November 18, 2005
Reporter Michael Yon has been sending back amazing accounts from Iraq. He has been following the activities of the Deuce Four battalion -- their fight in Mosul, their activities during the elections, the daily life of the men. Now they and he have come home to Fort Lewis. Yon has a wonderful account of their farewell party, The Punishers' Ball in Tacoma.
Posted by Andy MacDonald at November 18, 2005
09:43 AM | Email This
Eloquent, accurate, and courageous.
Mr. Yon is the Ernie Pyle of this war.
2. A special thanks to all of these soldiers and their families. From a supporter of your valiant efforts. You have done us all and the people of Iraq a great justice despite your tragic loses. Thank you again for your efforts.
3. Wow. And in the face of such heroism and dedication by our soliders and embeds, the Left wants to cut and run! Unbelievable! All of those Leftist cowards need a tour of duty in Iraq, just to educate and shame them!
4. Welcome Home! And congrats on a job well done!
5. I heard a soldier today talking about all the good that is being done in Iraq, and that not a single Iraq he has met wants the US to cut and run until they are secure. 10 of their citizens are standing in line to take the place when 1 of their citizens get killed. They are a remarkable people and deserved to have their freedom. You don't build this democracy in a year. Finish the Job, whatever it takes.
6. Welcome home Deuce Four. Thank-you for a tough job well done. We appreciate your efforts and sacrifices and hope for only the best for you and your families.
Just read it. I've read many of Yon's dispatches on the things that the Deuce-4 division has been through, and those soldiers did an amazing job.
I also really appreciate Michael Yon, and the excellent job that he does as a photojournalist. The media needs hundreds of more people like him.
8. Amen Nick!! I his article & was verry impressed with it I have had relatives & a father who are vets &this meant lot to me!
9. I know this is off the subject, but does anyone know the reason for the conflict between the Sunnis and the Shi'ites? I have no clue on this subject, yet I hear about it on the news all the time. Any Islamic history scholars out there?
10. WE WOULD BE READING THIS STORY IN THE TNT , UNION OR P.U.
11. Thank you, Andy. Very inspiring! I love these guys!
"Wow. And in the face of such heroism and dedication by our soliders and embeds, the Left wants to cut and run! Unbelievable! All of those Leftist cowards need a tour of duty in Iraq, just to educate and shame them!"
That's strange, katomar, I don't recall similar comments from the right back in June:
Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina will be among the lawmakers introducing legislation this week calling for a timetable for the withdrawal of American troops in Iraq.
"When I look at the number of men and women who have been killed it's almost 1,700 now, in addition to close to 12,000 have been severely wounded and I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there," Jones said on ABC's "This Week."
Wow, katomar - I didn't know this right wing congressman from NC was a "leftist coward," too! Thanks for enlightening us! And how's about Chuck Hagel? Is he a leftist coward, too?
Did I mention the Iraqis want us out asap? Maybe they can have an election on the subject.