October 19, 2006
Shame On City Of Selah For Rebuffing Minuteman Meetings
Worried about police manpower and possible violence from illegal immigrant rights activists, administrators and the board of the city-owned civic center in Selah, Washington have denied an application from the anti-illegal immigration group known as The Minutemen to rent space for meetings there. But it's curious the Selah police chief cites possible protests and police response as a reason to deny the group's request to regularly meet at the civic center. If they meet somewhere else, aren't protests almost as likely, along with police being called to the scene? The venue makes little difference. Except, I guess, if it allows the city administration to kowtow to advocates of illegal immigration. Shame on Selah's commissars of political correctness. In Eastern Washington, no less. Sheesh. UPDATE, 10/20/06: The mayor is urging the civic center board to reverse its stand.
Posted by Matt Rosenberg at October 19, 2006
08:51 PM | Email This
1. Maybe the Munitemen should try not inciting hateful and sometimes violent attitudes towards other human beings. Maybe that will help them rent some crappy civic center.
2. Maybe the Munitemen should try not inciting hateful and sometimes violent attitudes towards other human beings. Maybe that will help them rent some crappy civic center.
3. And how exactly are the Minutemen inciting hatefull and violent attitudes towards other human beings?
4. Minutemen do not address the issue of illegal immigration in a realistic or honest way, and they readily promote stereotypes that are wholly inaccurate.
5. Minutemen do not address the issue of illegal immigration in a realistic or honest way, and they readily promote stereotypes that are wholly inaccurate.
a few questions for you:
since when is trespassing ok with you?
would you react likewise with someone trespassing in your house, yard or kitchen & helping themselves to your food & housing?
do the ends justify the means?
since when does 'hard work' equate to a pass to the line's front or a passport?
what do you tell others waiting lawfully in line?
are YOU willing to 100% sponsor the illegal workers with your OWN funds & housing?
Selah's local residents are paying for the illegal workers in their higher property taxes, hospital taxes and school levies--is that fair for Selah's employers to push their employment costs on their neighbors?
the Minutemen are disliked because they draw
attention to lawbreaking many wish to ignore, hoping it will go away. forget cheap produce--this is also a national security & financial issue for states & counties. of course, in your comfy Seattle condo with view, it's easy to be generous with someone else's tax money.
My wife is here on a legal green card. Cost us close to $5,000.00 and 16 months of our lives wondering if and when it would be issued.
After her arrival she attended a "talk time" function at the downtown Seattle public library. Talk time is designed to assist those with limited English language skills, and a worthwhile service.
One day the class leader asked those in attendance how they liked Washington's medical system. Two Hispanics in the back immediately chimed in with "Washington good, it's free. Oregon no good; California no good. Washington very good, it's free!"
In our now six-years together I've never seen my wife so amped while relating an incident. She sees how we struggle to meet our obligations and wonders why they think they deserve a free ride.
Since her arrival she's related stories to me on how illegal, and many times legal, immigrants work the system. The overall thinking is the money is there for the taking so they take it; and then refer to us as "stupid Americans."
8. Ted im in the same boat my wifeis from south america and we jumped through all the hoops seven years and still dealing with it not to mention the thousands of dollars it cost.Since my wife speaks spanish she talks alot with the nieghbors and you said it they do think the money is for the taking and they do think we are stupid americans.My wife is starting to believe we are stupid ...look at our laws. The nieghbors just bought a house across from us $495,000 it was a 100% goverment funded loan, they are illegal three families live thier the garage has never had a car in it since they built makeshift cots and rooms, they all get welfare, food stamps from the wic program ,thier seven kids all get free school lunches i could go on but the kicker is that they all work under the table, recieve unenployment when they vacation in mexico 5 months of the year, They have eight cars in front of the house new mustangs, an escalade[spinner hubcaps of course and a variety of new xtra cab trucks and so on.I drive an old 92 toyota beatdown and can barely make ends meet. why cant i get those bennies ? Because im a honest hard workingand i guess STUPID AMERICAN!
9. BlueSeattle...aka BS. Try wandering somewhere beyond Capitol Hill every once in awhile and get a clue. Assuming, of course, you could find one with both hands.
