June 13, 2005
Disenfranchised voters revealed
King County has steadfastly refused to release the names of the now 96 absentee voters whose ballots were not counted last November. But I now have some names. Based on best available information from other King County documents, this weekend I determined with reasonable certainty the names of 30 of the disenfranchised voters. I've also narrowed down most of the others to a field of 272. This spreadsheet lists the names. [6/19: The spreadsheet has been updated to reflect the names confirmed by King County] (Details on how I came up with these names and on King County's initial refusal to confirm them in the extended entry)
Among the apparently disenfranchised voters are all three voters in the Stansbury family of Bellevue -- Todd and Wendy Stansbury, who are Republican activists, and their son, Lance Corporal Kenneth Stansbury. Lance Corporal Stansbury was on active duty in Iraq most of last fall. His parents flew him home from California where he was then stationed so he could make sure he cast his ballot in time to be counted before he returned to Iraq. County records show that the Stansburys' ballots arrived on time and that they were credited with voting. Pending King County's release of the full list of uncounted ballots, we're left to conclude from the available evidence that the Stansburys' ballots were not counted. I happened to meet Wendy Stansbury at the county Republican convention on Saturday and had the unfortunate duty to inform her of her family's apparent disenfranchisement. Needless to say, she was upset by this news.
Please check the list to see if you or anybody you know is included. If your name is on the list, you might want to contact Dean Logan at 206-296-1540, firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask him to release the list of all of the uncounted ballots so you can confirm whether or not your ballot was one of the 96. It wouldn't hurt to also contact your King County Councilmember and your state legislators.
UPDATE: King County released the names of the disenfranchised voters on Thursday, June 16. The Seattle Times posted the list.
How did I compile this list of names? In early April, after the uncounted ballots were first disclosed, King County released a report documenting the batch numbers where the first 93 uncounted ballots were found and the precincts the voters came from. The original report was followed by a supplement a few days later documenting the 94th ballot. For example, the main report stated that batch #248 contained 3 ballots from precinct BEL 41-0220. I cross-checked these batch/precinct counts against the main absentee ballot file also released by King County. It listed exactly 3 ballots from precint BEL 41-0220 in batch 248 -- those of the Stansbury family. Where the numbers of ballots in a given precinct and batch in the absentee ballot file exactly matched the number of uncounted ballots in that precinct and batch in the reports, I concluded that the specific voters are indeed the voters whose ballots weren't counted. Those are the "matching" voters whose names are highlighted in yellow in the spreadsheet. In other cases, the report indicates, for example, that there was one uncounted ballot in batch 248 from precinct BEL 41-0102. The absentee ballot file shows 4 such voters. I listed all 4 of those voters in the spreadsheet as "possible" matches.
I first requested the complete list of disenfranchised voters in a public records request on April 7. King County denied the request on April 13, but suggested that the names might be released during the course of the Borders litigation. For whatever reason, the names have still not been released.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at June 13, 2005
12:01 AM | Email This
I sent the spreadsheet with the names to King County Election officials over the weekend to give them an opportunity to respond before I posted it. Spokeswoman Bobbie Egan e-mailed me a reply on Sunday. They're still not releasing an official list of names on advice of the King County Prosecuting Attorney. No legal justification was cited for the Prosecutor's advice. I suspect the justification is political, not legal. It's easier to sweep such problems under the rug when you have 96 uncounted ballots than when you have 96 individual voters who are pissed as hell and demanding that people be held accountable for failing to count their ballots.
1. WOW I sure hope heads roll on this one, and Lord willing some of those that are on the list will come forward and enough public pressure can be brought to bear on KC to release it names.. we can only hope and pray.
Thanks for digging this gem up Shark, job well done, keep it up.
Stefan, I see you're still on the case. Good for you. I did a post on my blog on your post on the recent poll, and this new info on uncounted votes will only accelerate the demand for reform. Of course it will be interesting if all the uncounted ballots turn out to belong to Republican voters! What the Vegas spread on that?
Not just republican voters among the 96 uncounted ballots..but ACTIVIST Republican voters!
Just another in-your-face criminal action by the liberals in last Novembers election! They are a twisted cult.....
4. Have you figured out the people who voted more than once in the Fradmond v. Dunn race? Lets get current!
The BIG question is: What are the odds of 3 members of the same family having their votes "lost" and uncounted???????????
Can't be very high given the explanation by the county of how these 96 ballots went uncounted.
It would be interesting to find out if any of the Stansbury family have links to King County Elections. For example did any of them run/file for Republican PCO in the last few years?
I would also ask the prosecutors office if they were indeed solicited for advice in the case of the 96 ballots. The elections office has made some "misstatements" in the last 6 months involving their relationship with the prosecutors office (see MSM stories about investigation of illegal voters).
If they really did consult the prosecutors what was the actual advice. There is a big difference between "you don't have to disclose the names" and "you should not disclose the names" Maybe there are still emails or memo's that address this subject that can be retrieved.
The main thing that we have learned from Logan and the elections office over the last 6 months is when there is smoke there is a fire. Meaning there is a bigger reason they are withholding the list of the 96 and I am willing to bet it has nothing to do with the advice of the prosecutors office.
6. In the "possible" section there's a Michael Gamble from Kent...a Mike Gamble worked for Steve Altick's campaign against Geoff Simpson...I'm shooting him an email to see if its the same guy.
7. 'I cross-checked these batch/precinct counts against the main absentee ballot file also released by King County. It listed exactly 3 ballots from precint BEL 41-0220 in batch 248 -- those of the Stansbury family. Where the numbers of ballots in a given precinct and batch in the absentee ballot file exactly matched the number of uncounted ballots in that precinct and batch in the reports, I concluded that the specific voters are indeed the voters whose ballots weren't counted.’
I googled this site for an absentee ballot report (file, spreadsheet, etc,) and could not locate one. I cannot reconcile the above statements. I cannot understand how comparing numbers in two reports arrives at names. I am not saying I disbelieve you (as you tend to document everything), it’s just that I like to put two and two together myself. Can you provide a link or a more in depth explanation?
I think that any of these voters, whose votes were not counted, would still have grounds for a suit based on a violation of civil rights (disenfranchisement), providing that they had the will or means to pursue it. I would think the evidence in the election contest would be sufficient to show a disregard for (a violation of) the law causing the disenfranchisement. KCED has a duty to know and abide by the laws of this state.
