November 01, 2005
Sims and Irons on the radio
Ron Sims will be on with Mike Siegel tomorrow, Wednesday, from 8-9am; KTTH 770.
David Irons and Ron Sims will debate on the John Carlson Show, KVI 570, on Friday afternoon.
UPDATE: KVI also has MP3 files from recent candidate debates on the Kirby Wilbur Show, here
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at November 01, 2005
11:39 PM | Email This
Please, Mike, no softball questions. Sims needs to come clean.
They sure had a rousing debate on the Seattle Times web today.
What was Irons doing skipping that thing for a budget meeting? Stupid stupid stupid! A lot of people were looking forward to that. He looks like an idiot now.
2 questions I would have for ron Sims!
1.) I recently lost 50% or my land to CAO, with no compensation, yet in the same year, my land property taxes did not drop 50%, they increased 5% over the year before, over $5000 more than before CAO....What gives?
2.) Would Ron Sims support the CAO going state wide, meaning 50% to 65% of everyone's land in this state be taken by his government (with no compensation whatsoever), and no equivilent relief in property taxes?
4. Any idea why Irons chickened out on the online Q&A with the Seattle Times yesterday? The newspaper took a cheap shot at him in today's newspaper over it. Not a very bright move on his part.
Here is my question to Ron Sims yesterday and I had to summit it twice before I get answers. Is it Seattle Times cover up?
The White Center, North Highline Unincorporated Area. In September this year the King County Housing Authority identified it as "the poorest community in King County." My question to Mr. Sims, under your leadership for nine years as King County Executive, what's taken you so long to solve these problems? — Savun Neang, White Center
R.S.: King County, under my leadership, has been given a great deal of credit for much of the redevelopment activities over the last eight years within the White Center community. Early on in my tenure, we persuaded the Casey Foundation to establish new programs in the neighborhood and just yesterday the King County Council unanimously adopted our proposal to establish the Technology Access Foundation in a new community center. It was our local contribution that successfully secured the Hope IV grant for the King County Housing Authority. We have made road and traffic improvements, established new and safer pedestrian crossings, established youth and adult training programs specifically for the White Center community, and worked with the Highline School District to create new opportunities within the schools in the area. This community now has one of the largest community WI-FI access zones in any metropolitan community.
THIS IS THE FOLLOW UP QUESTION AND DID NOT GET ANSWERS FROM RON SIMS:
Mr. Sims you said, you have made road and traffic improvements, established new and safer pedestrian crossings in White Center, I think you taken too much credits.
Early this year, on the cross walk 16th Ave SW & SW Roxbury Street a pedestrian was die result of improper turn signals. Since 2003 we had been asked for proper turn signals, why we didn’t get the results?
Gawd I can't stand Ron Sims' voice!! He tries to sound so soothing, so reasonable, so artificially sweet, it's sickening! He is such a hard-core political manipulator and conniver, then he talks as if he is so even-handed and reasonable.
7. Is anybody listening to the Seigel show thats on right now? Sims just said only 8 people voted twice in King County in the last election and that they are being prosecuted. Jeeze this guy can lie without missing a beat. He also said that all of the double registered people were simply married or divorced. He just said that the State keeps him from removing people who recieved two ballots. They have to ask which one the double registrant wants to vote, but they cannot remove them without their permisson.
8. Boy, Sims doesn't miss a beat! He claims Sharkansky's allegations have been discredited. Sims has a comeback for every one of Shakansky's findings; mostly he just trashes Shark and continues to say his findings are baseless.
Sims says no fraud was shown in the Rossi lawsuit, therefore there was no fraud. He even said the Judge found no fraud.
My blood is boiling listening to this liar.
Shark, you are getting eaten alive in your debate with Sim. Ooops, you aren't there. Ain't it great when you can't counter?
Who is Sims debating? Iron or Sharkansky?
Siegel is asking good questions, but can't get through or around the shifty Sims.
10. I guess Sims can divert attention away from Shakansky's findings but the proof is right there in black and white. I think if Shakansky and the Republican party keep up the investigation and the pressure, eventually good will prevail and the evildoers will be exposed.