10. Ted, js -
I commend you for applying for citizenship legally. The time and expense issue - well that's the way it is and that's the cost you pay.
As for those neighbors or others you have information about, what have you done about it? Have you called or written to any legal / enforcement agency?
Voice your complaints yes - but take some action also!
Lest you forget why Republicans are going to lose big in November. Here is Bush calling the Minutemen "Vigilantes", back in March 2005.
Apparently the Sound Politics Republicans have forgot that their President and much of their party was solidly opposed to anyone attempting to control the border.
What's your point JM#11? Are you trying to say that Ds would do something? (Other than remove all walls, all boarder patrol, and hand out voter cards).
People on this site have been complained about the inaction of politicians. The very few that do want to do something are voted in despite their predecessor resigning in disgrace (Cunningham).
13. Ah, the paid troll is active today. Following the Democrat playbook to try to suppress the R voter turnout.
What is the real cost of illegals? Most people have mentioned government Assistance. Here are some hidden costs many people dont want to talk about.
1. Disease. Hospitals across the country are seeing diseases that are normally only seen in the third World. Our doctors are not that familar with them because they are rare. (No Medical checkup as required from for all legal immigrants)
2. Higher Health Care Costs: Someone has to pay for the free medicial care given to illegals. Emergency rooms used as personal Doctor. Plus funds given to illegals but State Citizens who work but make only 20K per year can not get any medical help. I have a friend that had surgury last week was in the hospital for 3 days Medical Bills over 20K. No medical Insurance. State will no help because they need the funds for illegals medical care. She is worried on how she will be able to pay these bills. An American because she is born here having to wait to see if the state will help. She is worried about paying this bill. Also inflated because of hospital costs are inflated to help pay for services given for free to illegals. If you have health insurance you do not see the bill but it hurts when you have no insurance.
3. Criminals using Illegals to bring drugs into the country. Increase Criminal activity related to illegal aliens gangs. The question should be asked why do we deport criminals instead of sending them to jail for minor crimes. BUt some of these illegals are back in this country within a week. To say how bad it a revolving door is. An illegal was deported because he beat his wife. It took about a week and he was back in the Seattle area. That is pretty bad
4. You do not know who these illegals are. They allow criminals to hid amoung the illegal population and they can continue to do crimes change their name at a whim unless you take their finger prints you do not know if they are a murder or someone who has been deported a dozen times from other states because of felony convictions.
5. The cost of making these illegal Citizens.
a. Estimates of 12 million illegals may become 30 million. People providing fake paperwork to get citizenship. Increase in illegals crossing the border thinking they can win the citizenship lottery. That includes all the criminals using fake papers to continue their activities. No safeguards in place to say if you are a felon you can not have citizenship. Everything is a blanket coverage. with no limitations.
b. Once a citizen they will bring in their extended family. One illegal could bring in elderly parents to use our Social Security system and add more expenses to states for state services.
c. Infrastructure does not support having all theses new citizens.
i. If we increase population 10%. Will we increase our oil production to match this increase in fuel needs. Because these new citizens will need gas also. Sure many of them are already here. But the bottom line is where are the new oil refineries. We import refined fuel from the EU to supply our needs because our population has grown so fast we do not have the infrastructure to support more people. Will you support building more Oil Refineries or demand that we cut our energy use. Increase population yet cut total use in gas use. (Please note many illegals are using the auction $50 cars that are not fuel efficent nor a lot of polution controls).
ii. Where are we going to get electricity. No new power plants are being built. And we are removing dams from rivers that do supply small amounts of electricity. Increase in population where are we going to get clean electricity. Are you going to support building Nuclear power plants because that is one way to make electricity that does not produce green house gases. nearly 70% of electricity used in France comes from nuclear power.
iii. Housing. as noted before 3 families living in a house. Apartments have 2 families or 5 or 6 single guys. Making housing less affordable. And if they are using state money to pay for their homes means higher taxes need to be paid to cover these expenses.
iv. Social Security will go bankrupt sooner. Because many of the illegals democrats want to give them Social Security One more social safety net that will be destroyed because of the new burdens placed on it.