"I think that any of these voters, whose votes were not counted, would still have grounds for a suit based on a violation of civil rights (disenfranchisement), providing that they had the will or means to pursue it."
I'd guess that's exactly why KCED doesn't want the names released. A civil rights suit would be a federal matter, especially given that there is almost certainly at least one active duty military member involved. (Did they ever find 2LT Bryan Suits' ballot?)
The last thing KCED wants is the US attorney poking around.
9. jdb...get relevant.
That's what I'm talking about!
129 - 96 (disenfranchised Rep. Voters) = 33
Hmm, could this be the reason for the voter scrutiny weeks prior to the election. Ms. May? Where were you!?
Frankly, Judge Bridges should have DEMANDED this information @ the START of the proceeding!
Can you imagine ruling on a vote challange WITHOUT knowing ALL the FACTS? (DNC read TRUTH)
Can you imagine when the pettitions bring this matter to the Supeme Court!?
I love it when the American Constitution is PROVEN right AGAIN!! Of the People, By the People and For the People!
The American Way of life is in your debt!
Keep the Faith.
Keep up the pressure.
I hate quotiing a silly show but, THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
11. This calls for a Judge Sirica type. Bring in the subordinates and threaten them with hard prison time unless they turn on their bosses. Concurrently, file heavy civil suits to recover damages and to invalidate any legislation that springs from an illegal vote.
No more better luck next time, the fire THIS time.
12. Anyone else notice only 5 from Seattle...with the volume of votes from the city I find it very odd that only 5 out of 296 were from Seattle.
Why does that surprise you. KC is run by Democrats. They were searching for votes in Precincts that went Democratic. Do you think Democrats in the Election Office wanted to look at the few East side precincts. All their time was spent looking for More Democratic votes. If you have limited time what is easier for them to do the searching. The elections office is not suppose to be partisan but because the Head is not elected no accountability to the voters. Is that by design. Remember Democrats dont play by the rules. Rules are not to be obeyed if they can get an advantage in an election. IE Reporting where money was being spent during the elections. Once they win they can cover their behinds making excuses. Let me see Democrats lied about money spent and get fined. Pay for a revote then demand 12% interest to get the money back. Revote paid from out of state sources. Vote counting in Democratic dominated precincts. Little or no time spent in Republican areas. No nothing suspiciousl going on here. Just honest Democratic policies.
No, it doesn't suprise me, I just find it odd that I thought I was one of the only five Republican's in the city :) Guess there's six of us!
15. We all believe because we've been told by the Gov. and the KCE that the election was a model one with an accuracy rate that any bank would envy. However, the odds of three family members' votes being disinfranchized seems to be astronomically high. Time to get the Feds involved. Great work Stefan.
16. Steffy. YOU LOST! And since you either outright lied or were just plain wrong about everything related to the attempt by your side to steal the Governor's mansion, why in the world would you think we believe you when you say you know how was disenfranchised? You're a lying republican shill. I wouldn't believe you if you told me the sky is blue. That said, it doesn't matter. You lost. You would have lost even if these votes were counted. Too bad you aren't as concerned about the obvious overvote at the republican convention HE HE!
17. I wonder if Suits is in there?
Scott, you are not getting the picture. It wasn't so much that Rossi was Da Man and Shark wanted him elected at all cost (quite unlike the other side), but the motivation at seeing a corrupt election department steal an election is what is causing heartburn.
So, losing the election challenge was not the end game. It is cleaning up the election system that is the goal. Keep that in mind.
19. yea, shark, stay in there and pitch! sounds like the con/lib/demoncrats are endeavering to make our State a goulog. Shark , keep the truth coming! we have to know what's going on Behind the camera.
"I wouldn't believe you if you told me the sky is blue."
This just proves the point that you democrats wouldn't believe the truth if it hit you in the face. Everyone knows the sky is blue....everyone knows Dino won!
Have you checked the polling place voter rolls to see if any of these people are credited for voting in person. I mean if they are credited for voting in person wouldn't there absentee ballots have to "conviently" disappear and not get counted?
Re overvotes at the Republican convention. Note comment in Seattle press by a registered Democrat who voted for Hammond at the convention. Were individuals who were not registered Republicans allowed to vote at the Republican convention? And if they did, was there anyone there who reminded them they can only vote once! They could have easily been confused, coming from King County and all. (And even more confused after Judge Bridge's decision confirming a vote count total that included hundreds of known illegal votes and hundreds of known overvotes.)
On a more serious note, the problem with allowing Bridge's decision to stand unchallenged or to appeal it to the Supreme Court is the potential misguided precedence it sets. A trial court decision has no precedential value, whereas a ruling by an appellate court does. Although I believe Bridge's ruling was terribly flawed and an incorrect reading and application of statutes and caselaw, the built in disadvantage of an appellant and the difficult standard for overturning "findings of fact," is cause for caution in appealing this particular decision. Better to leave it out there as another poor trial court decision without future impact on a proper reading and application of Washington's election contest statutes, than to risk creating "bad law" by an appellate court that is hampered when needing to make a close call on the facts and law.
23. I WAS DISENFRANCHISED BY NICOLE WAY!
24. Sure Swatter, Scott is all about finding the truth.
The Democrats & Gregoire stole the election. And Gregoire's lack of concern over the fraud & other illegal actions in King County is proof enough of her involvement. She is a partner in this corruption by not caring about Democracy & the rule of law. The witch should be recalled & Brad Owen made gov. until we the people, not criminal King County election crooks make the decision.
Why do so many of you leftists & Democrats (like you Scott) hate Democracy so much & are pleased with this election stolen from the voters of Washington State?
26. Benton County Commissioners are meeting at 1pm today to vote on whether absentee ballots will be the only way we can vote in this county. Our county auditor is really pushing hard because it will "save" money by doing so. I am told that the vote will go 2 for and 1 against.
Let me answer for you, Scott.
When the main goal of my party is to win and win at any cost, the goal is pretty clear. We don't have to play fair, because you guys are mean and cruel and don't care for us. You expect us to work to earn a living, while we want everyone to get a decent salary and bennies, whether we work or not.
So, when we control the election machine, we control the election machine. After all, "he who has the gold, makes the rules"- an old Washington State regulatory motto from the 70s.
How am I doing so far, Scott?
