June 26, 2007
As the Presidential endorsements from prominent local elected officials and party poo-bahs pile up, here's a collection of what I could find:
Jennifer Dunn just endorsed Mitt Romney.
Dave Reichert is backing Rudy Giuliani.
Slade Gorton and Rob McKenna are on board with McCain.
Adam Smith signed on with Barack Obama (no word on whether or not he too has a crush on the audacity of hope...maybe Colbert should have asked him that).
And Jay Inslee supports Hillary Clinton.
I wouldn't be surprised if I've missed some. If so, please post in the comments and I'll update accordingly.
I also believe one of the most enjoyable elements of such early endorsements is the opportunity in the future to rib those who choose poorly, such as former Democratic Party Chair Paul Berendt's endorsement of Howard Dean. Yeeaarrrrgghhh!!!!
Posted by Eric Earling at June 26, 2007
11:48 PM | Email This
1. Who's Dino endorsing?
2. Seems like Gordon and Mckenna are likely to feel that regret. I might not like Guilliani and Romney, but they aren't nearly as likely to go crazy as wold WALNUTS McCain.
Hopefully some of Obama's 'coolness' will rub off on Adam Smith! :-)
FWIW McCain still looks good to me, though I'm not going to formally support anyone in the short term.
One thing about both McCain and Giulianni is that they are both of sufficient stature not to get bullied around by the handlers and donors. They will both make their own decisions.
As will Hillary and Bill3, the best bet going right now.
4. No surprise that the corrupt Rob McKenna would endorse McCain.
5. No surprise that nutball Don would run his mouth without any substance to his charge.
6. Outside of Rudy possibly coming close, none of them will win.
7. No endorsements for Al Gore or Michael Bloomberg yet.