the other way I'd think.
62. A good number of these comments on why I am voting Democrat are so Good that I'm copying them and pasting them to a folder for future review and to compose an email with the collections. These collections will be sent throughout the Internet and should be very effective in stating the Conservative position and perhaps, open some Liberal eyes and persuade them to change their vote.
This is fun:
I am voting Democrat because I think that homelessness will be solved if we just build fancy drunk shelters and $250K pay toilets.
I am voting Democrat because I like the fact that Seattle is removing parking downtown. People shouldn't drive to the businesses located downtown.
I am voting Democrat, because I believe in light rail. All we need is a light rail train from Tacoma to the U, and all of the traffic problems in the Puget Sound will be solved.
I am voting Democrat because I want to replace a key transit corridor through downtown with a multi billion dollar tunnel. I don't mind paying higher taxes if I just get a nice park on top of the tunnel. And I don't mind the years of inconvenience of having only one North South route through downtown. People should not be driving cars anyway.
I am voting Democrat because even though there are only 20,000 or so cyclists, I believe that a major slice of transit money should be put towards improving bike lanes throughout the city. Because after all, bikes are more natural than cars.
I am voting Democrat because I like the fact that Union employees are forced to pay dues that go to Democrats. If we can just get a large enough Union base, then I won't have to bother with the inconvenience of voting Democrat.
MJC @ 58:
You are right on!
Its clearly not a real ad, but it does give us all good outline of what American Marxists think of the rest of us.
That's what I love about the freedom of speech - idiots get to sound like idiots and to spend their money doing it.
Keep it up George Soros - spend away!
66. I'm voting Democrat....because it's easier than thinking.
This American pretty much nails what it is to be a genuine Republican. He wrote this in 2004, and paid to put it in the Washington Post while John Kerry had ambitions to become president. And like today, grotesque attacks were being made and perpetuated by the MSM against the president, Republicans, and conservatives.
$104,655.60 Ad in the Washington Post
Just a comment regarding Eric's thread about this one...
There is a third choice. It doesn't seem to be popular anymore, but it's there.
C) Take the high road. Prove these retarded videos wrong with action and with principle. Live according to what it means to be a Republican. Don't make excuses for some rights lost because you don't care about them, instead care about ALL rights, as they all support each other. Err on the side of liberty, for that is what our enemies fear most. Push for limited government at a national level. Continue to push for less taxes, but condemn spending that isn't backed up by income. Realize that not everyone believes the same as you but that your best chance of converting them is to be a good example. If you're poor, show them that poor people do have a chance in this country without handouts, by not taking handouts and by becoming self made. If you're rich, show them that rich people bring prosperity to this country by creating jobs (and therefore enriching yourself further!) and wealth for people.
I choose that route instead. Who's with me?
Andrew Brown: not me!
@ 68. That all sounds good to me!
Just remember that when you look up and see the cresting wave of reality breaking right toward you ....meanwhile, I'll be at the tiki hut ordering an adult beverage.
71. Rick D... not sure what's unrealistic about it... that's how I live.
72. Pudge - The fact you don't see the truth behind the satire fits entirely with the mold. i.e. your reaction to this video is exactly as one would expect.
Daniel K: so are you up for the challenge? So far, no takers. You'd be the first, so it's wide open. Tell us any true/fair/accurate representations of Republicans in the video.
If you don't, then we know you're just blowing smoke.
74. Andrew B.: The problem is that the U.S. is trending the other way. This Nation built on the creed of "rugged individualism" has been steadily weaned in the direction of "learned helplessness".
I only wish I could say the reality were different.
75. Democrats - ah yes, the sneaky and irresponsible party mocking Republicans aka the stupid or foolish party. I'd like to see this once the Republicans step out of character and make a commercial mocking voting Democrat - Lord knows there is tons of material..
You and the boys are fond of calling every one under the sun, liar. If you would check with Eric about the little chat I had with Eric, you will find I informed him I was on permanent hiatus from this site. No I am not Truth in Words. Since so many of the site gurus are in the computer business, all they need to do is check the IP address. You boys can play in the sandbox without any further interference from me. I must admit that I am interested in the true identity of Truth. Not me, though. Have a great life, summer calls.
Ta Ta forever.
I'm voting Democrat....because I believe all 57 states deserve to be heard.
I'm voting Democrat....because even though I adhere to black liberation theology and a black values system, I believe we need to move beyond the issues of race in America and embrace a message of unity.
78. "Not me, though. Have a great life, summer calls."