I invite readers to see State Sen. Jim Kastama's (D-Puyallup) guest editorial in Sunday's Tacoma News Tribune. In it he touts how legislators cleaned up the ballot mess.
He writes of several reforms, one of which I share below:
"The State will systematically purge the voter rolls of felons, the deceased and non-citizens. Continuous updates against databases of the Department of Corrections, Department of Health, the State Patrol and other agencies will maintain the accuracy of our rolls. This will be aided by a statewide voter database that will go into effect Jan 1."
Now conspiracy freaks would say the beta test done in King County is now ready and they will call it the first pogrom of the People's Republic of Washington.
Personally I find the reform stating how... "the Secretary of State will reinstate rigorous audits....:" Odd wording in that "rigorous" was not a word used by the SecState this morning on KTTH.
There is an awful lot of projection going on on this site, but that's nothing new.
More important than making "heads roll," though, is figuring out how the ballots went uncounted and adopting appropriate procedures to reduce the odds that ballots are missed in the future.
Stefan, or anybody else, how does a ballot wind up in a given batch?
Let me see if I can sum up what Dean Logan said;
"Dammit, I'm sure disappointed in myself. This KC Elections system, which I run, is in a shambles. I'm such a moron for running such a lax ship. If I didn't need this job, I'd fire myself."
Is that what youre saying Dean?
Judge Bridges' decision = "number one Washington State election rule is there are no enforceable election rules."
KCE and Democrats: "Rules, we don't need no stinking rules."
Republicans and other concerned citizens: "Something really stinks at KCE."
Sims-Logan: "Who cares what the public thinks."
Reed-Handy: "We can only observe elections, we have no authority to do anything about illegal voting."
Legislature: "Vote by mail fraud will fix everything. There will be no evidence."
Fraudoire: "I have a mandate, and you all need more taxes!"
What was that little idea "Taxation without Representation" that they used to teach in schools? Do they still teach it?
Mel -- this vote by mail crap is just that - it gives the 'rats a way to screen out rep votes - just as has been shown here by Stefan -- the fact that only 5 outta that very long list are from seattle sure points to cherry picking out votes from rep precints and even specific rep and military votes - (those military votes that were received in time for the voter to fill out and return!!!) - remember - when the absentee vote comes in to be counted - it is tied to your name -- despite all the bullplop outta any elections office - you have lost the secrecy of your vote -- as far as this last fraud was concerned - all they had to do was withold a sufficient number of votes from rep precints and just a few from seattle so as to make sure of some disenfranchised demo votes -- adding in the umpitty-ump 'newly found' votes -- during the course of the newcounts(not recount) there was only one true count and that was the first one -- along with the 50,000 +/- 'enhanced' ballots -- the SOB's were able to flip the election --
We need a refreshing of the information re the 13 or 14 ?? instances of 'newly found' ballots - the dates found relative to the first count and re(new)counts - the number of found votes and which precints they were from - I do not remember seeing any analysis of this information - has it been done??? just getting all the fragmented info on these votes together in one place may be helpful --
Also -- how much is known re the enhanced ballots - which precints did they come from? -- how did they tilt? Johnny Carson's Karnack the Magnificent comes to mind here with the a$$holes holding ballots up along side of their heads and devining the 'intent' of the voter - that G-D crap is total fraud - if the voter is so damn dumb/illiterate/ignorant/'no speaka da inglish'/mentally feeble/incapacitated etc etc - that they cannot properly fill out the ballot - the DAMN ballot should be thrown out - they should not have been voting in the first place -- for any reason above - just the fact they are that incapable means that they are not capable of casting anything that remotely resembles an informed vote - the pure DemocRAT voter --- WAIT -- HOLD THE TRAIN -- I am so dumb -- the dufus voter would in fact be informed - by the democRAT/moveon operatives as to how to vote -- "thats right - just put your mark there-- we will ensure that it is counted" (if necessary - wink wink)
A prediction -- this list is currently being shopped out to the demos that were 'salted' in - and they will be popping outta the woodwork like roaches over the next couple days -- just to blurr the impact of this 'new' revelation - they will declare how disappointed they are at having been 'disenfrancised' but will state that they will just accept the results and not create a stir - how big of them!!
The trial setup for the Hillary fix is so far on track and full speed ahead -- proven to work out just fine right here in 'River City'
33. otto -- not likely
34. What prosecuter's office is advising the elections dept to not release the list? - hummm -- could it be the same one that got those horrible people that voted for their just deceased spouse??? get that old lady - she put in a rep vote - go now!!!
35. What's the end game here? Is there a way to get the elections board to submit amended results based on proof?
36. Scott, why don't you share the results of your research with us?
Bill- you are 125% correct. Those "trusted" employees of the county sit at a table and open the envelopes know who votes for whom. Any mental midget can "make necessary changes" to invalidate a ballot and create a new one to take the originals place or put it in a box where it does not get counted at all.
It amazes me to think how three ballots from the same family can be "misplaced" at the same time unless they put a rubber band around them so they wouldn't get "lost" in the mail.
I will be attending the commissioners meeting this afternoon. I will not make a difference because the "two" commissioners will vote to go absentee. Maybe that is how they plan on winning the next election.
38. Is there or did there exist any info on "for whom" the military votes would be cast? What percent of those would be for Rossi and for Fraudoire? If this was answered before I appologize for the repeat.
"...lying republican shill...?" Tut tut. Where is your GOOD HOME TRAINING? Time for an emergency Sims College refresher for you. Throw in a Tent City Camping 101 for extra credit. Your statements have the left-tilting accuracy "...any bank would envy..."
okay, so say that someone brings a civil rights case, and we go through the whole rigamarole again, and someone finds that a King County election worker intentionally disenfranchised a voter, presumably more than one. At what point can that be plugged into the last case? When does the statute of limitations run out on appealing Bridge's ruling, if intentional worker fraud can be proven? How will it help?
At what point do we plug in the whole DOJ threatened lawsuit re: military ballots? I know mine got counted because I e-mailed Sims, Logan, and basically the entire WA chain of command demanding a sitrep as of 16 or 17 november, and finally got back some low-level email basically stating, "your vote was counted". No further info. I think that maybe mine was set aside to not be counted and they looked at the cc: list and decided to count it, though that sounds a little tin foil hattish.
Check it out on the Seattle Times, another campaign promise of Christine Gregoire's gone astray (but she wouldn't know, she is on a long term tax payers expense to Europe and abroad. She doesn't spend much time in this state I see, but I am not surprised. It's your hard earned tax dollars she is P'ing away!
