January 18, 2005
A big thank you to all of our readers for your kind words of support. Your interest and encouragement has kept us going to investigate and expose irregularities in the governor's election and to shed light on other important local issues.
We've lately been incurring out-of-pocket expenses for research costs and bandwidth usage. We are also planning to redesign the site to make it easier to navigate. If you could help us defray these expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.
Paypal accepts MasterCard and Visa.
If you prefer to pay by paper check and snail mail, please make your check payable and send to:
Useful Work, Inc.
4509 Interlake Ave. N #293
Seattle, WA 98103-6782
(Useful Work, Inc. is the company that takes care of the web hosting and finances for Sound Politics. Do NOT make your checks out to me personally)
Contributions to Sound Politics are not tax-deductible.
Thank you very much!
-- The Sound Politics "Dirty Dozen"
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at January 18, 2005
12:07 PM | Email This
1. that was perhaps the fastest reaction to a comment ever.
Ah, the checks from Richard Mellon Scaife, Rupert Murdoch, Karl Rove and the rest of the VRWC must be late this month.
/any given left-wing loon
3. Do you have an address we can send checks to? My Paypal is tied up due to the way that they work the one-debit-card-per-pay-pal-account system. I got some great presents this year from Santa however . .
4. Stefan, I am sure there have been unexpected expenses, and I am happy to help a little. Your work here brought to light what others are either too lazy or too biased to do. The great investigative reporting you have done is invaluable. Keep your head up, You deserve some praise, and recognition. I have not bought a newspaper on a regular basis for years due to the boring and predictable bias. I got tired of the party line and total lack of detail. I appreciate the way you back up your work with facts. I hate statistics, they are so maleable, but a good juicy fact is hard to deny.
5. Ditto on the address thing. We'd be happy to help out but would need to send a check or money order.
I am very happy to donate to the cause. Anything to keep the lines of communication going for those of us who wish to get the "un-muddied" facts on the state of things in this mud-pit of an election system we have here. Thanks so much for everyones time and effort to bring all these things to light. It has been invaluable to many of us! I cant seem to stay away from this site!
To coin a phrase "May the force be with us!"
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers
I'll pitch in a sawbuck. This is a wonderful service. After all, where else could I possibly educate this many Republicans at once? ;-)
Ok, R's. Being good capitalists, and believing in the concept of paying for services rendered, cough up a few $$$. We're certainly all getting our money's worth out of this site. Consider yourselves challenged by your friendly neighborhood "D".
8. What a pleasure that was...contributing to such an important endeavor. Keep up the good work!
Just paid through Paypal, if you need more, I'd be happy to help. Thank you and all of your contributors for all that you do.
10. It's $565 for the whole year, right...?!
I would like to pay by check also.
Sure glad you're inexpensive and not easy. With Benton it's sleazy and easy.
would like to pay by check too!!
13. would like to pay by check...sorry about sending you to my web site..click on eric for my email.
Wait Jody, I think that if you sign up before a certain date Stefan would offer a discount? Right?
15. The least we can do is "buy him a beer."
16. Dangit. Just gave all my money to Don Benton. No worries. I'll just "find" some more!
17. Paypal contribution on way! Keep up the great work.
18. Least I could do. Thanks to y'all for everything...
More than happy to contribute to such a worthy cause and such a great bunch of people.
Thanks, and God Bless!
20. Consider it done. I am pleased to donate. Thank you for everything!
21. This is a very worthwhile cause, and one that I am proud and excited to help with. Outstanding job guys.
23. Money winging in momentarily from Red State Georgia. Please keep up the good work!
24. Such a great site, happy to do it, just send that address ASAP!
25. No prob! I don't have much to contribute, but I'm more than happy to throw in a few bucks to keep this research machine going.
26. yes about the address for slow mail......you do great work, very appreciated, very enlightening.....would be honored to send a bit to keep you going.....
27. You're all real patriots...A big THANKS to you all...plus some $$ also!
28. We will definitely contribute. Stefan, have you considered BlogAds?
Did David from equine posterior contribute? It would be hard to say how much his site has benefitted from SoundPolitics but I would guess his traffic has increased because of us.
