November 30, 2005
Michelle Malkin was interviewed by Right Wing News yesterday, and she has some kind words for Sound Politics:
The top political blogs I always look at, but I'm always looking for new blogs that are doing investigative reporting, something different. The localized political blogs I pay extra special attention to -- Sound Politics, for example, which I think is one of the best political group blogs out there because of the original work they do. A lot of gumshoe reporting...A lot of people talk about what the blogosphere will become; well, they're already doing it.
I don't post this to blow our own horn (ok, maybe just a little horn-blowing), but to highlight SP's greatest strength -- original reporting. The blogosphere is generating more reporting of its own, but we have been lucky to be out in front for three reasons. First, Matt, a journalist by profession, and especially Stefan, an amazingly instinctive investigator, pursue original stories. (Not that the rest of us don't, but they always seem to get there first!) Second, the dominant "sweep it under the rug" political culture ignores big stories and leaves them for bloggers to expose. And third, our readers send us tips letting us know which rugs are hiding the most dirt.
So in the end, this post is not about blowing our horn, it's about blowing your horn. Sound Politics gets better the more we hear from you. (In fact, that's how we know about Malkin's interview -- from alert reader Kristen.) So keep those tips coming to soundpolitics_tips AT usefulwork DOT com
Posted by Andy MacDonald at November 30, 2005
09:54 AM | Email This
1. Well deserved SP and good comments by Michelle Malkin. She is spot-on! Journalism has changed forever and she gets it. In the market place of ideas and information, demand has found a new supplier and it is working.
HA can't hold a candle to your work! Half their scribbling is about something they had to read here! So thanks SP for keeping everyone in this town informed.
And as we approach the Christmas Season, to all our troll friends: There will be peace on earth every day, when everyone celebrates the love and giving of Christmas everyday.
In your words:
Santa could deliver absentee ballots to Dean every day.
The first news site I check each day because it is accurate, original and relevant.
Keep up the great work!
4. I hear that Michelle Malkin may be nominating David CLOWNstein for the Emmett Kelly unprofessional journalism award.
Well earned Goldy!
5. Go ahead, blow your horn-- It's well deserved! We love this blog!
The difference between this site and that other one points out the primary criticism of the blogosphere. If the site is run by reputable people who really are searching for the truth, the stories will hold up and advance the discussion.
If the site is run by someone who is basically a political operative, the "investigation" becomes a political hit piece. There is no editor demanding sources. Hearsay becomes the norm. And the subject of such garbage is stuck answering "so do you still beat your wife?"
On a national scale, this isn't as big a problem because there are so many bloggers to search for facts. On the local level, there just aren't enough checkers to keep the blogs honest.
I'm not advocating stifling anything. I'm just pointing out a problem with the current state of the blogosphere.
7. Way to go, guys! Ya'll are now endorsed by the pro-internment wing of the blogosphere. Again, congrats!
Let me guess - you are one of those racists who are harassing Michelle Malkin. Get a life.
Michelle Malkin is a worthy reporter to be recognizing SP - way to go !
Usedtobecool is not cool by bloviating propaganda like that. Their rally cry must be - Go ACLU, Go Socialists & Left wing moonbats !
10. Speaking of Michelle Malkin, she has a great link to a story about the lovely people at Moveon.org running an ad purporting to support our U.S. soldiers by calling for not letting them finish the job they came to do (seemingly the only way our soldiers can get support from Moveon is by having them NOT do their job), BUT THE SOLDIERS SHOWN IN THE AD ARE NOT EVEN U.S. SOLDIERS--THEY ARE BRITISH SOLDIERS! The group that claims to care about U.S. soldiers apparently doesn't know what they look like!
11. Kudos to Stefan and SP contributors!! Way to go!!
12. ALRIGHT STEFAN & CONTRIBUTORS!!! Well desrved kudos!!