Anyway have a read:
PS...Great picture of the campaign promise liar too!
King County elections officials clearly had more energy behind investigating issues and correcting for errors that added votes to CG’s total than doing the same for Rossi. If they had shown equal care for both candidates they never would have falsified the absentee ballot reconciliation, Rossi areas would not have come up with fewer votes than voters, and they wouldn’t have “found” more votes than voters in GC’s strongholds.
The hand count was managed with a desired outcome in mind, that being the election of our current illegitimate governor. The people of Washington spoke in the election of 2004, but it was the King County elections office that was heard.
I wonder if the Feds would finally get involved if every single one of the 96 uncounted votes turned out to be for Rossi.
43. Making us declare a party and vote only along those lines in the primary elections sure makes weeding out "conflicting votes" easier for KC. I don't see how we can ever win an election again under these circumstances. Unless, of course, we play by their rules. What is the address of the KC elections office?
The Stanbury's were credited with voting but not counted?? If that isn't fraud...what is?
Also, the ability to finagle with absentee ballots should motivate us to go to the polls to vote.
Change of culture in Oly -- haha - Sointinly not that - not with the absolute mandate she got from the inbred/entrenched King/Pierce/Snoho power structure - NNOOOO way - there will be no "change of culture" in Oly -- with payoffs all around - We all have just been had by madam Fraudoire - come on here MSM - get out on the broken campaign promise trail - FILL US IN - as if that may really happen!! -
Is it just me or does Fraudoire look enough like Alfred E. (What - Me Worry!!!) Newman to be his sister?? - come to think of it Al's been around for so long - daughter??
Hey -- as if anyone really needs another reason to drop a subscription to the slimes - yesterdays' travel section has an article by Carol Pucci about the coffee houses in Krakow, Poland -- she went "to spend a few days exploring Krakow's burgeoning coffehouse culture." Duh and double duh - what the 'ell - who gives a rat's a$$ about that - wow - some tourist destination -- now before anyone thinks I am saying something against Poland/Polish people/immigrants and/or their descendents -- no way - I couldn't give a rat's a$$ about any coffehouse in any of several of my ancestor's motha countries or anyplace across the US where they have all lived over the last 200+ years -- no what is shown here is the utter stupidity and in-your-face crap from the MSM - where they will spend thousands of dollars to send someone to Krakow, Poland for several days just to write a puff piece about some totally unimportant subject while the local 'rats are robbing us blind.
Re my most recent post -- it was to expand on GS's post
BrianD -- refer to earlier posts of mine this morning - the goobered up votes would certainly include a 'salting' of demo votes - no way are all 96 votes rep votes -- maybe 70-80% - the 'rats will have enuff demo's that were disenfranchised that they can trot out to show that 'everone was fairly treated' - ala the 4 felon Rep votes - total crap - where is all their "COUNT EVERY VOTE" BS -- the SOB's pulled offa SCAM - PERIOD - it is clearer and clearer to me that this was not just a series of 'unfortunate' mistakes -- IT WAS PURE, UNADULTERATED FRAUD -- SET UP VERY 'SOPHISTICATEDLY' to look like a few mistakes -- distributed vote fraud --
Very interesting reading!! Just so you all know we have been absentee voters for years because we travel alot. No we did not vote at the polling place also!! Yes I am an elected PCO, R of course. Our active duty, combat vet son went ballistic when we told him what happened. Guess from now on we will vote at the polling place.
We are looking at joining a possible lawsuit.
Shouldn't we worry about the active disenfrancisement of military voters by the King Co. GOP?
"Von Reichbauer wants the convention process reviewed, because the date conflicted with school graduations, delegates couldn't vote by absentee ballot and soldiers fighting overseas couldn't participate."
wendy stansbury - Guess from now on we will vote at the polling place.
Didn't the legislature just take that option away? Maybe I missed some details, but I thought they were making Washington like Oregon, with NO polling voting.
50. Go for it Wendy -- good luck -- this is definitely a Federal level civil rights disenfranchisement case -- PAY ATTENTION McKAY -- I am so damn sick of hearing about some whiney widdle LIBERAL minority having their civil rights violated and getting some huge judgement and/or settlement - way out of proportion to the actual transgression (if there was one)- this is part and parcel of being an American and having your vote COUNTED -- bottom line -- all the suburban KC votes that were disenfranchised - blown away by the Somilian immigrant votes and homeless votes - why Somoli's do you ask -- wasn't there dancing in the streets by Somali's in SEATTLE -- yes kids -- SEATTLE after 9-11???
51. JDB -- GET STUFFED!!!
52. Wendy, GO FOR IT!!!!!!
Re the Somali and homeless votes -- these were most likely to be a significant portion of the ballots that had to be 'enhanced' keep in mind here that the 'RATS only had to flip less than 200 votes from the second machine count to the fraudulent hand count -- -- figgering in the fact that the fraud DID NOT start AFTER - but BEFORE and DURING the election (not to mention all the previous - real close "just squeeking by" BS elections in Seattle/KC - various school levies, many land use/stadium etc SCAMS -- "oh woe is me - my grandaughter won't get to see a baseball game" - sob sob --- Can'tvote-well's scam election -- ALL CERTAINLY APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN FRAUD --
Rossi's REAL lead in the first count probably would have been by several thousands if not for the obvious demo/moveon crap - come on now KC - "can't we just COUNT EVERY VOTE???"
"Among the apparently disenfranchised voters are all three voters in the Stansbury family of Bellevue -- Todd and Wendy Stansbury, who are Republican activists, and their son, Lance Corporal Kenneth Stansbury"
If these folks were truly disenfranchised, there is serious trouble brewing. It transfers the issue from the political to the criminal arena.
It would appear the Stansbury's have the financial wherewithall to lodge a seious lawsuit.
One undisputed FACT nobody has yet refuted or explained, come on jdb, I know you can do it.
The ballots "found" by King County were in all Gregoire precincts except one, the ballots "lost" by King County were in all Rossi precincts except one. Heck of a coincidence I guess, just like its a coincidence the Stansbury's were in the votes not counted. Lets just say probabilities are getting into the infinitesimal range. File it under the category of "no evidence" evidence.
But, no worries, Logan is on it. I have 100% confidence this will be "addressed" by the next election.
