September 28, 2006
Because that's where her supporters live
The Darcy Burner campaign sent out this hilarious e-mail:
With just 43 days left until Election Day we need your help more than ever. That is just 43 days left to make sure that every voter in the 8th Congressional District has heard Darcy Burner's message ... We have a huge need for volunteers to make phone calls and knock on doors to ensure that voters have heard Darcy's message, but we do also have work to be done in our Bellevue offices. We also have volunteer opportunities in the Seattle area.
It turns out those opportunities are to staff phone banks at NARAL (Pioneer Square)
and at another location in SODO.
I guess Darcy has an easier time getting phone bank volunteers in Seattle than in her own district.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at September 28, 2006
12:08 AM | Email This
1. Well, hopefully KCRE will send the correct ballots to voters in the correct district. You can never tell, they might mail ballots with her name on them to Seattle............
2. I just hope it is not close, or KCE will have to use their usual magic to get her in...
Well, the Burner campaign got some more professional
help in making her latest commercial. However putting lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig. Darcy Burner is still a shallow quitter.
The human cypher is trying to work in "Rubberstamp Reichert" into her campaign sound bites. So I have been trying to come up with an appropriate moniker for Darcy Burner. Dropout Darcy is an appropriate tag for her. Anyone else have a good nickname for her?
Her accomplishments really don't stand out. In the new ad they use her voice in the ad, and have cleared up the false impression of her serving in the military. However, her voice is like finger nails on a chalk board.
Her claim that Reichert gave himself a raise was absolutely dishonest. We could call her Dishonest Darcy, too. Does she want to comment on the raise that Cantwell and Murray got too?
You take the phrase "we also have volunteer opportunities in the Seattle area" and read it to mean she has an easier time getting volunteers in Seattle. I guess thats the sort of thing you do when you incumbent is below 50 in approval and neck and neck with a supposedly weak challenger.
Phone banks are major (and expensive) operations. parties and groups always consolodate them. You don't need to be close to make a phone call.
5. Is the use of NARAL's phone banks a political contribution?
6. giffy - is there any goofy, inane misstep that the Dhimmicrats take that you won't try to rationalize away?
7. We could call her Dipsy-Doodle Darcy!
Please check out Postmans blog under "Condi Rice disagrees with McGavick on Iran soccer Ban" and the link under the post by MGI and you will see the type of people Darcy has working for her. They want you to check out the new Riechert mailer that shows Dave's picture superimposed on a Nazi flag under the title "Third Riechert" and "paid for by the friends of Dave Riechert"
Nice. Maybe Mr. Postman finds this sort of thing acceptable on his blog, but then again he uses HA for source of information. I can hardly wait for Postman to post a link to a picture of Darcy on her knees in a blue dress...what a classy guy no wonder he supports Darcy.
9. I guess the libs in Seattle want to ensure as many DEMS win as possible. Seattle again trying to control things outside of City Limits. But then we see that DEM politicians get more money out of district than most REPUBLICANS. DEM doing everything they can to Control the US. Their goals who knows. The uninformed DEMS alias ROBOT DEMS at it again. They listen to their lying blogs that only tell a part of the story and believe it over the statement taken in full context. YOUR UNION DUES AT WORK for democracy.
Why you should not believe the polls showing Darcy Burner in a dead heat with Reichert in the 8th:
Take a look at the Survey USA Poll Crosstabs here.
Note the following:
Under Age / Generation:
Somewhere around 50% of the respondents represent the Baby Boomer/ Jones generation. This is the same group that brought us 60s Liberalism. And this is a lot more of an accurate indicator than the "Ideology" tab because a large percentage of people view themselves as moderate, or at least represent themselves outwardly that way when asked because it is now ingrained and politically correct for us all to do so.
Note that a large percentage of those polled, probably around 75% or higher have a college education or even more schooling. This survey is largely measuring the viewpoint of educated college educated professionals in a blue state. While some might say that this is indicative of the true makeup of the 8th district, this is doubtful. The respondents to this poll are largely those people who have received education from a very left biased ivory tower university education system.
