October 27, 2006
Here and There
Today's P-I: "Sims undervalues airport, critics say". No, silly. He's just creating wealth more efficiently!
Today's Times covers Democrat Deb Eddy's alleged theft of GOP campaign signs.
Francisco Franco is still dead and Sound Transit light rail is behind schedule.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at October 27, 2006
11:32 AM | Email This
1. Unbelievable that the Democrat that runs Sound Transit will not fine their contractor for nonperformance, but instead, will reward the company with a change order.
2. Yep, and "creating wealth more efficiently" does NOT entail raising my taxes. Heck, it doesn't even create wealth for govt. When Reagan cut taxes drastically in the 80's, federal revenues went through the roof!
3. I feel pretty safe removing "alleged" from the "alleged theft" claim. She's admitted to taking the signs - pretty reasonable step to call that 'theft'. She's welcome to prosecute.
This is interesting:
Eddy, an attorney, said she did not commit theft under state law because she told the Republicans she took the signs and had no intent to deprive them of their property
Can any of the legal minds here comment on this?
"Honestly, I didn't steal the car, judge, because I called the owner after I 'appropriated' it and told him I took it for my own purposes."
Somehow I don't think that argument would fly either.
6. Another example of the Left Wings support of free speech.
7. The real issue worth emphasizing here is you have a Democrat Candidate, Ms. Deb Eddy, more concerned about her opponents campaign signs than the issues.
Hopefully voters in that District will vote against her because of this lack of focus....not splitting hairs over what constitutes theft.
All this nonsense and no talk of about how Ted Stevens staffers tried to frame Cantwell for a fake Stevens website? Typical conservative bloggers, only talk about the Dem's dirty tricks and completely ignore their own parties underhanded dealings.
9. The key word is FORMER staffer, and there was absolutely NO coordination of that website with Stevens. In fact, Stevens apologized for the websites' existence even though he had nothing to do with it. Nice try.
10. Cato, thanks for admitting that the Dems engage in dirty tricks. Careful, they'll throw you out of the part for telling the truth.
Both sides engage in dirty tricks, that's a well know fact (remember this?
). It's just that everyone on here has blinders on and feels free to blame the Dem's for everything.
...."Puget Sound is polluted with toxic chemicals, it must be the Dem's fault for raising taxes and not cleaning it up"
..."Tacoma smells funny, must be the Dem's fault for trying to impose tough air-quality regulations"
..."The sky is falling, must be those damn liberal Democrats fault"
Funny, Cato, I've been a conservative in the Puget Sound area for 25 years, and I've never heard any of those.
Dirty tricks happen on both sides and, when caught, the perpetrators should be punished. And when liberals get caught, conservatives are going to celebrate as much as liberals do when conservatives are caught.
So quit whining.
Who's whining...not I. Just pointing out the faulty argument on here that Dem's policy's are the root cause of everything bad. It's like a bunch of broken records...Sound Transit is over budget, blame the Dem's. You really should blame
the stingy concrete plant owners or the union for striking. Neither of which involved the Dem's in any way, but you're more than happy to place blame because that's what people do here.
Stefan still seems a bit bitter about not having his column in The Stranger anymore, can't imagine why else he would bother picking fights with Josh Feit.
Just for the record, I could care less about either party. I'm voting libertarian. =)
15. The only paving going in Rainier Valley is the way that is being paved for future Jamba Juices and Starbucks. Do you really believe the delays are legitimate? Why do you think Sims was ST director? The bicycle man has no shame.
Oh come on now Cato we all now that all that is caused by Global Warming!