The similarities and connections between the WA public elections and the Seattle labor union's membership elections are very eerie.
THE SILVER BULLET; THE SILVER BULLET 2; and THE HAC REPORT 3.
One would wonder if the labor unions in Seattle are REALLY behind all of this election fraud in our state?
The similarities and connections between the WA public elections and the Seattle labor union's membership elections are very eerie.
THE SILVER BULLET; THE SILVER BULLET 2; and THE HAC REPORT 3.
One would wonder if the labor unions in Seattle are REALLY behind all of this election fraud in our state?
58. Personally...I'd volunteer for jury duty, if it came to that...I can be at least as objective as the KCEs people...
59. I'm a little sketchy on the issue of the feds coming in to examine the fraudulent election. is there any hope remaining that the US Attorney is going to become involved?
is it possible to "encourage" said involvement, and if so, how?
60. Apeman -- Labor unions?? Fraud?? - Surely you jest!!!
It doesn't sound like his inclination. I presume that the best chance would be from pressure from rep house members and the white house.
It's certainly not going to happen as a result of msm activist frenzy.
62. Hey - after we get rid of Sims -- how can we get the elections director of King Co. get changed to an elected instead of appointed post -- THIS IS CRUCIAL - does anyone know??? - only damn county in the state with an apponited election fraud director -- probably have to go Chicago, New Joisey, Arkysaws and Lousyanna to find equal or greater corruption
JDB: "Shouldn't we worry about the active disenfrancisement of military voters by the King Co. GOP?"
You do amuse, you surely do.
Military voters tend to vote Republican by a large majority. No way the GOP would mess with that, no matter what you read in a King County publication.
the best way to 'encourage the US DA to get involved would probably be to send letters directly to AG Gonzalez. He's the big boss. Unless you live in Reichert's district, I doubt letters to your rep or either of our senators asking them to ask Gonzo why no investigation is taking place would get any results.
Absent that, step one would be a FOIA request for the names. If they don't comply, then you'd have to get a court order to get them to cough it up.
Once you've got the names, get someone one the list to make a civil rights complaint. The more the merrier in this case.
I'm not sure how much investigative latitude the US DA's office would have in a case like this.
65. Yikes. Is it time to "let it go" yet? I can see the point of continuing to point out the discrepencies in order to correct the process for the future, but there are still so many wanting the actual challenge to continue. Heed the typical repub advice to the dems (after 2000 and 2004) and get over it. It's over. Rossi conceded. Your energy is being wasted. Redirect your frustration to correcting the system and making it as transparent and retraceable as possible. That's to EVERYONE'S advantage.
66. Redirect your frustration to correcting the system and making it as transparent and retraceable as possible
That's exactly my focus. Like I said, it's easy for King County to sweep all of these issues under the rug when people stop caring about them. I don't want to let that happen until Sims, Logan et al, come clean, end the cover-ups and have a complete airing of their mistakes.
67. Big gap here -- hey where is everybody??? -- listening to the putred, vile psychotic warped twisted SOB Jackson getting off on all counts -- whee - and you think we could get a reasonable judgement from the courts -- DON'T TELL ME THOSE JURORS WERE NOT INTIMIDATED
68. There is no justice left in this country Bill only perceived fairness and the big bad accusers weren't being fair to that poor put upon guilty, but popular pervert.
Stefan, I just returned from the Benton County Commissioners public hearing on adopting absentee ballot system for voters. All three commissioners voted for it and we were "assured that this is the most secure method of voting. We were also assured that nothing like what occurred in KC will happen in Benton County.
County Auditor Bobbie Gagner stated with the new ballots, voters will have more security and fraud will be more difficult( the "security flap" will make the difference). I stated that one of my concerns is the fact that my vote is not annonymous. Her reply was "only the Auditor's office employees would know"
70. BTW when voting at one of the 3 polling places in Benton County, you have to bring the ballot you received in the mail.
It is generally recognized that one of the best ways of preventing crime is to prosecute criminals.
72. Mel, assuming that was you that mentioned this at the Benton County meeting this afternoon. It was encouraging to see another SoundPolitics reader/participant in such a small crowd. I won't get into whether my own 'stage-fright' in the face of such a small crowd and a few newsies is personally "encouraging" or not *insert sheepish grin here* but know you weren't alone.
73. Bostonian - A corellary of that is that the way to reduce "mistakes" is for the people making the "mistakes" to feel some consequences. If person "B" feels the consequences of "mistakes" made by person "A", but person "A" doesn't, they will continue to be made. When person "A" feels those consequences, "mistakes" magically cease. As if this isn't obvious to 3rd grader.
74. PIMF - "a 3rd grader".
‘I stated that one of my concerns is the fact that my vote is not annonymous. Her reply was "only the Auditor's office employees would know"’
ELECTIONS AND ELECTIVE RIGHTS
SECTION 6 BALLOT.
All elections shall be by ballot. The legislature shall provide for such method of voting as will secure to every elector absolute secrecy in preparing and depositing his ballot.
heh ok I see it was you and we posted at the same time :)
Anyway, it occurred to me on the drive home, was she saying that even if you go to the polls to vote, you would still have to have your name attached to your ballot? "Security flap" or not, that seems like the complete lack of a secret ballot.
77. Bryan Suits Talk Show host from 6-9 PM on KVI 570 is one of the 96 that didn't get counted and he says he voted for Rossi.
78. Someone please enlighten me. Where (Article, Section) does the Washington State Constitution authorize that for a secret balot, "only the Auditor's office employees would know" how someone voted?
79. If Bryan Suits vote was not counted, methinks they picked on the wrong guy.
80. Looks like some of you are catching on -- In this state - your ballot is not secret -- your name can always be tied back to the serial number of the ballot - it is entered on the roster at the polling place - damn liars
RookieRick- Yes your name will be on the ballot but there would be a "security flap" and only the "eyes" of the Auditor's office employees would know whose ballot was inside.
Remember the comment made by I believe Commissioner Oliver when I stated that three member of the Stanbury family's ballots were never counted? "Yes, but that happened in King County" was his reply. Do they think that we are THAT stupid?
Bryan Suits does not appear to be one of the 96.
King County's records do not indicate that his ballot was ever received. The most likely explanation is that it was lost by either the post office, or by PSI, the company that pre-processes the ballots before they go to MBOS
83. Yeah, the "it can't happen HERE" mentality... bleh
84. Look at the precincts. "Holiday Lake" turns up quite frequently. It is probably the largest of the solidly GOP districts in King County. That ain't no accident.