Under Party Affiliation:
40% Dem, 37% Republican. Not only is this significant in the slant of the poll, but it's also significant in that it is unlikely the true makeup of all likely voters in the 8th.
Under Race/ Income:
The respondents here reflect the race of WA of a whole, which is largely white, but they also reflect the poll which shows a largely wealthy white population. Wealthy, White and in a Blue state. Again, taken together, these tend to indicate a skew to the left.
From the above and past experience with pre-election polls conducted on behalf of obviously left leaning media such as KING5, I believe that the respondents to this poll are not a true reflection of 8th District voters. My prediction is that we are going to see Reichert win the race.
11. Darcy Who?
12. saw her TV ad. nice, for a high school film club. it was all "my dad, my friend, my brother, my..." nothing about "I." what will she do, haul all these people in as advisors if she wins? co-senator? legislate by proxy? vicarious leadership?
As a Democrat who lives in the 8th district, I have to say I am unimpressed with Darcy Burner. I really want to be able to vote for a Democrat to represent me, but we are at war. Clearly Darcy has no experience with security matters. Our current congressman is a real military vet, unlike Darcy Burner.
As a former military member myself, I am outraged that the Burner campaign would try to convince the public that Civil Air Patrol is the same thing as military duty. Anyone who doesn't think her campaign is doing so, need only visit the Horsesass.org web site.
Civil Air Patrol is more akin to the boy scouts - not real war fighting military men such as Reichert, who served in our armed forces from 1971-1976.
Anyone who insists CAP is anything close to military service immediately shows their lack of understanding of the risk military members take. Such an outstanding display of ignorance should be a red flag for all voters to avoid Darcy Burner.
14. I attended the rural King County Council meeting last Monday and had a chance to interact with many of the local Mayors and Council people. A long time Democratic and Union activist from Snoqualmie came up to a group of us and asked if anyone had ever heard of Darcy Burner and if they had ever worked with her on any of the local commissions or committee's we serve on, we all said NO she had never been a part of any of the local efforts. He just shook his head in disgust and said "some people just are not willing to put in the work to get to know the people they want to represent". How true.
15. Hey I just got ROBO CALLED by an outfit called "American Family Voices" asking me to call Reichert and slam him for not exercising enough oversight over the DUBAI-Portsworld stuff...now thats pathetic. They said to go to their website and sign their petition, If I am not mistaken this is the old "People for the American Way Group", gee Darcy has really nice friends doesn't she. One word of advice Darcy, don't let Ted drive you home after the fundraiser...you live on a lake.
A-Dem Civil Air Patrol is more akin to the boy scouts - not real war fighting military men such as Reichert, who served in our armed forces from 1971-1976.
Hey Dem. I've worked with these great people, they are not Boy Scouts. Yes not a fighting unit, but life savers instead! Just because Darcy is a fool, don't trash them.
17. Smokie, they've been doin' that song and dance ever since Reichert got elected. I've received gobs of robo-calls from the dems slamming Reichert. And when Republicans started doing the same back to Darcy, the Dems got all offended. It was amazing to watch the double standard they displayed!
I am not trshing them, but I am unaware of any situation where the Civil Air Patrol is sent where they get shot at. Are you?
So, trying to draw an equivalence between a comabt veteran and the CAP is a fantastic display if ignorance. And in this time of WAR, we cannot afford to accidentally send in the CAP to places where the real military is needed.
Nothing will change this vet's mind on that subject.
Actually, the Cadet program in CAP is very similar to scouting in age (13-18), emphasis on civics and good citizenship, etc.
The major differences (I was in both about 35 years ago) is that CAP Cadets emphasize airplanes and flying, and scouts (at the time) emphasized hiking, camping, and other outdoor skills like swimming.
CAP cadets also do a fair amount of military drill, and serve as color guard and honor guards for school functions, ect.
