September 05, 2007
Former Congresswoman Jennifer Dunn has died
Dunn, 66, collapsed from a pulmonary embolism in her Alexandria, VA apartment and never regained consciousness, her son, King County Councilmember Reagan Dunn, said in a press release.
She passed peacefully surrounded by family.
My condolences to Reagan Dunn and his family.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at September 05, 2007
09:59 AM | Email This
1. I am completely shocked and deeply saddened by this news. This is a great loss to us all. My thoughts and prayers are with Reagan and the rest of Jennifer's family. Jennifer and I had been working together on Mitt Romney's campaign and been exchanging email and phone calls regularly right up until the end of last week. I'm so sad.
Rest In Peace Jennifer.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Dunn family in their time of grief.
Sadness upon the death of a great representative. Even the Dem's knew they had no shot in the 8th with her in power. Always threw up the sacrificial candidate for fun. Dave Reichert can barley fill her shoes.
PS: Even if he had Jennifer's backing Romney doesn't have a chance in hell against Giuliani.
4. My condolences to the family. She was a class act and a great conservative role model.
5. My thought's and prayers are with the family and friends of former Congresswoman Jennifer Dunn. She was an icon for the Republican Party in Washington State, specifically the Puget Sound region. May she rest in peace.
6. Indeed, dittos to all positive comments on Ms Dunn; while I did not support her I too thought she was the epitome of 'a class act'. RIP and God Bless!
Republican are dropping like flies
Ohio Rep. Paul Gillmor was found dead in his apartment Wednesday, a Republican leadership aide said.
The aide said the body of the 68-year-old Republican was found by staff members who went to his apartment after he failed to show up for work. There was no immediate word on the cause of his death. Gillmor's office did not respond to a reporter's call.
Gillmor, who represented Ohio's 5th District in the Bowling Green area of the state, was first elected to Congress in 1988.
As an 8th District resident, I want her family to know that I was truly honored and proud to be represented by Jennifer Dunn as my congressperson. She was just outstanding in that position and truly made a difference for her constituents. She was a true friend to the taxpayer.
She will be missed by all, and we are truly grateful for her contributions through her service.
Cato - If I didn't know better, I'd suspect you were actually a conservative trying to make liberals look bad. But since I do know better, I know you are just as classless as you appear to be.
I'm shocked by Dunn's death, she was still very young really, and just starting to enjoy her retirement and watching her son make his mark in politics. I pray for her and her family.
10. My thoughts and prayers to the Dunn family. This lady was awesome. I will always appreciate her efforts for the Distirct and the State.
11. Jennifer Dunn was indeed a class act. We don't see many of her calibre any more, so the loss is even greater. Condolences to the family.
12. Cato: Your remark about dropping like flies is tasteless, boorish, and commpletely uncalled for. I would expect better from you.
13. "Cato: Your remark about dropping like flies is tasteless, boorish, and commpletely uncalled for. I would expect better from you."
Good God, why? It's par for the course with him.
14. As a Democrat from the 8th district and a political foe, I wish to express my deepest condolences. Jennifer was a class act.
15. Sad news.
16. I would like to echo katomar's sentiments and ask the trolls to NOT put tasteless or mean-spirited comments here. Take it somewhere else. (and I hope Stefan deletes the tasteless comments)
Please let this thread be something that her family can print out and place with other treasured memorabilia that they will surely collect and keep to share with others.
17. I liked Dunn, she was a good politician. I can't help that another respected GOP house member dies on the same day. I have nothing but respect for Dunn.
18. Cato, you're just making it worse. Shut up!
19. I can't help that another respected GOP house member dies on the same day.
No, but you can help it if you are a boorish jackass.
Leave it to Cato to make a complete ass of himself again.
Great score card kid!
Two deaths hardly constitutes "dropping like flies" Add my condolences to the families of both Jennifer Dunn and congressman Gillmor.
22. Best wishes to the family in this very difficult time.
Two great, strong, women leaders of their respective parties have recently now passed away. Karen Marchioro of the D party just passed away, too.
I had the honor of meeting Ms. Dunn at a fund-raiser several years ago and was quite impressed. At the time and it was 7 or 8 years ago, some of her kids were at the fund-raiser and I was most impressed with her as a mother.
She did the normal hand-shaking and talking, but I really liked the 'family' aspect.
Why do all the great ones have to leave us? Condolences to the family; while our loss is great, yours must be so much more so.
WOW! I can't believe that Jennifer Dunn has passed away. I met her on a few occasions while working on the Linda Smith campaigns. She was always polite to everyone and willing to lend a hand when needed. I really respected her and I am very saddened at this news.
I pray peace and comfort for her family.
25. I'm very sad to hear of Jennifer Dunn's passing. It is truly a shock. My sympathy to her family and all of her many friends.
She was the type of woman I was very proud to vote for, and I hope she is now looking down and guiding us from her peaceful new place.
I hope she can rest assured that we will carry on her fight for the right.
She was one who worked for the people - with actions, not just lip service, unlike many other politicians in the here and now. She towers over the women in Government of this state (Murray, Cantwell, Gregoire) when it comes to class and integrity.
She will be difficult to replace but easy to remember.
28. God bless the family of Jennifer Dunn. This is terribly sad and unexpected news. : (
29. God bless the family of Jennifer Dunn. This is terribly sad and unexpected news. : (
30. God bless the family of Jennifer Dunn. This is terribly sad and unexpected news. : (
31. Those of you who know me here, know that I likely agreed with the Congresswoman on little. But our political positions comprise, or should comprise a small part of our lives. From all accounts Dunn was a great citizen, a loving mother, and a consummate and ethical politician. The word that most comes to mind is statesman. I wish her family well in this difficult time.
Ah, God, this is so sad. Jennifer Dunn was such a rare jewel, a true leader and an example to others. She was one of those people that you know can never be replaced.
Rest easy, great lady, and godspeed.
33. I was stunned and saddened by the terrible news of Jennifer Dunn's passing. The first time we had the great pleasure of meeting her was in 1994 at a town meeting in my city. Two of my sons attended the meeting and after the meeting, she walked up to my boys, stuck her hand out and said, "Hi, I'm Jennifer Dunn, what's your name?" They were flattered and I was so impressed that she would take the time to speak for several minutes to a couple of 12 and 14 year old boys. She was kind, thoughtful and full of grace. I was so disappointed when she decided to retire because I was so proud to have her represent our state. She was one of a kind. Our thoughts and prayers are with Reagan and the rest of her beloved family at this terrible time of sadness and grief.
34. I was so dazed and saddened by the news of Jennifer's passing. I worked with Jennifer for many years in local King County GOP politics. She was so intelligent, organized, and probably one of the classiest, nicest people I have ever met. I can't ever remember her ever saying a bad word about anyone, nor anyone saying same about her; on either side of the aisle or an issue. Her boundless energy for the cause of the GOP and Conservatism was served quite well with the leadership she set as an example for us all. I am comforted by the conviction that God has a special place for the Jennifer Dunn's of this world. God Bless you Jennifer and my deepest sympathies to your family and all those that loved her, on this great loss.