June 04, 2006
Mrs. Gregoire: Mexican border is optional
AP: "Gregoire: Border duty will be optional for state's National Guard"
[Mrs.] Gregoire1 said she will not compel any of the state's National Guard troops to serve on the Mexican border if they're asked.
"I'm not going to force any National Guard member to go there," Gregoire said. "If I have volunteers who want to, we will support their request."
Perhaps she doesn't want to turn back too many of the voters she knows she'll need in 2008.
1 Remember last year when she announced she was outsourcing K-12 education to Mexico?
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at June 04, 2006
03:03 PM | Email This
1. Head in sand!
2. I never voted for her in the first place and I bet that most of Washington State didn't either! The crooked bitch and her cronies!!!
3. I think there will be many volunteers, and Mrs. Gregoire will be unhappily surprised.
4. Oh yeah just like our drought conditions LOL!
5. Peggy U that was by the way in agreement with you.
6. Head up ass
7. Unfortunetly, the state will somehow manage to loose all the information on the volunteers so they will not be able to send any.
8. Or they will conviently send out the notices so they will arrive after the final date to let the state know if they want to volunteer.
9. Maybe she'll make taxes in Washington optional.
Vote in Washington State?
Is there some point to bothering anymore? The dims will install whomever they want no matter what you do.
/yes, past disgusted and leaving this sewer soon.
Fox3 don't leave me with the idiots please!
Oh well right behind you Mr and I want to live where taxes won't be so high! I rather spend my money at expensive resorts and trips like that then here on a bunch of losers like the cut and run Misty's (going as bald eagle)of washington blue state cronies and co.!
Please Gregoire- keep the bad decisions coming in. I don't want there to be any doubt of you losing in 2008.
Un-freaking-believable. Did she attend the olympia al qaeda support rally down at the port and drink the kool aid or something?
Interesting -- soldiers can opt to follow orders or not according to whim. First Mrs. G. finds new and exciting ways to steal/rig elections, now she's developing exciting new military doctrine: don't follow orders if you don't want to.
A great way to sum up liberalism: do what you want however and whenever and with whomever, regardless of any consequences. Responsibility be damned!
She is in lock-step with the Dhimmicrat agenda - leave options open and if the people get in the way, may the public be damned !
Would you have expected anything else from the Governor who is reluctant about passing any positive and non-tax legislation and Jessica's Law ?
15. The good governor is optional, too. Her words will make a great commercial in the next go-round. I hope her opponent(s) are listening.
16. Queen Christine sounds great, but it is beginning to look more like Tsarina Christine all the time!
17. Maybe she can have the Guardmen join the State Employees Union too!
18. Christine Gregoire has been nominated for MS. TACO BELL 2006!!
19. In this case the Governor may be just phrasing how she will go about getting the appropriate numbers. She can ask for volunteers, and if the required numbers are low, she'll probably get enough volunteers. In past border security, Katrina, and other missions, calls for volunteers are usually enough to fulfill the requirements. Better to ask for volunteers than put undue hardship on employers, families, and the sevice member. I'm all for volunteers as long as it does not impact the mission. This is my personal opinion and does not reflect the WA Army National Guard's position.
To commenter above, has the drought been called off? I haven't heard any such announcement.
Has the fire emergency been called off? I haven't heard any announcement.
If you all recall, as soon as the Queen declared the emergency, the hydrologists said we had enough water and we didn't have to conserve, and by the time she declared the fire emergency, all the fires were under control.
Fast acting, not.
21. She needs the National Guard locally to protect her from all those death threats from right-wing talk-radio whackos!
22. what does she care? she has bodyguards and a fortress home; We the People are stuck in the streets with porous borders and have to live with the terrorists' wims and the illegals bankrupting our counties; Bastille Day now becomes understandable; clueless liberal elite; populace be damned; how about the Canadian 17? was this just a Monoply game the police recently thwarted? are we just waiting for another excuse to be victims? sheesh!
23. Why should we be surprised when the current individual who won one of three elections for governor in 2004 should feel compelled to be a commander too?
24. She'll make the republican guardsmen do border patrol about November. Then lose the mail ballots.
One problem for her though, usually all the crops are harvested and the migrant workers/potential votes for her, have left for the winter.
25. Does anyone honestly beleive this Gov and Admin can protect our state and our border? Hoist the white bed sheets, folks; look at Seattle--it's illegal to ask if you're an illegal; how anyone can don a law enforcement uniform in this liberal climate is beyond me--I'm sure it's just plain, old-fashioned dedication and integrity, and for that, God Bless law enforcement and the military; it has to be discouraging to enforce the law with one hand tied; when will we wake up, people? in my day, kids WANTED to be police and soldiers--now? they are talked out of it; what a shame;