6. Finally. The rules for those immigrants that come in legally are different than illegals.
By federal law If you go on welfare or lose you job in the first 5 years you are deported (Illegals well they get welfare from day 1). Employer has to keep them employed and if they change jobs you have to fill out paperwork to cover the changes. There idenity and location always known. (Illegals well who knows who is hard working or a criminal. Constantly moving No track of where they are.)
So what do you think is the way people will come to the US. legal or illegal. there are so many programs used by illegals that it putting a crunch on all services. Plus they normally do not learn English. And Americans wanting to keep their jobs have to speak Spanish or they lose their job.
So tell me why do you worry about a group that wants to monitor the border. They do a service beyond you knowledge or thought process. Cause and Effect is something you need to think about. Feel good policy has a cost. This is just a tiny bit of the real cost of illegals. I am not smart enough to figure all of the costs.
So, let me get this right: Anti Bush or Nazi groups have a right to assemble, but Minutemen don't. Hmm....Kinda reminds me of the story 'Animal Farm'.... "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"/ Gotta love thoes pigs./
P.S. Please don't feed the trolls, the zoo keeper doesn't like it.
16. That little berg can't keep a bunch of irate illegal aliens out of a legitimate meeting? Incredible. What next? Rent out a hall to the National Council of La Raza (aka the Tan Klan)? That town must be run by a bunch of jellyfish who hire wets mow their lawns.
17. keep an eye on Selah's government buildings for any changes in flags.
18. In case you haven't noticed, this country is quickly going to hell in a hand basket! It seems Constitutional rights are only for those who are on one side of this arguement!
Jim Gilchrist is shouted down and attacked at Columbia University after being invited to speak there. The Minutemen are denied a public meeting place in Selah because the racist opposition is loud, belligerant and violent!
The Rule of Law in only for some. Government agencies pick and choose which laws to enforce.
Loyal Border Patrol agents are tried and incarcerated for doing their jobs, while drug smugglers are given amnesty for their testimony and allowed to sue for damages.
If you care for this United States, you need to get up of your butt and take a stand now before it's too late!
Our public officials Kow-Tow to the masses of illegals marching in our streets under the Mexican flag, demanding immediate citizenship and refusing to learn our language and thumbing their noses at our laws.
NO AMNESTY, SECURE OUR BORDERS, ENFORCE OUR LAWS,
REMOVE ALL ILLEGALS NOW, JAIL THE EMPLOYERS WHO VIOLATE OUR LAWS.
Once these things are done, we can address a "guest worker" program.
You can volunteer at http://minutemanhq.com or you can do nothing.
Just remember Hal, that your wonderful President and leader of the R's called the Minutemen "vigilantes" and said some nasty things about them.
Many the Republican trolls would like you to forget about this as they get a case of sudden conservative syndrome when election time nears. Don't be suckered.
#10 Big Pete - It has taken me several days to formulate my response to your challenge to "...take some action also." I'm a small business person, time is always in short supply, and I gave up with making my way through the maze of phone trees and less than enthusiastic bureaucrats on the other end of the line.
In the end I reconciled it this way. First, my father worked in federal civil service for thirty frustrating years. One day he said to me "don't pay any more taxes than you need to as all they do is waste it." In the thirty-one years since that comment I have seen little to counter his claim. The second self-justification I used was the number of existing laws on the books, and employees hired to enforce them. That's why I pay taxes; to see that worthwhile programs are initiated and, hopefully, enforced. That would include food stamp and welfare fraud along with immigration violations.
Which brings me to the debate over, and related finger pointing, as to who was responsible for letting 9/11 happen. In my humble opinion the culprits are not entirely those at the political policy making level, rather largely the ineffectiveness of hoards of bureaucrats responsible for the tactical execution. Example: My stepson was scheduled to fly from China on October 3rd, 2001. In the week prior to 9/11 there was plenty of discussion on the news of a pending problem and airlines being alerted; to the point his mother began wondering if it was safe for him to fly at that time. The awareness was evident, the dialogue was taking place, and we now have the results.