February 24, 2006
Federal Trial Starts For Seattle Animal Rights Hoodlum
The Trenton, N.J. federal trial has begun for animal rights thug-provocateur Josh Harper of Seattle, and his cohorts. In reported collaboration with SHAC (Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty), they've allegedly played a central role in a campaign of personal terror including threats and attacks on the homes of New Jersey employees of companies affiliated with British-based Huntingdon Life Sciences, which conducts medical tests with animals. In this AP report on the trial, published yesterday, Harper (pictured, right) tells prosecutors that breaking windows, vandalizing property, and breaking into offices of animal testing companies are justifiable "direct action," given the "righteousness" of the cause. He does, however, express regrets about a 2002 animal-rights-related smoke bomb episode in downtown Seattle, which did not win his allies many fans.
Seattle-ite Harper faces a felony count of conspiring to commit animal enterprise terorrism, which could bring up to three years in prison, and a fine of up to $250,000. At the time of his arrest and release (preceeding link), one supporter present was from the Northwest Animal Rights Network. NARN has offices in Ravenna and believes eating animals is comparable to The Holocaust (scroll down here to "Consistency In Compassion Campaign.") Harper was profiled by the P-I in 2001.
Seattle animal-rights activist Josh Harper sees "a spark of hope in every broken window, every torched police car and every mink running free as their hearts desire." For the 26-year-old anarchist, those acts are necessary to achieve his ultimate goal: "The complete collapse of industrial civilization." Harper hopes for a return to small communities of people producing only the food, clothing and shelter they need to survive.
It is tempting to write off "animal rights" and eco-terrorists as wackaloons so far gone as to be irrelvant, but their efforts are far-reaching and their movement growing. The Northwest remains a central breeding and staging ground for animal rights criminals, and eco-arsonists. Just yesterday, two Olympia eco-activists were indicted in Tacoma on multiple counts of arson at an Oregon tree farm, and for carrying and using incendiary devices during the attacks.
SHAC is part of a larger global web of anti-science, anti-human fruitbats promoting violence and mayhem against companies and employees engaged in medical testing using animals.
Peaceful protest is one thing. What the animal rights hoodlums do is another. The P-I profile notes Harper had testicular cancer, but it went into remission. Gee. I wonder if that's due to Big Pharma drugs developed with the help of animal testing?
Posted by Matt Rosenberg at February 24, 2006
11:17 AM | Email This
Does anybody see the irony in a guy that claims to hopes "for a return to small communities of people producing only the food, clothing and shelter they need to survive" wearing clothing manufactured
in a "industrial civilization" and wearing eye glasses to improve his vision that were manufactured
by a ... gasp
... profit-making business?
Personally, I think he is a freak that likes to break and burn things, and tries to justify it to his guilty conscience by hanging his pea-brain on what he hopes to pass off as an "ideal".
Or is it just me?
This is just another example of a communist hypocrite that takes advantage of a free society when it suits him and then looks for the slimiest lawyer to get him off the hook for breaking the law in said society. We need to move him and his kind to their own isolated island (Elephant Island comes to mind) and let them survive on roots and berries.
This moron obviously doesn't know history very well. If he is that anxious to get back to the small community concept he should do so at once. Electricity, running water, modern medicine, eyeglasses, and a safe year round food supply are just a few of things this ecodoofus takes for granted and won't be able to live without for more than a short period of time. Too bad we can't lock him up for life. Looks like it is time to make this a "3 strikes" crime.
Sorry about this KLOWN's bout with cancer.
Could have been caused by eating that "pretend organic" stuff!!
These KLONWS will eat ANYTHING stamped "Organic"....
Perhaps if Mr. Harper would occassionally indulge in eating things that used to have a face....his health would improve.
PS How does a KLOWN with no balls get testicular cancer??????????
4. An absolute NUT CAST, must be a graduate of the Seattle Public School system!
5. One of these freaks just burned down a 9500 sq ft home on Camano island, a month before the people were to move in to it. For what purpose I ask? The home owners said no one and I mean no one ever questioned their building a home there. But someone decided it was their right to burn the home down just before the owners were to move in. They are rebuilding, and I am happy to see that. I hope they catch these freaks before they can do more damage to personal property!
6. It's cases like this that get the almost-dormant blood of my Scottish ancestors boiling in my veins.
Makes me start longing for the days of Judge Lynch. To be honest, it would almost be worth it to have vermin like this vandalize and destroy personal property if there was anyway that I and a handful of my friends could catch them in the act.
