October 14, 2005
Bob Williams at the Downtown Seattle Republican Club
Space is still available. This will be a great event. RSVP today!
The special guest speaker at next Monday's (October 17) meeting of the Downtown Seattle Republican Club is Bob Williams of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation. Williams will talk about election reform, with suggestions for what citizens can do to help clean up the elections process.
The event will be held at the College Club, Fifth and Madison in downtown Seattle, starting at 6pm, featuring dinner and the after-dinner talk/audience Q&A with Bob Williams.
The only cost is for dinner at the College Club, which will be $22, all inclusive. RSVP required to ensure a seat for dinner.
More details on directions and parking here. RSVP to me at:
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at October 14, 2005
12:01 AM | Email This
theshark .at. usefulwork .dot. com
Seems to me the only way citizens can help clean up the Sims/Logan elections-for-sale department is for each of us to cast as many ballots as we physically are able to.
Vote fraud has favored Democrats in the past. Once it starts favoring Reps, it will get cleaned up quick.
I really like your idea. You are absolutely right. The only problem I see is that Reps will end up serving time. Lib "prosticutors" would never turn the same blind eye they do for transgressons of their own!
3. It's easy to cheat when your pal runs the election department. Targeted cheating.
Remember this equation:
If Don Ron Sims King wins=====Logan keeps his job
If Don Ron Sims King loses====Logan is FIRED
If David Irons wins===========LOGAN is FIRED
Got that equation memorized? Spread the word.
4. Between the Election Dept., Critical Areas Ordinance and the Southwest Airlines/Boeing Field debacle (despite Sims mea culpa)....people do not trust Sims. PERIOD.
This election is a matter of trust.....plus the good old "throw the bum out" attitude when someone has been in the same administrative office just too dang long.
It's time to Clean House in KingCo.
It's time for a fresh start.
If David Irons keeps Sims totally on the defensive the next 3 weeks, Irons will win.
If Irons allows himself to be put on the defensive, Irons will lose.
Irons CANNOT get caught up in what is sure to come from the Sims Camp....relentless, unfounded attacks. Sims is a wounded bear....he will fight back.
Irons has got to keep Sims defensive....on a daily basis. Between the issues of Election Dept., CAO, SWA debacle, and simple entrenched bureaucracy that needs changing....there are some key themes that will resonate. Does Irons have the will to hold Sims accountable....aggressively??
We'll see how badly David wants to win. This election is definitely winnable.
5. Speaking of cleaning up the elections... What do you all think of the ad campaign? I don't know much about who designed and approved these ads. They are spending a hell of a lot of money on them.
6. I don't live in King County, but my King County vote can be yours for $500. I could say I am indigent. And then, I could also go down and get a green card; and oops, I lied. I also have addresses in the Ship Canal and in the middle of Lake Union.
7. Interesting though swatter,Sims really needs to be gone on his own rail I would be verry tempted to celebrate when this happens!!