November 04, 2005
Sims denies ballots were left uncounted
This is yet another update to an earlier post, incorporating an official denial of reports I've heard from other sources.
I've heard from a few independent sources that the discrepancy of 390 in the Primary Mail Ballot Report is attributable to uncounted ballots. The latest update is that the ballots were missed in the opening process under manager Vicki Moore.
Moore is the Teamsters Union shop steward for the Elections Office. The Teamsters Union routinely endorses and contributes to Ron Sims' campaigns. I would be pleasantly surprised if this issue is dealt with in a swift and forthright fashion.
Sims office now "flatly denies" that ballots went missing, insisting that the discrepancy of 390 ballots in the Mail Ballot Report is attributable only to data entry errors. Of course, "data entry errors" was the only official explanation for discrepancies in last November's election, and we have since learned that that discrepancy was also attributable to double votes and votes from unregistered voters, among other things.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at November 04, 2005
05:33 PM | Email This
Dear Chris Vance and David Irons,
Please make the information in this post available to as many voters as possible today and Monday.
2. Well, when Logan tells us next time that those ballots 'may or may not have been counted', we'll know he means the latter. Glad that's been cleared up. Whew
3. It would be interesting to correlate these ballots with party affiliation. I know that Logan didn't do that as he can't correlate anything to any database, for example felons.
4. Wasn't there a race that the margin of win was under 390?
5. Yes, sgmmac, the sheriff's primary. I think it was less than 100. Anyone?
6. Wait! Wait! I am so confused. I thought we were supposed to count every vote.
7. Gee, didn't Ronnie Boy say the KCE had an accuracy rate any bank would envy?! To David Irons and GOP.I applaud the Gop for holding their press conference the other day! David what ever you do don't forget to use these screw ups in your upcoming debate today on John Carlson's show on KVI this afternoon.Might as well use this gift tha keeps on giving to your advantage!! I want to see you win by a landslide if possible!!
Sure looks like they screwed up somehow. The 390 appears to be a REAL number. They took the number of folks whose ballots were accepted in the absentee ballot computer system (DIMS), which was 246,114. They subtracted 21 empty ballot envelopes and 86 invalid ballots, and added 24 confidential voters and unregistered federal write-in voters.
Bottom line is that there should have been 246,031 valid absentee ballots to count. However, they only tabulated 245,641 absentee ballots in the ballot tabulation system (GEMS).
So there really are 390 misplaced absentee ballots somewhere out there.
CALM DOWN PEOPLE... THE 390 BALLOTS WILL BE FOUND IN TIME FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION AND THEN COUNTED FOR THAT ELECTION!
Logan will explain this action by saying that this was proper and done under advice of county prosecutor office as an attempt to "balance out" the primary discrepency!
LIKE I SAID, DON'T WORRY THEY HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL!
State Republican Party Wrongly Tries to Prevent at Least 140 King County Residents from Voting
11. Data entry errors? I don't think so. Is he saying that 390 people were double credited?
When are they going to admit that they don't have a clue how to manage or control the elections department?
Whatever happened to Nicole?
Why haven't we yet seen a lawsuit from her to KC? Is she waiting for the Sims machine to expire?
13. Voters need to be challenged more not less. A lot of people think they can vote, when they havent done the simplest registration items. Now take for instance "Goldy" doesn't he seem like the type of person who gets carried away by voting and might do it once or twice or more. He says he is ready to do violence. So he must of already got his votes in. The first audit probably needs to go in Goldies precinct.
14. Sims "flatly denies" ballots missing. Got a question - who would believe Sims if he told you that the sun was going to rise in the East tomorrow, absent independent corroboration?
15. "Data entry errors" does NOT explain away everything everytime. Give it a rest, Sims. No one's buying it.
16. "Sims denies...."
I can't remember another person who has had SO MUCH to deny at one time....Not quite the stuff a good County Executive is made of....
Criminals ALWAYS deny their crimes - even if they have blood on their hands and the ladies purse in their pocket! In Sims case - it's pathological..
Ron Sims has been lying and denying his entire life..... His lies spread like a cancer in our county government..from department to department.. Employees learn to accept and join his corruption or suffer the consequences..
After so many employees came forward to the elections task force with their complaints about Sims, Logan and their corrupt style of management - Ron Sims immediately made an example of one of them...He had her arrested without charges and processed...He has access to all county employee private information - even how they vote!
Ron Sims is running our county like a mafia boss... Racketeering is a Federal crime...Extortion is a Federal crime...Election Fraud is a Federal crime...Where are the Feds? What does Ron Sims have on John McKay?
It doesn't take *Columbo* to see the need for an investigation here....
17. yeah right...and if you believe that, I have a bridge for sale. SSDD.
18. By the way, isn't that why the legislature changed the ballot report form...to catch mistakes before they were reported to SOS? Can any of Logan's staff add? Didn't anyone proof read or check the numbers before it was completed? Unbelievably stupid or outright fraud...take your pick, but the stupid theory is wearing a little thin.
This is a prime example of why Dean Logan is too stupid or corrupted to hold his job.
Simply filling out the mail ballot report isn't the requirement. The requirement is to reconcile the numbers. The first person to fill this out and see the numbers should have immediately yelled "we have 390 missing ballots, where are they?" Why did the State Election Office accept this report?
KUOW did a story this morning on the GOP challege of 2000 KC voter registrations. They focused on the Belltown apt bldg thought to be a mail box storefront.
They went on to say that the challege was pretty much voter intimidation since 93% of the challenged registrations were from democratic precincts.
A nice little sound bite of Chris Vance was included where he said if Sims and Logan had done their job this would not have been necessary.
Right dave - KING TV just aired a carbon copy report, complete with a indignant sims saying, "They had a chance to work with us, but they refused" referring to the county GOP. A quick spot with Vance saying, "mistakes were made, and we're sorry".
Vance, you f'ed up. Whatever you hoped to accomplish was negagated through your inept an incompetant delivery. You handed our enemy the flag!
Thank you so very much!
22. 93% of the cheaters are democrats Dave, not that you did'nt know that. Did anyone see King 5 news this morning. Everythings rosy and it is just those evil Republicans trying to disenfranchise the granola eaters. They even had a little clip of Sims saying its just partisan politics and we all know thats against his religion and his principles. Must be that good home training.
23. RON SIMS DENIED - AND YOUR VOTES DIED!!
Hmmm....Kind of catchy...what does this remind me of?
24. Hi folks like you I belive the GOP screw up did'nt help our side however, when this happened GOP said they were sorry!NAME FOR ME JUST ONE TIME WHERE THESE CLOWNS SAID IT & MEANT IT!! Cry me a river build a bridge & get over it already.
As a party we need to be united to help defeat Sims folks period!
If Sims get voted back, the opposition to him can unite to start the petitions rolling to form Cascade County to escape the sewer of corruption AKA King County. It will take a countywide, then a statewide petition - looking for ~225,000 signatures within the county - admittedly an uphill process, but in the long run - it will be worth it, because with the status quo, the mismanagement and corruption will become more entrenched with time.
OR Sims gets flushed along with the sewer of corruption and King County moves on under the leadership of David Irons !