"I don't like the question so I just won't respond to it."
We understand Ron . . . believe me we do.
Then you say that observers, both Democrat and Republican say the elections procedures have been improved?
I was an observer both during the 2004 recount and the recent Sheriff's primary election recount and the elections procedures have not only NOT been improved but they slackened considerably. None of the Republican observers would agree with this current issuance of Sims bank-worthy certitude because they all remarked about the obvious violations of the Elections Division's own rules for recount procedures. Something about strict compliance with rules eludes liberals.
Sims is full of himself, know what I mean?
Hey, Scott in Carnation. I am with you on that. I simply cannot stand his condescending mannerism, and his voice gives me brain-cramp.
On another note, I think Mike Siegel missed a great opportunity to go after Sims, especially when he claimed that Shark's allegations were proven unfounded. I would have asked him to name one allegation that was proven unfounded.
Listening to Sims on Siegel nearly made me sick.
He is slick.
I wanted to get through and ask him if he believes there is a HUGH conflict of interset with Dean Logan and this election.
David Irons has said he will fire Dean Logan.
Dean Logan has a vested interset to make sure Sims gets the votes needed for he, Logan, and Sims to keep their jobs.
We have contacted all the local MSM trying to get them to contact Stefan and report all the fraud and corruption he has uncovered. Also trying to get them to report on the conflict of interest with Logan and this election. SILENCE!
Wished there was a way to get Stefan's findings to the voters before the election.
Bob & Bernie Meyer
14. I don't think its fair to criticize David Irons for not making the Seattle Times debate. Ron Sims submitted a budget that is all smoke and mirrors (typical) and David was one of the only Council members willing to call him on it. Leaving that budget meeting to attend a debate would have been unfair to the electorate. You should be happy that he's giving his job priority, and you should be concerned that Sims is up to his usual antics of magic financing.
Felix Fermin the Clown on HA says:
“Why are you so eager to dismiss Mrs. Irons’ story? When almost her entire family backs her up?”
Almost her entire family??????????????
Where have you been CLOWN!
A Battle-Ax mother and an even loonier sister is far from the entire family. The fact is way more other family members (sister, aunts & uncles) back David and confirm the old BATTLE-AX hates her son because of his political views.
What kind of mother would do this publicly???? A MAMA CLOWN!
Folks would rather deal with Sims horrible leadership on Transportation, Election Dept., SWA and the CAO. These are issues that affect everyone. Now add to that, SIMS attempt to ram a smoke-and-mirrors budget!!!!
David CLOWNstein’s SHI*SQUAD Tactics have lead to refocus the election debate away from Sims record and onto an 11-year-old allegation where the poor abused Battle-Ax NEVER filed formal charges.
David Irons has taken the high road on this. I respect him for it.
Sims on the other hand, tries to pretend he and his staff knew nothing about it.
But then POOF, CLOWNstein and SindelCLOWN admit discussing and orchestrating it.
Many voters are sick of Sims and his SHI*SQUAD’s. They are offensive.
If SIMS loses====LoganCLOWN is FIRED!!!!!!!!
If IRONS wins====LoganCLOWN is FIRED!!!!!!!!!
Good enough for me.
If Sims does not get ousted, it is time to mobilize, get out there with petitions and seceede from King County, for those east of I-5 and outside of Seattle & form Cascade County !
Enough of this slickly-packaged corruptness and garbage and trashing of the voter by the Sims Cabal !
17. I'm looking forward to having Ronnie Boy & Irons on the John Carlson show. That should br interesting!!However, I agree with ks if Sims wins!!
18. After (painfully) listening to Sims on the Siegal show this morning, I have arrived at the following conclusion regarding King County Elections Office: (1) they print ballots and (2) they count ballots. Anything and everything else (e.g. voter registration, verification, multiple votes, illegal votes etc.)is somebody else's responsiblity or fault.
19. I still hope Sims gets ousted, but isn't there enough ammo for a recall?
20. Reading John Galt's comments leaves me wondering about the timing of the budget meeting - could it be that it was intentionally scheduled so that Irons would have to choose between debating Sims on the radio and defending the electorate from Sims' budget? Hmmmm.