February 16, 2006
Silly me. It only now occured to me after thinking about the Waldron "turnaround team" report on King County Elections that I've been approaching the whole elections reform controversy from the wrong angle. Maybe Deanron would pay me $115,000 if I agreed not to do any more "assessment or evaluation of technical matters related to election operations or election laws".
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at February 16, 2006
03:08 PM | Email This
1. Yeah, they won't go for that, because then they would have to pay Goldstein as their PR firm.
2. ..wouldn't work--you're not a democrat donor or personal friend of Deanron. Therefore, you could not be trusted to NOT come up with said information. Get it?
3. Good point Jeff B. I don't post on HA since it's now gone to the Lord of the Flies.
4. Real money for a fantasy "turn-around".
5. For $115,000, perhaps Waldron & Deanron did the Hokey-Pokey and called THAT the turnaround.....
That's what it's all about!!!
Get the invoices if you haven't.
That ought to be a laugh.
Perhaps we can call the "consultants" who billed their time.
Watch it, you'll give them ideas. Deanron thinks the Hokey-Pokey is a sex act.
8. You have been not doing that for over a year for free, why should things change now?
Actually what DeanRon does is called the POKEY-POKEY!!!
10. Did Ron Say Turnaround team or reacharound team? That could explain the $115,000.
11. Stefan, are you sure the $115,000 isn't just the first installment? For all the work you have done, you should add another zero or two. I think your big mistake was not creating a "consulting firm" before you started doing all of your great work. Although I still don't think Deanron would want you around. I mean, think of the bad example you would set by showing yes, it is possible to have integrity and ethics all the time, not just when in front of a news camera.
I thought this report from 2003 was all we needed.
I don't know what were worried about, this is all part of the grand plan. I especially love the Deanron quote on the last page. The PATHETIC irony of his statement.
13. Go for more Stefan :)
Obviously, the judge that just said illegal campaign contributions were not a criminal matter in strippergate; the judge that said that our Rino Sec of State could not be recalled for failing to insure legitimate elections; the judge that allowed Queen Christine to be placed in the Governors mansion; the same judge that said it was citizens responsibility (not folks like Deanron) to clean up the voting roles; the KC Executive who says that the election had accuracy that any bank would envy; don't care about what is right.
Why should you?
You should because you are an honest person and there still is value in living an honest life, as opposed to all who don't want to burn bridges, just get along and make ackward situations dissapear.
Keep up the good work!
15. Integrity...when you do the right thing even when no one is watching. Thanks Shark
Try this; it's worked before. Find investors to back a lawsuit against Deanron and a handful of officials in Elections. Sue for $10 million dollars, alleging that is the cost of the loss of your fair and equal right to elect candidates in King County. You certainly appear to have plenty of evidence to back the claim. Press really hard in the litigation for a while and then agree to settle in a sealed settlement that will gag you and protect the wrongdoers.
I'm thinking of the David Krull case, where as the King County Ombudsman he was wrongfully termintated by the county council for an alleged sexual harrassment charge (rumor has it that he was fired because of investigations he was pursuing that he refused to abandon). His wrongful termination suit resulted in a $400,000 settlement (paid for with taxpayer dollars, of course). Just a coincidence, I suppose, that the person whose charges got him fired is the current county ombudsman.
I fugure Deanron could easily justify a quarter to a half million to settle such a suit, especially if the result was to silence the Shark.
17. Sorry, Stefan--you don't have the necessary home training.
Oh wait till you see the load of $$$ they plan to dump on the tracks the Spirit Of Renton train is currently dependant on (in business since 1992).
Sims spoksman said recently, no decision has been made yet on what it's purpose will be (A FLAT UNBELIEVABLE LIE).
I will review with you all the three options they put forth to show you the intent of this SIMS department:
1: Do nothing with it, (and leave the Spirit of renton train running on it.
THEN WHY ARE WE BUYING IT WITH OUR TAX MONEY? THIS OPTION WILL NOT HAPPEN!
2: Run a dual purpose line, train and walking/biking trail.
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE MIXING TRAINS WITH WALKERS AND BIKER FOR REAL EXCITEMENT. THIS OPTION WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
3: Make it a walking / Biking trail only
PUT A HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL RENTON BUSINESS AND EMPLOYER COMPLETELY OUT OF BUSINEES, AND MANY PEOPLE OUT OF WORK. THIS WILL HAPPEN
Mark my word on this one! It's a done deal despite what the liars in SIMS office state!
Lord of the Flies? Why that's high culture compared to a typical comment thread at HA. HA comment threads like those at Kos and other Loony Left sites, are such that I could see some of the more extreme commenters get incited to real violence.
Or, you could play us SP readers off against KC, and see who is willing to pay you more to either delve deeper or just decide that maybe you were mistaken all along.
Oh, wait. KC already has most of our money, so I'm guessing they'd be able to pony up more of our cash than we would.
Forget I said anything.
21. Stefan, nice bit of sarcasm, but we know you wouldn't take the money; you have a soul and a conscience. Deanron do not.
22. Is it true the lead consultant for Waldron is named Ben Dover?
23. No, Cynical, you misread the report. "Ben Dover" is the nickname they assigned to represent King County taxpayers and non-Dem Washington State voters.
Important Public Service Announcement:
For once I agree with the left. The POTUS is currently considering allowing foreign investment in the US in the form of the Saudi's taking ownership of operation control at six major US ports.
The deal would mostly be financial in that day to day control at the lower levels would still remain under the same Americans as it is today.
However, it's just not a good idea to let the Saudis have any control, say or the possibility of using our ports for nefarious ends. Remember, 19 of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.
Call 202-456-1111 and politely tell the President you think this is a bad idea, and comments go to email@example.com
***** BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL!!! *****
All right. Here's the deal. I'll trade the Seattle libs Ann Coulter if they'll give me all the illegally registered voters in King County. Is it a deal?
26. Now I know why the information in an earlier post about the state paying for sex change operations is of interest. The emasculated Deanron hope to get their equipment back sometime on the state dime. Maybe at the same time they can have a spine put back into them too.
I'm sure you are right, but considering that it involves Deanron, it is still pretty hokey.
Seattle libs would never take Ann Coulter.
They know she would rip them to peices without losing a breath.
I'll take her though, please.
Thanks, let me know.
Unfortunately, fair elections is getting the "pokey".
Perhaps someday Deanron will bunk together in the pokey??