March 10, 2006
End to Hostage Crisis Promised
Deanron's lawyer promised today to release the remaining voter registration transaction log records, raising hopes for a satisfactory resolution of the 161 day "Truth Held Hostage" crisis. In a letter faxed to my attorney today, King County Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Janine Joly wrote:
Our conversation led me to a better understanding of the records your client is requesting ... I believe REALS will be able to provide your client with the records he is seeking without violating the statutory prohibitions on release of certain voter data ... REALS estimates that it will be able to gather the records, filter out the fields with the confidential information described above, and make the CDs available to your client with the next thirty days.
I'm relieved that Deanron has agreed to release all of the non-exempt records. But it shouldn't have to take nearly 7 months, multiple letters, intervention from the County Council and the Attorney General's Office, multiple blog posts, enough blog readers who donate enough money so I can hire an attorney to make one more phone call before filing a motion, just to get these data files. After all, I already communicated to Deanron and his staff weeks ago that I wasn't requesting confidential personal information and I was expecting an appropriately redacted file. I'm not ready to declare victory yet. I've been promised data in the past only to receive an incomplete response. I'll report on what I actually receive when I receive it. And a huge round of thanks to everyone who donated to the cause. This isn't over yet.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at March 10, 2006
03:25 PM | Email This
1. Just more of the same old obvious (to all but morons like JDB/biteme/crapweasel) sandbagging that KC is (in)famous for.....
The odds are that Janine Joly is perpetrating yet one more hudna, but I'm eager to be proved wrong on this point.
The real question is, how much information has been altered, erased, folded, bended, spindled or mutilated in the seven month interval since the initial request? Those voter registration transaction log records may have learned a real lesson in political correctitude after seven months of loving attention from the minions backstage at KCRE.
3. Stefan - and what has DeanIron filtered - They have had many months to sanitize the records..how can you detect any of that?
4. 1 Your patience is infinite.
2 How long has your attorney been in discussion with Janine Joly?
3 If she is the same attorney that you have been in discussion with the past seven (7) months, I do not think her statements are credible.
4 You may still have to sue them a la Armen Yousoufian v. Office of Ron Sims, et al., which was originally filed in 1997.
5 In looking at Docket Number: 49701-4-I filed Jan-06-2003 Yousofian vs Sims, Janine Joly is listed as Counsel for Respondent(s)
6 Risk managers have told me that the whole "game plan" is to drag the process out as long as possible so that you just throw up your hands and walk away.
7 "Idaho permits a civil fine of $1,000 to be taken out of the personal wallets of public officials. Texas takes a dimmer view. An official who fails to comply with a legitimate records request could be found guilty of official misconduct, a misdemeanor punishable with up to six months in jail, a $1,000 fine or both." per Kate Riley's Jan-08-2006 editorial in The Seattle Times.
8 Is it Stefan or Stephan? (Mar-10-2006 letter from Office of Prosecuting Attorney, King County, Civil Divsion)
5. The BS from these peole is amazing, isn't it?
6. I hope they're sendng a $HUGE$ check with those documents!
7. And as far as the donation I gave, (and I suspect I speak for a few others) if it isn't needed for this legal challenge, keep it for the next, there will be one, or use it as you please, you definately deserve it!
What is this REALS he speaks of?
"Stefan - and what has DeanIron filtered - They have had many months to sanitize the records..how can you detect any of that?
Posted by timman at March 10, 2006 04:23 PM"
We can only hope & pray, Logan and his Pinko-Commie pals have attempted to alter these transaction logs.
There is a very simple equation here.......
A==Voter Registration Database @ say 11/1/04
C==Voter Registration Database @ say 3/11/06
B==Transaction Log of ALL entires into Database between 11/1/04 AND 3/11/06
A + B == C !!!
If it doesn't, then SOMETHING in that Transaction Log has been altered. Comprende???
10. There you go again Cynical, using logic and thought again. Remember this is King County Elections, and a democrapic legislature. After all 1+1 = 3 in King county elections! And 1+1 = need 6 more in this legislature!
11. There you go again Cynical, using logic and thought again. Remember this is King County Elections, and a democrapic legislature. After all 1+1 = 3 in King county elections! And 1+1 = need 6 more in this legislature!
12. I'll stand by for updates of what kind of condition this database is in. The Clowns probably altered or dissembled them to their liking before sending your own personal version. I wouldn't put anything below them - and why couldn't they be indicted for purgury if they doctored it ?
13. Logan's latest vast right-wing conspiracy is merely a desperate Dean Logan "sideshow" to deflect attention away from Stefan's nearly 6-month old Public Record request for the Transaction Logs. Logan takes a few phone calls from Democratic Party activists and makes it news. Why?
Transaction Logs documenting each & every entry into that Voter Registration Datadase is a FUNDAMENTAL component of any database system like this. It shows who made the entry & when.
Logan is a very desperate man....Stefan has him checkmated but Logan is still looking for another move. Watch, Logan will try to get Stefan to look away for a second as Logan cunningly shifts a piece, hoping no one will notice.
Too bad for Dean Logan, it's all on TAPE (or a Disc)!
14. I think you're misunderestimating DeanRon there Mr. Cynical. I fully expect a "My dog ate it" defense any day now ;'}
15. When Stephan get's through running these logs through his parity bit cruncher, the DeanRon Show will be over!