Summer? Did you move out of state? =)
79. I was asked for my comments earlier today, but had to defer. Now that I have got a chance to see the video, I agree with Pudge. It is stupid and if it supposed to be satire, then they need to back to school and learn what satire is.
Welcome back. It has been a long time. Last we met, I had some questions for you that you ran away from. Will you please answer them now/
Once again, here they are:
1) In 2001 the Nisqually quake damaged the Alaskan Way viaduct. We wer subsequently told that it was a matter of life and death to replace that structure and this argument was used to get our gas tax increased. Subsequently, the first project the DOT used that money for was a bike trail in Moses Lake.
Do you believe that the Alaskan Way Viaduct is a disaster waiting to happen, similar to the Cypress Viaduct in 1989?
2) Gregoire had four years to come up with a plan for the Viaduct replacement. That is in addition to the 3 years her predecessor (another Democrat) had. She has not done so. In fact when given the opportunity to show leadership, she instead put the issue to voters. Do you think that she has showed leadership on the viaduct issue by punting for over four years in addition to the three years of punting her Democrat predecessor did?
3) If you were raped, would you want the DOC releasing your rapist to live under a bridge five miles from where you live? Would you not care if they didn't notify you of this?
Would it make it any better for you, as a theoretical victim of rape, that the same thing occurred in Florida to rape victims there?
4) With our state running a $2.4 billion budget deficit, should we be spending money on pet massage, as the Gregoire budget currently has us doing?
5) With our state running a $2.4 billion budget deficit, should we be spending $1.5 million lighting the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in decorative holiday lighting, as the Gregoire budget currently has us doing?
6) With our state running a $2.4 billion budget deficit, shoulw we be using taxpayer monies to subsidize the Clearwater Casino, a the current Gregoire budget has us doing?
If you and Gregoire thinks those items above are more important that fixing viaduct, why should the people trust you and Gregoire to have any different priorities for the next four years?
7) How in good conscience, can you support a woman whom you know for a fact attended a racist sorority and even embraced it by becoming its president?
pbj and Rickie,
Best Wishes. No I didn't move out of state. I simply responded to Rags' statement. Best Wishes to you both. This site is exactly the way you want it. For me, as I informed Eric, it is summer. Now, the record has been corrected. Coda.
Carry on without me. The hiatus is permanent. Ta Ta.
Pudge @ 54 & 73: I enjoy your humor and music too. But yours is not the only style of humor, and no good comedian needs to tell people why his humor is funny, or funnier than someone else's.
The "I'm Voting Republican" video is funny precisely because every statement is an exaggeration, but based on truth. Of course the statements are not literally true any more than the ones in your song about Governor Gregoire. The former video, however, has the added stylistic absurdity of featuring people professing to believe stupid things. You are welcome to say it's not funny. But criticizing it for not being factual shows that you have a major blind spot in your sense of humor and/or the video hits a major sensitive spot in you.
Anyway, I truly appreciate having discovered this video from you.
Bruce: you said you reject my criticism, but then you say it is funny in a way that specifically agrees with the merits of my criticism.
You say it is based on truth. I say it is not. Which part is based on truth? I couldn't find ANY of it to be based on truth, at all. Perhaps you thought I meant that it had to be a perfect representation of Republicans. Not at all. Find for me even a BASIS in truth of ANY of it.
For example, the first thing they show, about Wal-Mart. On what truth is that based? I can't fathom it for the life of me.
Step up to the challenge. Daniel K wouldn't, will you? I'm waiting.
And no, many of my statements about Gregoire are literally true. That's the saddest part. The parts about only gambling where she chooses, and about being forced to give union dues to her, are absolutely true. The part about her spending more money on the people each year and not worrying about coming deficits is absolutely true. No exaggeration of any kind was made on those points.
A slight exaggeration was made on the New Math line, of course. As to the transportation issue, many of us firmly believe that is NOT an exaggeration, that she is, if not herself a believer in it, then she is someone who is led by the nose by people who very much want the roads to be clogged up so that we will be forced to use public transportation, people like the Sierra Club.
The rest is, I believe, a very accurate representation of what she wants and believes: that she has first dibs on our money, that she believes she can use it better than we can for the good of ourselves and everyone else, and that if we want to keep our own money, then we are greedy.
What part of the above do you disagree with?
84. YourLifeIsMyFault: I dislike Wilda's posts on here as much as anyone, but your profane attacks were over the top, and were removed. Feel free to try again.
