December 14, 2005
Compton calls it quits
Seattle City Councilmember Jim Compton is resigning his seat halfway into his 4-year-term in order to work overseas. I had almost forgotten that Compton was even on the City Council anymore. He hasn't been in the news very much since he was re-elected in 2003. (Compton, who was implicated in both a campaign finance scandal and an inappropriate gift scandal, won re-election mainly because he had the good luck to draw a wifebeater as his opponent).
The only notable thing that I can recall Compton doing in the last two years is phoning into a KUOW talk show and praising Al-Jazeera for its anti-American pro-jihad propaganda [start at 47:50]. Fittingly, Compton is said to be moving to Egypt.
The salient question is now: Who will be appointed to fill Compton's seat? Not that I would expect anybody appointed by the homogeneously hippie-dippie dopey Council to bring anything new or interesting to the table.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at December 14, 2005
10:05 AM | Email This
1. Fair is fair, dear blogger: If Compton's win was because he ran against a wife beater, then isn't it true that Sims won because he ran against a momma beater?
bozo II - Do you understand the difference between an unsubstantiated allegation and a guilty plea?
I thought not.....
3. bozo II - Do you understand the difference between an unsubstantiated allegation and a guilty plea?
Libs never do. To them, an accusation is as good as a conviction. That's why they're big fans of Hugo Chavez - his version of "democracy" is right up their alley.
You know, just as a side comment, I hope there aren't legions of Sound Politics posters over at horseass making total idiots out of themselves.
I expect this kind of behavior from the libs; they aren't intellectually capable of letting sleeping dogs lie. Libs tend to be emotional creatures driven by a needing instant gratification and led by what feels good.
5. You notice that, too.
6. steve_dog - wouldn't know anything about that. Don't know anyone stupid enough to stick their head into that particular cesspool......
7. I think they ought to appoint J P Patches as a replacement. He is a local with a long Seattle History and would fit in well with the other CLOWNS on the Council like Bozo, Bozo-etta, Emmett Kelly et al!
It makes my skin crawl to think of all the closed-door politicking that must be going on down at City Hall today. Can you imagine? The staffers must actually have to work, scanning through the thousands of emails from the awakening candidates and their supporters.
It'll be great fun to see what the cabal selects as their consensus candidate. It's almost like a Frankenstein scenario, e.g., all of their razor-sharp intellects trying to piece together a mosaic of the uber-progressive candidate.
Even though it's almost impossible to come up with a single person as the frontrunner, the smart money is on a hyphenated last name.
9. From the get-go, Compton showed he wasn't going to be any kind of reformer on the council. He made statements during his first campaign indicating that he was more interested in protecting government union jobs than doing what was right for taxpayers. So no big loss here.
10. Steve Dog, with very few exceptions, I usually try not to go to HA. Because the times that I have, I always feel defiled by all the crudeness going on there and then feel the need for a shower.
11. Steve Dog, with very few exceptions, I usually try not to go to HA. Because the times that I have, I always feel defiled by all the crudeness going on there and then feel the need for a shower.
That was my feeling the one time I read that site. It reminded me of the zoo, specifically of a bunch of chimpanzees throwing poop at one another. Haven't been back since.
12. Advice to Compton: Choose Romania. You'll live longer, and they probably will let dancers get closer to you than four feet.
13. I hear stormin Norman Rice's son wants the job. Gee then he could get his old man a job for Six-Digits with the city too. The entire system is dangerously inbred at the City of Seattle.