July 26, 2007
The King County Canvassing Board is holding a challenge hearing this morning1 on 1,768 fraudulent voter registrations submitted by ACORN last fall.
As stated in an affidavit from the Prosecuting Attorney's Office:
it has been determined that the voter registrations [on the attached list] were fraudulently created by employees of ACORN. The individuals whose names were used on the fraudulent registration forms did not participate in this fraudulent activity, nor did they have any knowledge that it was taking place.
Among the names on the list of challenged registrations:
Fruto Boy Crispila
ACORN sued in federal court last year to prevent the state from validating new voter registrations
. Did you know that ACORN (Project Vote) is committed to Ensuring Integrity in Voter Registration Drives
and that allegations of voter fraud are a baseless Republican scheme to erect new barriers to voting
19am, King County Courthouse Rainier Room.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at July 26, 2007
12:40 AM | Email This
1. What, no "Jive Turkey, Sr." this time around? How lame. At least they had a certain (very limited) impish charm about them when they were using cartoon character names. I feel ripped off.
No Mickey Mouse this time? (They already tried it in Ohio; thankfully Ken Blackwell intervened).
May ACORN (as an organization) fall to the ground and never get back up.
The tolerant, diverse Homocrats are the problem.
They own Washington due to the lack of any kind of leadership in the Republican party.
Not even the Republican Secretary of State would speak against the gross fraud in the 2004 Governor's race.
It will all happen again in 2008.
Congratulations are in order to King County Prosecuting Attorney Norm Maleng for his office's QUICK action in filing these challenges to the 1,768 fraudulent voter registrations. It only took Maleng NINE MONTHS to file these challenges after this problem was splashed all over the newspapers in October 2006.
Okay, Maleng has been gone from this world for a little over two months now. Still, there was complete inaction under Maleng's fine leadership for SEVEN MONTHS, plus another TWO MONTHS of Dan Satterberg's continued fine leadership.
Even TWO MONTHS is too long to wait when an election is coming up. King County Elections is now ready to mail all these folks their absentee ballots! Maybe if they can act quickly enough on Satterberg's belated challenge, they will be able to pull these absentee ballots.
5. Does not this dragging of feet from the powers to be that ACORN was responsible for attempts of Voter Fraud. And the powers to be do not want this let out.
It seems interesting that ACORN sued to prevent validation. That opens the door to Massive Frauduent voter fraud. Non Citizens voting. And multiple voting at different locations. That these are acceptable under the current people running the Elections department and those whose job it is to stop and enforce the laws to prevent this from happening.
Voter Fraud in certain areas have the same consideration of Car thieves. DO it 11 times before you face jail time. Maybe VOter Fraud has a higher treshhold IF they had 2000 or maybe 5000 phoney registrations they may have moved faster against ACORN. 1768 is just too low a number to take serious as a crime. KC Justice in action.
6. Look out RP, your new found friends in the Democratic Party and ACORN have spent a lot of time and money trying to dienfrancise the voters of King and Pierce County. Since we do not have a good handle on how many fake registrations have been submitted by ACORN, Project vote and others it may take longer than we like. Who knows maybe they are trying to coordinate a RICO action too. We must realize the internal resisitance at King County to not act against the friends of the curent power structure must be tremendous.
First, clean and honest elections are in every
one's interest. Next, changing to an elected election director is just one part of what needs to happen. Is the Secretary of State going to propose changes in the law to make it possible to prove voter fraud? Judge Bridges seems to interpret state law to make prosecution almost impossible.
Katrina vanden Heuvel, the limo lib editor of the Nation is going to be against any attempt to ensure the integrity of the vote. Many of the old voting rights cases deal with poll taxes and citizenship tests. Because the schools were so inferior and there was legal segregation, Blacks and others could not meet the requirements. Currently, the schools are often inferior and instead of doing real voter education and helping people to obtain identity documents or helping felons who have paid their debt to society expunge their records and file for restoration of rights, ACORN cheats. They cheat because it is not about empowering people, it is about mining votes. There is nothing discriminatory in requiring proof of US citizenship and identification. Heck, in another couple of years passports will be required for just about everything. A state drivers license based upon proof of citizenship or a state ID card should be required. Most people who are employed legitimately will have these documents.
Desiring clean elections is something people of all flavors should be promoting.
SLAPDOWN. Nice. You'd think that Progressives would be for clean elections knowing that at some point in the future, the pendulum could swing, even in Blue States like WA. But, no, all we hear are screams of evil Republican schemes to disenfranchise victims and felons.
Avenged are the false reports of conservative violence and election scare tactics, the real scare tactics, tire slashings, extortion and general unhingedness is on the Left!
9. There had damn better be some criminal prosecutions announced, especially if they are going after the lady who registered her dog just to make a point.
10. Quite frankly, I'm no longer sure we can succeed against such a determined clever enemy as the Democrat party. While they may not have asked for any particular actions, like the terrorists, they have far too many jihadists willing to to commit atrocities on their behalf. I am no longer sure right thinking heartland Americans can defend themselves from the onslaught. There comes a time in a flood when you can no longer bail, the sand bags are floating away and you just have to walk away. Days like this, I fear we are there, that the likes of Hillary, Acorn, NARAL, Kos, activist judges and the ACLU just plain wear us down.
11. Truth be told, there are plenty of conservatives who do similar stuff. The difference for us is that Republicans don't play that way in WA. But look to states like Ohio and New Jersey. There are shady Republicans there.
Paw prints get slammed. 1,700 fraudulent registrations filed by ACORN employees priceless.
Why are the defendants still at large. They should be arrested and a high bail required to bail their sorry +++es out of jail. Are the falsely registered names still on the rolls? If so, why?
And why does ACORN get away without a fine? Obviously the organization has a hand in it.
ACORN has proved beyond any question that fraudulent registrations existed in past elections. The question is how many? 1,700 is the tip of an iceberg. I suspect the number is much greater.
AD, are you suggesting that New Jersey, the state which changed its losing Democrat Senatorial nominee at the last moment is suffering from Republican voting fraud? You have got to be kidding.