85. Thanks for the coustesy, Pudge. Don't worry about disliking any posts in the future. As long as I am not mentioned by another poster either using my intials as Rags did or name as you did, there is no need for me to ever reply. As long as my name is kept off this site from here on out, I want nothing further to do with this site. Best Wishes to all. I plan to enjoy the season. I want nothing further to do with this site. Everyone got that.
Pudge, you can find elaboration of the video at www.imvotingrepublican.com/more.php. I don't care to debate the specific points on that site, but it should give you a clue where the video is coming from. Once again, it's humor
. Of course the Republicans don't have a Wal-Mart policy.
As for your video... how do you know it's "absolutely true" that Gregoire was "not worrying about coming deficits"? Did you ask her what she was worrying about? Etc.
Lighten up and stop being so impressed with your sense of humor and your ideological infallibility. It's unbecoming.
I have a question. Is this considered a political ad? If it is, can a church contribute its facilities to this ad?
In the credits, there's a mention of an All Saints. I bet this is the church in Pasadena CA that's being investigated by the IRS for violations of its non profit status. Or at least they were at one point.
88. Ta Ta forever.
-Posted by WVH at June 11, 2008 09:33 PM
Carry on without me. The hiatus is permanent. Ta Ta. -Posted by WVH at June 11, 2008 10:34 PM
I want nothing further to do with this site. Everyone got that. -Posted by WVH at June 11, 2008 11:54 PM
Ok I got it now... FOREVER lasts 61 minutes and PERMANENT is a whopping 80 minutes.
Got it. Whew! Glad you cleared that up.
Oh! ps, PhD, you might want to check the definition of HIATUS. You should be embarassed to discover that, by definition, a HIATUS cannot be PERMANENT... which in your case lasts 80 whole minutes!
Hey Bruce~ If you go to that site, you'll see just why Jonah Goldberg wrote the book Liberal Fascism. The "Get informed" button TELLS YOU
to read the NYTimes, Listen to NPR and BBC Int'l and get involved in PIRG's against the big evil Companies that employ people. Then they instruct you to watch propaganda video's like Syriana,Sicko,AnInconvenient(Lie),and other assorted landfill.
Sites like that are designed to take mush brained people and turn them into good lockstep, unthinking liberals who will go on to make future videos with the tag "Synthetic Humans". which by one of the definition of synthetic:
"not real or genuine; artificial; feigned", they do a pretty good living up to.
Bruce: nice try, but I'll take that as a "no, I can't tell you any truth it is based on." If you could, you would. You won't, so I'm calling you on it: you can't.
And we know she wasn't worrying about deficits because she knew EXACTLY what she was doing all four years. She even gave speeches about how we shouldn't drastically increase the budget, because it would lead to future deficits, but she did it anyway. And her plan for getting us out of deficit is simply to raise taxes.
Ok, I'm taking the challenge now that I had a chance to actually watch it...
1:15 (The apparent lesbians) - Republicans want to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Maybe you're ok with that, but that part is based in truth nonetheless.
2:14 (The officer) - He says he's voting Republican because the Constitution is sometimes just one big headache. Under a Republican federal government we have pissed all over the Constitution. Even the 2nd amendment wasn't free from danger during President Bush's term - he said he'd sign another assault weapons ban (cite). The Patriot Act contained potentially countless arguably unconstitutional rules (I can't think of a better word, sorry, it's early), but some examples include a ban on providing advice to terrorist organizations, searches without probable cause (4th amendment violation), national security letters, etc. Because I know the standard Republican response to these allegations is always some sort of rationalization that these violations of the Constitution are necessary to be free (what?) and safe (what?), I'm going to stop my citations there instead of wasting a bunch of my morning going through the rest.
So yes, pudge, I'm with you, I think that all the economic stuff is a bunch of malarkey created by people that don't understand that big business actually gives them jobs, but there IS truth in the parts about civil liberties.
I await someone's rationalization, whether it be safety and freedom, pointing out how Democrats are worse, or maybe some new reply that I haven't seen yet. :-)
Re: the lesbians: that is a pretty weak justification for claiming that Republicans want to tell people who to love. Civil marriage has NOTHING to do with "love." So that is not based in fact at all. As to lifetime committments, that's marginally based on truth, but it's inane: they are not telling you how to best show a lifetime committment, they are telling you ONE way that you CAN'T. So I'll give a half-point for the second part, and zero for the first, for a total of a quarter-point.
Re: the officer: OK, I'll grant you that (though I disagree with some of your claims under that, but that's another discussion), but on the other hand, the Democrats ignore the Constitution (because it is a headache) MORE than the Republicans do, so it wouldn't be a reason to vote Republican (note, of course, that I am not using this to rationalize anything, just saying it doesn't fit the claim of "I'm voting Republican because ...").
