August 16, 2006
Port of Seattle terminal evacuated in bomb investigation
"Possible explosives force Port of Seattle terminal evacuation":
Seattle's Terminal 18 on Harbor Island was evacuated this afternoon and a bomb squad is now examining two containers for possible explosives.
The cargo containers came from Pakistan.
UPDATE: A P-I article, last updated at 4:30pm, says that "No explosives were found". A KING-5 article from 5:18pm says "police and bomb experts were still at the scene in the late afternoon, removing boxes from the containers."
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at August 16, 2006
03:42 PM | Email This
1. I guess this helps explain to one of your commenters a couple of weeks ago why Israel, national politics and the War on Terrorism is a fit topic for "Sound" Politics.
That explains the helicoptes flying outside my window (downtown office). Although it looks like one is flying away.
Silent prayer for the bomb squad.
3. FYI - My company located in SoDo not far from Harbor Island just sent out an email saying that all-clear has been issued.
I have family in Seattle and am very disturbed by the the increased jihad activity, not just in your glorious city but all over the world.
My son-in-law works not too far from the container area. He is brilliant but he doesn't see that political Islam is a threat. Yet.
I found you through lgf. Thanks for the work you're doing. Keep it up.
5. Ummm, if you wanted to test the response to an event like this and get the timing of various detection, responses and the nature of the response elements what better way to find that information out. Send a couple of containers from a suspect country, purposely fudge the papers a bit and dust a little explosive on the container and see which any solicit a response. Huge data gathering opportunity.
6. ...and the likes of a McDermott, Cantwell or Peppermint Patty will protect & lead us? my arse;
7. sokala, you do it and I'll watch. LOL
I hope they have a bunch of explosives-sniffing hounds at Sea-Tac. My daughter is flying in a few days ... This is a recent news story from West Virginia :
9. ...and where is Tough-Guy Nickels' reaction to protect us? holding ears and saying la la la? high-tailing for the foothills it in his SUV?
10. Libs think this way because they assume that only conservatives would get hurt.
I don't care for Murray, but it is worth noting that she is one of the strongest voices in the Senate for increasing what we spend on port security, which in my estimation, is a HUGH problem that is currently all but ignored by the present Senate/House/White House leadership.