October 29, 2006
About that ad
A couple of readers e-mailed to complain about the DSCC "Quack! Help make George a lame duck" ad in the right hand side bar. One reader, "Peaches Marie", posted a comment here accusing me of "selling my soul". Uh, I'm not selling my soul. I'm selling space on the right hand side of the blog, which, by the way, was sitting empty for several weeks, unfilled by, say, Republican ads (until this evening).
And if you think about this way, I suspect that few of our readers are likely to be influenced by DSCC advertisements. It doesn't bother me all that much to take the money that they might otherwise use to buy more effective advertising.
BTW,Peaches Marie, thank you for your financial support of Sound Politics. (oops, never mind).
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at October 29, 2006
05:41 PM | Email This
1. Yep, it's no big. Look at it this way---when they're spending their money here, they're not spending it somewhere else. AND they're supporting our favorite local blog. such a deal!
2. I agree, it's better that the ad money gets spent with you for a good cause. And the idea that some campaign "genius" at the DCCC thinks this is actually a good place to troll for support humors me to no end. :-)
3. Waaaaa! Don't like opinions, huh, Stefan?!? The advertisement is offensive (from my R stance) and I've given money to p-l-e-n-t-y of Repulican's this year. How much have you given Stefan...beside's I'm paying, thanks to you, a minimum of $100.00 a year to monitor my credit thanks to your reckless voter database, Stefan! Maybe that's money I could have given to you....
Yeah! Well I don't like it Stef! You are selling your soul!
How dare you make it just!!!
I'm looking for land away from this wacked out stupid liberal state and the people in it!!!
5. That has to be one of the worst internet ad's I have seen in my life. I thought ads were supposed to be persuasive, all this makes me do is block it with adblock...
6. I Agree Stephen, that is like all the Republicans advertising on KVI and KTTH. Plus Stephen Linked us for free but I did donate out of the kindness of my site and believe in Sound Politcs. even if my spelling suck.
7. Make that "Republican's this year" (not Repulican's), money that I don't immediately have, Stefan. But it's an investment. By the way...I have purchased from the advertiser's of Drudge Report. Why don't you just stand out on a corner and ask for money, sheeeeesh! Or get a day job? LOL! Oh and dcat....I'm moving to San Antonio for relief. And by the way the DSCC has bombarded my mailbox every day with that ugly broad's (Marcy Burner's) advertisement's to the point of being harrassing.
8. Oh, and this is Democrat classic! Stefan sounds like a liberal...attack, attack, attack. This is too classic I've had to page my friends to get a load of this.
9. Well if you have a fireplace I guess you can start it with the DSCC mail with the ugly broad's (Marcy Burner's face)Peaches Marie. LOL
10. Recycling dcat! Recycling-minus my shredded name and address! I've thought about collecting all of the rubbish and dropping it off at the Democratic Office right next to the Election's office at 35th and Cedar but....I doubt they'd clean it up! LOL!
11. Stupid ad. Panties in a twist. Dems waste money advertising here, priceless.
12. Hmmm....McGavick took $28M out of Safeco....Cantwell to $16+M out of RealNetworks....the Shark takes what? $120 out of Sound Politics? Big deal! I just love Capitalism!
13. Just consider it the "price of admission" to politics. This being a blood-sport, those ads aren't even a tickle ;'}
14. My goodness, peaches do bruise easily! I think the ad shows how juvenille the left behaves. I see those all the time. Anyone can buy them on google. And it warms my heart to think that all over the nation nutroots are scrimping send send money to the DCCC to buy these ads and this one is totally wasted here.
15. Stefan, you usually show more sensibility than this. How can you justify attacking one of your critics for not donating to your website? To what purpose would you stoop to that level? I really wonder about you sometimes, Mr. Sharkansky.
16. I love seeing the ad on SP. It just shows how incredibly dumb the D's are, thinking that by showing a quacking President Bush, they will convince conservatives to vote against Republicans. And them wasting some of their precious campaign dollars on this ad is priceless! The only part of the ad that rang true was at the end where they say the "Democrats need your help". Indeed.
Huckleberry: How can you justify attacking one of your critics for not donating to your website?
I only do that when people criticize me for accepting ads they don't like, or when they criticize me for the way I respond to people who criticize me for accepting ads they don't like.
You don't like what you read here? I'll give you a refund ;)
I seen an ad for McGavick above the Quack ad now. Leave it to the Dems to create a catalyst for the conservatives. Just remember to vote! They continue to win because they are louder.
Read in the Times today about McDermott. That should scare you all more than this dumb ad that is financing SP.
19. I will be sending in my contruibution by mail. Thank you for providing honest reporting that cannot be found in MSM.
20. Stefan, you are becoming increasingly ridiculous. I hope you can find your way back to the ranks of the credible. You've done so much good work within the Puget Sound political scene to be falling apart now. Stop attacking people who disagree with you. That is Doug's job! :)
The more the Hate Bush crowd want to fund this site through advertising, the better. Kills two birds with one stone. Further emphasizes their lack of real arguments making them more and more irrelevant and helps pay for conservative discourse.
Let's advertise all the moonbat garbage we can find. Nice work Stefan.
22. I see a M/Darcy ad in the Google Ads above. Let's all click through so Stefan gets paid for that one too. :)
23. Relax, Marie. Stefan has no soul. Not even a relection in a mirror. (Maybe that explains the beard.)
24. "I only do that when people criticize me for accepting ads they don't like, or when they criticize me for the way I respond to people who criticize me for accepting ads they don't like."
Yeah, but how to you respond to critics who buy ads on your blog that criticize the response of the critics cricizicing your response to their criticisms of critical ads on your blog?
That is what we really want to know!
And here all along, I thought only DEMONRATS were without a sense of humor!!
I LOVE seeing the little Bush-headed rubber ducky!! Almost as much as I love seeing the "Bushmonkey". It serves to remind me how FREAKIN' LOONEY the left is!!
I don't love Bush, but I dislike looney leftists IMMENSELY!!
26. Firefox + adblock = what ad?
sounds like someone is reacting like a recent religious-leader's cartoon. break out the Molotovs. free speech. fund it any way you like.
sheesh. who cares. if you can't discern for yourself, you have bigger issues. since when did SP become the holy book that can't be touched by infidels?
I figure such ads are just an opportunity to help websites like this. The ad buyer pays for "click-throughs", and I do just that, and a second later close the window. At which point I've transfered a bit of Dem money to SoundPolitics.com (or whatever site I'd like to help.) Where's the harm in that?
29. maybe Shark is "Metronatural"
30. Shark, can you teach me how to get my competition to fund my business ventures?