March 08, 2007
Democrats beginning to challenge Dave Reichert for 2008
Postman reported that a Draft Ross Hunter for Congress website has been launched.
A commenter claimed that:
the domain name was registered by Hangwire [true] -- one of Ross Hunter's consultants, and a firm which has close ties to his general consultants, Moxie Media. It calls into question his claim that this is a spontaneous grassroots exercise rather than an orchestrated attempt.
(PDC reports show that Hangwire has received direct payments from other Dem. legislative campaigns, but no direct payments from Hunter's campaigns. Moxie Media has received direct payments from Hunter)
Eastside Democrat blogger Mike Barer claims that motivational speaker and broadcaster Tony Ventrella will also run against Dave Reichert.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at March 08, 2007
06:37 PM | Email This
1. Is Darcy Burner going to run again, or will she be returning to finish law school?
It'll be a tough race. Hunter's a very strong opponent.
Reichert's lucky Hunter didn't run last year. Reichert was able to hold on because Burner was a total joke as a candidate, at least in terms of resume.
2008 won't be as tough of a year, but Hunter's a much tougher opponent, so yah, he better work hard and take nothing for granted.
3. What's this? A little competition and Darcy is nowhere to be found...Hmmm. Ross and Tony better check in with Dwight, they could be left out in the cold if they aren't liberal enough. Funny the draft Ross website touts his economic reforms to balance the budget while in Olympia, didn't Dem's critize Rossi for all of the Draconian cuts he made to get that same budget through with what's his name...oh yeah Gary Locke. At least Tony can tell a story and give you a haircut at the same time.
4. Tony "the barber" Ventrella? Now that's funny stuff.
5. Anyone notice on the website it says "Draft Ross!" Looks a lot like "Draft Rossi"
6. Thank you for the mention. As you see, although we have not been able to take the 8th District at this time, We will not let it become the Republican equivilant of the 7th district. We are out to take it every time.
7. What? Hyphenated-Heidi isn't running this go-around?
8. Maybe this time the Democrats won't let Goldy be their spokesman! Link to Goldy..LOSE. Bye the way how is Washington better served by having their entire delegation Democrat? If we look to Olympia we have an example of what it could mean on a natioanl scale. Felons released early to vote and taking their pitbulls out for a stiff drink at the bar to celebrate the ability of both of their votes to count.
9. Really Huh, I don't see us knocking off Doc Hastings in '08. Also, it sounds like you are giving up. I want to hear about some creative candidates to challenge the existing delegation.
10. I don't see you knocking of Cathy McMorris Rodgers either. Friendly advice, save your campaign contributions and invest them in a race other than the WA-08.
I suggest that Eric Oemig, who was on Michael Medved's show today to discuss his ill-advised attempt to impeach president Bush from the WA state legislature of all things, run instead. After all, now that he's newly elected senator from the 45th, he's shown that he's far more interested in impeaching President Bush than dealing with early release of prisoners and dealing with lack of prison space, right?
Oemig shows where his interests really lie. And they aren't in state politics. I wish he'd resign the st. senate and let someone who really cares about it take his place so he can ready his own campaign (which he would lose) against Dave Reichert (who I voted for and who will receive my vote no matter which leftist the dems run against him.)
Oemig, you've proven that you can't be taken seriously. Please stay home and whine to yourself instead of blatantly ignoring real problems here at home in Washington state to engage in pleasing the far-left echo-chamber KOS teenagers.
12. I don't need to give up, the party hasn't started yet. You folks tend to eat your own during a competitive primary, apparently Darcy doesn't have the stomach for the fight when the path isn't cleared for her by Dwight. Has Kirkdorffer jumped ship yet? As usual the Democrats will over play their hand, in two years the shine will be off of the apple. On the State level the deficit will finally hit home with the average Washingtonian and a balance will return to Olympia, not a majority Republican, but certainly better balance. The Seattle driven legislature will finally take it's toll.
13. Michele: Yeah, I heard Oemig on Medved today, too. I was struck by his complete inability to sling a coherent sentence together to save his life! What a complete nincompoop. Does he really not know that the WA State Legislature has no power to impeach the President? What I really enjoyed was the lady from his district who called in and raised all kind of cain with him about sticking to fixing roads and other such for which he was elected!
katomar @ 13:
HA! Funny you should mention that. I remember having a conversation recently with someone else who also noted Oemig's complete inability to articulate, and and compared him very unfavorably in that regard to his district-mate Roger Goodman, who speaks about little other than the dire need to legalize his beloved marijuana, but with far greater clarity and articulation than Oemig can speak about anything!
The world is nothing if not ironic. Maybe Oemig should light up some weed himself!
15. Huh, You are completely correct. The national tide will turn as voters observe Nancy Pelosi requesting a 747 jet that uses $300,000 in jet fuel to take her to California, John Edwards' 36,000 square foot house and Al Gore's energy consumption. Meanwhile all three tell us we have to sacrifice for global warming. In two years the entire Democrat party will be in ruins which should also affect Washington (finally). Hopefully this will be the end of these idiots.