Oops, I meant to say largest of the solidly GOP "precincts," not districts.
Look at Holiday Lake's voting patterns. Bush wins. Rossi wins. Votes disappear.
86. sorry, Jenny Durkan, but it IS true: FELONS VOTE; SOLDIERS DON'T. So don't deny it or try to use it in closing statements anymore, girl.
Wendy, sue 'em! With our blessing!
Dino was robbed. A strong majority in this state know it. How do you have 785 ballots belonging to NO ONE not affect the election?
88. Does anyone out there have the time to check this list against the PDC database (http://www.pdc.wa.gov/)? Perhaps a disproportionate number of these disenfranchised voters were Republican donors. Could be a very effective and easy way to demonstrate fraud.
In making an obvious observation...
...the definition of which is clearly variable depending upon political affiliation...
The response of the left/dems etc to a call to clean things up and move on is all about having the appearance of doing something about PROCEDURES in the future while actually making the problem worse. No mention of the people involved.
The response on the part of the right/reps begins with a call to clear out those involved, and hold them legally accountable, if appropriate. Creating REAL change in the laws is a separate function.
And how can those who were responsible for the existing mess have any part of the solution, except as an example of what can happen to future potential miscreants?
"Moving on" must include addressing both concerns...people AND processes. With the full use of legal sanctions.
90. This is a perfect example of what David Irons has been saying for months - we need to elect the Election Supervisor. Logan was hand-picked by Sims and it is clear that he was not appointed due to his experience and integrity. It is too late to correct the 2004 election but we MUST replace Sims in November so this never happens again.
Hey Stefan -- I have been sending hundreds of items through the US mail over the last 45 years - I have NEVER failed to have a check that I sent out to pay someone/some bill - to be properly cashed and credited to the correct recipient - I have NEVER failed to receive a bill -- all of the personal correspondence that was ever sent to me or that I sent out was received -- GOT to add here -- I HAVE SENT SEVERAL ITEMS SOLD THRU EBAY - that sold for well over $1000 -- to Germany, Australia ($4000 in that case)and to New Zealand -- In fact the US mail is far more reliable than email -- just slower -- since it involves actual physical reality -- I can assure you that I have no connection to USPS and infact have some issues with the level of counter service at my local PO -- all that being said -how in 'ell can they have trouble getting Brian Suits' ballot from one part of KC to another - especially since it would have been in an official envelope??? --
'Lost in the mail' - right -- like the dog ate my homework --- duh
Other inquiries - please expand on PSI - who are they - what does PSI stand for - WHO OWNS the company -- PSI "the company that preprocesses ballots before they go to MBOS???"" - what is MBOS?? what does PSI do in the course of "preposessing the ballots" ?? - Thanks for any light you can shed on this
92. If you catch a fish and it smells like this election, DON'T EAT IT!
93. I'd rather we all work very very hard to assure Sims loses his seat this year, and the new County Executive can immediately fire Dean Logan and appoint someone who will clean house with Bill H and on down. It is the perfect storm year for Sim's overthrow - CAO, Election Mess, tent cities, tax and spend to the max. etc etc etc.
Don't forget Brightwater... disingenuous creep!
Well Once Sims is gone, the election temple crumbles. So that is the King Pin and should be our ultimate focus for the next election. That alone would allow for the clean up of King County Elections without the current administration in Olympia. I have no faith that they will do anything whatsoever to clean up King County's Election department. They will do what Ron Sims will do. Hope it just fades away.
I also highly suspect that Gregoire will Scoop up Ron Sims if he is ousted, and most likely to impliment (screw over) the rest of the state with a state wide CAO.
They are stupid enough to do this and do not realize the hatred this has fested by rural King County land owners who have had their land stolen by this Jerk Sims and his democratic honchos.
Gregoire will continue to screw the people of this state by making Ron Sims her henchman to steal more tax payer dollars, rights and land.
I think it was Admiral Yamamotto ( sp ) of Japan, that after the Pearl Harbor attack is noted to have said " I fear we have simply aroused a sleeping giant"....
I get a feeling that the right thinking citizens of washington have been aroused... I s'pect that the revolt is forming and we're poised to take back out state
Shark said: King County's records do not indicate that his ballot was ever received. The most likely explanation is that it was lost by either the post office, or by PSI, the company that pre-processes the ballots before they go to MBOS
Yet another reason to not go to all-mail voting.
98. I may have missed this in all of the posts, but does anyone know what remedies would be sought in such a lawsuit?
Now that IS interesting!
I don't see any names from say, Freemont, or Belltown, on the list.
Funny how that happens. Oh, but wait, that pinhead from the Seattle Times says that you can't dray any conclusions from evidence like this!
100. Lost in the mail BS! I have heard and read countless reports of people processing sales through the US Postal service from Ebay and Amazon, and as an example a friend of mine has processed nearly 3000 sales using the USPS with none lost what so ever. I don't buy that one at all! That leaves the PSI, the company that pre-processes the ballots before they go to MBOS, or pure corruption by election officials. I am not sitting by any longer and hearing this crap. I signed up at Shark's prompting, and I will be working at an election site during the next election. These people will not steal another election in this state!
101. If i understood the Stansbury issue correctly- election workers credited those voters with voting but did not tabulate the corresponding ballots. So King County's final report of the number of votes counted was actually incorrect by another (over) 188 ballots: The 94+ ballots that were not counted, plus the 94+ ballots that were attributed to these voters but should actually have been categorized under the "voterless ballots" category. Do i understand that correctly?
Shark - I agree with you, like just about everyone here I think, that these issues cannot be dropped if we ever hope to see the system cleaned up.
Getting that list of 96 disenfranchised voters nailed down is important. Next, finding out who they voted for.
The "authorities" and "officials" in the state will never do anything about it, but perhaps it will convince a few more voters that these Democrats from King County need to be sent packing.
No, the judge was clear, as have the Democrats, as have every elected official, there were no illegal votes.
Any person saying they are eligible is registered.
Any vote received by absentee, regular, or provisional, is counted.
Any challenge to the voter's registration must come in before an election.
Any challenge to a voter's eligibility to have cast a vote requires (and deduction thereof) must contain the name of the person who actually cast the ballot, which races the voter cast votes in, and what those votes were. The fact that ballots are secret, untraceable, and not able to be accounted for by the state constitution is not the fault of the courts, candidates, government, or voters.
