September 01, 2005
When it rains it pours
Dean Logan is proud to announce that "Local voters' pamphlet and absentee ballots arrive in mailboxes this week". Indeed they do. Matt Manweller e-mails:
Today, a friend of mine who lives in King County got the voter guide with a big letter from Dean Logan telling the voters that all the problems with the voting system were fixed.
Then my friend looked back into his mailbox and there was his absentee ballot.....both of them!!! I kid you not, he received two absentee ballots. Glad to see things are all fixed over there.
: I'm getting a number of reports from people who have received inappropriate ballots -- two or more to the same voters, or sent to deceased persons and former residents. I've asked King County Elections to send me their suggestions for the best way to report such ballots so we can help them clean up the voter rolls. In the meantime, please send me (privately) the names and addresses of the voters who are sent improper ballots and the type of error (e.g. duplicate, deceased, not resident) and I will keep a list.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at September 01, 2005
11:47 PM | Email This
oh...my....goodness. It just never ends!!! This can't possibly be the last screw-up by Logan's gang in this election, either! (oh, that it were. But we probably aren't going to be so fortunate)
Here we go again...........!!!
2. I work at a retirement community. In today's mail we received absentee ballots for two former residents who have passed away. Just for kicks, I'll keep track of how many come thru my office. So, they've fixed the system, eh? I think not!
There's only one thing to do.
We need to take Dean Logan, strap him to the front of a navy carrier, and put him out to sea.
4. and GmaS, Dean Logan bragged in the pamphlet about how they've removed thousands of dead voters' names off the voter rolls, even!
Not just that ... I got a ballot for a former resident of my house ... again.
Think I should vote twice?
6. Elections in King County really are "fixed."
7. Glad to hear all is normal --
8. The more that things change, the more they stay the same.
I just choked on my egg McMuffin. I am suing!!!!!
At this point it is Theater of the Absurd, you simply cannot make this stuff up.
Add me to the list.
At this moment, I'm looking at two envelopes from King County Elections, each addressed to me, each with a ballot.
11. "How to fix elections" by Dean Logan.
1)Send republicans two ballots
2)Send democrats three ballots and tell them to keep their mouths shut!
12. As I have said before these clowns are the gift that keeps on giving!!to Irons Campaign that is!!
Mr Irons there's plenty of ammunition for you to utilize make good use of It!!
13. These new problems are obviously the fault of Nicole Way.....
14. When my daughter left for college last fall, she registered for an absentee ballot on permanent status since she will be in NY for the next 4 years of elections. (She still comes home for the summer and maintains her residence with us in KC.) When she didn't receive her absentee ballot last fall, I called and registered her *again* for permanent absentee ballot. (The fact that I could do that for another person is a different story, I am sure). This fall, she called a 3rd time and was told she *still* is not listed as requesting an absentee ballot, and is waiting to see if it shows up in the mail this week. So far, I am underwhelmed at whatever the KC elections folks say they have fixed.
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!
If this person IS your friend, then they were NOT on the 'double, double' list. So this is REALLY a mistake!!
What's this world coming to when the cheaters can't keep up with their own?
16. It could be a trap- prove that all double voters are REALLY GOP supporters.
17. Ugh...here we go again. It would be funny, if it wasn't so pathetic. Nobody can truely be this inefficient, it has to be a conspiricy.
18. I wonder how many of the approx. 600,000 absentee/mail-in voter ballots are being sent to New Orleans and the Gulf Coast!--AHD--30--.
SUGGESTION : This item needs to get leaked out to the mainstream media or a TV station. This is a legitimate newstip ! Once this hits the airwaves or the newspapers, it will make it tough on both Logan and Sims, as is deserved.
It is high time that people learn the truth of the dreadful incompetence of Logan and his cohorts, while Sims doesn't care. We're with you on this one and hope this story gets recognition, Shark !
One sip of lemonade from elections lemons:
thank your collective lucky stars these buffoons are not smiling down on you as you are wheeled off to the operating room for surgery! Mein Got!
Dean thinks the problems are fixed? The only "fixed" this guy needs is the kind of 'fixed' at the doggie shelter.