June 01, 2005
An alternate take on the riff of Deep Throat and Nixon, etc.
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at June 01, 2005
12:06 AM | Email This
1. Given your post, sounds as if you are now resigned to having Rossi lose the election contest.
2. Although crediting numbers are not perfect and some discrepancies are attributable to clerical error, they did in fact point to a number of serious problems
Every auditor that has testified disagrees with your continued assertion that "voter crediting" is relevant to the election contest or that it somehow infers that there was "ballot stuffing."
Correction on your part...
Every Auditor the Dems called to testify THAT ALSO SCREWED UP AND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT INTERNAL CONTROLS LIKE VOTER CREDITING TO AID IN DETECTING BALLOTBOX STUFFING AND DOUBLE VOTING.
I can assure you, the Dems didn't call any Auditors who didn't have some problems of their own. They are mostly part of the "circle the wagons" crowd that wants company in their ineptness and were part of the Logan "fan club"
I notice that Handy and others tried to make the case that voter crediting wasn't necessary.
Handy made the claim that voter registration was constantly in a state of flux with new registers, changed registers, and such. However, aren't the registration rolls frozen at a given point in time for purposes of elections?
If they do not have voter crediting then how could they possibly tell if someone had stuffed a ballot box? In order to get a valid and honest total vote there has to be an accounting of how many persons voted and that must be reconciled.
How many voters cast ballots in KC? How many votes. If there are more votes than voters it is reasonable to conclude that those votes are from stuffed ballots. For every vote there must be a signature either on the absentee or vote by mail envelope or in the poll book.
Some have tried to make a case that workers were not properly trained. How long does it take to train someone to require a signature before the voter gets a ballot at the polls or the mail in ballot is counted?
One thing I have learned is that the auditors in this state are generally rather slow of wit. How much intelligence does it take to:
1. Put the ballots in transparent containers.
2. Have the provisional ballots a different color.
3. Keep the ballots secure.
These things are not rocket science and anyone in that business should be able to figure this out.
Nope, looks like he was making the analogy that Gregoire is the Nixon of our era. WHile her actions have been just shy of impeachable offenses, the legality of her position can be overturned. She will therefore be known as the governor who wasn't and all the other statements of the elections ineptitudes shall be forever heaped upon her shoulders.
Some observations about Handy. First, he is listed as one of the attorneys of record in the case for Reed, when, under the state constitution the SOS is to be represented by the AGO or whomever they designate as "special" AAGs (e.g. private firms). Second, the e-mail that Foreman used to ram down Handy's throat was, according to news reports, "accidently" provided to Rossi's team. Now, wouldn't it be interesting to get all of Handy's handy-work? Was Handy put on as one of Reed's attorneys "of record" to provide cover so he could strategize with the D's on how to defeat the R's? Beyond the conflict of interest raised by the e-mail, he has the obvious conflict of wanting to keep his job; not wanting this fiasco to explode on his watch; etc. Note, Handy worked with Gregoire in the AGO. I believe they were both deputies at the same time. Handy's wife is Judge Paula Casey, a liberal Thurston County Superior Court Judge. Handy's prior tenure as the Executive Director of the Port of Olympia ended in controversy with the Port's directors hiring private counsel who recommended they sue Handy over his "promise" that large salary increases would not be counted towards his retirement.
As for Jeff Even, Reed's other counsel, he intervened for Pierce County in challenging CLEAN's trial victory where Pierce County was found to have violated state election laws. Pierce County's then auditor (a D who lied about her credentials resulting in a failed recall effort) ran a ballot "enhancement" remarking operation during the 1996 election in an unmarked, unannounced and guarded wearhouse owned by a politically active electricians union. The trial court found that violated state law which, at the time, required ballot processing to be conducted/announced per the public meeting law. Even argued that there was no "meeting" of the canvassing board (albeit the board delegated processing to the auditor who then passed it down to election workers). Despite the law and the auditor's announcement of another ballot processing location for that same time, the Court agreed with the Sec. of State and reversed.
8. Ya got to wonder why so many demo's are lying, for what? For whom? Where are the real movers in this mess? All these guys are small potato's in a big pot. Who's the real cook?
You give yourself too little credit when you compare Sound Politics to Woodward and Bernstein. Or, maybe you give them way too much credit, as I explain here
Shark, you out did yourself on this one.
11. Shark = SharkThroat
Responding to Real Men's question: who are the real movers in this mess. My opinion is the usual suspects, particularly the big public sector unions and the bureaucrats that are in bed with them.