They are BOTH great programs for young people.
Shame that someone who was involved in it would use the fact that CAP cadets (like JROTC cadets in high school) wear USAF uniforms (literally, with special insignia) to try to create an image of actual military service.
But because I was a CAP cadet, it didnt make me a fighter pilot.
Cheers, Mike in Americas Vancouver
"As a former military member myself, I am outraged that the Burner campaign would try to convince the public that Civil Air Patrol is the same thing as military duty. Anyone who doesn't think her campaign is doing so, need only visit the Horsesass.org web site."
Is the Burner campaign making that comparison? I don't think they do. Because i looked at Darcy's website.
On the other hand, Reichert voted to underfund the VA, and then accepted a pay raise.
He also has no personal opinion on the war, just saying "I trust the President."
We need people in office like Darcy who will treat our soldiers with the respect they deserve, restore the dignity of the US, and demand some accountability for what Bush, Rumsfeld et al have done to our military.
Give me a break. A modern democrat actually RESPECTING our soldiers?
I don't believe a word of it, but lets give Darcy credit and say she did intend to do all those things, and by some amazing unfortunate incident Darcy did get voted in.
She'd be a 1st term voice trying to really push for some respect for the soldiers in a party with John Murtha and John Kerry and others in charge.
You remember John "I'm going to make my career by trashing Vietnam veterans" Kerry and John "Our soldiers accused of crimes in Iraq are definitely guilty" Murtha?
It's time democrats figured out what American's know, the leadership in your national party hates the military. Even if we do believe that Darcy Burner and Maria Cantwell have the troops in mind, by no stretch of the imagination can we say the same thing about Nancy Pelosi and Wimpy Mr. Reid.
A vote for Darcy Burner is a vote for a party that is weak on defense and the military at a time we can't afford to be those things. End of story.
22. Making calls from the NARAL offices would give me the creeps!
"Is the Burner campaign making that comparison? I don't think they do. Because i looked at Darcy's website."
Her camapign doesn't talk about it? BS. Horsesass IS part of her campaign. Goldstein meets with her, he fundraises for her, his is a Darcy Burner campaign insider.
"Curiously, Burner rarely talks about her own service - the years she spent in the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) - even though it was obviously an enormously influential period of her life. Burner started at age 14 and quickly rose through the cadet ranks, becoming the executive officer of the Nebraska wing at age 16, and being named National Cadet of the Year in 1989." - Horsesass.org
The Civil Air Patrol is obviously not the military (please note the "Civil"). Does anyone really think it is?
Is Darcy Burner really trying to confuse people into believing that she was in the military because she mentions that she was the national Civil Air Patrol cadet of the year when she was a kid? I think most candidates would mention a thing like that. It just shows that she had a lot of focus at an early age. Ask yourself: Were you the national anything of the year when you were that age? Is your kid?
Dave Reichert seems like a nice enough fellow (for a liberal Republican)and had a long career in law enforcement in King County. But really, it's kind of a stretch to call him a "real war fighting military man". Reichert and Burner have the same war-fighting experience: none.
Reichert was in the military. According to his campaign literature Reichert was in the Air Force Reserve from 1971-1976 and was "on active duty in 1976". There was no war in 1976.
Reichert is a politician. He is not being modest about his military experience. If he was a combat veteran, he'd mention it in his campaign materials. If he was a Vietnam veteran, you would know about it. Please note that his AF Reserve years overlap with the final years of the Vietnam War.
I don't get all the love the Republicans on this site have for Congressman Reichert. He voted against drilling in ANWR and he is pro-choice. He is basically a Nebraska Democrat.
25. Speaking of Nebraska Democrats Darcy reminds me of Ernie Chambers. Working class Family, Socialist.
26. it isn't love CT - some of something is better than a whole lotta nuthin...
27. Giving of their time isn't so bad, is it? Not all of us have $2,500 to give to campaigns in, say, Maryland, eh Michele?