September 29, 2005
Not a double voter
Maria DeGuzman was registered to vote in Shoreline. Her absentee ballot for last November's election was postmarked on Nov. 1 and was processed with batch #1358 on Nov. 2. There is nothing out of the ordinary about her ballot and it passed signature verification, so we can assume with reasonable confidence that it was Ms. DeGuzman who voted the ballot.
An apparently different Maria DeGuzman showed up at a polling place in West Seattle last November and cast a provisional ballot. Her provisional envelope did not contain a birthdate, but there was only one other Maria DeGuzman registered to vote in King County last November. So they counted her provisional ballot anyway, attributing it to the Maria DeGuzman from Shoreline, even though the signatures and addresses didn't match and even though the Shoreline DeGuzman had already had her absentee ballot counted. (see the absentee envelope and the provisional envelope and judge for yourself).
So they ended up counting the ballot of an unregistered mystery voter, thinking they merely counted the ballot of a double voter! To top it off, they also changed the Shoreline DeGuzman's registration address to the West Seattle address supplied by the mystery voter!
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at September 29, 2005
06:33 PM | Email This
You are suggesting that Bill Clinton is behind it?
It's kind of hard to read the addresses....it might be worthwhile to look up both addresses & make contact with whoever is there.
I wonder who lives at those 2 addresses???
It is a well known fact that LEFTIST PINHEADS have split personalities(that is giving them credit for a personality to begin with which is dubious) so if you bust her....it will likely be blamed on some memory affliction.
3. David, Have you always been a idiot, or is this something new?
4. HEY DAVID, GOOD THING I HAVE A PHd. IN PSYCHOCERAMICS SO I CAN DEAL WITH YOU CRACK POTTS!
5. (finger pointing into camera)
"...same 'ol same 'ol, Jimmy Rain!..." (movie quote)
6. Did a quick GOOGLE on Maria Deguzman + Seattle.
I see a Doctor from out of state AND then there is one who is into LESBIAN ART and....
You are suggesting that Bill Clinton is behind it?
Are you smoking something? Have you not been paying attention to half of the stuff on this blog? In case you haven't noticed, for the last nine months Stefen has been pointing out the incompetence and sloppy, half-assed attitude of King County's election department (along with their numerous violations of election law). This is just another of a long list of posts regarding the subject. Pay attention next time before you post something that makes you look like a blithering idiot.
And what the heck does Bill Clinton have to do with anything?
8. Hmmm...and this is the same elections dept. that we are supposed to believe now have their act together? It it any surprise that KC counted several thousand more ballots than voters?
9. same comment---
for 2004 Seattle elections and 2005 LA hurricanes--only 4 words:
LOCAL INCOMPETENCE--LOCAL INCOMPETENCE;
do not look elsewhere for answers nor blame;
10. awwww....but Jimmy-How-Ya, it's so HARD to count ballots! After all, how can we count them if we don't know who is really a voter or not...oh...umm...never mind.
If you listen to people like Mr. David Sucher, you'd think there is nothing wrong with fraud and incompetence in our elections...Is that because the majority of cheating, and the systemic incompetence, favors the Democrats? Or was it his attempt at humor. I hope he has a day job.
The major difference between our side, lead brilliantly by Stefan, and our worthy opponents, is that we're committed to eliminating ALL cheating and incompetence, just not that which favors our opponents. I trust that all of you reading this blog who call yourself either republican, conservative, moderate, independent, or libertarian, abhor and condemn any and all cheating and incompetence in our elections.
Democrats and liberals, please don't reflexively reply with the tired arguments about Bush v. Gore (you lose the argument on constitutional grounds, oops, sorry, I forgot the Constitution doesn't mean that much to you), 2000 election (no evidence of voter intimidation), voter disenfranchesment (no evidence either), etc. What's the theme running throught the argument? The Democrats call it...well, voter intimidation. No facts, just talking points. Those of us who care about fair elections have something called facts on our side.
You're wrong about the 2000 election, but that discussion is for a diffent forum. Grow up, get a life, move on, and learn how to talk to adults. We're talking about King County elections.
I wish I could say the Democrats want fair elections. They don't. What a sad commentary on the mindset of the liberals. Their congenital requirement to stay in power is so great, and their need to force their "enlightened" ideas upon us through the courts, requires them to cheat, trash the Constitution, subvert the will of the people, stuff the ballot box, and violate any law and constitutional principle to stay in power. They know they can't win if elections are fair, honest, and open.
Cha-ching. The "Known Fraudulent Ballot" counter goes up another tick.
I really think this would look great on the home page.
13. Then why are the signatures of the two voters the same?
14. Wrong thread. Never mind.
15. Dear T. PHLASH; PHd, Is it possible to be educated beyond our intelligence?
16. IT BE EZ WHEN YOU BE EGEAMACATED IN IN WARSHONTON PIBLIC SKOOLS N A PROWED GRADGEIT OF DE U-DUB.
Thanks for pointing out another example of corruption and/or incompetance. Hopefully your efforts will bring about needed reform in King county and the rest of the State.