30. I wish I could donate more...I love the whole tip jar concept. :-) Keep up the spectacular work!
31. I'm in. I've already gotten far more in return from this site than my small donation would indicate. Thanks so much Stefan and crew.....
32. Please provide an address for checks to be mailed.
33. ditto on the address thing...or visa
Stefan, just a thought...could you stick a button/address on the home page and leave it up?
Just see that you don't turn into the Jim Baker of the internet...
I hate paypal too!
I'll use it if I have too....but Stefan, if you have set up a PO Box...I'd rather send my contribution via snail-mail.....
Let me know - I will contribute either way!
I'm not sure everyone knows this, but if you hit the paypal donate button, you can use anyone of your credit cards (Visa;MC;AMX and Discover) for a direct donation without having to have a paypal account.
Thanks for all you do Stefan! I'm addicted to your site for the lates facts. No more MSM for me.
37. Happy to donate. I don't subscribe to any local papers, and I've gotten far better and consistent reporting here anyway :-)
38. Bucks headed your way. You have earned it.
That was very easy!
I thought opening an account was required to transact via paypal.....This must be a new option.
40. Yeah I tried to donate with the option to not create an account. The only problem is that my wife has a paypal account with the same card associated with it and it will not let me use the desired debit card . . . . .
41. $25 bucks on its way through PayPal. Done Deal !!
paypal time keeps expiring. I didn't think I was that slow a typer...
Got an address? After 2 tries, I may have given you 60 dollars.
43. Count me in, you're doing great work and deserve some a$$istance.
44. Okay, for this, I HAVE to emerge from lurkdom. I'll be happy to send a few bucks your way if someone will provide an address I can send a check or money order to. Thanks for all of your hard work and tenacity.
45. Hey Stefan - happy to contribute - ditto though need an address - thanks (My check will be good - promise)
46. Glad to contribute to all you do Stefan - too bad we can't somehow give you the salaries of Logan et al since you're doing their jobs for them.
47. Happy to donate best money ive spent in years except for golf...give them hell
48. Done. The best money I've spent in a long while. Let us know if you need more money to cover the costs. Keep up the good work, I think this state may have some hope yet.
49. I donated a few shekels. Wish it could've been more. But everything helps, I'm sure. Please run this tip cup again in the future when we'll have a few more to drop in!
50. address ???????....pretty please.......
51. Count me in for a donation as well, but I'd rather mail a check. My wife and I recently sent a check to the Washington Republican party and are planning on sending more. (This was the first time I'd ever donated to a political party.) Keep up the good work!
I would also like to contribute but I need a PO Box number from you to send the check. Thanks for all you are doing. We live on the east side of the mt. and do not get the radio and newspaper coverage that one would get on the west side. I appreciate the up-to-the minute accounts on your website. Keep up the good spirit and fine reporting.
Also we came over for the rally. We noticed the sun shone the whole time (during the rally) but the sun disappeared behind a cloud within minutes after the rally was over.
53. I'm in for 50. We need more sharks circling the bait.
That was easy!
Thanks for all you do!
Wish I could do more, but ask again as you need help. I'd much rather give my money to you than Seattle Times (which I cancelled).
Had my settings wrong on IE6. Fixed, and you now have some useful ca$h for usefulwork...
Thanks to all the crew!
56. stefan...the work you have done for ALL of us in Washington is invaluable!!! revote now!!!!!
please keep up the good work......
57. In comparing counties with counties, and using the overall accuracy demanded in this sharply pointed election, 129/2,900,000 is 0.0044% which is much less than your lowest accuracy of the lowest county you quoted.
I'm thinking that in another 4 years, there's going to be the same party breakdown and so we need to have something done to make sure these fopaughs(sp?) don't occur again.
Thanks for your great reporting. D Hough
58. I would have to know more about "Useful Work, Inc." to write them a check.
59. Sent my tip by PayPal. Good luck. Hope you get an honest judge. Oops, sorry, guess that's an oxymoron here in Washington.