A 100 years ago (or even 30) folks in Seattle would have run a limp-wristed coward like Mr. Harper out of town on a rail. Now he and his ilk are allowed to defecate all over our region, literally and figuratively, and our local leaders do nothing to stop them.
Hell, they're even glorified in certain circles.
7. For those of you wondering how you too can fight these terrorists, the fine folks at the NRA and Sturm Ruger will be glad to set you up.
I say let them keep it up. How long before we simply see these people for what they are ...TERRORISTS... and just treat them the same way we do Al-Qaeda. If this guys thinks that appropriate negotiation is violence and property damage, detain him, send him down to Guantanamo Bay and let him discuss it with his ideological equals.
Remember, it took Western ingenuity to create Jet Airplanes. All the terrorists had to do was point them in the direction of our buildings.
9. On first read I missed the part about his testicular cancer. Well, they say there is a mind body connection, and maybe there is some truth to that. It's good to see that Harper's body's response is inline with the views of his mind in wanting the total collapse of industrialized society and the accompanying mass death from starvation and disease that would follow. HIs body has revolted and when he's gone, he will have done his part to rid the world of the "evil plague" that is humanity.
I'd like to feed him an 'organic' knuckle sandwich.
His actions affected/endangered people my family knows in the business (Re: the Oregon tree farm). I hope he rots in jail. And I mean that in the most sincere, gracious Christian way.
11. Harper and his sub-human buddies are more than welcome to try this $hit in rural America. I and my neighbors are locked, loaded and waiting...
12. Next time I meet an self-proclaimed "anarchist" I will seek the closest non-lethal weapon and instantly change the "anarchist" into a law and order victim. Bust a few nuts and they'll scream for police protection. Anarchists..... my bright red rosy.
Silly ecoFreaks! When are they going to wake up and smell the animal fat frying?
These same goons are allegedly behind an arson on Camano Island. I wonder what jail would be like for this guy;
Con: "so what are you in for?"
Harper: "animal liberation, you know, stopping the oppression of critters."
Need I say more?
I like that word!
15. Matt, I think this guy would be interested in that movement where people don't reproduce themselves and hope for fewer and fewer people left to dirty up the planet until there is no one left....to enjoy the supposed then-pristine planet. He's about as logical as they.
16. You pose a good ? at the end of your piece. Ironic, the verry people he despises made his recovery from Testicular Cancer possible!!
Josh Harper and other folks of his ilk do have some alternatives to living in a country that they cannot stand. They can move to some Utopian part of the world where they can get in touch with nature without the overbearing influence of industrial civilization. They could try moving to one of the poorer African nations and then dealing with real life and death issues such as rampant AIDS, genocide, and virtually no modern medicine or health care.
On the other hand, Elephant Island sounds pretty good, too.
18. Don't you understand that self-appointed animal-rights activists have a right to terrorism? So if they wear manufactured clothers and eyeglasses, so what? Does that mean we have to impede their destruction of Western imperialist, racist so-called civilization?
19. We can thank our Creator for providing this ecodoofus with the ultimate karma for his kind of stupidity. Let us hope that his testicular cancer is also the Creator's insurance against propagation of some bad genes.
Defending against violent crime — Reimbursement.
(1) No person in the state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting by any reasonable means necessary, himself or herself, his or her family, or his or her real or personal property, or for coming to the aid of another who is in imminent danger of or the victim of assault, robbery, kidnapping, arson, burglary, rape, murder, or any other violent crime as defined in RCW 9.94A.030.
This law, and a few others outline when use of force is allowable. I wonder if these ecoterrorists know that it is justifiable to use force against someone committing arson?
21. "...every mink running free as their hearts desire..."
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot... does this guy live in some alternate universe? Run free my rear end... they aren't adapted to fending for themselves in the wild and usually die in the first couple of weeks, usually of disease, starvation, or a wild predator they don't know how to defend themselves against. This obvious trust fund brat who has probably never had to deal with reality in any meaningful way isn't helping any, and is probably making their "suffering" worse. Before trying to save the environment, try making sure you at least pass a basic biology class. What a moron.
For those of you wondering how you too can fight these terrorists, the fine folks at the NRA and Sturm Ruger will be glad to set you up.
Naw, I prefer to be protected by my friend Gaston Glock then ol' Sturm and Ruger.
22. Buy this guy a new home.
23. Tell this nut job that we are all members of P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals)...mmm Tasty!
24. punk overage vandal needs an arse-kickin; try that with MY stuff and you'll get 1 oz. of speedy lead ju-ju bee's for a snack;