May 05, 2006
Terwilliger steps down
Snohomish County Auditor "Sideshow" Bob Terwilliger is stepping down at the end of the year to become administrator of the county court system:
"Bob is a known and respected administrator," Wynne said. "He's someone I think the judges can have trust in, who understands the county budget system, is active on union and technology issues."
Earlier this year, Terwilliger threw away $5 million of paperless touchscreen voting machines which he purchased in 2002 and which nobody in their right mind trusts
(like I said, nobody in their right mind
) in order to switch to mail-only voting, the current technology for which, by the way, is incapable of accounting for ballots.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at May 05, 2006
10:39 AM | Email This
1. It's just a sideshow...
"who understands the county budget system, is active on union and technology issues"
That is scary! He understands that no one watches or cares about the county budget system so he can spend what he wants with no accountability.
He does as he is told by the union to be active with union issues.
He understands technolgy issues - no paper trail you define the results of an election!
3. Considering that Bob Terwilliger wasted $5 million of taxpayers money on a touch screen system that was never implemented, how many people and how much money will he mismanage as the admininstrator of the Snohomish County Courts?
4. How about touch-screen jury voting?
5. But, I am envious of the pay raise. I also believe he is being term limited next year, so he was looking for a job anyways.
I check in occassionally on your web site to see what's happeniing. I would do it more ofter but its so depressing to review the current goings-on.
If you could ever harness enough rage to force every registered Republican to vote in the elections, you could put an end to this foolishness. Good luck
7. I attended a poll worker training class in 2004. Bob Terwilliger stood at the side of the room while waiting to speak. While he was waiting, he picked his nose. That memory has always stuck with me (bad pun) Such a classy guy.
8. maggie: LOL!! Thanks for sharing
I'm surprised the bonehead even has the motor skills to find his nose to pick!
10. One nosepicker gone, awaiting someone who picks where the sun don't shine in a similar position in King County to do the same. Residents of Snohomish County - get out and vote !
11. "to become administrator of the county court system:"
"Terwilliger will go from overseeing a 50-person office with an $8 million budget to the court system's 240 people and $23 million budget."
He will be able to do more damage in his new position!