I suppose maybe you could argue that because he is a cop, that the context implies CERTAIN PARTS of the Constitution, those that restrict law enforcement, but even then, the Democrats are far worse on the Second Amendment (which many police chiefs dislike) and create crimes the enforcement of which violate are Fifth Amendment right to due process (hate crimes). So I'll give a quarter-point for that, just because there's so many caveats: ON BALANCE, in the area of Constitutional rights specifically related to LAW ENFORCEMENT, you could argue the Republicans are SLIGHTLY worse.
So out of how many ever dozen points they made, they have half of a point.
Anyone else? :-)
Well, at least you gave me partial credit, even though I backed it up with citations of court decisions declaring things unconstitutional. :)
No gold star sticker though :(
Andrew, very briefly, I agree that the part of the statute outlawing advice to terrorists was unconstitutionally vague, but I DO NOT agree that a statute could not be written that would pass constitutional muster. Providing advice to terrorist organizations is treason, depending on the specifics (that said, we probably don't need an additional law for it, which is probably why it was basically dropped as an issue). So the way you wrote it, that generally "a ban on providing advice to terrorist organizations" is unconstitutional, caused me to voice disagreement.
Also, as to guns, complete side note: this was the biggest reason why I was sad to Ashcroft go, and why, I think, he was attacked so much by the left: not so much over the Patriot Act, though that was the reason most often given, but over his support for the Second Amendment.
Per Erik's post above-
I have to confess that when I didn't give a crap about what the government did, I voted democrat (except I didn't even care enough to vote).
I started becoming conservative after I bought a house and had the government really start sticking it to me. Living in Thurston County and seeing the vile hate for our country on parade with socialism was also a good catalyst.
In my 20's a lot of the crap in that video might have rang true. For instance limiting abortion to a teen or 20 something male means increasing the consequences of chasing lots of skirt.
In my teens- I became aquainted with the GOP when going to listen to Ellen Craswell speak for an extra credit assignment. That didn't leave a very good taste in my mouth about the GOP.
On that same line- I mostly didn't vote in those days because I KNEW I KNEW NOTHING and since government didn't have their figurative finger up my butt all the time (college and soon after) I was content with the status quo.
I bought Clinton's drivel because I was on student loans, paying tuition, and didn't really care enough to dig in on how much he was lying.
I'll confess I voted for Roberts for Governor in Oregon back in 90 because I didn't know squat and thought it would be cool for a woman to break the glass ceiling. Seriously- I didn't know a thing about either candidate.
All was not hopeless because I voted for cutting property taxes in that same election because I knew I would own land one day. Not bad for a clueless liberal.
I haven't read Medved's "Right Turns" but I heard him talking about it at length. It totally applies.
The end story is- Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Gary Locke, and Christine Gregoire have created more conservatives by sticking it to us than anything we as conservatives could ever do.
I swear if Big Oil would start running commercials asking "will you let us drill now?" people would go nuts.
That's actually a fantastic marketing idea, Andy :)
Use that text over video of pristine areas along the alaska pipeline and say "you really want to pay this much more money for your commute in order to prevent this atrocity.... oh, wait, not really an atrocity, is it now?"
97. I swear if Big Oil would start running commercials asking "will you let us drill now?" people would go nuts.
I know I'd like that alot more than all of those warm and fuzzy BP commercials where they talk about all the great things they're doing besides oil exploration.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that a 12 year old girl should get her parent's permission to pierce her ears, but not to get an abortion.
I'm voting Democrat because my neighbor has a higher income that I and it's not fair that he isn't giving me any of his money.
I'm voting Democrat because I'm too lazy to get a job and it's the responsibility of the government to give me food, housing, and transportation.
I'm voting Democrat because I spent all my money on a vacation and large screen TV and now my kids need new clothes.
I'm voting Democrat because I take drugs, drink, dropped out of school, and it's not my fault.
I'm voting Democrat because illegal immigrants should have the right to vote.
I'm voting Democrat because 9/11 is our fault and if we surrender to the Islamic fascists they will leave us alone.
I'm voting Democrat because Barack Obama's charm will convince the worlds thugs and dictators to give up their pursuit of nuclear weapons.
I'm voting Democrat because our taxes aren't high enough.
I'm voting Democrat because our troops are victims of the Bush administration which has turned them into rapists, baby-killers, and cold blooded murderers. Oops, I mean "I support the troops."
Running away again? Can't answer the questions eh?