And YOUR elected officials ALL want it that way. Don't blame me. You put them there, and that's what they say you want.
And, to top it all off, some parties held caucuses recently, to choose the approved candidates to run in the September primary, at which time the parties seek to restrict your access and ability to vote for whomever you want. YOUR elected officials, which YOU put into office, and YOUR parties are representing YOU in limiting your choice. They say that THEIR rights trump YOURS.
But hey, it's ok. They are representing YOU!
Think you'll get a comment from Lovick? Think that Gregoire cares what you think? Think Sims gives a hoot about what you want? Try writing them, and report back on what response you get. After all, why should they kowtow to you? You only put them there. And they feel that once ensconced in office, they are free to do unto you that which they desire, regardless of what you think. After all, they are representing you. (In their minds)
Notice that Vance is pretty quiet these days. Probably distracted and busy trying to sue us voters out here. Oh well.
That's the state of the state today, folks. And we thought we had something going on when Sheriff George Janovich was racketeering! Wow! These people take it to new heights.
That's ok, we can trust the feds to keep us protected, right?
The monies collected through the new gas tax, meant to reduce congestion will now be spent on animal bridges for I90.
Nick has a good idea in cross checking the Republican donor database for the names on the list...
I've been checking my precinct call lists from working the Reichert campaign last fall....(no comments please..) I haven't found any name matches yet - but the lists are made up mainly of Kent area residents...
I don't expect anyone in this state to feel truly satisfied about our election process until the Feds investigate... If we, as ordinary citizens, can find this many descrepancies, errors, and fraud from the outside.....one can only imagine what Federal investigation would uncover!
King County got lazy and cocky!...They knew how to pull it off..but they don't know how to clean it up!
106. They knew how to pull it off..but they don't know how to clean it up!
yeah, of course they knew how to pull it up, but who in their right mind would even begin to think that they would clean it up???
They want all of us to just go away so they can finish sweeping it under the rug. Then, they'll just go back to business as usual.
I'm not encouraged that we will see the feds involved. They don't want to upset the apple cart.
I wouldn't dismiss the Feds just yet...
It would appear the Feds are already looking into King County on RICO charges filed last month....
Here's a snippet...I wonder if the Feds have made up their mind whether to investigate or not?
You would think with this many complaints being filed against a certain county in the state..the Feds would have to start wondering....
Critics file racketeering suit against county
by Dean A. Radford
King County is operating as a criminal enterprise, two outspoken critics claim in a racketeering complaint they will file with the FBI in Seattle today.
The complaint chronicles oft-heard charges against the county's code enforcement officers and about the surface water management fee that officials have already addressed.
The complaint also will cite the county's controversial, but successful efforts to develop the East Lake Sammamish Trail on the Eastside.
But it's the rural backlash against the package of critical areas ordinances that finally drove Chuck Pillon of May Valley and Ron Ewart of Fall City to prepare the complaint.
A spokeswoman for King County Executive Ron Sims said the accusations are ``totally without merit.''
Next, the FBI will decide whether there's any reason to investigate the charges under the federal racketeering regulations, known as RICO, or Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
``We are alleging the county is operating a criminal racketeering enterprise,'' Ewart said.
He and Pillon have evidence and witnesses to support their claims, but Ewart offered no details. No one, he said, ``has shined the light of day'' on county operations.
I think where 'we' the masses went wrong is that while this trial was going on- instead of crying over dead ballots in KC- we ought to have been driving a signature campaign on a 'recall initiative' to go on Novembers ballot-
The initiative would require a 'recall' election anytime the standard number of signatures are gathered for an initiative to recall. This way the inititive would be law this fall and we could be done with Fraudiore by February with the following initiative.
Am I high or could this have worked?
The best thing that could come out of this would be a Federal investigation by someone. Hopefully, someone with influence on the airwaves like Mike Siegel will follow up with John McKay about the RICO statutes investigation that is out there and needs to be investigated. Keep an eye on Dean Radford's story - hopefully- Stefan, et.al. will provide an update on this. Meanwhile, another nugget by Stefan and SP gives us inspiration to keep up the fight!
Justice needs to be served for the good of the people and we should demand NO LESS ! Maybe some individual lawsuits about this election can be brought to the Supreme Court also. Shawn Newman Esq. said this morning on KTTH that he believes that there would be a viable case for the Stansburys if they desire. Tenacity here will pay off - the only ones who are defeated are those who quit...
possible 1945 ALDERWOOD BURKE SUZY W WOODINVILLE
I may be totally off on this, but I think a Suzy Burke, who is of a prominent real estate Burke family, was a big Rossi donor and support, possibly even a finance committee member.
I think she is Susie Burke though so I maybe way off base. It isn't that uncommon of a name.
Has anyone tried to compare this list with PDC reports???
Not that it matters at this point but if 57% of people think Dino won now, what will this bombshell do to that???
111. Andy - from what I understand, the laws here are so archane and backwards about overturning elections as we saw last week - they are apparently similarly backwards and regressive about recalls - I understand that it is way tougher to recall a sitting Governor here than in California. Anyone else with a working legal background in interpreting RCW's care to weigh in on this ?
I don't think the RICO stuff is going anywhere Deborah. It's kind of hard to charge duly elected - well, should I say "apparently elected" - officials with RICO for passing laws that people don't like.
At any rate, that particular law suite does not have much to do with investigating election fraud.
113. If the press in 2000 could get all the FL undervotes and count them themselves to get their own determination, can't we, throug a FOIA get the 96 ballots and determine who they voted for? Seems like there is no difference here. Also, what is KC "official" explanation of why these ballots didn't get counted? Is it believable?
Yes, I know that particular RICO charge hasn't anything to do with election fraud....but the heat is definitely on in King County with respect to Federal complaints!
Remember Slade Gorton and the Republicans on the King County Council also called for a federal investigation into King County elections? I can't imagine Gonzales ignoring Gortons concerns...
And what is up with Emily Langlies statement about McKay wanting complaints about the election to be directed to the FBI? Is he saying that complaints should be filed exclusively with the FBI as opposed to the USDOJ?
Here's a snippet of that story:
Thursday, April 7, 2005 - Page updated at 12:00 a.m.