Speaking of Darcy "Backburner" Burner, I think she has gone back to her roots at the local neighborhood association and trying to build her base there for a brilliant comeback. This time she actually needs to do something of distiction like getting a great lawn-cutting contract with illegal aliens and also can vote for her. Zzzz !
And what about Dave Ross, don't count him out. After all he is the "voice of reason" and he has that golden voice so loved by the ladies in KIRO.
17. I personally find Darcy much more apealing the Pam Roach, the Republican sweetheart. I wouldn't mind being a hypocryte with a jet. You should be concerned if I tried to fly it.
I guess it just proves Microsoft is in bed with the Democrats. That's probably the only way they can keep forcing the American public to paying for their software.
19. Microsoft will go wherever they can get a good deal. Gates contributed a great deal to the Bush campaign . Still, at this time, it's in the best interest of the region on the whole for Microsoft to profit.
20. Kinda stinks to be represented by someone who is so far out of touch with his constiuents...any change to someone who actually represents his base would be an improvement of significant magnitude!
21. Eric Oemig needs a Medical evaluation along with others in office.
The 2007 and 2008 electons, the voters should VOTE OUT the representatives who for cutting and running from the WAR.
Stefan can't find a tangible link between two politically active organizations...so he creates the appearance of a possible connection and therefore a possible issue.
Stefan is coming to a possible conclusion by listing completely unrelated facts together...and then leaving the reader with an impression of connectedness.
Kinda like Libby testimony. Or Gingrich statements. Nice to see he fits right in with his party pals.
Finally, let's use the same logic on His Stefaness:
* Stefan runs soundpolitics.
* Most posters here think Stefan's words are Godlike.
* Stefan is probably God.
23. I just heard Dwight Pelz on KVI for a couple of hours with Carlson. Talk about a pathetic, sniveling, Land stealing, Communist Lackey, Dwight takes the prize. Washington Democrats should be ashamed of him, but they aren't because he is a mirror like reflection of the whole group.
24. It seems as though Mike "thin Skin" Barer thinks he is being dumped upon here at SP according to his post at HA. Mike, the very fact that you consider HA a viable resource speaks volumes about you and your support for Darcy. Maybe if she spent more time working with the community that she wishes to serve rather than attending Camp Wellstone with Eric Oemig and Goldy she could develope the relationships necessary to win.
25. Please no - dealing with Rossi is enough "DINO"s for one campaign season (democrat in name only). Running for the sake of running is not how we change this country - let's draft someone who can win, yes, but also someone we're proud of
26. Prediction: Come 2008, Reichert will be conned into running (and losing) some higher office, perhaps governor, to open up space for Reagan Dunn in Congress.
27. Prediction: Come 2008, Reichert will be conned into running (and losing) some higher office, perhaps governor, to open up space for Reagan Dunn in Congress.
No way, not gonna happen. He won't run for Governor because Rossi is going to run, and win.
Doesn't have a law degree, so he won't run for Attorney General. McKenna's running for re-election anyway.
Neither Senate seat is open in '08.
Any other office he were to run for would be a step down.
So even if someone wanted to do that, they would likely be unsuccessful.
That said, you are right that Reagan Dunn will clearly be the next R from the 8th. He's being groomed for that. But he's young still, only 35 I think. He can afford to wait a few years.
After another 2-3 terms, Reichert will get tired and/or run for another office, and Dunn will run then.
28. Hey Postman says Darcy one note is jumping in! She's like a freaking ground hog, her appearance indicates 20 more months of lies, distortions and supercilious whining.
29. Looks like Darcy's on it already. As for Ventrella, I thought he lived in Mukilteo - at least he use to do local theatre there. Any way to check it?
30. If the war isn't under control by 2008, I wouldn't want to be ANY Republican running for office - especially in Washington state. Darcy hasn't missed a step and is already doing the Power Point tour with her analysis of 2006. Sheeee's baaaaaaak! She may be tougher than Pam Roach and just like Pam - she also carries a gun.
31. Power point Tour? What does that consist of, a picture of herself? If the War isn't under control by '08 shouldn't we be looking to replace all of the Democrats in control of the House and Senate? In Washinton State the Democrats have held the Governors mansion for over 20 years. They have had King County and Seattle for about the same amount of time, why don't we already have utopia? Why do we have any homeless problems? Why do we have hungar or poverty? Why is our education system failing the kids? Perhaps Washington does need a change but judging from current results Darcy and her buddies are not the answer.
32. Well at least Darcy will have time to buttress her resume a bit. I predict she'll take a leave of absence from her onorous duties as the Pres of the Aames Lake HOA and take a trip to Iraq, talk to 'the troops', and then come back to denounce Bush/policy. She may also try to squeeze out a second year of lawschool...
33. I just heard Darcy kick off her campaign on Goldy's show with a fabrication. She said that Reichert voted against a "pay as you go" provision in the house proving he was fiscally irresponsible. Well according the the Sunday TIMES How your lawmaker voted section (Page B2 Local Section), Reichert voted FOR Amendment No.1 to HR 569 the "pay as you go" provision, unfortunately that amendment was defeated with the help of every Democrat in the Washington delegation. This can be confirmed at the Clerk of the House website Roll Call vote #123 at 4:34 pm on March 7th. She is a loser and now a liar.