Further thoughts on Handy: He ran as an R for lands commissioner when (as I recall) it was well known that then State Senator Jennifer Belcher (D) would run ... hence, I think Nick chose the R label because he felt he wouldn't survive a primary fight against Belcher. His choice was one of political expedience not political philosophy. I say that based on my dealings with him when I represented a number of marinas concerned that the Port of Olympia was going to build certain facilities that would compete directly with the privately owned marinas, including one right across Bud Inlet. At a public meeting, I asked Nick how he could justify building these facilities that would compete with tax-paying entities that, ironically, pay to keep the Port in business. His answer was telling. He said that "its like coffee shops ... folks were concerned when Starbucks came into town but if you have a good product you can compete." In response, I pointed out the obvious: the Port is publicly subsidized; they do not "compete" as a private business would with another private business. Nick was intent on empire building at the Port of Olympia. In my opinion, he did so on the backs of the taxpayers to justify his high pay and benefits.
CREEP and horsesass.org
Liddy and Mike Gregoire ...also good. I hope it has Mike laughing. I've met Mike and he seems a like a good guy. I like him. And we have a couple of things in common. We were both Army officers; and we both have wives who are trying like hell to get their hands on more of my paycheck.
14. Reed - Handy, Handy - Reed basically two peas in a pod and perfect examples of the self-serving filth with 'political connections' that IMHO the Republican Party, and the State in general, would be better off without. If I ever catch wind that the State Republican Party ever gives either of these Bozo's so much as a dime for ANY REASON or lifts a finger to defend them they can forget about ever again asking me for any more money.
15. I think your right JDH. We need to go RINO hunting.
16. It still boils down to the fact that the margin of error in this election was infinitesimal--well within the bounds of normalcy-- and that is no basis for alleging fraud or overturning an election.
17. Dr. Quest: "There's none so blind as they that won't see." Jonathan Swift
18. Dr. Quest,
"well within the bounds of normalcy" - There was nothing normal about this election. If this was the 'normal election' God help us all. It is time to scrap it all and start over.
Dr. Quest we live in the age of instant information. How is it possible that you can think "that is no basis for alleging fraud or overturning an election", with all the information available to you at your keyboard.
THINK MAN, USE YOUR HEAD, and you call your self a doctor.
What do they call it when the City of Seattle Council wants you to pay for deadbeats' drug and alcohol rehab with a raise in property taxes?
Oh, it's TEAMWORK
Hey, IT'S IN THE P-I
20. You're still going to lose and I'm still going to be happy about that. "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." Merv Griffin
21. This whole event the (election contest) is like looking into an old warehouse with dirty windows, as you clean the windows, or break them, you see more and more of what is actually inside...ie the corruption in King County, and Olympia that has for years gone un-noticed on the large scale but now is being revealed in the courts.
Nick Handy is obviously 'in bed' with CG on this one.
It's amazing what 50,000 + petitioners calling for a RE-VOTE have been able to uncover!
Johnny - "Oh no Hadji, according to my calculations there are 898,851 deadly black widow spiders behind that curtain."
Hadji - "If we open that trap door, they will fall into the processing machine and be taken care of ... see"
Johnny - "but Hadji, the machine says it only could account for 897,044 of the spiders ... what about the other 1,807."
Dr Quest - "dont worry Johnny, it still boils down to the fact that the margin of error in counting deadly black widow spiders was infinitesimal--well within the bounds of normalcy-- and that is no basis for alleging those marks all over your body will lead to your immediate and painful death."
23. Every auditor that has testified disagrees with your continued assertion that "voter crediting" is relevant to the election contest or that it somehow infers that there was "ballot stuffing."
Riiiight. Knowing how many ballots you sent out in the first place and to whom you sent them prevents people from stuffing the ballot box for their favorite lib. *Whacks forhead with heel of palm* How could I forget?
You're still going to lose and I'm still going to be happy about that. "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." Merv Griffin
Posted by Dr. Quest
Merv Griffin?!?!?! I've not posted here before since I don't have anything new and constructive to contribute to the discussion, but I can't let that one go by! Good grief man, If you're going to post inane comments, at least get your quote sources right! I'm not sure who said it first, but it DARN well wasn't MERV GRIFFIN!
A close election is NO EXCUSE to ignore known bad acting that undermined the integrity of our elections.
Thanks Newman, for your informative background. Methinks Handy has been busted.
26. Dr. Quest,
You imbecile, if it can happen to one party, it can happen to any party, any time, any where.
You half-wit simpleton, you are a danger to all freedoms you shit. Freedom and laws serve all, equally.
Don't riot in our streets when you feel cheated or treated unjustly you *@^%! It will serve you right.
27. Dr. Quest well within the bounds of normalcy--
Dad, how can you say that when you nothing about normalcy? We are just cartoon characters. Say hello to your partner Race for me.
28. Wow, I'd just like to congratulate Stefan for the incredible self-control he showed in creating this humorous post....I know that personally, I'm having a hard time trying to prevent myself from making some obvious jokes involving Deep Throat and such "good" liberals (with good home training, mind you) Nixon Handy and Mark Handcock...among others....