Slade Gorton calls for criminal probe of election
By Keith Ervin
Seattle Times staff reporter
Slade Gorton critical of governor's election
Former U.S. Sen. Slade Gorton yesterday joined the call for a criminal investigation of King County's handling of the November election, even as county officials acknowledged a breakdown in the process for accounting for absentee ballots.
Gorton, appearing at a news conference with state Republican Chairman Chris Vance, said the U.S. Department of Justice or some other agency should conduct an investigation. He said he didn't know if any criminal acts were committed in the county's failure to count 93 valid absentee ballots in the tight governor's election in November.
The mistake could have been fraud or "colossal incompetence," he said.
The six Republicans on the Metropolitan King County Council on Monday asked U.S. Attorney General Albert Gonzales to order an investigation of the election. The seven Democrats called for an outside audit of the elections office.
Emily Langlie, spokeswoman for U.S. Attorney John McKay in Seattle, said McKay has told people requesting a federal investigation to contact the FBI
Those that are concerned about Gregoire’s effect on the economy of this state need worry no more. After this last legislative session was over she kept Washington State ranked No. 1 in the nation (following Locke) when it comes to small business. From the National Federation of Independent Businesses; Washington Holds on to Lead…
Who NFIB is.
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS
SECTION 33 RECALL OF ELECTIVE OFFICERS.
Every elective public officer of the state of Washington expect [except] judges of courts of record is subject to recall and discharge by the legal voters of the state, or of the political subdivision of the state, from which he was elected whenever a petition demanding his recall, reciting that such officer has committed some act or acts of malfeasance or misfeasance while in office, or who has violated his oath of office, stating the matters complained of, signed by the percentages of the qualified electors thereof, hereinafter provided, the percentage required to be computed from the total number of votes cast for all candidates for his said office to which he was elected at the preceding election, is filed with the officer with whom a petition for nomination, or certificate for nomination, to such office must be filed under the laws of this state, and the same officer shall call a special election as provided by the general election laws of this state, and the result determined as therein provided. [AMENDMENT 8, 1911 p 504 Section 1. Approved November, 1912.]
116. Whoa, RG! Looks like Ms.'Thang' definitely DOESN'T have it going when it comes to small business! You can't do much worse than negative 4%! WE sure don't see anything positive coming from her, as small business owners! Dino, we need ya!
117. Suzie Burke is a regular contributor to Republicans. She also owns lots of property in Fremont, I understand.
The lack of an explanation may be construed as an explanation.
119. The best way to stop the election fraud is to kick out guilty parties. A petition to recall Sims or even a lawsuit to try and correct the last election is all well and good, but do we really want to have every election decided in court? NO NO NO NO. Don't fix the symptom - treat the disease. Sims must go, Logan must go. The quickest and surest way to fix this problem is to elect Irons in November.
120. The following is from this mornings Tri-City Herald reporting on the switch to a vote by mail system. "Although the five people who spoke at the public hearing on the topic questioned the security of voting by mail, the commissioners and Auditor Bobbie Gagner said mail voting will be more secure because voting by mail provides a better paper trail." The last part "provides a better paper trail" was the concern I voiced. Where is the security? That is when Gagner stated that there would be a "security flap" and only Auditor employees would be privy to that info. Does she think we trust Auditor's employees?
Just another thought here re the list of uncounted ballots - first - remember that Stefan's list is not just 96 but 272!! -- now the thought/question - I CANNOT HELP BUT WONDER IF THERE ARE ANY CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THESE PARTICULAR SUBURBAN DISENFRANCHISED VOTERS AND THE THEFTS -- YES THEFTS -- OF THE COMPUTERS FROM THE RAIDED REPUBLICAN OFFICE?? - WAS THAT IN BELLEVUE??? -- wasn't there some other breakins of rep offices around the state - Yakima? Spokane? -- how long is the list of uncounted absentee votes in Spokane Co.?? - who's on it?? -- for that matter - Yakima, Pierce and Snoho Co's
Just think of the cozy setup - SCAM - the damn democRATS would have with party registration and all mail voting - lets see here: -- hold back 10 thou Rep votes and 2 thou 'RAT votes (just to keep the salt shaker loaded - wink wink) -- election turns out a 'tie' - recount needed - at this point an 8000 vote Rep lead has been hidden i.e. doesnot exist -- then comes the recount - find 2000 votes - say 1000 Reps and 1000 'Rats - and poof - still a tie - hand recount time -- OK -- another 500 votes surfaces - 200 rep and 300 'RATS -- voila - the RAT wins by 100 -- sound familiar???? and still 700 'Rat votes and 8800 Rep votes in the cellar!!!!!!!!!!
The secrecy clause actually works against the voter. When I vote at the polls, my vote goes into the ballot box. Unless the whole ballot box is compromised, election officials can't target my specific ballot.
In absentee balloting, there are ways that my ballot can be identified to my information, allowing for some mischief. Absentees can be stolen. Absentees can be lost in the mail - ask Brian Suits. Absentees can be mishandled - ask King, Snohomish or Pierce Counties.
With the problems that occurred in the last election, I will not trust the government with all mail in ballots for a long time.
I would prefer to see touch screen machines at polling places that allow you multiple opportunities to correct your ballot. When you are done, the machine prints a ballot form for you to put into the accuvote or ballot box. Results of the ballot box can be compared with the machine for accuracy and reconciliation.
IMHO the fewer "touches" in the process, the fewer the amount of errors that could (and do) occur. All mail balloting just adds too many extra steps which invites error or mischief - see military ballots.
Government must PROVE that all mail balloting is the MOST secure, accurate, and reliable form of voting. They aren't even close yet.
123. Given the close year-long relationship between Gov Gregoire and US Attorney John McKay as two of the four member team investigating the Brame case...shouldn't issues regarding Gregoire's election be investigated by a U.S. Attorney who does not have a prior close relationship with her?
April 2003 Headline on Attorney General Gregorie's Website: "Partnership Announced for Brame Investigation"
The partnership includes Gregoire, John McKay, Serpas(State Patrol) and Mandigo (FBI).(see their photo together in Seattle PI May 13, 2003)
Gregoire promised to do a no holds barred investigation; McKay said that he had seen enough facts to believe federal criminal laws may have been broken. At the end of the investigation the four cited a culture of corruption but found no laws had been broken.
124. And the beat goes on ----
125. Man, ticks me right off! NOW they release the names, after the all clear. KC needs to be split!