October 26, 2006
I'll be on Dori Monson's show on KIRO-AM 710 at about 1:05 p.m. PST this afternoon, to discuss the state of Seattle's Public Schools, and my recent, related SP post. Tune in!
Posted by Matt Rosenberg at October 26, 2006
12:50 PM | Email This
1. Obama: "Knock on doors for Marcy Burner". Haha
From what I hear...
The State of Seattle Public Schools is:
"Parents scrambling to make enough $$ to send their kids to Private Schools!"
3. Mr. Cynical... are you suggesting that having bad schools it good for the economy?
1. What were the key points made on the radio broadcast?
2. Eric, what exactly is your key point?
3. Bad schools are in my opinion the result of too many stakeholders with an interest in self and not enough interet in educating kids. An unusually suspicious person might think that there is a devious design to keep as many people as possible ignorant. Because they are easy to manipulate and may not participate in the political process. That reasoning means that elites of either party drive the process.
4. In an earlier thread, I asked how dividing the district advances the "common good." Anyone have an answer?