KCE actually did the right thing by apparently accepting ballots from two legitimate voters with the same name.
Then they go screw it to hell and gone by switching addresses and other goofy stuff.
On another note Airlift Northwest lost a chopper last night.
Heros lost in the line of duty.
Pray for the families.
I like Jeff B's idea of a counter.
We see lots of examples go by; but it's easy to lose track of the bigger picture.
Re Florida 2000 vs. WA 2004:
Of course liberals will bring this up. I find the quickest way to get back on track is to actually ask them to compare the court cases between the two.
1) Judge did not confirm any illegal activity.
2) Gore's team was purely asking for more recounts; despite proof that the recounts were changing the ballots in the process (remember all those chads they kept collecting).
3) Judge simply put a limit on # of recounts.
1) Judge confirmed illegal votes were 13x greater than margin of victory; and that's very low balled (eg, didn't even include KC's confirmed "bonus" votes for which there were no voters).
2) Rossi's team was asking the Judge to do something about these illegal votes (specifically, a revote).
3) Judge decided illegal votes should count.
This is not a comparison that liberals will want to make.
Nevermind that the counties in which the Dems alleged voter intimidation, disenfanchisement, etc in 2000 were all run by Democrats, kind of like KC.
It's great when you can use your own incompetence to win (or try to steal) elections.
Yo Sam Reed Yo....knockin' on the door! Sam puts on Bose wave noise cancellation headphones! Everything is wonderful! What is playing on those headphones??
I love the Bank of America Check Processing commerical we figure out how to process 1 check correctly and then do it 40 million times a day! That is an error rate this voter would love to see...ZERO!!!
I can't wait for conservative rebels to start double voting in elected officials names!! Take that! Then finally something will happen! whoa went into fantasy mode there for a second...whew...back to gettin' screwed.
you really need to get a hobby.
this blog jumped the shark months ago now.
23. grznt must not care too much about fraud. That blows me away. Because this situation is completely and totally unacceptable. How many other times did something like this happen?? Stop the fraud! Why did KCE think it should count two ballots for one person, which is what they thought they were doing? How can they say they've fixed anything? Isn't it quite clear why they want admitted unregistered people to vote? If they don't get the ballot, they can't count it (or so we think), so just get in as many illegal ballots even as possible. NOT acceptable.
grznt is blissful in its ignorance - notice the "z's"?
grznt doesn't care and doesn't care that it doesn't care.
grznt wanders the world barely aware of its surroundings, or the interdependencies that exist.
grznt is a democrat....
'nuff said ;'}
25. grznt - Keeping the government accountable is a very fine hobby.
26. Wow Stefan,
Too bad the state Republican party doesn't have your seemingly endless supply of resources, money, and insight. Maybe they could have put a real case together before the trial in Wenatchee. Thanks for your tenacity. I'm glad that someone with a voice actually cares about the problems in our election system. Keep up the good work.
27. I think it will be a while before we run out of examples like this.
28. "So they ended up counting the ballot of an unregistered mystery voter, thinking they merely counted the ballot of a double voter! To top it off, they also changed the Shoreline DeGuzman's registration address to the West Seattle address supplied by the mystery voter!"
OK....Let me get this straight....sigh....never mind...
This is just ANOTHER blatant example of how F-U-B-A-R the King County elections department is! This just shows how KC got away with denying the claims of thousands of duplicate voters!...They just counted the bogus ballots at election time then changed the registration after! By merging the 2 voters via the address change - they removed any sign of duplication! Clever! (and there is no way to accidently do this...)
Anyone who didn't receive their absentee ballot for the September primary...may want to check to see if they are counted as voting from a *new* address!
If Maleng has a conflict of interest investigating King County Elections...then perhaps McKenna can call for an outside audit! But he didn't and he won't...why? Why are the candidates - other than Rossi - not outraged at the systematic manipulation of the ballots, registrations, tallies, etc..?
I know people from both major parties are watching closely....They all come here to read the latest election screw-up find. The moderate Democrats are beginning to distance themselves from the ultra-liberal wingnuts who claim to share their party affiliation.......It's only a matter of time.....
I am not convinced that there are TWO Maria DeGuzmans. One of the ways that parties have swayed the votes their way in the past is to get a list of voters who have NOT voted in recent years and vote in their names. It is entirely possible that the provisional Maria ballot is fake and the address is an old one or a non-existant one.
Without photo ID's, the sky is the limit for fraud.
30. I find it odd that our legislature decreed it too much of a burden to require photo ID to vote while this weekend House Bill 2266 goes into effect requiring photo ID to purchase Nyquil. The photo ID bills for voting and cold medicine were from the last legislative session (http://www.leg.wa.gov/wsladm/billinfo1/billsearch.cfm?Searchterm="Photo%20ID")