This election process would – of course – be an example of normalcy for a liberal. It appears that Professor Quist like his equivalent intellect Ron Simms believes that this was a model election. Win or lose, Liberals are still foolish self-mocking degenerates.
By the way Quest, you can just call yourself Erik instead of playing it cute. You both obviously drink from the same toilet.
was just over trolling on donkeybutt, while listening to carlson. The new theme of the demonic rats appears to be "fine ... then we should just go count all the envelopes".
I would like to be the first to point out that 1) this would amount to yet ANOTHER partial recount.
2) if the numbers submitted are valid, no reason to count again. If the numbers submitted are not valid (after 2 recounts), there is reason to throw out the election, but not to count again.
3) the time to count is over. We are in a trial now. Time to stick by your numbers and live with the results. Kinda like back in school ... you know, when you would take a test, you could not change the answer after the teacher graded it. (bad analogy, we are in Washington State).
"Methinks Handy has been busted."
He's been outed, but I seriously doubt he will feel any pain.
'You're still going to lose and I'm still going to be happy about that'
This isn't just about Reps & Dems.....it's also about having clean & honest elections for our state. When that doesn't happen, WE ALL LOSE!
33. Handy and Handcock are good old English names, as are Cockburn and Crapper. I just don't get the joke! Why mock Handy Handcock Cockburn and Crapper. Sounds like a law firm. Surely you've heard of the accounting firm of Wadsworth and Longfellow!?!?!
34. Remember now...there are NO absoulutes, everything is 'relative' in the liberal mind, reality is subject to include emotional preferential analysis,
how they feel :-( is of the
up-most importance..."I know we won, what do batch slips have to do with elections anyway?"
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
[Lat., In regione caecorum rex est luscus.]
- Adagia (III, IV, 96)
DESIDERIUS GERHARD ERASMUS
Dutch scholar, philosopher and writer
(1465 - 1536)
36. How about Dewey, Cheatem, and Howell, which is the same as my new moniker.
37. Or Shyster, Swindler, and Horsethief, Esq.
The governor’s race trial is a reunion of sorts for Wenatchee High School alumni.
Judge John Bridges graduated from the public high school in 1968, two years ahead of both Secretary of State elections director Nick Handy, who’s representing his office at the hearing, and Russell Speidel, a local lawyer on the Democrats’ legal team.
And Chelan County Prosecutor Gary Riesen, who appeared Tuesday in court, was a few years behind them.
But it’s unlikely Bridges, who was involved in student government and played the tuba in the high school band, knew any of the young-uns, according to Handy.
“The seniors never talked to the sophomores,” said Handy, who played the tenor saxophone in the band. “He sat behind me in band,” Handy said. “He was very respected then. He’s very respected now.”
Wish we could say the same for you, Nixon.
39. "There is none so blind as he who will not see." Jeff Chaucer
40. Dr Quest = Patrick from HA.
41. Patrick is a starfish from Spongebob. He's not real.
"There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity".
----Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
I really believe this is what both Handy and Logan are guilty of (among other things). They step into high profile jobs they are woefully underqualified for and try like heck to con the public and the Judge that they are actually "the best and brightest".
Handy and Logan are both arrogant...however their incompetence and underqualifications have shown thru like one of those 2500-watt Halogen lights in the forest.
AGGRESSIVE STUPIDITY lead to the orchestrated effort to cover-up negligence and other illegal acts.
AGGRESSIVE STUPIDITY will lead to the Dems losing this Election Contest.
Ah, further proof that when you don't have a case, just resort to name calling.
More's the pitty.
44. Please Shark - coffee spew warning first! Awesome post ...
LOL--Shark & you guys are too much! Great material.
Dean on the stand today was like Ralph Kramden on television: "...Hum-a-na hum-a-na..." "The $64,000 question" asked over & over again regarding votes and procedures. Itsasquack--great Quest reference! guess that dates some of us, eh?
A troll offered encouragingly: "You're still going to lose and I'm still going to be happy about that."
If we (conservatives and normal people) lose, then we will all lose. Losing means that the sanctity of the vote holds the same ethical relativity as the rest of liberal thought - think quicksand.
If we prevail, who loses?
CG - Big deal, she earned it!
KC elections. - Same deal.
The radical left. - Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.
Democrats in Washington? - I don't think so. Most of the demos I know are mis-guided, but not insane (like the trolls who agitate here). If anything, their "lot in life" will be improved.
47. Dr Quest=s_choir, the troll with a million names
You have it right.
Too small....gotta throw it back ;'}
I just about spit up when our local cowardly traitor STEFY compared himself to Woodward. PLLLLLEEEASE.
You're so full of horsepucky that you have crossed into complete and utter la la land.
What you gonna do when you get your azzz handed to you in court Steffy? You guys really make America look worse than it is.